Charlie Wood
Tgwu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Danny Salman:  Empty
PostSubject: Danny Salman:    Danny Salman:  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Danny Salman: Mid-table is not good enough for Plymouth Argyle

I'VE heard a few people talking about being happy if Argyle finish mid-table this season, but I'm sorry, that's not good enough for me and I doubt that's good enough for manager Carl Fletcher and his coaches either.

The point is that everyone wants the club to progress and if people get a mindset that mid-table will be good enough, then I'm afraid progress is not going to happen.

I'm often delighted to talk to people about my opinions in this column and I'd like to thank them for their comments – whether they agree with me or not.

Even if they don't agree with me, I still appreciate what they say.

I sometimes end up in the city centre talking to people in the rain about what's happening at Argyle.

I'm a supporter and I love the club, but sometimes people doubt that and that upsets me.

People sometimes wonder why I don't say we were brilliant and we should have won by 10 goals.

But I'm honest in my assessment of a game and in what I see and what I know, and while my view might be stronger than the average fan, most supporters appreciate honesty and they appreciate things which are factual.

Anyway, I'm quite sure that after the first few games, some people would be happy with mid-table for the club.

But unless we change our philosophy, we're going to win some, lose some and draw some.

That might be all right for the club, but I think we need to go forward.

We should be asking what can we do to improve and win matches, and what can we do to improve so we can move up the table?

I'm sure Carl Fletcher and his management team, who, in my opinion, are doing a good job, are thinking about how to do that all the time.

The fans haven't had much to shout about in the last four years and now they would like to see a bit more.

The club has been through administration and survived, but it's not all about that.

It's about going for it and thinking about finishing a bit higher.

I think some of our problems stem from the fact that sometimes we can be a little predictable.

People watch us to see how that can stop us, as we watch other teams for the same reason.

If you do the same things all the time, people are going to find you out.

I remember Stoke City in their first year in the Premier League – eight of 11 of their home goals came from long throw-ins and people are going to get wise to that very quickly.

That's why we need to be a little more unpredictable in our play and mix things up a bit more.

I've been going on for years about Argyle needing to retain possession of the ball and it seems the club has realised that is what they have to do.

You can keep possession and still win matches, but passing the ball just for the sake of passing it is not going to get you anywhere.

Knocking the ball 60 yards and somebody flicking it down for a striker to score will get you a goal. But just knocking the ball aimlessly and hoping something drops for you doesn't work.

We have got to keep passing with purpose – we have small, quick players up front who would benefit from having the ball knocked into their feet, rather spending the match running after lost causes.

If you keep possession, you create more chances and you score more goals.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman:    Danny Salman:  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Always a realistic summation from Danny.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman:    Danny Salman:  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:49 pm

"But unless we change our philosophy, we're going to win some, lose some and draw some."

No shit sherlock lol!

Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman:    Danny Salman:  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:24 pm

just what i was thinking,,,,,,,dannys in the no shit sherlock gang cheers
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman:    Danny Salman:  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Not just about tactics and philosophy though, you've also got to have the players (and manager) that are good enough to execute whatever tactics you decide on. If the financial backing isn't available (for whatever reason) to bring enough quality into the club then you are going to struggle regardless of your philosophy.

Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman:    Danny Salman:  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 5:00 pm

We are moving forward are,nt we?, wev'e signed a part time fireman from the Welsh league and a chav from Woking and Fletch is going for the attack threat of playing Feeney up front as lone striker. What with that and Fletchers numerous contacts in managerial circles, and an owner who will fully fund the squad to get back into the championship, It's all on the up, I've got every faith. cheers
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman:    Danny Salman:  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 5:14 pm

".....But I'm honest in my assessment of a game and in what I see and what I know, and while my view might be stronger than the average fan, most supporters appreciate honesty and they appreciate things which are factual."

Fock me Danis, if you think your views are "strong", you ought to sign up to ATD.

You're a cute little puppy dog!

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman:    Danny Salman:  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 5:31 pm

Good player was Danis,came down here when Kemp was boss i think.Could play left back or central defence,seem to remember him using the ball quite well,which would fit in with his article in the 'erald.Long may he continue to offer forthright opinions about all things Argyle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman:    Danny Salman:  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 6:00 pm

He can expect a few text messages now! clown
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman:    Danny Salman:  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 6:24 pm

*Hires PI to find out Salman's address*
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman:    Danny Salman:  EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 9:01 am

The club has been through administration and survived, but it's not all about that.

It's about going for it and thinking about finishing a bit higher.

What I have been saying for a while, it's the whole mindset of thinking that finishing 18th would be an improvement on last year, on paper it would it's just about trying to win instead of not lose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman:    Danny Salman:  Empty

Back to top Go down

Danny Salman:
Page 1 of 1