Mock Cuncher
Tgwu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 9:42 pm

DANNY SALMAN: Why Argyle fans need to back the new boss

I was very open minded over who I thought the next Plymouth Argyle manager should be when John Sheridan left the club by mutual consent.

I think that certain teams require certain managers and Argyle needed someone to come in and not only embrace the club, but to embrace the city as a whole.

We need to keep moving forward as a team and when I read some of the names linked with the job I thought Brian McDermott would have been a good shout.

From what I know he is a hard worker, and at this point Derek Adams wasn’t even one of the people linked to the job.

I don’t really know what the Argyle board were looking for but he seems to have ticked their boxes and everybody needs to get behind him and support the team.

His record at Ross County is very impressive and you can’t knock what he achieved there.

He seems to be a grafter and I think that is what Argyle need, somebody that is willing to put in the hours and commit their time to the club.

I have heard he is pretty feisty as well and served a fair few touchline bans during his time in Scotland.

But passion is a good thing and I think fans like to see that a manager cares about a club.

Now he is here everybody needs to back him and I think that they will.

The one bit of advice I would give to Derek would be to embrace the city and to embrace the supporters.

He seems to have done his homework before coming to the club, which a potential manager should do.

He referred to the club as Argyle, which will go down well with fans.

Paul Wotton will be an invaluable contact for Adams, as he knows a lot about the club and the city.

It is good to find out as much as you can about a place from people with good experience.

Adams will find out very quickly that when things are going well down here that there are no better supporters in League Two.

And when things are not going so well the club still have better support than most teams at this level.

I am delighted to hear that Adams is relocating to Plymouth full-time and I think that it gives a good message to fans and players that you are committed to the cause.

I remember when I was offered a two and a half year deal with Argyle, back when I played and I came down here and bought a house straight away.

I think you have to do that if you want to be successful and I have been in Plymouth for 26 years now.

To be honest, Adams doesn’t really have a choice to relocate because there is no way he could travel back and forwards from Scotland.

We will have to wait and see what players he brings and what style of football he will enforce on the side.

Adams also spoke quite a bit about the importance of youth players at the club, which I think has been very overlooked in recent years.

I strongly believe that the youth setup is the most important part of a football club, especially for Argyle.

It is our lifeline.

No League One or League Two side can survive on transfers and loans.

A youth system needs to be in place to help teams in lower divisions and there are a number of players that have gone on from Argyle to do well, like Ryan Leonard.

It is great for the youth set up that Adams acknowledges how important it is and I hope that some players get a chance to prove themselves.

The youth players are going to be even more important the season after next, when teams will no longer be able to get loan players in outside of the transfer window.

Derek Adams isn’t the first Scottish manager that Argyle have appointed and I am not really sure what the connection is.

Then again, there are plenty of Scottish managers and coaches throughout English football and they are very passionate about their football.

Maybe Plymouth reminds them of Scotland, I don’t know.

Obviously, though, I hope Derek does well and I cannot wait for the season to begin.

I have been watching a fair bit of the women’s World Cup and the standard is much better than it used to be, but I cannot wait for the main season to start again.

I think that with the appointment of Adams it will be the end of a dour couple of years.

I cannot wait to see which players come in and I am hoping that Adams will prove that you can play attacking football and still keep a good amount of clean sheets.

Bournemouth are a perfect example of a team that are fantastic going forward but also difficult to break down at the back.

I think that Argyle need to entertain the fans and I hope that this team that Adams puts together does well and excites the fans.

Portsmouth is a perfect first home league game and I think it will be terrific for Adams to see such a large crowd at Home Park,

Having three out of the first four games at home is terrific and the thought of it is making me wish that I was still part of football.

It will hopefully be a great day and I am sure the fans will be out in full force

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 9:49 pm

Does anyone actually care if a manager refers to us as Argo or Plimuff? I couldnt give afuck
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
tigertony

tigertony

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 1:25 am

Does Danny Salman really think he is qualified to offer advice to a manager. Salman has never been a manager. Is he actually paid to write those articles?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 6:37 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Does anyone actually care if a manager refers to us as Argo or Plimuff? I couldnt give  afuck

Yet Sheridan was critized for never calling us Argyle......surely both can't be right ?
Back to top Go down

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 8:20 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Does anyone actually care if a manager refers to us as Argo or Plimuff? I couldnt give  afuck

i dont care never have never will.
Back to top Go down

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 9:05 am

He could call us Plymouth City and paint his office red for all I care if he gets us promoted.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 9:10 am

tigertony wrote:
Does Danny Salman really think he is qualified to offer advice to a manager. Salman has never been a manager. Is he actually paid to write those articles?

He's 100% more qualified than any of us online 'pundits' foreshore.
Back to top Go down

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 9:35 am

Les Miserable wrote:
tigertony wrote:

He's 100% more qualified than any of us online 'pundits'  foreshore.

i never heard of him till someone pointed out he played here a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 10:14 am

74 games for Argyle, 511 League games including 26 in the top flight, played in Brentford's first team at 15 and an England Youth player. Just a bit more qualified than you Angry. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 10:24 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
74 games for Argyle, 511 League games including 26 in the top flight, played in Brentford's first team at 15 and an England Youth player. Just a bit more qualified than you Angry. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

did i question his credentials at all? even once? so no need for the catty remark was there.

i just said i never heard of him when he started popping up till someone pointed out he played a couple of times. hardly questioning is
it in anyway stretch or form?
Back to top Go down

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 10:31 am

Les Miserable wrote:
tigertony wrote:

"100% more qualified"? That sort of lame platitude belongs on PASOTI.
Back to top Go down

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 10:35 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Exactly.

FWIW the guy was a manager for 1 season with the turks up the road back in the very early 90's

woops scrap that misread it he was youth team manager for 1 season with torguay back in the early 90's.....

Last edited by Angry on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 10:36 am

Sorry Angry - it was TigerTony who questioned his credentials. My Bad.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 10:53 am

Danny Salman has been very involved with kids' coaching in the Plymouth area for years. If there's anything going on in the local scene then he'll know all about it. He's also a mouth on a stick.

For those reasons he writes a decent enough Herald column every now and then and has not been officially involved, I think, much at Argyle.

He's his own man and doesn't give a toss what others think about what he thinks and will say what he likes anyway.

In short he's an ATD sort of guy.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 11:06 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
tigertony wrote:

lol I'm not going to argue with you, when it comes to lame platitudes you're 100% qualified to judge.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Danny Salman has been very involved with kids' coaching in the Plymouth area for years. If there's anything going on in the local scene then he'll know all about it. He's also a mouth on a stick.

For those reasons he writes a decent enough Herald column every now and then and has not been officially involved, I think, much at Argyle.

He's his own man and doesn't give a toss what others think about what he thinks and will say what he likes anyway.

In short he's an ATD sort of guy.

An occasional visitor to this forum I believe.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 11:55 am

Is he? I wouldn't know.

Nor would I be surprised.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 12:13 pm

I doubt Danis is a visitor. He doesn't do the internet!!!
Back to top Go down

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 2:20 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Sorry Angry - it was TigerTony who questioned his credentials. My Bad.

Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Danny Salman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman   Danny Salman Empty

Back to top Go down

Danny Salman
Page 1 of 1