Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Elias
Rollo Tomasi
shonbo
MikeWN
Yea Man
#SHITARTIST
Greenrod
VillageGreen
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Czarcasm
seadog
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
zyph
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
Earwegoagain
Rickler
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2018 10:50 am

Interesting people have banging about Parliament having a say on the final deal, you know "Saboteurs" and "Enemies of the people" etc. Think Gina Miller deserves an apology.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2018 11:06 am

lol! No I think the majority that voted leave should be offered an apology by May and the Tories, Gina Miller, practically all of the biased reamainer media and press. Anyway with May having no chance at getting this shit heap through parliament a no deal Brexit looks likely. I reckon she will be about fifty votes short.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2018 11:31 am

Can't wait for Sixtus  Dominic Boniface to grow up  Very Happy
I've heard he's already got the nod for the PM job in 2055. But that could all change when Septimus comes along. I'm reminded of the family bust up in Stardust when Secondus caused all sorts of family inheritance mayhem. Tertius was no better.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2018 12:56 pm

Many a true word said in jest Bees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2018 2:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 10:41 am

Hopefully she's looking through situations vacant today. This is the biggest sellout by a PM ever and a continuation of Cameron's failed effort to get reform from the EU. In Cameron's favour he did stick to his guns in as much as he said he'd get a good deal from Europe or we'd have a referendum. We've had the referendum, we voted out and now May has come back with exactly what Cameron got from them but she's trying to dress it up as a good deal. It isn't it's worse than what we had when we were in the EU.
I think the leadership challenge has been postponed for the weekend whilst Leadsom (remember how she dropped out of the leadership race last time to let May stroll into the job unopposed?) and Mourdant go through the motions of trying to change Mays deal that obviously won't be changed by her or the EU. Once that charades over I guess next week well see the shit hit the fan. Tories can stick with May and face certain commons defeat for the bill or get Raab C Brexit in and get him fobbed off by the EU before the inevitable No deal. This has been deliberately strung out as much by the UK as the EU hoping that we will stay in by default. It is without doubt the biggest pigs ear of a mess that politics has ever seen with the uncertainty caused by incompetence and self interest getting in the way of what should have been a simpler withdrawal thereby causing the chaos welcomed by the innies to prove their point.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 11:21 am

"Raab C Brexit" classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 9:40 am

Amber Rudd says Parliament will vote down no deal Brexit. cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rudd wrote:
Ms Rudd said she thought MPs would back the deal, but “if it doesn’t get through anything could happen. The Brexiters could lose their Brexit.”
cheers

Now that the ERG Dinosaur's feeble attempt at removing the Prime Minister has been routed, it looks like the game is well and truly up.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 10:14 am

We knew all along that Davis, Johnson, Mogg and co were a bunch of cnuts but little did we realise how totally feckin incompetent they were nor, given the way they have dominated so much of the debate, how tiny a faction they are

A tiny batshit crazy faction that quite apparently can't even count to 48 and which has recklessly torched their own political ambitions because none of them will ever lead the Tories now.

No wonder their Brexit plans are so batshit crazy. They, quite simply, are fools swollen with ambition fuelled by their own misguided sense of privilege and self-importance fellating away at the extreme fringes of right-wing ideology to legitimise their own delusions.

Hopefully we are down to May's Deal or No Brexit now and the sooner the batshit crazy gobblers smithereen May's Deal, which I must admit their own general incompetence will make difficult for them to achieve, for the good of the country the better.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 10:23 am

I quite like Moggy.

And no, I'm not a racist. I've got a colour TV.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 11:01 am

The day democracy died. It's amazing how the vote that was clearly EU in or out has been changed to deal or no deal ignoring the will of the majority of the voting public. If I was an Inny I'd be holding the champagne for now as its far from over and the chance of this bunch of cnuts getting what they want is slim, incompetence works both ways.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 11:11 am

A challenge now that fails would mean she is unchallengeable for 12 months....a challenge after parliament has rejected her Brexit deal would be more winnable and surely would be the end of the road for her.....how could a remainder ever be trusted with a true Brexit deal, tying us to the EU for years with no say in its running.....is she just trying to achieve a no Brexit at all result and rob over 17 million voters of their referendum out result ?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 11:49 am

Any ire provoked by a failure to Brexit "properly" (whatever that actually means) should be directed towards those who promised you not only regular deliveries of rocking horse manure but that rocking horse manure existed in the first place.

You were sold a lie by people who knew they were lying, did not expect to win and had no realistic plan to implement despite decades of lobbying for a win they lied and cheated to obtain and then the same people (too bloody many of them to name) ran away and quit in their droves rather than face up to the harsh realities of the lies they peddled while blaming everyone and everything else for their own cowardice and delusional ineptitude.

And there will be anger because the self-same people have spent decades nurturing and feeding that anger by pandering to the nastiest type of xenophobia and nationalism that there is have let those that actually believed them, that actually believe it is all possible, that it is desirable will all too readily be feeling very let down and will be looking to put heads on spikes to assuage their anger while still, probably, believing that the delivery of rocking horse manure will be here tomorrow until time takes its toll and what was 52% but is now a minority dwindles away to nothing.

History will not be kind to the Brexiteers.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 3:18 pm

The most likely scenario will end up with us having no say in what happens to us via EU law whilst being tied to said laws for eternity. It that's victory I'd hate to see a defeat.
As for the dwindling minority that's no more than a Facebook fact. There won't be another referendum as they are scared of getting the wrong answer again.
All the remainers have been mugged off by big businesses and banks. Globalisation is shit for the average working man. However history judges me I remain content in the fact that at least I'm not afraid to think for myself.
As for the right wing I guess je brexiteers are responsible for the massive EU rise of the right hat I was reading about today. As usual Franny you are so focussed on imaginary right wing leavers that it's clouding what confused and foggy judgement you ever had. I'll pray for you. santa
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 10:18 am

It's funny how some people have been flip flopping sides. I've always been anti EU but immigration was way down my list of why we should leave. Franny on the other hand was determined to keep immigration levels in the hundreds of thousands per year but is now supporting a deal which will stop immigration from the EU. Does this mean you are now a racist Franny or is that moniker just reserved for all the white working class people of the UK?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 1:27 pm

Theresa May has sold us all down the swannee.....before she gets the ok from Parliament.....the EU will not renegotiate once the weekend signing off occurs....they have never renegotiated deals before.....have a word with Greece.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Any ire provoked by a failure to Brexit "properly" (whatever that actually means) should be directed towards those who promised you not only regular deliveries of rocking horse manure but that rocking horse manure existed in the first place.

You were sold a lie by people who knew they were lying, did not expect to win and had no realistic plan to implement despite decades of lobbying for a win they lied and cheated to obtain and then the same people (too bloody many of them to name) ran away and quit in their droves rather than face up to the harsh realities of the lies they peddled while blaming everyone and everything else for their own cowardice and delusional ineptitude.

And there will be anger because the self-same people have spent decades nurturing and feeding that anger by pandering to the nastiest type of xenophobia and nationalism that there is have let those that actually believed them, that actually believe it is all possible, that it is desirable will all too readily be feeling very let down and will be looking to put heads on spikes to assuage their anger while still, probably, believing that the delivery of rocking horse manure will be here tomorrow until time takes its toll and what was 52% but is now a minority dwindles away to nothing.

Well history is like that, Thatcher is yearned for but what a sodding nightmare she was, even Churchill has his detractors but what a leader when this country badly needed one.
Your hysterical rant above is the classic baby throwing his toys out because he cannot get his own way, your implication that the 52% majority are basically right wing racists is offensive.
All politicians are Bleddy liars the only surprise about that is your apparent ignorance or surprise of it.
I made my own mind up a long time ago and nothing’s changed, no doubt we’re about to be sold down the river again by politicians who have over the years caused this country to be in this god awful EU impasse.
Whether you like it or not, this country held a democratic vote resulting in a majority to leave the EU, what Theresa May appears to be doing is contra to this democratic vote.
Frankly I’m more concerned that this country which virtually gave birth to democracy is about to ride roughshod over it, that’s the real worry
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 5:17 pm

I do agree with most of what you say Graiser.

BUT....the birth of democracy was a long time before we started doing it......try 500 BC and the Greeks might be nearer the mark.

The EU have rode rough shod over that country in recent years....now they're trying to do it over us as well....with the help of Europhile Theresa May.

Thatcher was bad for industry in this country....May will be remembered for turning us into a satellite state of United States of Europe, tied to their apron strings for years to come.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 7:15 pm

zyph wrote:
I do agree with most of what you say Graiser.

BUT....the birth of democracy was a long time before we started doing it......try 500 BC and the Greeks might be nearer the mark.

The EU have rode rough shod over that country in recent years....now they're trying to do it over us as well....with the help of Europhile Theresa May.

Thatcher was bad for industry in this country....May will be remembered for turning us into a satellite state of United States of Europe, tied to their apron strings for years to come.

I’ll bow to your knowledge on that Zyph, confusing it with the “ Mother of all Parliaments” reference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 7:18 pm

zyph wrote:
Theresa May has sold us all down the swannee.....before she gets the ok from Parliament.....the EU will not renegotiate once the weekend signing off occurs....they have never renegotiated deals before.....have a word with Greece.

She wont get it through parliament, her days are numbered even if the 48 letters go in or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 7:47 pm

I don't believe "all politicians are liars" anymore than I believe all people are liars. But then I'm a more positive soul than most.
But as for Greece being the first democracy.... only in some dystopian world. Over a third of  their "citizens" had no rights whatsoever and were slaves. Strange thing to be proud of, sounds like an Aviva suburbs concept of democracy....
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 9:07 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
It's funny how some people have been flip flopping sides. I've always been anti EU but immigration was way down my list of why we should leave. Franny on the other hand was determined to keep immigration levels in the hundreds of thousands per year but is now supporting a deal which will stop immigration from the EU. Does this mean you are now a racist Franny or is that moniker just reserved for all the white working class people of the UK?

Where did I say I support her deal? Comprehension really isn't your thing, is it?

I don't.

I want the best for the UK and that means no Brexit at all.

I don't want to ameliorate Brexit; I want to obliterate it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 9:09 pm

Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Well history is like that, Thatcher is yearned for but what a sodding nightmare she was, even Churchill has his detractors but what a leader when this country badly needed one.
Your hysterical rant above is the classic baby throwing his toys out because he cannot get his own way, your implication that the 52% majority are basically right wing racists is offensive.
All politicians are Bleddy liars the only surprise about that is your apparent ignorance or surprise of it.
I made my own mind up a long time ago and nothing’s changed, no doubt we’re about to be sold down the river again by politicians who have over the years caused this country to be in this god awful EU impasse.
Whether you like it or not, this country held a democratic vote resulting in a majority to leave the EU, what Theresa May appears to be doing is contra to this democratic vote.
Frankly I’m more concerned that this country which virtually gave birth to democracy is about to ride roughshod over it, that’s the real worry

And yet Greece remains resolutely pro-EU except for the far right Golden Dawn faction.

It's almost as if there's a trend emerging.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Zyph is correct the origins of democracy is Greek, however true universal democracy is a matter for discussion between Finland, Iceland or New Zealand
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

And yet Greece remains resolutely pro-EU except for the far right Golden Dawn faction.

It's almost as if there's a trend emerging.

I don’t think so.

“Pierre Moscovici, the European commissioner for economic affairs, acknowledged in an interview last year with the Italian daily Corriere della Sera that the handling of Greece's bailout program was "a scandal in terms of democratic processes".

"I am talking about the basic details of the life of a country which were decided in a body, behind closed doors, whose work is being prepared by technocrats without the minimum control of a parliament," Mr Moscovici said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next