Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Elias
Rollo Tomasi
shonbo
MikeWN
Yea Man
#SHITARTIST
Greenrod
VillageGreen
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Czarcasm
seadog
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
zyph
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
Earwegoagain
Rickler
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 10:10 pm

And yet there is no appetite in Greece, except among the Greek neo-Nazis, for Grexit.

They still want to stay in the EU.

Democratic scandal or not (and there is much that I'd agree with you regarding the EU and Greece).

In truth our thoughts about Grexit are about as relevant as theirs on Brexit.

The simple fact is the Greek people want to stay in the EU and only their looniest politicians want to leave.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 10:21 pm

Another article in the guardian saying what to expect from a US trade deal. One of the reasons I gave up eating meat. Awful animal welfare, and not good for british pig farmers either, if you're a supporter of them..
What I don't understand is if people are so anxious to do "trade deals" with other countries post brexit, why don't they want a trade deal with Europe. Everyone will have stipulations and demands. Why don't we just have no deals with anyone ? LOL
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 10:30 pm

Because no deals almost always means some form or tariff as one nation tries to protect its indigenous industries against competition from outside.

Then a second nation imposes retaliatory tariffs.

And so it goes ad nauseum.

And in the end everybody loses out.

No borders. No tariffs. One people. One love. We're one, but we're not the same. We get to carry each other. One heart. Let's get together and feel alright.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 10:42 pm

Wouldn’t mind visiting your planet, sounds like Nirvana.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 10:47 pm

Graiser wrote:
Wouldn’t mind visiting your planet, sounds like Nirvana.

U2 old boy.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 11:03 pm

Surprised it wasn't Coldplay but living to type.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 11:06 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
It's funny how some people have been flip flopping sides. I've always been anti EU but immigration was way down my list of why we should leave. Franny on the other hand was determined to keep immigration levels in the hundreds of thousands per year but is now supporting a deal which will stop immigration from the EU. Does this mean you are now a racist Franny or is that moniker just reserved for all the white working class people of the UK?

Where did I say I support her deal? Comprehension really isn't your thing, is it?

I don't.

I want the best for the UK and that means no Brexit at all.

I don't want to ameliorate Brexit; I want to obliterate it.

The way you were crowing I thought you we sensing victory. Anyway talking of comprehension this isn't what I voted for so don't blame me.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 11:16 pm

... and a bit of Bob.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 11:27 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
It's funny how some people have been flip flopping sides. I've always been anti EU but immigration was way down my list of why we should leave. Franny on the other hand was determined to keep immigration levels in the hundreds of thousands per year but is now supporting a deal which will stop immigration from the EU. Does this mean you are now a racist Franny or is that moniker just reserved for all the white working class people of the UK?

Where did I say I support her deal? Comprehension really isn't your thing, is it?

I don't.

I want the best for the UK and that means no Brexit at all.

I don't want to ameliorate Brexit; I want to obliterate it.

The way you were crowing I thought you we sensing victory. Anyway talking of comprehension this isn't what I voted for so don't blame me.

The Brextremists in the shape of the ERG have shot their bolt and missed. For all their empty bluster and poisonous rhetoric they are as relevant now as the Lib Dems.

Well it's this deal or No Brexit... That's where we are. Which would you prefer?

A pyrrhic victory or a defeat with honour?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 10:23 am

I'd prefer no deal and actually leave the EU ie as in what was actually voted for. Even for you that's not too hard to grasp is it? Thanks to a minority of shouty liberals and the biased press of this country not to mention the MPs having no concept of who they work for we will end up being tied to the EU but have no say in how it affects us. That's more your fault than mine and history will judge you for it. So feck off.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 11:14 am

Still after your precious rocking horse manure, then, even though you know it doesn't exist?

And now you are blaming me for its non-existence?

Standard denial of fact. It has plagued the debate all the way through.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 12:56 pm

"The Withdrawal Agreement would be worse than staying in the EU." - Dominic Raab.

We'd best Remain then.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 1:02 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
"The Withdrawal Agreement would be worse than staying in the EU." - Dominic Raab.

Agreed. As with the HP Mankover, it'd be better to wait until it can be done properly.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 4:55 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Still after your precious rocking horse manure, then, even though you know it doesn't exist?

And now you are blaming me for its non-existence?

Standard denial of fact. It has plagued the debate all the way through.

For the very last time it's you that's in denial. I don't want this deal, i want no deal, cliff edge Brexit call it what you want but I didn't vote for this Cameron/May bluster and bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 6:09 pm

I know.

You voted for rocking horse manure.

I get it.

Good luck with finding some.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I know.

I get it.

Nothing like a sore loser, the trouble with this country is we’re infested with soppy limp wristed spineless politicians and I would vote for anyone with the spunk to stand up to Barnier, Tusk and that piss head and tell em to feck off and shove the EU up their jacksys.
P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 12:14 am

Yeah, ok Gaffer, after a life of taking it easy, keeping yourself clean and housed, you're suddenly going to get really mad and get your pencil out. LOL.  Can't wait for your next vote in the democratic ballot box. Don't fret, I'm sure someone will represent your views, given your desire for spunk.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 12:19 am

Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I know.

I get it.

Nothing like a sore loser, the trouble with this country is we’re infested with soppy limp wristed spineless politicians and I would vote for anyone with the spunk to stand up to Barnier, Tusk and that piss head and tell em to feck off and shove the EU up their jacksys.
P

I'm sure they'd be quaking in their boots. How hasn't anyone thought of just telling the EU to go feck themselves before? This man's a genius on Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage's level. Brexit is all sorted.

Ffs some people are just dense as feck.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 8:21 am

Is Bono the chap that flew his hat first class and moved U2s earnings offshore to avoid that nasty tax thing that pay for services?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 10:13 am

I voted remain, I also forecast right from the start that we would, "pay more, get less and have no say"

It brings me no pleasure to see this likely result materialise.

There is no English political party that I would vote for or trust with government.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 10:23 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I know.

I get it.

I'm sorry has this deal been passed by Parliament yet I must have missed that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 9:00 pm

beesrus wrote:
Yeah, ok Gaffer, after a life of taking it easy, keeping yourself clean and housed, you're suddenly going to get really mad and get your pencil out. LOL.  Can't wait for your next vote in the democratic ballot box. Don't fret, I'm sure someone will represent your views, given your desire for spunk.

You know sod all about me you self centred patronising idiot, it doesn’t bother me what you (especially you) or others may think, I’ve got an opinion and I’ll write it, whether anybody agrees or not I’m not bothered.
You and your ilk fawn about each other writing the same monotonous crap, in fact I don’t know why some of you just don’t cut and paste your posts, you can vary the abuse to make it look as if you’ve had an original thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 9:01 pm

Big Robby wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I know.

I get it.

P

I'm sure they'd be quaking in their boots. How hasn't anyone thought of just telling the EU to go feck themselves before? This man's a genius on Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage's level. Brexit is all sorted.

Your right there, I’ve read some of your stuff!
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 9:22 pm

Graiser wrote:
Big Robby wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I know.

I get it.

P

Your right there, I’ve read some of your stuff!

So your Brexit plan is to send Alf Garnett in to give Johnny Foreigner a good telling off. Genius
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 6:13 am

Even Dominic Raab says that staying in the EU would be preferable to May's 'idiot pleasing' deal. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next