Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Elias
Rollo Tomasi
shonbo
MikeWN
Yea Man
#SHITARTIST
Greenrod
VillageGreen
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Czarcasm
seadog
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
zyph
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
Earwegoagain
Rickler
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 9:16 am

Big Robby wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Big Robby wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I know.

You voted for rocking horse manure.

I get it.

Good luck with finding some.

Nothing like a sore loser, the trouble with this country is we’re infested with soppy limp wristed spineless politicians and I would vote for anyone with the spunk to stand up to Barnier, Tusk and that piss head and tell em to feck off and shove the EU up their jacksys.
P

I'm sure they'd be quaking in their boots. How hasn't anyone thought of just telling the EU to go feck themselves before? This man's a genius on Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage's level. Brexit is all sorted.

Ffs some people are just dense as feck.

Your right there, I’ve read some of your stuff!

So your Brexit plan is to send Alf Garnett in to give Johnny Foreigner a good telling off. Genius

Not really, I'm just fed up to the back teeth seeing our politicians allowing themselves to be, what appears to be bullied into accepting the punishment the EU is determined to mete out to us for having the temerity to withdraw from their cabal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:32 pm

What bit of 27 countries against one do you not understand ? The days of empire are over.  
Still, 51st state, here we come, that'll give us back our sovereignty .   jocolor
Frying pan or fire, that's the blunt reality.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 2:44 pm

beesrus wrote:
What bit of 27 countries against one do you not understand ? The days of empire are over.  
Still, 51st state, here we come, that'll give us back our sovereignty .   jocolor
Frying pan or fire, that's the blunt reality.

Try telling that to the EU.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 3:07 pm

What goes around, comes around. Treat as you would want to be treated. They're the new big kids on the block.
Hey, maybe in a few years we'll be isolated and sanctioned like Iran, Russia or Cuba.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 4:32 pm

The empire strikes back eh? I bet there aren't many remainers that remember our Empire with much fondness but seem keen to build a new one with the EU.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 4:39 pm

TBF, the EU haven't yet started some of the more nasty colonial tactics of the British, french and Spanish.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 10:00 am

If you look closely at Theresa May on her public tour you can just see the strings that Cameron is using to operate her with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 5:19 pm

beesrus wrote:
TBF, the EU haven't yet started some of the more nasty colonial tactics of the British, french and Spanish.

Really, add to those countries above the Germans, Portuguese, Belgians, Dutch, Danish, Swedish and Italy all former colonising countries who along with the rest of the EU cabal seem to be practising a modern form of mercantilism in the withdrawal negotiations, which was one of the “nasty colonial tactics” you imply was exclusive to the British, French and Spanish.
So they are it alright, big style.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 5:30 pm

If you think the modern EU behaviour, as bad as it has been with Greece for instance, is anywhere comparable to the appalling behaviour of centuries ago, there really is no talking to you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 6:17 pm

beesrus wrote:
If you think the modern  EU behaviour, as bad as it has been with Greece for instance, is anywhere comparable to the appalling behaviour of centuries ago, there really is no talking to you.  

Well we’re not talking and never will, we write opinions and you’ve got it wrong, your implication about us, the French and Spanish being the naughty boys of colonialism when the best part of Europe were at it is clearly wrong, mercantilism was one of many bad practises used by colonialists to suppress those oppressed countries.
The point I’m trying to make, although it is difficult, is the EU are using the same tactic with us, just for your clarity I’m referring to mercantilism, not all the other stuff all of the European Colonialists got up to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 7:12 pm

1.... Of course it wasn't just 3 countries at it. How stupid, you can type 20 countries if you like, I can't be bothered.
2.... I'm talking invasion, mass murder, war, rape of resources, material and shackled slave labour.

The present empire, and yes, I believe it has empirical objectives that I disapprove of big time, is just nothing like previous empires at this stage.  Of course, if the present EU empire was run by the Brits and not the Germans and French, I think we may well have seen rather a different approach from the English flag wavers. Call brexit as it is, don't pretend it's something else, some nirivana of free peoples and free trade basking in democratic Westmonster sunshine...... it ain't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 9:38 pm

beesrus wrote:
1.... Of course it wasn't just 3 countries at it. How stupid, you can type 20 countries if you like, I can't be bothered.
2.... I'm talking invasion, mass murder, war, rape of resources, material and shackled slave labour.

And that’s still going on but more incestuous now.

The present empire, and yes, I believe it has empirical objectives that I disapprove of big time, is just nothing like previous empires at this stage.  Of course, if the present EU empire was run by the Brits and not the Germans and French, I think we may well have seen rather a different approach from the English flag wavers. Call brexit as it is, don't pretend it's something else, some nirivana of free peoples and free trade basking in democratic Westmonster sunshine...... it ain't.

Well you don’t know that and none of us do, so have your rant which I kind of expected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 10:38 pm

It's not a rant gaffer, just my opinion. raised eyebrow
The empire thing might not work out anyway as the fascist thing might take off in Europe as it could elsewhere, and that would be that.   Bigger things at play than tweeza's conundrum. Times of the planet and all that, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's dark.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 11:24 pm

The European dream doesn't appear to be panning out too well on the mean streets of Paris.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 8:08 am

I don't get the lefty love in for the EU. The EU is capitalist, forcing austerity upon Greece and Italy, requiring Euro member states to keep within deficit limits, directives opening public services (like rail) to private competition, Macron in trying to reduce massive unemployment amongst the young by relaxing labour laws, in many ways the UK has gone through the pain of policies that the EU is now implementing yet Thatcher bad EU good, I must have missed something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 8:58 am

The left has never liked the capitalist EU anymore than the capitalist Westminster. The love in you describe is of the centrist  blairites, of which Macron is the latest manifestation. He has stolen the clothes, had them dry cleaned, and will be shown up for what he is.
It's all part of the wider contemporary splitting of the working class everywhere to produce the new under class with virtually no rights whatsoever. The Greeks of Plato's time showed them how to do it. Slavery.
On another related point, I see a couple more of the wealthy brexit advocates have been busy buying EU citizenship. They're not going to be inconvenienced. Do as I say, not as I do Razz
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 11:13 am

the peoples march, marching with JC banners, demanding a peoples referendum/vote with remain on the ballet, all those people are centrist blairites?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 1:17 pm

Have a look at the gilets jaunes in France, it's both left and right activists
The left is somewhat spilt on the matter of brexit. I think it safe to say the right wing certainly isn't, and it was their presence that stopped me voting for a reasoned brexit, which was what was supposed to be on offer.
Despite the above, we still have to trade with our nearest and dearest, come what may, that's just how it is, so there has to be a trade deal in today's world.  Just unfortunate for lil'ol' blighty, we are bargaining with a far bigger entity than ourselves. A clear EU example of "together, united, we'll never be defeated" . Face it, we're outnumbered and cornered, with Trump the pit bull salivating over the NHS and the like. Blighty's best chance is to play the stalling game and wait to see if the rising fascism changes the equation, or whether it is a passing phase..
"no deal" wasn't what the people voted on. That would require a proper mandate in my mind,  and not just a parliamentary vote by the capitalist lackeys we call our sovereign parliament. That is looking more and more likely. The country is split down the middle. Europe is not........ yet. It's like something out of A Tale of Two Cities.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 2:10 pm

beesrus wrote:
Have a look at the gilets jaunes in France, it's both left and right activists
The left is somewhat spilt on the matter of brexit. I think it safe to say the right wing certainly isn't, and it was their presence that stopped me voting for a reasoned brexit, which was what was supposed to be on offer.
Despite the above, we still have to trade with our nearest and dearest, come what may, that's just how it is, so there has to be a trade deal in today's world.  Just unfortunate for lil'ol' blighty, we are bargaining with a far bigger entity than ourselves. A clear EU example of "together, united, we'll never be defeated" . Face it, we're outnumbered and cornered, with Trump the pit bull salivating over the NHS and the like. Blighty's best chance is to play the stalling game and wait to see if the rising fascism changes the equation, or whether it is a passing phase..
"no deal" wasn't what the people voted on. That would require a proper mandate in my mind,  and not just a parliamentary vote by the capitalist lackeys we call our sovereign parliament. That is looking more and more likely. The country is split down the middle. Europe is not........ yet.  It's like something out of A Tale of Two Cities.

Naughty Bees muddying the water. Heres the question that was asked,

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Doesn't say deal or no deal it says remain or leave the EU hence why so many leavers aren't happy with the "deal" it wasn't part of the vote. I guess you've been confused by all the fake news out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 2:24 pm

Naughty Earwig
Vote Tory, Vote Labour, vote liberal, vote green. Doesn't say anything else does it.... ? ... and never has.
I've gotten used to the rigged fake news over my lifetime, it's always been there, it's just anyone can do it now rather than just the toffs. I believe there was similar rulers' consternation when the printing press was invented ad "democratised". They soon put a stop to that.
It's not all fake, I believe some of it, for all the good that does. Twasn't me that muddied the waters, I'm just swimming in the stuff.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 2:42 pm

Buuulllssshhhhiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttt. You talk of a deal being offered at the referendum it wasn't, it was choice of remain or leave. No amount of swimming in muddied waters change the fact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 3:05 pm

Bullshit. the debate never said there would be no deal. Not once. The brexiteers said a new trading deal with the EU would be the easiest in history. LOL. I also remember dear old Nige ( remember him ? LOL )saying the fight would still go on even if he lost the vote.
Like it or not, people depend on hearing the true alternatives in the real world, before putting their cross in the box. Naughty Earwig.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 4:27 pm

Muddy muddy water. The referendum question was in or out of EU not deal or no deal as you quite clearly stated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 4:50 pm

We're getting somewhere. All we have to do  now is define what out means, as clearly brexit means brexit isn't cutting it and Europe isn't going to float away anytime in the near future. Norway and Canada are both OUTside the Eu, I'm sure you will agree, and one of them doesn't even pay into the coffers. So, there's 2 relatively easy options to chose from. Could even cut and paste the Norway deal, well, if the fishing was taken out of the equation. LOL.
One thing would get my own vote for any form of brexit immediately ( hard Irish border excepting). A legally binding promise from westminster that all single farm payments for all farmers, landowners and property speculators like brent, were to stop immediately and permanently. After all, we have universal credit including working tax credits, for those in hardship. Can't think why it hasn't been suggested. raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 5:21 pm

It was in or out not deal or no deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next