Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Elias
Rollo Tomasi
shonbo
MikeWN
Yea Man
#SHITARTIST
Greenrod
VillageGreen
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Czarcasm
seadog
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
zyph
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
Earwegoagain
Rickler
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 6:57 am

Czarcasm wrote:
I’ve got €1.13 to the £ this afternoon. Significant little rise. Still edging up too.

Live interbank rate was 1.1535 yesterday afternoon and now at time of post 1.1481
If you're getting 1.13 in town local thats not too shabby

Friend of mine on ATD uses the Clarity Card from Halifax which will get you full interbank rates in Europe and elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 7:14 am

Jesus Wept shes getting mullered this morning in the last hour

Barnier the "Irish back stop cannot be time limited" with Airbus describing her actions over Brexit as "disgraceful" and threatening they will pull out of the uk
As I said yesterday theres not a chance in hell we leave with no deal. Not happening hence Sterling continuing to rise

I rarely post on this thread but this is all over. 2nd referendum virtually nailed on with article 50 delayed for 6 months or longer maybe she'll continue to try and cobble a deal together

(I voted out for clarity)

Last edited by harvetheslayer on Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 7:21 am

Michel Barnier says opposing no-deal Brexit will not stop it in March

EU’s chief negotiator warns UK will crash out unless ‘positive majority’ of MPs agree on new vision

Todays Guardian, Barnier with a different view.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 7:35 am

PatDunne wrote:

Michel Barnier says opposing no-deal Brexit will not stop it in March

EU’s chief negotiator warns UK will crash out unless ‘positive majority’ of MPs agree on new vision

Todays Guardian, Barnier with a different view.

I'll bet a £1000 to a £100 we dont crash out on 29th March with no deal. Not happening. Dominic Grieves amendment ensures MPs have final say if that is a remote possibility.
This will get kicked down the road ending in a 2nd Referendum
People voted out in 2016 (as I did) they didnt vote to get slaughtered in the process with a no deal exit. There was huge bullshit on both sides of the campaigns in 2016
As in any democracy a vote can be taken again

People saying "walk away" and leave are just absolutely clueless. Half of this £39 Billion divorce settlement is actually already due for existing agreements.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 10:33 am

I don't think there will a second referendum in fact I think it's the least likely of all scenarios because it carries a risk of the result being leave with no deal. I expect that key figures will cave into pressure to accept better jobs in the next cabinet and vote Mays deal through after they get "cast iron assurances" about the length of backstop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 11:35 am

Just what would a second referendum prove unless there’s cast iron guarantees that the remainers will win, obviously that cannot happen.
I think there’s a real risk/chance of leaving with no deal, which would be a struggle initially but one we’ll emerge from.
I didn’t listen to the crap then and I’m not listening to the new crap either.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 12:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 4:49 pm

You're the inniest outy I've met Harve.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 5:58 pm

No deal is better than any deal the UK is going to get from the EU.

Grow some and just leave....
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 6:17 pm

That's what I say. Harve is being either economical with the truth or deliberately c&ping from facebook anti Brexit pages. Airbus have been the most vocal of all industry regarding Brexit and what they have actually said is that "in the even of a NO DEAL we will pull out of the UK".
Leave the project fear to the remainers, unless as I expect that is what you really are Harve?
What is really crinminal is not planning for no deal, leaving with no deal will cause big ructions for a while, leaving with no deal and feck all planning will cause the chaos all the remainers are craving.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 6:24 pm

The Uk has proved it can deal with chaos on many occasions in the past. What it can't seem to do now is 'deal' with making a deal.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 8:07 am

This no deal threat has to end today

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 8:26 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

Leave the project fear to the remainers, unless as I expect that is what you really are Harve?

I voted out. I didnt vote to get mullered in the process. In a 2nd referendum I would vote remain.
Trust that clarifies my position
If every household was sent a full fact sheet of the pros and cons approved by both sides there is little doubt of the outcome.

Everybody was lied to on both sides of the argument in 2016

We will leave I fully accept however have little doubt it will be with a deal simply no way on earth we will leave without one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 8:35 am

Now its the turn of the countries major food suppliers to join with "Project Fear",

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You'd like to think even the biggest headbangers might pause to take stock but I suspect this will be deemed to be them inventing lies about storage space to undermine THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 9:10 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I voted out. I didnt vote to get mullered in the process. In a 2nd referendum I would vote remain.
Trust that clarifies my position
If every household was sent a full fact sheet of the pros and cons approved by both sides there is little doubt of the outcome.

Everybody was lied to on both sides of the argument in 2016

We will leave I fully accept however have little doubt it will be with a deal simply no way on earth we will leave without one

Ok so remain win a second referendum....will it then be...best of three...five...seven... nine....until those that are trying to undermine Brexit get a result that keeps us shackled to Brussels and under German authority with the help of their puppet friends in France....if you can't win two WW's we'll beat you another way attitude.

Never have a referendum that can be overturned......just walk away....they've got just as much to lose as the UK......they wont want thousands of German cars stuck at Calais or any other EU product not crossing into the UK.

How can a remainer PM ever negotiate Brexit.....and sign a deal without the ok of Parliament that can be binding.....wake up EU your dealing with the UK not just Theresa May.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 9:58 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Now its the turn of the countries major food suppliers to join with "Project Fear",

You'd like to think even the biggest headbangers might pause to take stock but I suspect this will be deemed to be them inventing lies about storage space to undermine THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE

Lmfao. Mail bomb by the big supermarkets who dictate the prices they will pay to our farmers because there is much more profit to be had by importing food than cutting food miles and developing a market at home.
Just answer a simple question, would rather rather drink milk from Bude or Budapest? Would you rather your lettuce was grown in Wadebridge or Warsaw? Just the carbon footprint angle should have you voting for locally produced food. All these imports are bad for our economy and it's killing the planet and all so the big four can pay their staff the minimum wage and share out massive dividends to the shareholders. Yay go globalisation.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 10:17 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Lmfao. Mail bomb by the big supermarkets who dictate the prices they will pay to our farmers because there is much more profit to be had by importing food than cutting food miles and developing a market at home.
Just answer a simple question, would rather rather drink milk from Bude or Budapest? Would you rather your lettuce was grown in Wadebridge or Warsaw? Just the carbon footprint angle should have you voting for locally produced food. All these imports are bad for our economy and it's killing the planet and all so the big four can pay their staff the minimum wage and share out massive dividends to the shareholders. Yay go globalisation.

Who is going to pick all this loverly westcountry produce in the years to come? The farmers I know are shitting themself worrying they wont be able to use cheap foreign labour after Brexit
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 10:41 am

Big Robby wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Who is going to pick all this loverly westcountry produce in the years to come? The farmers I know are shitting themself worrying they wont be able to use cheap foreign labour after Brexit

Cheap foreign labour lol. If I were you and Hugh I'd stockpile lettuce whilst you still can. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 10:46 am

I'd like to see our British farmers try and grow Bananas, Oranges or anything with vitamin c in it.

I think we need to invest heavily in our sewages infrastructure to deal with the foulage produced from eating nothing but meat and potatos.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 10:53 am

I'd also like to see the Europeans do it as well. You do know that 90% of Seville oranges are grown in Morroco? There are zero bananas grown in the EU either. I'm not stupid enough to think we can grow all our exotic fruit we consume what we could do is produce loads more of the food we eat and just import the ones we can't.
I am anti globalisation, I'm anti food miles and I'm anti big supermarkets who emply staff on the minimum wage whilst we top them up via our taxes in the form of working family tax credit. This is one of my main reasons for voting out, well that and being a thick racist obvs.
The main problem we have is that no one is planning for a no deal Brexit.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 11:49 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I'd also like to see the Europeans do it as well. You do know that 90% of Seville oranges are grown in Morroco?

You do know that stat that is completely made up?

The biggest supplier of oranges to the EU? Spain. Then Greece.

Anyway, I agree wholeheartedly about the way corporations under-pay staff and we pick up the bill. I just don't see the UK government driving through any meaningful minimum wage or corporate taxation bills.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 1:31 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I'd also like to see the Europeans do it as well. You do know that 90% of Seville oranges are grown in Morroco?

You do know that stat that is completely made up?

The biggest supplier of oranges to the EU? Spain. Then Greece.

Anyway, I agree wholeheartedly about the way corporations under-pay staff and we pick up the bill. I just don't see the UK government driving through any meaningful minimum wage or corporate taxation bills.

Fairymuff the 90% figure was off the top of my head but and this is gospel I went to the Northeast of Morroco and there is a huge area on the Med that grows amazing fruit and veg. Whilst there the guy we were staying with showed us around his farm and we watched whilst they loaded arctics with oranges into boxes clearly marked as "Seville oranges" complete with the name of the farm in Spain where they are "grown". The only fiddle employed here is that really they should have moved them in plain boxes and then re packed them in Spain to be legitimately called "produce of the EU". Another wheeze along the same lines is Vietnamese chicken being exported to Holland and then processed, ie, shrink wrapped and packaged and then completely changing its heritage from Aisian to European.
There's plenty of evidence out there to back these claims up if anyone cares to look.

Last edited by Earwegoagain on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 2:49 pm

I trust in Farage, Rees Mogg, johnson, Banks, Dyson and the Mighty Liam Fox to lead us forward into a brave new world of trade and prosperity.

I agree with Earwig, the EU is a corrupt edifice, unfortunately the main British parties, Co, Lab and Lib are just as, if not more so.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 3:10 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I'd like to see our British farmers try and grow Bananas, Oranges or anything with vitamin c in it.

I think we need to invest heavily in our sewages infrastructure to deal with the foulage produced from eating nothing but meat and potatos.

You'd like to see British farmers try and grow Kale, Parsley, Rose hips, Blackcurrents, Thyme, Mustard Spinach which contain large amounts of vitamin C?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 3:53 pm

One of my main gripes with air miles is the way that the supermarkets have extended the buying season of seasonal fruit with Strawberries being a prime example. Unripe fruit is picked all over the world then shipped over dosed with some gas to "ripen" it and hey presto we can eat strawberries at crimbo. Trouble is they look great but taste like shite. Wait until summer and eat proper Strawbs. As for the next three months we should all be eating leeks, kale, cabbage, squash, carrots and parsnips, leave the green beans until when they are in season. Anyway I digress the beans all come from Kenya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next