Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Elias
Rollo Tomasi
shonbo
MikeWN
Yea Man
#SHITARTIST
Greenrod
VillageGreen
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Czarcasm
seadog
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
zyph
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
Earwegoagain
Rickler
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 7:06 pm

The “British” fruits grown abroad are absolute crap, no taste, no loss, but I’m sure all this stockpiling fear stories will turn out to be exactly that-stories.
We might rough it for a few months with a No Deal but I’m sure this country will get over that.
Just wish we had a Politician who would front up Barnier and the rest of the corrupt cabal and shove it to them.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 9:56 pm

Many say their reason for leaving the EU is largely influenced by a belief that it is anti-democratic and they'd prefer a clean break meaning we leave on WTO terms.

Who runs the WTO?

How do I vote to select the people who run the WTO?

How does anybody vote for, or against, the people who run it or the decisions it makes?

What part does democracy play in its decision making?

If I don't like WTO rules how do I vote to change them?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 11:12 pm

Hold a referendum?
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 12:02 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
One of my main gripes with air miles is the way that the supermarkets have extended the buying season of seasonal fruit with Strawberries being a prime example. Unripe fruit is picked all over the world then shipped over dosed with some gas to "ripen" it and hey presto we can eat strawberries at crimbo. Trouble is they look great but taste like shite. Wait until summer and eat proper Strawbs. As for the next three months we should all be eating leeks, kale, cabbage, squash, carrots and parsnips, leave the green beans until when they are in season. Anyway I digress the beans all come from Kenya.

It's why I quite like going to a greengrocer who's prepared to tell me 'no. we haven't got that, try this.'

The repackaging wheeze has been around for a while. Lots of things marked as 'Made in Britain' only had a few bits put together in the UK. The EU's Rules of Origin make this illegal on all produce, and they're pushing it through on all primary ingredients on processed food (sorry - I have a mate who works for Samworth Bros, so I've been bored stupid about this in the past Razz)

Hopefully our government introduce the same rules. Not everyone shops at local butchers etc, and I nip into Morrisons as much as I do Downings. You can't make informed choices about food miles (avocados and pineapples and whatnot aside) without the people flogging you stuff telling you where it comes from.

Also lets start subsidising hydroponics, but that's a rant for another time!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 1:10 pm

So May has managed to kick the can down the road for another three weeks or so. Amazing how some of the papers are claiming it as some kind of victory as she's scraped through a vote without having her arse completely kicked again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 10:34 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Many say their reason for leaving the EU is largely influenced by a belief that it is anti-democratic and they'd prefer a clean break meaning we leave on WTO terms.

Who runs the WTO?

How does anybody vote for, or against, the people who run it or the decisions it makes?

As it seems to be bugging you why don’t you contact the WTO and ask.

Here’s their contact details

41 (0)22 739 51 11
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 12:45 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Who runs the WTO?

Any more questions?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 9:18 am

I reckon we should get a deal to move all the remainers to Europe where they could happily end their days in the Eu topia of their dreams, no racism, no low wages, everybody equal. This only applies to Germany btw other EU experiences may vary from product shown.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 4:23 pm

What will we do when we can't import any more Polish Beef?

Eleven EU countries have imported beef from a Polish abattoir accused of handling sick cows, and urgent checks are now under way, EU officials say.
Poland has identified 9.5 tonnes of beef from the plant, now closed down, 2.5 tonnes of which was exported.
"Withdrawal and destruction of the meat is ongoing," the EU Commission said.
Besides Poland, it named the affected countries as: Estonia, Finland, France, Hungary, Lithuania, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Germany and Slovakia.
The scandal erupted because of covert filming at the abattoir near Ostrow Mazowiecka in north-eastern Poland. The video was broadcast by Polish TVN 24.
It showed cows that were too sick to stand being dragged from lorries into the slaughterhouse.
Poland's chief veterinary officer, Pawel Niemczuk, said the plant was involved in "illegal activities, as slaughter was carried out deliberately at night, in order to avoid official supervision".
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptySat Feb 02, 2019 5:20 pm

There are only three outcomes to this

1) May gets on her hands and knees before the EU (again) and gets a watered down deal of sorts (a tough ask), then returns to Parliament (again)
2) No deal, resulting in chaos as the economy crashes through the floor and a recession following. That theory is now being heavily touted
3) No Brexit, everything remains as it was

You could bet on all three, with no Brexit being strong dark horse.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptySat Feb 02, 2019 6:59 pm

I don't believe in the certain recession. Years of uncertainty over whether we are in or out will definitely cause a recession it's having an effect already.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 1:08 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I don't believe in the certain recession. Years of uncertainty over whether we are in or out will definitely cause a recession it's having an effect already.

Correct about the uncertainty angle. Nissan pulling out of investing in Sunderland is just the latest and will be a huge blow to that economy. Although other factors did play a part too, not just Brexit (unless they are spinning).

Did you hear about the plans to evacuate the Queen, and other senior royals, to a safe place should a no deal happen (the view being that should violent disorder break out on the streets, the royals will be ok). I heard about it late last night on a Sunday paper review.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 1:24 pm

What a larf that is. They live in castles surrounded by Cavalry, SAS and Mi5 plus god knows how many coppers, not like they are in danger whatever happens. Anyway if the Brits haven't rioted over the last ten years with all he shite we've put up with I can't see it happening now.
Nissan story is classic fearmongering with it being described as Sunderland losing x amount of jobs because of Brexit yet it was a planned expansion so no existing jobs are being lost plus the x trail is a feck off big diesel which will be outlawed in about five years.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 2:05 pm

the Queen story is complete bollocks, the only rioting will be from disaffected Faragistas Yellow Coats after May finally capitulates and agrees to continue paying the EU in full in return for feck all.

Let's face it the FYCs all love the Queen and Rees Smug so she will be safe.

Nissan and all the others are probably just being offered better subsidies elsewhere, that is the Tory dream, free enterprise at any cost, hence very little reaction from Theresa and the FYCs.

As for polish beef, mmmmmmmm, meat is good for you.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 12:18 pm

I haven't trolled anybody anywhere.

What I have done is point out that there is a racist streak a mile wide running through Brexit. You have taken this as an accusation that you are racist. You are wrong. I have never said this.

Let me explain again:

Cider is an alcoholic drink; not all alcoholic drinks are cider.

Lager is a beer; not all beers are lagers.

All racists will vote Brexit; not all Brexiteers are racist.

It really is not difficult but you still don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 12:35 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

What I have done is point out that there is a racist streak a mile wide running through Brexit. You have taken this as an accusation that you are racist. You are wrong. I have never said this.

Let me explain again:

I'm bowing out its really too easy. Rearrange these letters to make a relevant sentence,

Man rope hang give a enough to himself. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 2:23 pm

So were going to control our borders at ports by not enforcing any control at all and the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) will no longer be available after Brexit to anyone resident in the UK (not just British citizens).

It's all going swimmingly.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 2:31 pm

Meanwhile support for Brexit continues to nosedive (as it was always inevitable that it would which is why the Leavers are so anti a People's Referendum).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

History will not be kind.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 4:07 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Meanwhile support for Brexit continues to nosedive (as it was always inevitable that it would which is why the Leavers are so anti a People's Referendum

As opposed to what? 20th Century history, with its two World Wars and two nuclear bombs!
You are a fool and a dreamer. The next big war is potentially between an EU army (which was always denied) and a suspicious Russia still seething at the loss of its satellite states to Europe.
I’m sure you can come up with a bigger picture. This should be fun.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 4:36 pm

The EU are poking their noses into Venesuala as we speak trying to back regime change. I thought they were just a trading bloc? I suppose that's why they want a Euro army? What's next challenging the yanks and ruskies as a world wide superpower? They could launch their own war on drugs. Triffic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 6:27 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
So were going to control our borders at ports by not enforcing any control at all and the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) will no longer be available after Brexit to anyone resident in the UK (not just British citizens).

It's all going swimmingly.

And just what border control is there now ? and there will still be random checks as is the norm now.

As for the EHIC card, so what, medical issues I’ve had abroad in EU countries they were only interested in my travel insurance not the blue card.

Your struggling now.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 6:37 pm

Interesting you may recall many months ago I mentioned about lodgers from Poland working at Princess Yachts. Szymon the guy has just bought a flat but said around 220 Poles in the work force are going back home over the next 8 weeks. Thats over half the Polish contingent there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 6:47 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Meanwhile support for Brexit continues to nosedive (as it was always inevitable that it would which is why the Leavers are so anti a People's Referendum).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We’re anti second referendum because the first hasn’t been implemented yet, don’t you understand the concept of democratic voting or are you more comfortable with dictatorship?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 7:01 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Let me explain again:

So how do you know all racists have voted for Brexit?
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 7:14 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Interesting you may recall many months ago I mentioned about lodgers from Poland working at Princess Yachts. Szymon the guy has just bought a flat but said around 220 Poles in the work force are going back home over the next 8 weeks. Thats over half the Polish contingent there

Perhaps Princess Yachts will have to start paying better to attract more UK tradesmen of the calibre they require then.

Our government loves immigrant workers to keep wages suppressed.
The minimum wage has effectively become the maximum wage in many fields. About time market forces weren’t distorted in this way.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next