Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Elias
Rollo Tomasi
shonbo
MikeWN
Yea Man
#SHITARTIST
Greenrod
VillageGreen
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Czarcasm
seadog
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
zyph
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
Earwegoagain
Rickler
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 9:32 am

Graiser wrote:
My fears on the erosion of democracy in this country are coming to fruition, shouldn’t matter if your a leaver or remainer, democracy going to Hell in a handcart and we should be more worried about that than anything else
Parliament voted to hold a referendum, probably thinking all us peasants would vote to remain, we didn’t and we’ve had a Tory “leader” who voted remain agreeing a fudge deal that effectively ties us to the EU without being part of any rule making, it was fated from the start, the negotiations should have been led by a person who was a staunch leaver but it wasn’t and Great Britain is just Britain, the great politicians of the past would be turniyin they race at the bunch nondescripts of all sides harrumping away

David Davis, a staunch leaver, was Secretary of State for Exiting the EU for over 2 years and achieved nothing other than to completely give in to the EU over scheduling of negotiations.

As I said above,parliament voted in favour of both A50 and the withdrawal bill. I'm confused as to what people have the problem with, other than the lies that were fed coming into harsh contact with reality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 10:22 am

I also mentioned leaders, David Davies isn’t
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 10:25 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I love the way the ERG are the ones painted as bastards and not the house of commons as a whole who are wilfully going against the result of a legally binding referendum. At least I'm not shocked or hurt more like I'm carrying a sad air of vindication that my view of politics in general has been bang on all my life.
I still wouldn't rule out a no deal though.

Sorry you've lost me, the house of commons voted massively in favour of activating article 50 and massively in favour of the EU wihtdrawal act. Not that the referedum was legally binding either, it was advisory. So I'm not sure what you have a problem with?

You've lost yourself Hugh. The ERG stands for European reform group. Bastards they probably are but they campaigned to have a referendum for years because they knew the public would back them with an out vote which came to pass and the result was "leave the European Union" since then the dialogue has been changed to Noel Edmunds "deal or no deal". The rhetoric has been changed by the Coomons refusing to accept the will of he people. We will now be in Europe but have no say or vote on how we are run. You may be happy with that but you need to wake up to the fact that Democracy has been shat all over. Completely and utterly.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 10:30 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Graiser wrote:
My fears on the erosion of democracy in this country are coming to fruition, shouldn’t matter if your a leaver or remainer, democracy going to Hell in a handcart and we should be more worried about that than anything else
Parliament voted to hold a referendum, probably thinking all us peasants would vote to remain, we didn’t and we’ve had a Tory “leader” who voted remain agreeing a fudge deal that effectively ties us to the EU without being part of any rule making, it was fated from the start, the negotiations should have been led by a person who was a staunch leaver but it wasn’t and Great Britain is just Britain, the great politicians of the past would be turniyin they race at the bunch nondescripts of all sides harrumping away

David Davis, a staunch leaver, was Secretary of State for Exiting the EU for over 2 years and achieved nothing other than to completely give in to the EU over scheduling of negotiations.

As I said above,parliament voted in favour of both A50 and the withdrawal bill. I'm confused as to what people have the problem with, other than the lies that were fed coming into harsh contact with reality.

Jesus H Christ Hugh. I think your statement would be a good argument for not letting the public vote at all. Maybe you'd be less confused if you got someone else to explain it to you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 10:38 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I love the way the ERG are the ones painted as bastards and not the house of commons as a whole who are wilfully going against the result of a legally binding referendum. At least I'm not shocked or hurt more like I'm carrying a sad air of vindication that my view of politics in general has been bang on all my life.

Sorry you've lost me, the house of commons voted massively in favour of activating article 50 and massively in favour of the EU wihtdrawal act. Not that the referedum was legally binding either, it was advisory. So I'm not sure what you have a problem with?

You've lost yourself Hugh. The ERG stands for European reform group. Bastards they probably are but they campaigned to have a referendum for years because they knew the public would back them with an out vote which came to pass and the result was "leave the European Union" since then the dialogue has been changed to Noel Edmunds "deal or no deal". The rhetoric has been changed by the Coomons refusing to accept the will of he people. We will now be in Europe but have no say or vote on how we are run. You may be happy with that but you need to wake up to the fact that Democracy has been shat all over. Completely and utterly.

"Bastards" was a name famously given to the cabal of back bench Eurosceptics by John Major who tried to undermine him at every turn. Theresa Mays biggest mistake has been pandering to a similar noisy minority, whom as it has jokingly been said of "will never take yes for answer"

The so called Noel Edmunds "deal or no deal", should never have been an issue because apparently Brussels was going to fall over itself to give us a trade deal, easisest trade deal in history according to Liam Fox.

Last edited by Hugh Watt on Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 10:40 am

Graiser wrote:

He was in charge of negotiations for 2 years. He was the one going to Brussels negotiating.

This was during Mays "Brexit means Brexit" and "bloody difficult woman" days before it became clear we didnt have a leg to stand on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 11:49 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Graiser wrote:

He was in charge of negotiations for 2 years. He was the one going to Brussels negotiating.

This was during Mays "Brexit means Brexit" and "bloody difficult woman" days before it became clear we didnt have a leg to stand on.

I refer my learned gentleman to the leadership context I’m referring too.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 12:28 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

"Bastards" was a name famously given to the cabal of back bench Eurosceptics by John Major who tried to undermine him at every turn. Theresa Mays biggest mistake has been pandering to a similar noisy minority, whom as it has jokingly been said of "will never take yes for answer"

The so called Noel Edmunds "deal or no deal", should never have been an issue because apparently Brussels was going to fall over itself to give us a trade deal, easisest trade deal in history according to Liam Fox.

You're damn right about deal or no deal not being an issue because it was never on the table. As for getting deals from Europe we had the ref because Cameron couldn't. Don't in any way think that any Brexiteers are happy with this fudge they aren't. It should be simple but the "clever people" can't seem to get their heads around it. I envisioned invoking article 50, leaving Europe, yes with no deal I didn't expect one ever, then when we are out we start to negotiate trade deals. Yes it would have hurt for a while but this is going to hurt for a least a decade. In Europe but with no say on how we are governed. Take a bow, all of you that think you've won, take a bow.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 1:24 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Oliver Robbins the Permanent Secretary for the Exiting of the EU, is the UK's Chief Negotiator.....the Brexit Secretary has only been the tea boy....that's why we are on No3 at present.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 2:10 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

You're damn right about deal or no deal not being an issue because it was never on the table. As for getting deals from Europe we had the ref because Cameron couldn't. Don't in any way think that any Brexiteers are happy with this fudge they aren't. It should be simple but the "clever people" can't seem to get their heads around it. I envisioned invoking article 50, leaving Europe, yes with no deal I didn't expect one ever, then when we are out we start to negotiate trade deals. Yes it would have hurt for a while but this is going to hurt for a least a decade. In Europe but with no say on how we are governed. Take a bow, all of you that think you've won, take a bow.

Trade deals take the best part of a decade to organise, well actually JRM said it will take 50 years to feel the benefit by which time virtually everyone who Brexit will be dead. No one has ever tried to negotiate with the rest of the world at once, its a first in international trade.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 3:43 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Trade deals take the best part of a decade to organise, well actually JRM said it will take 50 years to feel the benefit by which time virtually everyone who Brexit will be dead. No one has ever tried to negotiate with the rest of the world at once, its a first in international trade.

So you believe what JRM says now? I think it's another Brexit lie.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Just to rewind to this bit as evidence of more false news or at the very least skewed news. All refererendums in the UK unlike the republic of Ireland are advisory and used to gauge public opinion before legislation is passed. This is what was written on the government leaflet we all recieved before the referendum,

"In accordance with the Act and the public duty of the Electoral Commission, a guide was posted to every household in the UK and Gibraltar in the week beginning of 16 May 2016 by HM Government. The advisory leaflet was titled: "Why the Government believes that voting to remain in the European Union is the best decision for the UK". This leaflet clearly stated: "This is your decision. The government will implement what you decide".[12]"

"We" as in a majority of the British public voted to leave the European Union. The Government should fulfil its promise and remainers should stop bleating about how all of this is somehow illegal, it's not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 4:57 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

So you believe what JRM says now? I think it's another Brexit lie.

I havent got a clue. No country in history has ever been stupid enough to tear up all its existing trade deals in the hope it might negotiate something better, so there's no historical precedent.

The Canada trade deal took 7 years, but so thats just one nation negotiating with one trade bloc, we'll have to replace 36 existing trade deals we have with non EU countries, not to mention the benefits of the single market.

But I'm sure it'll all be worth it once we take back control of whatever it was we didn't have control over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Just to rewind to this bit as evidence of more false news or at the very least skewed news. All refererendums in the UK unlike the republic of Ireland are advisory and used to gauge public opinion before legislation is passed. This is what was written on the government leaflet we all recieved before the referendum,

"In accordance with the Act and the public duty of the Electoral Commission, a guide was posted to every household in the UK and Gibraltar in the week beginning of 16 May 2016 by HM Government. The advisory leaflet was titled: "Why the Government believes that voting to remain in the European Union is the best decision for the UK". This leaflet clearly stated: "This is your decision. The government will implement what you decide".[12]"

"We" as in a majority of the British public voted to leave the European Union. The Government should fulfil its promise and remainers should stop bleating about how all of this is somehow illegal, it's not.

So I'm right then/

(NB Fake news shouldnt be used interchangeably with "things I don't agree with".)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 5:12 pm

zyph wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Parliament voted to hold a referendum, probably thinking all us peasants would vote to remain, we didn’t and we’ve had a Tory “leader” who voted remain agreeing a fudge deal that effectively ties us to the EU without being part of any rule making, it was fated from the start, the negotiations should have been led by a person who was a staunch leaver but it wasn’t and Great Britain is just Britain, the great politicians of the past would be turniyin they race at th
e bunch nondescripts of all sides harrumping away

Oliver Robbins the Permanent Secretary for the Exiting of the EU, is the UK's Chief Negotiator.....the Brexit Secretary has only been the tea boy....that's why we are on No3 at present.

Robbins took over once it became clear that Davis was either incapable of or couldn't be bothered to conduct serious negotiations. At which point No. 10 took over.

This image pretty much sums up David to a tee and why we're in the situation we're in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 5:17 pm

But at present May's version of Brexit....generously allowed by the EU....is not what the British people voted for....leaving, yet still tied and controlled into the EU systems...yet paying £39 billion for the privilege and without a say...only plotting remainers could come up with such a devilish plan and of course also unable to have trade freedom with the WTO....even the European Court of Justice might think that's unfair.

We just haven't got the politicians able to show the bottle required to get a proper deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 5:34 pm

[quote="Hugh Watt"]
zyph wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Parliament voted to hold a referendum, probably thinking all us peasants would vote to remain, we didn’t and we’ve had a Tory “leader” who voted remain agreeing a fudge deal that effectively ties us to the EU without being part of any rule making, it was fated from the start, the negotiations should have been led by a person who was a staunch leaver but it wasn’t and Great Britain is just Britain, the great politicians of the past would be turniyin they race at th
e bunch nondescripts of all sides harrumping away

Robbins took over once it became clear that Davis was either incapable of or couldn't be bothered to conduct serious negotiations. At which point No. 10 took over.

This image pretty much sums up David to a tee and why we're in the situation we're in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[/quote

Thanks Hugh you reinforced the point I was trying to make earlier about Davies.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 5:55 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

So I'm right then/

(NB Fake news shouldnt be used interchangeably with "things I don't agree with".)

No youre only right if you ignore the line which says "this is your decision the government will implement what you decide". We wouldn't even be discussing the validity of the referendum if the answer was remain. You maybe happy to see democracy being dismantled I'm not.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 7:26 am

Clear that Theresa has been sent packing from Brussels with bugger all as everyone expected bar her alone
We simply can't leave with no deal. I voted out but out doesn't include catastrophic economic meltdowns
If people are moaning about not realising what they were letting themselves in for in June 2016 that will be nothing compared to the devastation arriving on 30th March in the event of us crashing out
All economic chatter and bear in mind I work in finance is suggesting we'll go to parity with the Greenback and potentially lower
That will be minor compared to the rest and the MPs know it all too well
Expect a delay to article 50 to allow for a 2nd referendum and this time everyone will be in full possession of ALL the facts before they vote
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 8:03 am

The 2016 Referendum was a simple REMAIN or LEAVE question.

If we ask the electorate a second time (heaven forbid).....and the question is do you want to REMAIN or LEAVE (under the pathetic cock-up of a result that we've negotiated for you), then this Government should be tried for treason and shot at dawn.

True LEAVERS will only be satisfied by a NO DEAL answer under the present offerings, BUT would we trust this shambles of a Government to be able to go forward on WTO terms to secure are future anyway.

The alternative is COMRADE CORBYN taking over the pantomime STREWTH.

That reminds me of the SUN's famous election comment years back.....'will the last person out of the country please turn out the lights'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 8:15 am

I despair of the situation that successive Tory politicians over many years have placed us in, I desperately despair of the potential of a Corbyn led government which would place us deeper into the mire than where we now are.
It would appear that we’ve been royally shafted and the democratic process in the UK is buggered.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 8:21 am

Zyph
Yes the choice was remain or leave. I voted to leave but as with any divorce there is negotiation with both parties coming to a mutual agreement
We are not leaving with a complete no deal. It simply cannot happen because the riots over deprivation subsequently will be a sight worse than people believing they have been deprived of their democratic vote
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 9:02 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Clear that Theresa has been sent packing from Brussels with bugger all as everyone expected bar her alone
We simply can't leave with no deal. I voted out but out doesn't include catastrophic economic meltdowns
If people are moaning about not realising what they were letting themselves in for in June 2016 that will be nothing compared to the devastation arriving on 30th March in the event of us crashing out
All economic chatter and bear in mind I work in finance is suggesting we'll go to parity with the Greenback and potentially lower
That will be minor compared to the rest and the MPs  know it all too well
Expect a delay to article 50 to allow for a 2nd referendum and this time everyone will be in full possession of ALL the facts before they vote

Don't succumb to project hysteria, Harve. We'll be just fine. A couple of years down the road from now, we'll all be wondering what the fuss was all about. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 9:09 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

So I'm right then/

No youre only right if you ignore the line which says "this is your decision the government will implement what you decide". We wouldn't even be discussing the validity of the referendum if the answer was remain. You maybe happy to see democracy being dismantled I'm not.

Except The Government have done that by activating article 50, passing the withdrawal bill and negotiating an agreement that sees us leave the EU. The fact its a shit deal and not as economically ruinous as you want is irelevant to the debate on democracy. A simnple leave or remain question was asked and it was answered, nobody asked anything the terms of departure and future relationship. You won get over it.

In fact you can see from Harves post above, not all leave voters want the same thing. So its a bit rich whining about democracy being dismantled on the one hand whilst demanding your type of brexit on the other.

Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 9:15 am

Mrs May asked for more last night of EU Leaders....and they asked her what the answer she had for the N Ireland backstop problem.....she had no answer...so they've told her basically to sod-off.

All she can do now is get trounced by a Parliament no vote on her 'deal' or do the honourable thing and resign and let one of the other numpties have a go....preferably a LEAVER this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next