Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.

Go down 
+14
Clodagh Rubbish
Greenlander
Freathy
Tgwu
mouldyoldgoat
Greenskin
Les Miserable
Lord Melbury
Czarcasm
PlymptonPilgrim
seadog
Earwegoagain
Hugh Midde
harvetheslayer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 1:24 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
We live 6 months in Spain, October to April, and 6 months in the UK. Now we can't. Why? Because of Brexit. We can stay 90 days, but then have to come back for 90 days. Freedom of movement is severely restricted and going back and forward every 3 months is inconvenient and seriously expensive. We have property there, a bank account, health insurance, but we fall into the 'tourism' trap of the 90 day rule.

Once again I include this paragraph of yours that clearly shows your paramount raison d'etre for remaining in the EU. How you must regret that paragraph as it immediately lays bare your all-consuming reason to remain within a block that is so thoroughly dominated by the Franco/German pact. In future I will have to tread warily less that all-important paragraph that so clearly illustrates your me, me, me attitude ups and disappears.

I make no apology for that, Brexit has affected us and millions of others who spend their winters in the EU. At least it is a valid reason to oppose Brexit, along with a myriad of others, which are adversely affecting people in this country and society in general.

Still, we have taken back control and have blue passports so all is well. Meanwhile we'll sit back and watch with good old British smugness while the mythical EU army invades the Swiss. Can't do anything about Napoleon though, he'll always be French.

My Missus is just back from visiting her Father in France he has got his residency card so can stay as long as he likes. The fact you don't want to do it doesn't mean that you can't.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 5:13 am

Truly astonishing. How is it remotely possible that this colossal twat is leader of a G7 Country
It beggars belief

The mans an utter lunatic. (Watch as per normal as he desperately looks around for his handlers whilst having his arse handed to him)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 8:11 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

Truly astonishing. How is it remotely possible that this colossal twat is leader of a G7 Country
It beggars belief

The mans an utter lunatic. (Watch as per normal as he desperately looks around for his handlers whilst having his arse handed to him)

I also watched Bozo's car crash interview with Andrew Marr, which the useless oaf alluded to in that clip.  The total idiot either could not understand or refused to acknowledge there is a difference between pigs being slaughtered for food in an abattoir or being culled and incinerated by the pig farmers due to there being not enough abattoir workers.

Bozo is not fit for office and should be removed now.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 8:59 am

No Gammon at Christmas?
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 5:08 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Oh look I can post a load of links that support my opinion:

Putt your links 1 to 5 aside for one minute Frank and ask yourself, "does Brussels want the UK back in the fold ?" The answer is obviously a big fat yes because (apart for our money) they're pooing themselves in case dear old Blighty make a roaring success of it. All this you know to be so true which goes a long way to explain why they are going out of their way to be truly difficult when it comes to "TRADE".

You may ask, "has Britain ever experienced similar circumstances where trade or the lack of it become a major concern?" The answer is a yes and the proponent who wished to cut us off from trading with the rest of Europe was Napoleon. The all-conquering Bonoparte pretty well got his way apart from Russia who refused and carried on trading with Britain which is why Napoleon organised La Grande Armee of 650,000 soldats and invaded Russia. Of course L'empereur came unstuck in what de Talleyrand called "the beginning of the end".

Finally, if Macron gets his way with an EU Army it will only be the second as Bonaparte's La Grande Armee was made up of all the conquered nations like Austria, Italy, Holland plus all the Germanic states like Prussia, Bavaria, Westphalia, Saxony etc,etc.

There is also no such thing as an EU army outside the pages of the Express, there has been some notion of strategic autonomy in Europe which makes sense given the lack of interest shown in the region by the USA in the last 10-15 years.

Which is unfortunate as the holy grail was a trade deal with the USA and there is absolutely zero prospect of that until at least the next decade. So I've no idea what you are basing the notion of Brexit being a success on and why the rest of the 27 would want the UK back - They wouldn't certainly not under the terms of membership we previously held. Of course they were sorry to see us leave but nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 5:09 pm

Freathy wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

It beggars belief

I also watched Bozo's car crash interview with Andrew Marr, which the useless oaf alluded to in that clip.  The total idiot either could not understand or refused to acknowledge there is a difference between pigs being slaughtered for food in an abattoir or being culled and incinerated by the pig farmers due to there being not enough abattoir workers.

Bozo is not fit for office and should be removed now.

But then, Ryan Lowe wasn’t/isn’t fit for office, in your considered opinion Freaths.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 6:58 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Oh look I can post a load of links that support my opinion:

Putt your links 1 to 5 aside for one minute Frank and ask yourself, "does Brussels want the UK back in the fold ?" The answer is obviously a big fat yes because (apart for our money) they're pooing themselves in case dear old Blighty make a roaring success of it. All this you know to be so true which goes a long way to explain why they are going out of their way to be truly difficult when it comes to "TRADE".

You may ask, "has Britain ever experienced similar circumstances where trade or the lack of it become a major concern?" The answer is a yes and the proponent who wished to cut us off from trading with the rest of Europe was Napoleon. The all-conquering Bonoparte pretty well got his way apart from Russia who refused and carried on trading with Britain which is why Napoleon organised La Grande Armee of 650,000 soldats and invaded Russia. Of course L'empereur came unstuck in what de Talleyrand called "the beginning of the end".

Finally, if Macron gets his way with an EU Army it will only be the second as Bonaparte's La Grande Armee was made up of all the conquered nations like Austria, Italy, Holland plus all the Germanic states like Prussia, Bavaria, Westphalia, Saxony etc,etc.

Are you saying the Daily Gammon is being economical with the truth?

There is also no such thing as an EU army outside the pages of the Express, there has been some notion of strategic autonomy in Europe which makes sense given the lack of interest shown in the region by the USA in the last 10-15 years.

Which is unfortunate as the holy grail was a trade deal with the USA and there is absolutely zero prospect of that until at least the next decade. So I've no idea what you are basing the notion of Brexit being a success on and why the rest of the 27 would want the UK back - They wouldn't certainly not under the terms of membership we previously held. Of course they were sorry to see us leave but nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 3:21 pm

seadog wrote:
But PP what about Switzerland? When the EU army is marching over the Alps will you be bothered?

My thanks to you and PP for sorting the problems during recent posts. I'm still not quite certain what went wrong as I've never experienced such a thing over the years. My daughter-in-law has tried to suss out the problem so it remains to see if she has come up with the remedy.

In the meantime Switzerland's problems seem to have caused minor merriment among those other than the Swiss themselves. I believe this is the latest I can offer up....

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 8:39 am

Back on the correct thread mind you it could have gone under corruption just as easily

That'll do nicely

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 11:38 am

Expect all the rhetoric to ramp up as big business continues to throw toys and baby pigs around because there is no cheap Labour.
Evolve or die its quite simple.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 1:47 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Expect all the rhetoric to ramp up as big business continues to throw toys and baby pigs around because there is no cheap Labour.

It really does come down to this.

I'm a big fan of the idea that the salary (and, yes, that's add perks and all other things that could be used as a loophole) of the highest paid individual in a company should be no greater than 20 times that of the lowest. I'd like that to include third party contractors and agency workers and I'd be quite happy for the 20x amount to be lowered to 15x or even 10.

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 9:25 am

Greenlander wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

It really does come down to this.

I'm a big fan of the idea that the salary (and, yes, that's add perks and all other things that could be used as a loophole) of the highest paid individual in a company should be no greater than 20 times that of the lowest.

Sounds good in theory Mr. G but in order to attract the best brains worldwide you've got to pay the going rate or they simply go elsewhere which is why Pascal Soriot a French/Australian national just happens to be the CEO of Astrazeneca. Another example readily recognised by Rugby Union buffs is the reduced wage cap within the Premier League that could lead to an exodus of the UK's top players to France's Top14 League.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 11:02 am

The best brains lol, I see our Cult leader has fecked off to the EU for a staycation to enjoy locally produced bacon sandwiches.

If we paid out tory mps more money perhaps we would be in control?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 7:58 am

Whats actually more comical is that Stefanovic just for once is missing the point

Yes Johnsons lying as per his normal MO but the fact that only "127" applied in the first place let alone the real figure of 27 should be setting alarm bells off across the countrty (they are)

Catastrophic Governance led by a feckin buffoon on the piss in Marbella along with marching powder

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 9:05 am

The damp ones favourite "News" source.

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 9:52 am

[quote="PlymptonPilgrim"]
Hugh Midde wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
We live 6 months in Spain, October to April, and 6 months in the UK. Now we can't. Why? Because of Brexit. We can stay 90 days, but then have to come back for 90 days. Freedom of movement is severely restricted and going back and forward every 3 months is inconvenient and seriously expensive. We have property there, a bank account, health insurance, but we fall into the 'tourism' trap of the 90 day rule.

Still, we have taken back control and have blue passports so all is well. Meanwhile we'll sit back and watch with good old British smugness while the mythical EU army invades the Swiss. Can't do anything about Napoleon though, he'll always be Corsican/French.

Blue passports? I can't recall bringing that up ... must be Plympton style humour. As for the EU Army: Check out the paragraph in my first link where it says: "Strategic autonomy" is the quintessence of Macron's vision of Europe - "military", economic and technological independence from a mercurial US.

That entire sentence espouses what I have long said that there will be an EU army that will not only be "under" a Franco/German command structure but the technological independence means that EU nations will be "obliged" to buy tanks, aeroplanes and anything an army marches on from within the EU's borders. I wonder if President Bidet is aware of the massive drop in arms revenue could be equal or greater to what Boeing lost to Airbus.

From little acorns.....

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 10:03 am

My apologies for forgetting to add the first link to my previous post.

and another for good measure....

-for-an-eu-army-re-emerge-after-afghan-pullout
-%E2%80%93-but-many-remain-hard-to-convince

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edited the link)
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 10:55 am

seadog wrote:
The damp ones favourite "News" source.

Dogger, that's certainly bad news - but fancy you relying on the Express after badmouthing everyone else who does. Mind you from the same publication this link gives a more in-depth account that even blames a higher population count which presumably leads to more housing and less land for growing things.....

From the Express again(damn you). This might lighten you mood if it comes to fruition....

-arabia-anne-marie-trevelyan-Liz-truss

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited the link)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 11:41 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
My apologies for forgetting to add the first link to my previous post.

and another for good measure....

I am not an expert on French politics. But from what I understand, Macron is the French President

Why would he have any influence over the unelected bureaucrats of the EU?

Piss taking aside, just because Macron wants something doesn't mean he is going to get it. One person expressing an opinion doesn't make it fact.

your own link wrote:

But beneath all this rhetoric, the question remains whether the Afghanistan debacle will shift the dial enough to take the EU from ideas to implementation.

Stillborn proposals for an EU “rapid response force” stretch back nearly a quarter of a century. Senior European politicians were saying in the late 1990s that the old continent’s failure to prevent years of bloodletting on its doorstep in the Yugoslav Wars (until the US got involved) highlighted the need for an armed EU force.

A joint 1998 statement by France’s then president Jacques Chirac and British prime minister Tony Blair declared that the EU “must have the capacity for autonomous action, backed up by credible military forces”, an assertion that sounds like it could have been made by Emmanuel Macron today.

and again wrote:
The EU agreed in 1999 to develop a contingent of 50,000-60,000 soldiers that could be deployed within 60 days. In 2007, the bloc created a network of two “battlegroups” of 1,500 troops from each country. They have since languished.  

“There wasn’t the political will to use these battlegroups,” said Shashank Joshi, The Economist’s defence editor. “At the same time, those units were lacking in key capabilities.”

Maybe its best to rely on the Americans. They seem like good guys.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 11:50 am

An unelected bureaucrat wrote:

David Frost
@DavidGHFrost
·
Dec 24, 2020
I'm very pleased and proud to have led a great UK team to secure today's excellent deal with the EU.

Both sides worked tirelessly day after day in challenging conditions to get the biggest & broadest trade deal in the world, in record time.

Thank you all who made it happen.

LOL
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 12:27 pm

seadog wrote:

David Frost
@DavidGHFrost
·
Dec 24, 2020
I'm very pleased and proud to have led a great UK team to secure today's excellent deal with the EU.

Both sides worked tirelessly day after day in challenging conditions to get the biggest & broadest trade deal in the world, in record time.

LOL

He must have done a top job, he got a peerage out of it. They're not handed out for nothing you know. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 5:47 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Piss taking aside, just because Macron wants something doesn't mean he is going to get it. One person expressing an opinion doesn't make it fact.

A joint 1998 statement by France’s then president Jacques Chirac and British prime minister Tony Blair declared that the EU “must have the capacity for autonomous action, backed up by credible military forces”, an assertion that sounds like it could have been made by Emmanuel Macron today.
[/quote]

Piss taking aside, you came out with some good comments Frank. However, January 1st 2022 will see France assume the Presidency of the Council of the European Union, and I'm sure Macron will have much to say about the formation of an EU Army when he steps up to the rostrum. The French must be still spitting feathers at the loss of the Australian submarine contract and therefore having something else in the pipeline in order to save face and make money. I have already mentioned the amalgamation of Krauss-Maffei Wegmann and Nexter Systems(French government owned) which gives that manufacturer a head start when the armament contracts are divvied out.

Maffei_Wegmann__KMW__merger_agreement_signed#.YWRkrVXMLIU

As regards aircraft: Airbus has the passenger/cargo business pretty much sewn up while France's Dassault Aviation must be in the box seat for future fighter aircraft.

As for Chirac and Blair: Not only was that nearly a quarter of a century ago, but wasn't Chirac get found guilty of diverting public funds and given a two year suspended prison sentence ? while Blairs property goings-on have been well documented only just recently.  Very Happy Very Happy    

As regards fighter aircraft, I believe Sweden is the only

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited the link)
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 9:39 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
seadog wrote:

David Frost
@DavidGHFrost
·
Dec 24, 2020

LOL

He must have done a top job, he got a peerage out of it. They're not handed out for nothing you know. Rolling Eyes

They've "all" at it one way or another. Didn't another unelected bureaucrat Lord Peter Mandelson (he who had to resign from the cabinet twice for irregularities) get a further cabinet post in Gordy Broon's rotten to the core government after his money-making trip to Brussels? And as for peerages for nothing, wellll, mind how you go....

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 9:53 am

That is hindsight Hugh. Anything in the past, yesterday counts, does not matter.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 2:23 pm

seadog wrote:
That is hindsight Hugh. Anything in the past, yesterday counts, does not matter.

And yet I believe to this day that some ATD members among us both have fallen victim of Broon's pensions raid. The last two line paragraph of my first link explains it lucidly enough while the third paragraph of my second link shows how the Treasury lost the fight to stop this infomation seeing the light of day....

-pensions-raid-WTQAjLW5DSRp9HUxwNZN7K/article.html

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited the link)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.
Page 19 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next