mouldyoldgoat
Dog Bone Malone
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Sunak V Truss - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 6:02 pm

when the world returns to normal on tuesday im sure Truss will be thrown back into the lions den to fix all the faults shes inherited.... meanwhile sir keir will continue to be ineffective.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 6:08 pm

Tis the will of the people.
Back to top Go down
Savageandstrand

Savageandstrand

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 6:43 am

Two weeks in and she’s got this major faux pas with a US President as well as (more Tory) sleaze around her adviser Fullbrook. She’s also made enemies of the civil service, inc sacking Scholar for no reason, and alienated all the Sunak supporters. Not a great start heh Liz?!

On an aside am in Belgium for 5 days and they're all so keen to see the State Funeral today. Amazing
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 7:00 am

"Truss will be thrown back into the lions den to fix all the faults shes inherited"

That's what 13 years in opposition does, thank goodness we have voted in a tory party now.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 8:14 am

It's what you voted for why don't you own it?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 12:02 pm

Individual votes have no significance, only the majority matter, that is how english democracy works.

Poor old Liz, inheriting all this shite.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 2:37 pm

seadog wrote:
Individual votes have no significance, only the majority matter, that is how english democracy works.

Lol, why should I own Brexit then?
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 4:00 pm

US Trade deal off the table now, I'm old enough to remember that was going to be the main achievement of the buccaneering free trade spirit of Great Britain post Brexit.

Instead we've got a load of copy and paste deals from when we were in the EU and the deals with Australia and New Zealand both of which are damaging to GDP.

What a waste of time!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 5:05 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:

Lol, why should I own Brexit then?

Because you are/ were part of the majority.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 11:57 pm

And I, for one, am happy to own Brexit. Yes things are not particularly good with it at the moment but we left eu on the 31st January 2020 a massive 20 months ago! We was in it for 43 years and here is a news flash for all you rose tinted glass wearing remainers it wasn’t perfect by a long chalk.
As an electrician all I saw was the dumbing down of the industry I worked in to suit the french, germans, spanish and all other members of the eu jealous of the Uk because they couldn’t or wouldn’t up theirs to our standards and so put pressure on successive weak willed UK governments to pressure the industry bodies to change.

So the US aren’t in a hurry to do a trade deal oh what a surprise! It’s geriatric joe, a man who can just about put one foot in front of another and a democrat party who thinks the eu is only second to the usa and who’s last democratic president threatened us if we dared to vote to leave.

People on here go on about some Argyle fans wanting instant success and say it is wrong but then complain that such success over Brexit hasn’t happened so it’s a failure. feckin grow up or feck off to the eu.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 8:36 am

HAd we been told it would take a number of years to realise the benefits of leaving the EU it might have been more acceptable instead we weren't. We were treated to such classics such as "£350 million for the NHS" and "easiest trade deal in history" and "we hold all the cards".

All of which begs the question, what exactly has been the point of all this i??

We wenr in because we were regarded as the "sick man of Europe". Our role in the wider world diminishing as the sun set on the Empire. Joining a group of mid sized economys and reducing red tape between those economies seemed like the sensible thing to do.

The worrying thing about the US trade deal is not getting one is actually a relief as we'd signed up to any old shit, like we did with NZ and Australia as presenting it as a win.

Unfortunately now that freedom of movement has ended, along with the ability to live and work in any of the 27 other countries visa free, its become somewhat harder to "feck off to the EU"
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 9:15 am

You could always jump in a dingy and row across.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 11:59 am

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
US Trade deal off the table now, I'm old enough to remember that was going to be the main achievement of the buccaneering free trade spirit of Great Britain post Brexit.

Instead we've got a load of copy and paste deals from when we were in the EU and the deals with Australia and New Zealand both of which are damaging to GDP.

What a waste of time!

No it's not a trade deal with the US being off the table is great news if you ask me. People need to wake up to the fact that we are an Island nation and need to be as self sufficient as possible, thirty years of globalisation politics have bought us to where we are now and it's time for change. The owners of bulk carriers are making a fortune and the public are being mugged off with stale food being produced to really low standards whilst the pollution this trade makes is killing the planet we all live on.
Why do you think the rainforests are being cut down? They are being cut down to produce beef for the EU and their Mercosaur trade deal in part whilst Macron makes glib comments on how to save to world. The beef produced is the same as US beef, fed on maize which strips the gut of cattle which in turn gives them e-coli which then gets killed by anti biotics which then give us immunity to life saving drugs.
Trade deals yay!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 12:03 pm

Biden went up in my estimation when he made a statement saying he was sick to the back teeth of hearing about trickle down economics just before meeting Liz Truss who has just announced her trickle down economics plan for us FFS!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 12:09 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
HAd we been told it would take a number of years to realise the benefits of leaving the EU it might have been more acceptable instead we weren't. We were treated to such classics such as "£350 million for the NHS" and "easiest trade deal in history" and "we hold all the cards".

All of which begs the question, what exactly has been the point of all this i??

We wenr in because we were regarded as the "sick man of Europe". Our role in the wider world diminishing as the sun set on the Empire. Joining a group of mid sized economys and reducing red tape between those economies seemed like the sensible thing to do.

The worrying thing about the US trade deal is not getting one is actually a relief as we'd signed up to any old shit, like we did with NZ and Australia as presenting it as a win.

Unfortunately now that freedom of movement has ended, along with the ability to live and work in any of the 27 other countries visa free, its become somewhat harder to "feck off to the EU"

Lol, we was robbed, no one understood the question ECT, ECT. Whatever happened it's time for stop crying over spilt milk and try and rebuild the country post Covid and during the war in Europe that has really caused all the problems you lot are blaming on Brexit. Brexit has feck all to do with the energy crisis, the cost of living crisis or inflation and I bet you any money that you haven't lost your job because of it.
My father in law was a rabid remainer and despite what you say he is living quite happily in France as we speak, if you want to join him just do it FFS!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 12:37 pm

At least we are now free to fill our rivers and sea with shit, hurrah!

Three cheers for Boris, hip, hip.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 3:21 pm

BoE now saying UK could already be in a recession, as they raise interest rates from 1.75% to 2.25%. Highest in fourteen years.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 3:25 pm

seadog wrote:
At least we are now free to fill our rivers and sea with shit, hurrah!

Three cheers for Boris, hip, hip.

Boris has gone long live Liz. Glad you haven't got a gun no one would be safe, especially not your feet.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 4:56 pm

I realise that tories and brexiteers rewrite history to suit but he is still directly responsible for the sewage going directly into our water courses.

He made it happen.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 7:51 pm

seadog wrote:
I realise that tories and brexiteers rewrite history to suit but he is still directly responsible for the sewage going directly into our water courses.

He made it happen.

Lol. And what's the answer? Boris has gone and we all know the history thanks and what's more I bet I swim, Kayak and surf in all that shite more than you do. I've been a member of SAS since the early days and I've done loads of beach cleans, campaigning and generally bothering my old mate Geoffrey Cox about it, not sure what would help more but I wish you luck with your work.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 8:29 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
BoE now saying UK could already be in a recession, as they raise interest rates from 1.75% to 2.25%. Highest in fourteen years.

thankyou furlough and ukraine
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 8:27 am

And today Truss will make the lives of many rich people much easier. Lets hope that more people continue to harp on about Brexit and Boris to bring some real change.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 11:57 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
And I, for one, am happy to own Brexit. Yes things are not particularly good with it at the moment but we left eu on the 31st January 2020 a massive 20 months ago! We was in it for 43 years and here is a news flash for all you rose tinted glass wearing remainers it wasn’t perfect by a long chalk.
As an electrician all I saw was the dumbing down of the industry I worked in to suit the french, germans, spanish and all other members of the eu jealous of the Uk because they couldn’t or wouldn’t up theirs to our standards and so put pressure on successive weak willed UK governments to pressure the industry bodies to change.

So the US aren’t in a hurry to do a trade deal oh what a surprise! It’s geriatric joe, a man who can just about put one foot in front of another and a democrat party who thinks the eu is only second to the usa and who’s last democratic president threatened us if we dared to vote to leave.

People on here go on about some Argyle fans wanting instant success and say it is wrong but then complain that such success over Brexit hasn’t happened so it’s a failure. feckin grow up or feck off to the eu.

Worth pointing out as well that the US main problem, as co guarantors of the Good Friday Agreement, is us refusing to stick to the Northern Ireland protocol that Boris signed us up to.

Anyone thinking Trump, who is only 3 years younger than Biden and is currently being sued for Fraud by new York was going to offer a peachy trade deal is delujded.

Regardless of who is in charge, failure to plan for regime change like that is yet another in a long growing list of ablect failures of the UK in the last 12 years.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 1:43 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Worth pointing out as well that the US main problem, as co guarantors of the Good Friday Agreement, is us refusing to stick to the Northern Ireland protocol that Boris signed us up to.

Anyone thinking Trump, who is only 3 years younger than Biden and is currently being sued for Fraud by new York was going to offer a peachy trade deal is delujded.

Regardless of who is in charge, failure to plan for regime change like that is yet another in a long growing list of ablect failures of the UK in the last 12 years.

The NI protocol was designed by remainers for remainers because they knew it was unworkable. There is a simple solution to the problem and that is a united Ireland and they can then have a referendum on whether to stay in or leave the EU and I expect that they would vote remain as I would have if I'd lived in Ireland because they get a completely different deal to the one we had although inflation went through the roof when they joined the Euro and has never come down. Ireland has always been more trouble than it's worth to us, I love the Irish people but yet again their leaders are a bunch of murderous bastards that hate peace.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 3:19 pm

Apparently there are more Catholics in NI now than Protestants according to the 2021 census.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunak V Truss   Sunak V Truss - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunak V Truss
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next