Dingle
pepsipete
Mock Cuncher
akagreengull
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:34 pm

Surely it can't be as bad as Sunday....can it?

I'll be anaesthetising myself in the Cherry Tree prior to kick-off. Any other brave and hardy souls going tonight are welcome to join me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:37 pm

Unfortunately Andy work travels mean that I'll be in fair city tomorrow afternoon/evening and not tonight. Make sure you get a couple of chasers in I'll think you'll need it.

It won't be as bad as Sunday because it can't be. Having said that a win for Burton takes them 5th. As Freathy would say....Burton 5th, what a dog shit division this truly is.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:39 pm

Make sure you get to the ground early though, these 8k crowds can take ages to get through the gates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Make sure you get to the ground early though, these 8k crowds can take ages to get through the gates.

If Webby's there with the banners and placards, I won't be going in - never cross a picket line, me.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:41 pm

Only 4pts off the bottom two with Gillingham on saturday, and a rapidly improving Barnet, it is a must win tonight or we could be sitting in the bottom two places come 5pm saturday - just to complete this wonderful week for our football club. cheers
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:47 pm

The "everyone at the club could do with 3pts tonight" statement couldn't be partially aimed at Clueless Carl Fletch the Wretched, could it?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Think they mean 3 pints.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 4:01 pm

Pub sounds a good idea - do we have to ruin the evening by going to the match though?
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 4:11 pm

I've got much more pleasurable things to do this evening such as plucking out my eyeballs with a knitting needle.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:04 pm

I'm not going.

Brent won't be getting another penny from me.

Away games only for me cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:22 pm

Im not sure what i want to happen tonight!! A win for Burton to increase the pressure on Fletcher or a win for Argyle to pro-long his reign for a little bit more?
There seems to be a pattern developing of desolate runs followed by a few decent results followed by desolate runs.
Wake me up when this nightmare is over.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:36 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Im not sure what i want to happen tonight!! A win for Burton to increase the pressure on Fletcher or a win for Argyle to pro-long his reign for a little bit more?
There seems to be a pattern developing of desolate runs followed by a few decent results followed by desolate runs.
Wake me up when this nightmare is over.

I'm the same. On the one hand, Argyle winning is always good. But if another abject performance and defeat gives the opportunity to throw a few expletives in the direction of the dugout and directors box, then in a strange sort of way, that'd be fine too.

If two home tonkings against the mighty Burton and Gillingham guaranteed a p45 for Fletch, I'd take that here and now.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:48 pm

If we're struggling for money, i doubt if we can sack fletch and his team as we won't be able to afford the compensation.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

When you say gates it should read gate seeing as all turn style staff have been laid off.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:56 pm

Its a tricky one, i always want argyle to win but it gives the Banker and his groupies the excuse to keep clueless, suppose were just fvcked really bounce
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Last edited by Czarcasm on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
If we're struggling for money, i doubt if we can sack fletch and his team as we won't be able to afford the compensation.

Depends what sort of smallprint or clauses Brent has put in to his contract. What we've all come to realise is that when it comes to money(and paying it out) Jamesy is a pretty shrewd cookie.

If there was a proper Home Park backlash on the back of 5 defeats in a row, that'd be difficult for him to ignore, and he may have to dig into some of his undoubted contingency cash.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Grumpy wrote:
What a feckin joke Argyle has become, would this be the same staff who went months without pay to keep the club going? yes it feckin would Mr Brent get out of Argyle now!!

I wait for the spin that will be put on this by the chuckle brothers.

I now wish the club had folded rather than this slow painful death

And I hope they lose the next few games if it means Carl em err gets the elbow

I stand by what I said above so a good thumping tonight will be ok by me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:07 pm

I suppose if Burtolona tear us a new one, the speccy supremo might be forced into action, because we will be relegation bound with team clueless blundering on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:21 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
I suppose if Burtolona tear us a new one, the speccy supremo might be forced into action, because we will be relegation bound with team clueless blundering on.

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:28 pm

Fletcher doesn't come across as though he's under any pressure at all, which was backed up by Brent after the debacle of Sunday.

Contrast this with Nigel Adkins at Southampton. A guy who has taken Southampton from the bottom of League 1 to the Premier League in a couple of years. Anyone can see that the club are about to wield the axe because they can't afford to drop out of the Premier League.

They must think that another manager could halt their slide at the moment and keep them up.

Now I do think that managers are not given enough time generally in football, but Fletcher has never gotten us out of the depths of League 2 and unless a miracle happens tonight and Saturday, we are probably going to be a good 8-10 points off the play-off places, and less than half of that away from a relegation spot.

He blew his big chance to have a clear out pre-season, so to me the squad is pretty much the same as last years, in other words shit.

Our top scorer this season has 3 goals, in all compettitions! We have gone 10 league games without keeping a clean sheet! Tonight we are up against Burton who have lost one league game in 11, away to the runaway leaders Gillingham.

After Burton we have the league leaders at home, followed by away trips to the 4th and 5th placed sides.

If we do lose these games, which is a distinct possibilty, surely Fletcher has to go? So far Carl the Clueless seems to have been able to pull a rabbit out of a hat when we've had these bad runs and when it might be construed as must win games. Can he do it again?

No Hourihane tonight, and although he's a knob for getting sent off on Sunday, he has been good this season. That means an almost certain place for Lowry who looks half fit, and Luke Young. I doubt Burton's midfield will be quaking at the thought of that.

I just can't see us scoring more than one goal, and like I said it's 10 games since we kept a clean sheet.

I don't want us to lose, but like others, if it guaranteed the end of Fletcher I would.

There's still enough time for a good manager to make his mark on the team and there's the January transfer window coming up. Keep Fletcher for another 6 games and we may well be in the shit with half the season gone.
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Going tonight, to make sure the other 7999 aren't lonely. If I didnt have a season ticket, wouldn't be going at all recently. Literally making a cup of coffee this morning and went, "Fecking hell, theres a home match tonight." Disillussioned (sic) doesn't come close to my despair this season. Not suckered in by the competitive BS, just naively hopeful of an improvement on the recent years of misery. How wrong could I be.

As pres says, 3 points would make everything better. It will for a couple of minutes, then reality will kick in. Not that I expect 3 points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:04 pm

We're saved, Feeney's starting!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Baby, it's cold outside but I'm strolling to the pub (to save on fuel at home).

I'm not even listening on the radio! That'll teach 'em!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Quote :

Plymouth Argyle FC @Only1Argyle
The #pafc bench v Burton: PCH, R Griff, Joe, Big Reg, Jamie R, Tyler, S Griff.
9 minutes ago

Plymouth Argyle FC @Only1Argyle
The #pafc starters v Burton: Jake; Durrell, Max, Nelse, Baz; Macca, Youngy, Jamie L, Andy G; Feeno, So Madjo.
9 minutes ago

I can't make head nor tail of that lot. I wait for the translation to come in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next