Dougie
Czarcasm
coathypafc
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
GreenSam

Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:26 pm

Thanks YM- in fairness I only wasn't able to send PMs to a certain user. This led me to think that perhaps he had blocked me or put me on his foe list, but I'm guessing from your reply that it was more along the lines of a technical fault. Thanks for looking into it in any case.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:27 pm

How old are you Sam? 18, 19? You're a bright kid. No question.

I just think sometimes you're waaaaaay too serious. Rightly or wrongly that will occasionally make you a little bit of a target on here.

Maybe that's just the way you are, I dunno. Old beyond your years perhaps. I just think you should lighten up a bit. The fact that you're happy to co-habit here as well as Pasoti tends to point to you having a less serious side.

It's no crime for someone of your age to show it once in a while.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:28 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Thanks YM- in fairness I only wasn't able to send PMs to a certain user. This led me to think that perhaps he had blocked me or put me on his foe list, but I'm guessing from your reply that it was more along the lines of a technical fault. Thanks for looking into it in any case.

It could well be that you're on the foe list, the settings on your profile are correct for sending/receiving PM's so if it still doesn't work I guess they aren't your friend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:34 pm

Czar, again that's probably fair. I'd add in my defence that I'm a lot lighter outside of internet forums than I am on them. But that's probably a bit too close to the 'only the internet' line that has gained such notoriety lately Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:41 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
I accept you don't particularly like me and that's fair enough- I was caught in a snappy mood last night and I don't want to get involved in a feud. To say that I'm responsible for us being bottom of the league is in my opinion extremely harsh- but then I would say that. Surely the people more to blame are those who have mismanaged the club so badly rather than those like me who mistakenly beleived they were doing a good job.

And fwiw, whilst I did hold Brent in a much higher regard than I do now, I would never have backed a statue. Have always said that should be reserved for if we ever make the top flight- but the way it's going at the moment I may have to revise that to Championship as the odds of us making the PL in any kind of foreseeable future are about the same as you, punchdrunk and I becoming best friends!

In the name of Aviva pig

Give the guy a break. At least he's on here arguing his corner.
Back to top Go down
Hoof Hearted

Hoof Hearted

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:53 pm

Why would Bates be interested when Harry Potter has the redevelopment value covered ?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:58 pm

Id rather just some yank or Russian mafia oil tycoon come in to be fair. but failing that id have Bates over Brent

Bates will put money into the football team. YES THATS RIGHT BRENT. THIS IS A FOOTBALL CLUB
Back to top Go down
Hoof Hearted

Hoof Hearted

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Dane. wrote:
Id rather just some yank or Russian mafia oil tycoon come in to be fair. but failing that id have Bates over Brent

Bates will put money into the football team. YES THATS RIGHT BRENT. THIS IS A FOOTBALL CLUB

You reckon ?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:12 pm

More chance of him doing so than brent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:19 am

Dane. wrote:

In the form of loans and when he dies, his family/heirs will no doubt want those loans repaid so we'd be back to owing millions again. That's what happened when Matthew Harding died at Chelsea and the main reason Bates sold the club to the Russian billionaire.

In our position, we need to be self sustaining and that means years of being a club that doesn't spend money.

It's not quite as simple as selling up to a new owner - look at Liverpool and Villa and Man Utd - the fans at those clubs are hardly enamoured with their current owners.

Ken Bates, no thanks.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:43 am

hairy j wrote:
Dane. wrote:

In the form of loans and when he dies, his family/heirs will no doubt want those loans repaid so we'd be back to owing millions again. That's what happened when Matthew Harding died at Chelsea and the main reason Bates sold the club to the Russian billionaire.

In our position, we need to be self sustaining and that means years of being a club that doesn't spend money.

It's not quite as simple as selling up to a new owner - look at Liverpool and Villa and Man Utd - the fans at those clubs are hardly enamoured with their current owners.

Ken Bates, no thanks.

Ah yes,self sustaining.How exactly does that fit in with the fact that Argyle lost money last season and are going to lose more this season,apparently covered by Mr Brent's own pocket-has that money been input into the club on a similar basis to that of Bates at Chelsea? That wouldn't seem to be by any means "self sustaining",always struck me as a nonsense concept anyway.By your logic of "not spending money for years",then the costs of sacking Fletcher,employing Sheridan and instigating the influx and outgoings [which would obviously have cost money in terms of contract compensation,unless it's being repaid at 17.5 pa in the interests of consistency] of recent times would not have taken place and Argyle would already have been relegated instead of having half a chance of escaping. Dread to think where these years of not spending money would leave us-the mind boggles,actually.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 9:40 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Greensam, I wouldn't worry too much about what friio says. We all make mistakes and we all have the right to change our minds. You just have to be big enough to admit you made a mistake. You are big enough and have.

Yup! I used to be a big staplewallet fan back in the early noughties. I thought this bloke was the business with Sturrock (albeit appointed by Mad Dan) and the team that Sturrock assembled winning two promotions as Champions. When Sturrock left I was impressed by the way he relatively quickly dealt with Bobby Williamson's failure and made the genious appointment in Tony Pulis which kept us up. I was over the moon with him when he appointed Ian Holloway! But then...........well you know the rest.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 9:44 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
That nice Mr Bates - I won't have a bad word said about that man and his lovely family.

There is no other alternative for our great club.

Very Happy

If Bates is a football man why would be he be interested in this crock of shite, especially if we were non league. the only reason we give any credence to the Bate's story is because of our utter dislike of Brent and his incompetent band of helpers.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 9:44 am

hairy j wrote:
Dane. wrote:

Ken Bates, no thanks.

how many more years though, its been at least forty already, and thats just since ive been sectioned supported argyle
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:27 am

Freathy wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Greensam, I wouldn't worry too much about what friio says. We all make mistakes and we all have the right to change our minds. You just have to be big enough to admit you made a mistake. You are big enough and have.

Yup! I used to be a big staplewallet fan back in the early noughties. I thought this bloke was the business with Sturrock (albeit appointed by Mad Dan) and the team that Sturrock assembled winning two promotions as Champions. When Sturrock left I was impressed by the way he relatively quickly dealt with Bobby Williamson's failure and made the genious appointment in Tony Pulis which kept us up. I was over the moon with him when he appointed Ian Holloway! But then...........well you know the rest.

It might be a PASOTI fact or I heard it somewhere else but am pretty sure pulis was phil gills doing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:06 am

Ken bates would not be my first choice, but i've judged brent on his argyle record so far so its fair to say i'd take anyone over the speccy messiah. so uncle ken come on down! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:14 am

I'm shocked that anybody thinks Bates a) has even heard of Argyle b) even knows where Plymouth is on a map c) would consider buying any club with no land, no assets and huge debts d) would invest in the team in any way whatsoever if he did buy it. This was not ever going to happen, is not happening and will not ever happen because since Brent separated the land from the club there is nothing left for anybody, apart from lunatics and money launderers, to invest in.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:46 am

He's not a fan of cuddly ken by the look of it then! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:52 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:

That's exactly my perception of Ken Bates as well.

Whether that's better than James Brent I don't know as I haven't had the privilege of looking JB in the eye, but I wouldn't like to have my suspicious confirmed all the same.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:59 am

The cynic in me says that Bates' name has been tactically leaked/made up to remind us all how wonderfully lucky we are to have the lip quivering property developer 'in charge' of us.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:16 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
The cynic in me says that Bates' name has been tactically leaked/made up to remind us all how wonderfully lucky we are to have the lip quivering property developer 'in charge' of us.

Yet many would prefer him, what does that tell us about the present junta!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:22 pm

GOB wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Yet many would prefer him, what does that tell us about the present junta!

I'd take him and whoever he brings with him over this current amateur, tinpot excuse for a board we have now.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:51 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

That's exactly my perception of Ken Bates as well.

Whether that's better than James Brent I don't know as I haven't had the privilege of looking JB in the eye, but I wouldn't like to have my suspicious confirmed all the same.

looks like we are well and truly fecked either way does'nt it?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:10 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

Pretty damning comments from Leeds fans there.

But any potential takeover by Ken Bates is reliant on us still being a league club. So we'll now get the president and superfans telling us saint brent the saviour saved the club a second time by getting us ejected from the FL hence preventing a takeover by the great satan Bates. For me the future as a non-league club under brent with very little chance of ever seeing league football again is infinitely worse than being a league club under Bates.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates wants us   Ken Bates wants us - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ken Bates wants us
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next