Charlie Wood
Dougie
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good Grief

Last edited by Dougie on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:44 am

I suppose relegation OUT OF THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE (just in case anybody hadn't noticed), could well be a serious bodyblow to the Herald surviving.

Maybe for both institutions, time is up.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:50 am

Makes one consider what else Plymouth Argyle need. Answer of a post card to

Get A Striker Who Actually Scores Goals
c/o James Brent
Webb Back Passage
Lower Newell
Jones Town
Manchester

Last edited by Dougie on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:51 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
I suppose relegation OUT OF THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE (just in case anybody hadn't noticed), could well be a serious bodyblow to the Herald surviving.

Maybe for both institutions, time is up.

Good point Charlie. Errington must be sweating a bit. Do you think Braintree or Ebsfleet have a dedicated full-time sports reporter?
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:57 am

Trying to drum up the crowd figures ain't going to make much difference because it is the team, not the crowd, that play the football matches. This is just journalistic space-filling in lieu of having anything of note to actually report.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:00 am

Says it all really

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:03 am

Only 5600 there last night which is a good 2500 below what was budgeted for. It was freezing and I can't blame anyone for not wanting to shell out £20 and the rest to watch that.

Saturday won't be loads more I reckon, maybe just over 6000.

The grandstand plans due out then as well which will be extremely interesting. Maybe Webb has done the right thing going to Africa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:26 am

Greenjock wrote:
Only 5600 there last night which is a good 2500 below what was budgeted for. It was freezing and I can't blame anyone for not wanting to shell out £20 and the rest to watch that.

Saturday won't be loads more I reckon, maybe just over 6000.

The grandstand plans due out then as well which will be extremely interesting. Maybe Webb has done the right thing going to Africa.

Im awaiting that with trepidation, stand by for an extension of the bowl, cheap,dull,uninspiring a bit like the team really.... 17,000 all seater the very height of our ambition, Hairy J will be happy because it has an ice rink which of course makes all the difference.
God give me strength
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:24 am

its getting very traditional isnt it? all these Argyle needs you bollox.

How about for a change you start actually listening to fans instead of silencing them and appointing your own fans board you control and take notes of what they are saying...
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:19 pm

We keep doing our bit, as sodding expensive as it is, how about those being paid doing their bit more then 8 times a season?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:51 pm

Even Wotton doesn't looked convinced

ps wonderful typeface and design courtesy of the Herald either that or my wifes reception class
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:16 pm

F*ck me, is that another Jamesy Amateur Design effort?

Laughable.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:58 pm

You might like to follow the fun here. Or maybe not.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:11 pm

This is what is was like in July 1916, Lord Kitchener wanted thousands like PAFC, They all signed up for him were massacred. Don't worry Captain James (Mainwaring) Brent and Corporal (Dont Panic) Webb we will be there at the front. Stupid Boy!!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:17 pm

Southborne wrote:
This is what is was like in July 1916, Lord Kitchener wanted thousands like PAFC, They all signed up for him were massacred. Don't worry Captain James (Mainwaring) Brent and Corporal (Dont Panic) Webb we will be there at the front. Stupid Boy!!!

Don't panic !!!!!!!! Wink

PAFC run by a property developer , using self interested and promoting village idiots as advisors. Look at the result.................as predicted. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Look how far we've come.

Never thought I'd live to see the day we'd get relegated out of the football league.

We're too big a club I used to say. Well done James Brent you feckin hero.

Mural for Brent, the only chairman in argyle history to oversee a relegation out of the football league.

THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE they screamed, feck you Newell, feck you Webb and feck the rest of you wankers who unleashed the dogs on any other potential bidders.

RIP PAFC 1886-2013
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:57 pm

To be honest I'm still not convinced there were any credible alternatives to Brent - certainly not once the full extent of the debts and liabilities racked up by Stapleton's mob then Todd/Gardner were revealed.

Who in their right mind would have taken on £17m of debts and liabilities of a failing, out on a limb, provincial football club with little or no big-time heritage? Even after a CVA the club didn't look particularly appetising as an investment unless it was part of a wider local property game-play a la Brent.

The time to get decent investment in the team was the first season back in the Championship. All the money that came in later from the Japanese was to buy Stapleton & Co's shares not invested in the squad.

Anyway, we are where we are and it aint pretty.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:05 pm

The £17 million was used to scare others off. Brent has certainly not picked up a tab for anything approaching that amount.

ps Guess who banned warning voices from Pasoti and decided that the Pasoti line was, 'Trust in Stapes. I'll never hear a bad word said about that man and his lovely family'. The personal ambition was obvious to some of us then.
Let's blame Holloway........... to$$ers !
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:11 pm

Mike Searle wrote:
To be honest I'm still not convinced there were any credible alternatives to Brent - certainly not once the full extent of the debts and liabilities racked up by Stapleton's mob then Todd/Gardner were revealed.

Who in their right mind would have taken on £17m of debts and liabilities of a failing, out on a limb, provincial football club with little or no big-time heritage? Even after a CVA the club didn't look particularly appetising as an investment unless it was part of a wider local property game-play a la Brent.

Anyway, we are where we are and it aint pretty.

Sage words Mike.

Are the Should have, would have, could have boys ever gonna grab the third rail of reality and admit for all thier continual bluster Trwna applied here as you really were far too fubar and tinpot for anyone with a few quid to be interested in as a football club. You got what there was, a manipulative money grubbing anchor and he is happy to see the good ship PAFC sink (cue Sturtz).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Tringreen wrote:
The £17 million was used to scare others off. Brent has certainly not picked up a tab for anything approaching that amount.

ps Guess who banned warning voices from Pasoti and decided that the Pasoti line was, 'Trust in Stapes. I'll never hear a bad word said about that man and his lovely family'. The personal ambition was obvious to some of us then.

I think any alternative buyer would have understood that a CVA would have reduced the £17m massively - but even so the football debt alone, although re-scheduled over 5 years, was effectively 'dead money'.

One of the many mistakes made by Guilfoyle was trusting Heaney and who ever he was fronting for, for too long - but then that meant more bloated admin fees I guess.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Mike Searle wrote:
One of the many mistakes made by Guilfoyle was trusting Heaney and who ever he was fronting for, for too long - but then that meant more bloated admin fees I guess.

Heggsackly, Brenda's partners in crime would not have seen that as a mistake.

The biggest mistake in my very humble opinion was first putting a bunch of sharks in charge of the process and then allowing them to blow what little cash flow was available on paying HMRC, a smart cookie with the best interests of the club in mind could have done a far better job, no Brenda, no Ridsdale, no Reid and no paying HMRC could have left you in a far better place than you finished up, unfortunately smart cookies seem to be an endangered species down your way.

I fire fought a couple of admins during my early years and found people are only too willing to work with you once you have their balls in a vice, nobody concerned with your demise did anything to make the situation better for the club when it would have been easy enough to do so, by the time Harry P got in the game for real, assuming he wasn't always an Oz like figure behind the curtain, it was already far too late, feck'ards like Porky and Webb had already fooked you over for their 15 minutes in the spotlight.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Mike Searle wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I think any alternative buyer would have understood that a CVA would have reduced the £17m massively - but even so the football debt alone, although re-scheduled over 5 years, was effectively 'dead money'.

We couldn't even do Administration properly. With Guilfoyle's mate Ridsdale involved, lord knows who was involved in the Heaney bid that was given so much time to complete. At one stage, Ridsdale was to get the club himself for a quid. In the background all the time, is the reluctant property developer and as soon as had looked the Windsor Boys in the eye and told them they would receive position if he was successful[ the keys to the sweet shop in their eyes], the full backing of the janners was secured.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 6:35 pm

#argyleneedsyou

(any twitterers feel free to use and use appropriate hashtag)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 6:37 pm

Dougie wrote:

#argyleneedsyou

(any twitterers feel free to use and use appropriate hashtag)

lol! lol! lol!

Legendary!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 7:11 pm

The club is now so cringeworthy, crazy to think any of this is down to the poor souls that have been willing to turn up in their thousands, more than they deserve. I now despise the club I loved for decades, stick it where the sun don't shine Brent, board and especially those knob hangers on! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next