Charlie Wood
Dougie
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:25 pm

How refreshing to feel wanted [not].

The last time the club sought a big crowd [hoping for 10,000] they only attracted just over 8,000.

It will Probably be the same again for the visit of Fleetwood Town = 7,500-8,500. I will go to the game,as not been to a match since the Oxford United defeat.

You can see why so many do not bother going anymore,the last few years have seen to that.

A big crowd will no doubt be there for the Devon derby Vs Exeter City on the 30th March [12,000 plus i'd hope].

As for the two other home matches in April,the size of the crowd will depend on where Argyle are in the bottom 7. If by some miracle Argyle look safe,then you could see the usual home crowd of 6,000 plus. If on the other hand Argyle are still in the mix,perhaps the crowds may be bigger. Especially for the visit of Rotherham United on the 20th of April,if only a point or 3 are needed to secure safety.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:42 pm

i'm happy he hasnt been doing commentary lately drew savage (if thats his name) is far better.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Sparks isn't the worst in the world. I prefer our lot - Richard Green & Jimmy Giles were a class double act a few years ago - but then I would say that, wouldn't I?

What intrigues me on the rare occassions I hear a Green commentary, is the sound of the dulcet tones of your Dear Leader, Mr. " I Don't Do Elections", Kim-El-Presidente, wafting through the airwaves.

Now I listen to a lot of radio of all formats on the internet (radio is an interest of mine) yet I can't think of another example of a fan/club official being give such a prominent and fun gig on a consistent basis. Regular pundits tend to be players/ex-players, managers/ex-managers and sports journalists etc. Although he might not be a journalist by trade, at least Graham Kirk produces an ECFC-related programme on Radio Exe and so has a logical reason for sitting in the pundit's chair. I believe he's also played at a reasonable amateur level too. Has Kim-El-Presidente ever done the same?

Never mind; I'm probably just being churlish. After all, the Third Greatest Janner Ever deserves a reward; he saved your football club. Of course, the fact that it's all grist to the mill of the Webb/Brent personality cult is an added bonus. You may wish to consider the way in which personality cults are one of the salient features of tinpot dictatorships like North Korea.

Support the Trust, start playing the PAFC politicians at their own game and learn from the masterful way in which Brent operates. Howling at the moon by hurling intemperate abuse at the likes of Webb at every opportunity, might give you temporary relief, but is only playing into their hands - as is running down the blind alley of searching for yet another rich strongman to replace the rich strongman you have such a problem with. Rich men tend to be ruthless, autocratic and to only tolerate the hoi polloi for as long as they're useful - that's often how they became rich in the first place.

The most depressing thing I've seen on this site, is the glee at the prospect of Ken Bates taking over at Home Park, simply because he might be bad for your enemies. WTF???

When we played our first game back in the third tier and fetched up at Elland Road with 2'000-odd away fans, the Leeds supporters in the adjacent stand stood up and applauded when we sang, "we own our football club". That should tell you all you need to know about what Ken Bates would mean for the poor bloody infantry at PAFC.

And for those who yearn for the blood money a human-rights abusing Oil-Sheik, or a Russian gangster robber-baron, so they can boast how big their d*ck is, like some repulsive middle-aged lard-arse flaunting his teenage mail-order bride in a Soho night club, then think on this...

Three of the clubs who played in the Champion's League this week are owned by their Supporters - Galatasaray, Bayern and Schalke 04. Bayern, one of the favourites and a club more valuable than Manchester City according to Forbes, are over 80% supporter-owned. We are somewhere around 54% supporter-owned. In fact supporters of those clubs probably have more direct influence on policy than supporters of Trust-owned clubs.

You lot seem to be fond of comparing yourselves to Swansea. Well they are another example of a fan-owned club. People often get hung up on the 21-odd percent holding the Swans Trust possesses, concluding that they must be a minor player. In fact the takeover of Swansea City was actually conducted by a consortium of rich (genuine) fans and the Trust. The Trust are the third-largest shareholder, with the largest shareholder having 25% - the Swans Trust has more shares than the Chairman. I've raed that their Trust are fully involved in day-to-day decisions, which suggests they have more hands-on power than we do.

It seems to me that they could teach you lot a thing or two about fan unity and determination and the importance of doing things the right way, instead of wasting their time dreaming of quick fixes and magic bullets.

In any case, rising serenely through the leagues while laughing at your rivals is not even the issue for me. Some rival fans always seem surprised when I tell them that the situation at Chelsea and Manchester City is my own personal definition of football hell and that I'd rather be in the Blue Square South under fan-ownership than sell the soul of ECFC to the likes of Arrobervitch and the Abu Dhabi human-rights abusing dictators. As I keep saying, there's more to a football club than league position.

Last edited by jabba the gut ecfc on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 5:12 pm

When Chris Webb did his first couple or so co-commentaries there was (reluctant) praise on here from a number of people. He's not the best commentator I've ever heard but he's OK.

As for this bit
"Support the Trust, start playing the PAFC politicians at their own game and learn from the masterful way in which Brent operates. Howling at the moon by hurling intemperate abuse at the likes of Webb at every opportunity, might give you temporary relief, but is only playing into their hands - as is running down the blind alley of searching for yet another rich strongman to replace the rich strongman you have such a problem with. Rich men tend to be ruthless, autocratic and to only tolerate the hoi polloi for as long as they're useful - that's often how they became rich in the first place."
of your post, whilst sounding attractive, (and I'm with you completely about the futility of howling abuse at bit players), I'm not sure what that would look like in the real world? What you say about 'rich strong men' is undoubtedly true. I can see possibilities in the longer run but in the short run when we are looking at the abyss I think we simply have to enjoy the ride & gather forces for the phase that will start at the end of this season.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 5:18 pm

Why isn't the 'Erald asking JB why the fu-ck he doesn't do something about the shite state HIS football club is in?

In all the time since the Daniels era, i can't remember the club being in such a state without the local media kicking off about it.

I'm not suggesting they're afraid of JB or that he's got them "in his pocket" but..............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 5:32 pm

.... you might be right.

Or it may be that the 'Erald is so run down nowadays that they don't have the staff. Same goes for the local tv.

Whatever the reason, there is no investigative work going on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 6:04 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Why isn't the 'Erald asking JB why the fu-ck he doesn't do something about the shite state HIS football club is in?

Because the wanna be director superfan poodles have assured Mr.Brent that everything is alright.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 7:52 pm

Ill go to this one....working in Kent again next week, if we can beat Fleetwood then ill probably go to Southend on Tuesday night,if its anything other then 3 points on Saturday the club can kiss my arse....were finished.
Why i still bother ill never know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 8:04 pm

Tringreen wrote:
He's another of the nodding establishment figures.

Really annoys me the way he doesn't sound the 'l' in 'goal', probably like a lot of you feckers .

We feckers haven't had to say goal much lately Tring clown
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:45 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

A big crowd will no doubt be there for the Devon derby Vs Exeter City on the 30th March [12,000 plus i'd hope]

I should imagine there will be a few there for what is being widely referred to as 'the first nail in the coffin game'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:51 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

A big crowd will no doubt be there for the Devon derby Vs Exeter City on the 30th March [12,000 plus i'd hope]

I should imagine there will be a few there for what is being widely referred to as 'the first nail in the coffin game'.

Well be 6 foot under by then
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:00 pm

Dougie wrote:
Media Icon Sparksy's turn today with his apocalyptic vision of a deserted Plymouth if Argyle slip into the Conference. Which of course will be the fans fault.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Think I'll send in a picture, of me; with my middle digit, well & truly raised lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:02 pm

The Herald campaign is really taking off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:14 pm

Sparks is a Muppet, for years he has had his hands in a few pies,which is why such a crap radio presenter and commentator gets so much local media coverage.
He is one of the darlings that is held dear in the eyes of the pyramid suite dwellers, but for the rest of us mere mortals he is yet another hanger on and wart on the face of PAFC.
The Evening Herald gets worse and worse with every passing day, from its daily non story headlines equivocal to Cats getting stuck in trees to its obsessive and ludicrous obsession with Tom Daley.
Is there an alternative to the Herald? whats the western morning news like?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:31 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Sparks is a Muppet, for years he has had his hands in a few pies,which is why such a crap radio presenter and commentator gets so much local media coverage.
He is one of the darlings that is held dear in the eyes of the pyramid suite dwellers, but for the rest of us mere mortals he is yet another hanger on and wart on the face of PAFC.
The Evening Herald gets worse and worse with every passing day, from its daily non story headlines equivocal to Cats getting stuck in trees to its obsessive and ludicrous obsession with Tom Daley.

Just like the Herald really, but with occasional pictures of big shiny tractors.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:37 pm

WMN and Herald are owned by the same company. They were independent of each other a few years ago, but now share journalists and stories (the argyle stories tend to be the same in both) due to cut backs.

As czarcky says the wmn shows a few more tractors and sheep's arseholes on page 3.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 4:55 am

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Strange they haven't called on the 'Ambassadors' to help out with this "need you" campaign?...

I was going to ask you about this role why didnt they send you this surely thats why you have the title of fan ambassador!

Hold on... Let me find a telephone box.
Back to top Go down
Ambassador ATD

Ambassador ATD

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:01 am

Rickler wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Strange they haven't called on the 'Ambassadors' to help out with this "need you" campaign?...

I was going to ask you about this role why didnt they send you this surely thats why you have the title of fan ambassador!

Hold on... Let me find a telephone box.

Phew... Not so many around these days... Anyway --

Well the Argyle tradition so far has been to tell us Ambassadors a day after the first event on the calander - such as upcoming fixtures etc..

Obviously they are extending this new marketing tactic into other areas.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:08 am

I've gone native and joined the campaign

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:23 am

wot the fook is that meant ter be Dougs?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:24 am

punchdrunk wrote:

Punchie, we all have twats like Sparks. City have Mark Tyler. A real tw@t, knows nothing about football, typical small time media type dreaming of the day Sky will come calling and now left to open the odd kids bring and buy sale at end of term in a run down primary school
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:27 am

Jabba wrote:

Support the Trust, start playing the PAFC politicians at their own game and learn from the masterful way in which Brent operates. Howling at the moon by hurling intemperate abuse at the likes of Webb at every opportunity, might give you temporary relief, but is only playing into their hands - as is running down the blind alley of searching for yet another rich strongman to replace the rich strongman you have such a problem with. Rich men tend to be ruthless, autocratic and to only tolerate the hoi polloi for as long as they're useful - that's often how they became rich in the first place.

The Trust, with decent, brave and visionary people leading it, is my choice of future too, with wealthy Argyle supporting investors buying in, as at Swansea.

My guess is that Brent will get rid of the football club as soon as he can but my fear is that it will be to his jamboys and their mates.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:28 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:

I've join Twitter to take part in the the superb Herald #argyleneedsyou campaign

I don't know how or why it came up like it did in my post

Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:52 am

Dougie wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

I've join Twitter to take part in the the superb Herald #argyleneedsyou campaign

I don't know how or why it came up like it did in my post

retwatted that Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 1:48 pm

The "associate" director speaks but doesn't point

Quote :
Ian Newell‏@IJN3
Let's hope ALL PAFC fans get behind the club in readiness for the big game tomorrow. No more 'statements' from either the club or the AFT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next