Charlie Wood
Dougie
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Mike Searle wrote:

One of the many mistakes made by Guilfoyle was trusting Heaney and who ever he was fronting for, for too long - but then that meant more bloated admin fees I guess.

No Heaney would have meant no club!

Brent wasn't going to pay the admin fees needed to rescue the club.

As nobody else at that time (apparantly) stepped forward, Guilfoyle was left with no other choice than to go with Heaney.

Ironic really, that the devil in disguise helped save the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 7:38 pm

Dougie wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

#argyleneedsyou

(any twitterers feel free to use and use appropriate hashtag)

Brilliant Razz
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 7:43 pm

that is very good, genius maybe
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:35 pm

The grim reality of our situation is finally beginning to dawn of a few people. Next month Argyle will be expelled from the FL - relegated is not the correct term as we have to apply to and be accepted by the Football Conference. I doubt we will ever be a league club again.

The 'club that wouldn't die' killed by the cretins who 'saved' it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:47 pm

Freathy wrote:
The grim reality of our situation is finally beginning to dawn of a few people. Next month Argyle will be expelled from the FL - relegated is not the correct term as we have to apply to and be accepted by the Football Conference. I doubt we will ever be a league club again.

Yer getted a bit carried away there now Freatho.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:56 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Yer getted a bit carried away there now Freatho.... Very Happy

I think we'll be relegated out of the BSP. Administration and liquidation will soon follow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:58 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Dougie wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

#argyleneedsyou

(any twitterers feel free to use and use appropriate hashtag)

Brilliant Razz

Fantastic. I'm stealing it.

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:13 pm

LOL me too
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:35 pm

Accrington who are level on points with us, had less than 1400 at their game against Lancashire rivals (?) fleetwood last night. We had 4200 more. We SHOULD be doing better. The administration cannot be blamed still? Brent and the numpties running the club have put us in this position with their pig-headedness and cheap nature- fletcher should have gone earlier, but even he said the budget wasn't good enough.

They were more than happy to lord their perceived great decision to keep Fletch on, those pricks should be putting (and not loaning) their own money into the club to make up for their disastrous decision making this season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:42 pm

Freathy wrote:

So close to the thruth, the worst thing is I don't care anymore! As you say though, some cretins have not helped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:01 pm

Jaytex2012 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

So close to the thruth, the worst thing is I don't care anymore! As you say though, some cretins have not helped.

Short and to the point spot on.

The club that wouldn't die is now mortally wounded and I doubt it will recover thanks to Brent the banker
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:23 pm

Strange they haven't called on the 'Ambassadors' to help out with this "need you" campaign?...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:27 pm

Rickler wrote:
Strange they haven't called on the 'Ambassadors' to help out with this "need you" campaign?...

I was going to ask you about this role why didnt they send you this surely thats why you have the title of fan ambassador!
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 5:22 am

From the BBC Sport website on 11 March 2011 (one week after PAFC went into administration).

...The (spokesman from Affinity (Sports Finance) (Todd & Garner's company wishing to bid at the outset) told BBC Sport they thought Guilfoyle had already made his "preferred bidder" choice.

..."It looks like a done deal, to be honest. We're struggling to get a look-in and it's incredibly frustrating," the source said.

That deal is widely believed to involve James Brent...and Peter Ridsdale, the controversial former Leeds United, Barnsley and Cardiff City chairman...

Brent has close ties with Plymouth City Council following his stint as chairman of the city's development company...

Ridsdale...has a good relationship with Brent's former employers Citibank and would provide the football knowledge Brent lacks.

Guilfoyle is understood to favour this option as the council seems willing to wave through Brent's plans for the development of the Home Park site as part of its strategy to revitalise the Central Park area in which Home Park sits.

From Ian De Lar's Vital Football Argyle Website/Forum. (This article also appears to have been written at an early stage in the admin process).

"Who will be the new owner of Plymouth Argyle?

Could it be James Brent? Is he the investor reportedly introduced by Plymouth Council to the administrator Brendan Guilfoyle?

...Brent... worked as Chairman on the Plymouth City Development Company. He has also been the Head of Real Estate at Citibank, a group closely linked with new acting Argyle Chairman Peter Ridsdale. Citibank, in partnership with Ridsdale, have been linked with take over bids at Hull City, Cardiff City and Charlton ...

...Brent doesn't appear to be an Argyle fan but could be interested in buying the club if a property development scheme is permitted by the Plymouth Council with the Restrictive Convenant already allowing a hotel to be built within the Home Park footprint.

A partnership of Brent and Ridsdale might appeal to Guilfoyle who has the task of selecting the best buyer for the club; Brent would concentrate on developing Home Park while Ridsdale would run the football club."
. (I seem to have come across this sort of arrangement before. Something about "Contacts" Riddler, a smarmy Irishman and a mysterious Gibraltar-based consortium perhaps?)

Of course this could all either be nothing and old news to you lot. However we should perhaps bear in mind that Citibank wrote the book on byzantine intrigue - they've been implicated in their version of power politics and the like going back over a hundred years and involving such things as interfering in civil wars. Just take a look at the number of financiers with Citigroup/Citibank in their CV on the official list of the Bilderberg Conference every year.

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy nut, I wouldn't put anything past Brent - especially when the administration was so fishy.

An Irish Stalking Horse, anyone?

BTW, are you lot banned tfrom Ian De Lar's site too? I noticed that PL2 3DQ has been sticking the propaganda boot into the Trust there, while praising Sweet Saint James and getting a certain amount of approving replies from members of the Three Wise Monkeys tendency as a result. Might be an opportunity for you to start making the case to others, instead of simply preaching to the converted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 6:13 am

I wouldn't give Postey's site any more column inches tbh. Any criticism would be removed instantly, he's as far up Brents ass as Webb, Newell and Tony Hooper.

They're all really big PASB supporters now and the trust are scum.

The one thing I'll enjoy if Argyle do get relegated is viewing greens on screen to see those weasels crying on each other's shoulders. Even my lip might start quivering at that sight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 7:15 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Accrington who are level on points with us, had less than 1400 at their game against Lancashire rivals (?) fleetwood last night. We had 4200 more. We SHOULD be doing better. The administration cannot be blamed still? Brent and the numpties running the club have put us in this position with their pig-headedness and cheap nature- fletcher should have gone earlier, but even he said the budget wasn't good enough.

They were more than happy to lord their perceived great decision to keep Fletch on, those pricks should be putting (and not loaning) their own money into the club to make up for their disastrous decision making this season.

They weren't scanning season tickets so that 5600 attendance wasn't real. It looked empty. Every part of the ground had huge gaps in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 7:31 am

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
From the BBC Sport website on 11 March 2011 (one week after PAFC went into administration).

...The (spokesman from Affinity (Sports Finance) (Todd & Garner's company wishing to bid at the outset) told BBC Sport they thought Guilfoyle had already made his "preferred bidder" choice.

..."It looks like a done deal, to be honest. We're struggling to get a look-in and it's incredibly frustrating," the source said.

That deal is widely believed to involve James Brent...and Peter Ridsdale, the controversial former Leeds United, Barnsley and Cardiff City chairman...

Brent has close ties with Plymouth City Council following his stint as chairman of the city's development company...

Ridsdale...has a good relationship with Brent's former employers Citibank and would provide the football knowledge Brent lacks.

Guilfoyle is understood to favour this option as the council seems willing to wave through Brent's plans for the development of the Home Park site as part of its strategy to revitalise the Central Park area in which Home Park sits.

From Ian De Lar's Vital Football Argyle Website/Forum. (This article also appears to have been written at an early stage in the admin process).

"Who will be the new owner of Plymouth Argyle?

Could it be James Brent? Is he the investor reportedly introduced by Plymouth Council to the administrator Brendan Guilfoyle?

...Brent... worked as Chairman on the Plymouth City Development Company. He has also been the Head of Real Estate at Citibank, a group closely linked with new acting Argyle Chairman Peter Ridsdale. Citibank, in partnership with Ridsdale, have been linked with take over bids at Hull City, Cardiff City and Charlton ...

...Brent doesn't appear to be an Argyle fan but could be interested in buying the club if a property development scheme is permitted by the Plymouth Council with the Restrictive Convenant already allowing a hotel to be built within the Home Park footprint.

A partnership of Brent and Ridsdale might appeal to Guilfoyle who has the task of selecting the best buyer for the club; Brent would concentrate on developing Home Park while Ridsdale would run the football club."
. (I seem to have come across this sort of arrangement before. Something about "Contacts" Riddler, a smarmy Irishman and a mysterious Gibraltar-based consortium perhaps?)

Of course this could all either be nothing and old news to you lot. However we should perhaps bear in mind that Citibank wrote the book on byzantine intrigue - they've been implicated in their version of power politics and the like going back over a hundred years and involving such things as interfering in civil wars. Just take a look at the number of financiers with Citigroup/Citibank in their CV on the official list of the Bilderberg Conference every year.

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy nut, I wouldn't put anything past Brent - especially when the administration was so fishy.

An Irish Stalking Horse, anyone?

BTW, are you lot banned tfrom Ian De Lar's site too? I noticed that PL2 3DQ has been sticking the propaganda boot into the Trust there, while praising Sweet Saint James and getting a certain amount of approving replies from members of the Three Wise Monkeys tendency as a result. Might be an opportunity for you to start making the case to others, instead of simply preaching to the converted.

Like your style Jabba, as you say Citi Group in general have been a toxic mix of the worst type of bankers, bar that cnut Dimon & his mob! Nothing would surprise me with Brent.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 8:50 am

Media Icon Sparksy's turn today with his apocalyptic vision of a deserted Plymouth if Argyle slip into the Conference. Which of course will be the fans fault.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:13 am

That's not sparksy, it's TCM surely?
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:38 am

sparksy say local hotels will suffer coz loads of away fans currently stay over. Wake up sparksy there has been Bugger all fans in the away end recently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:42 am

Dougie wrote:
Media Icon Sparksy's turn today with his apocalyptic vision of a deserted Plymouth if Argyle slip into the Conference. Which of course will be the fans fault.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry but he's another 'knows where his bread is buttered' f*cker!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:49 am

He's another of the nodding establishment figures.

Really annoys me the way he doesn't sound the 'l' in 'goal', probably like a lot of you feckers .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:52 am

He's worried about having to find something else to do on Saturday too of course. We could play out home games in La fecking Bombonera for all the difference it would make. We are shit, going wooah-lalalala and we're Plymouth argyle were trying our best wont change that.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:40 am

Obviously the journalist of that article has never looked up the definition of Icon.
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 2:09 pm

I reckon we should back date all the home games Sparks has attended whilst 'commentating' then send him an invoice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU   Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle Needs YOU
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next