Czarcasm
Tgwu
Rickler
Dane
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Stadium Plans released - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:09 am

punchdrunk wrote:
The single tiered stand looks shit and is dwarfed by the Cinema and Icerink (bet Hairy will be happy), proves all along that PAFC is just a sideshow to Brents empire building.
So there it is folks the ATD dissidents have been proved right.........yet again, 15-16k stadium, the height of Argyles ambition.

IMAX is a welcome addition in my opinion. The nearest one to Cornwall/Devon is in Southampton.

An ice-rink that's the proper shape and size for competitive sport is welcome. I won't ever ice-skate but many will. The nearest proper ice-rink to Plymouth is Bristol and Swindon.

The grandstand though is different to the architect drawings I saw over six months ago. The original was bigger, the roof was higher than the horseshoe, it was two tier with a row of boxes between the lower/upper tier. The plans are available at the Theatre Royal soon.

I was hoping for something like this
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:14 am

And also if those drawings are anything to go by. The new grandstand looks like a pile of shit,

If we are looking at money making, where are all the hospitality boxes ?

Last edited by Dane. on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:15 am

Dane. wrote:
I don't think the size I'd the capacity matters at the moment. Questions need to be asked like why Brent is happy to see the team wallow at the foot of the football league. Yet can raise 50 million to put into this project. The team needs a cash injection and some kind of initial outlay before they are self sustaining

Of course it doesn't matter at the moment.
Think of the bigger picture and all that, its was obvious to me and many others on here where Brents priorities are, weve been saying it since he came to the club.
Voices crying in the wind.
To put it into context if the crowds do return how many tickets will be available to Argyle fans for the big games? take away 2500 away tickets, that stupid feckin kindergarten, the acres of segregation that surround it, away segregation, with a 16k stadium your looking at 10-12k tickets tops!!!!
Absolute nonsense!!
I see in the on the official website they buttered it up as having more seats then the Mayflower!!! lol! wouldn't be hard when half the feckin thing is shut!! Do they really think we are thick?
"More seats can be added if needed", that has to be one of the biggest modern day football stadium "cliches" ...we all know it will never happen.

Last edited by punchdrunk on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:16 am

Dan McCauley would be proud. It's Son of Tradium.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:27 am

what a cheap, nasty looking pile of shite that is.

I forgot. This is PAFC. why would I expect anything more than a half-arsed, harry tate mechano set grandstand probably bought from Lidl's.

Un f8cking believable. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:28 am

Only a serious lack of ambition would result in a capacity possibly being less than our average , (YES AVERAGE!!) of what we got in the CCC a few years ago.

The Village mentality rules!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:41 am

I really hope the drawing isn't the real plan as it is different in style from the rest of the images and it certainly isn't what I have seen. The plans I saw were excellent, the 'drawing' doesn't look as though it fits with the rest. Hopefully it's the Herald publishing the wrong image... or perhaps it's changed. Worrying.
Back to top Go down
Chancellor

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:52 am

hairy j wrote:
I really hope the drawing isn't the real plan as it is different in style from the rest of the images and it certainly isn't what I have seen. The plans I saw were excellent, the 'drawing' doesn't look as though it fits with the rest. Hopefully it's the Herald publishing the wrong image... or perhaps it's changed. Worrying.

Not sure if its relevant but the "drawing" of the new stand is dated 13/03/13, something that has been hurriedly put together. Which kind of indicates the nice shiny 2 tier stand has been considerably downsized from where it was. I cant see any other reason for not releasing proper computer generated architects images.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:52 am

hairy j wrote:

Isn't that the same pic that's on the official site? I doubt even Argyle could have cocked up that badly by puting the wrong design on their own site.

The omission of a stated capacity is a blooper. The fact they don't want to say and try and skirt round the issue, is just another own goal. All is does is create a talking point that is hugely negative, though justifiably negative!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:55 am

Oh dear, looks a rather half-arsed effort to me.

Single tier, nothing at the back of the stand with exec boxes in the corner WTF.

Looks like a cheapo lego-set built to a cost.

Sadly without any Trust engagement there will be no independent scrutiny I shouldn't think, but perhaps some JB groupees drunk on the free digestives and sausage rolls from the buffet.

Great, a main stand truly fit for the Conference and League 2.

Could I make my points more constructive? Possibly, but it's not easy when heading straight to the BSQ and the New Stand we've all been waiting for appears completely inadequate.

Darlington got the Reynolds Arena and we get a feckin cheapo lego-set, nice one JB, sucked in for a while, but Capitalism rules, especially when you get a team of lefties on your side.

AND BREATH
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:58 am

The new stand looks like an even cheaper version of Lyndhurst opposite - single tier, about the same size but without the corners. Extreme lack of ambition being demonstrated here. Clearly the long term aim is to remain non-league. But what else dd we expect?

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:06 am

Chancellor wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Not sure if its relevant but the "drawing" of the new stand is dated 13/03/13, something that has been hurriedly put together. Which kind of indicates the nice shiny 2 tier stand has been considerably downsized from where it was. I cant see any other reason for not releasing proper computer generated architects images.

That's what I'm worried about.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:11 am

I'd rather they just put the temporary seats back on the mayflower terrace. The new stand is shit and I really hope brent f***s off before any of this is built. Get out of my club NOW brent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

I think it says everything when his ice rink and hotel are computerised shiny drawings. Yet the one thing that is for the football club looks like a drawing that has been scribbled on the back of a napkin
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:48 am

fleetwood would love it! looks just like their grandstand
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:51 am

love the memorial garden idea. we could bury the ghost of pafc there, all hail the rise of brent argyle football collaboration
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:01 am

Freathy wrote:
I'd rather they just put the temporary seats back on the mayflower terrace. The new stand is shit and I really hope brent f***s off before any of this is built. Get out of my club NOW brent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there any opposition to these plans now that the trust has been isolated, anything official ATD can lend its support to? Friends of central park perhaps?
Im all for a new grandstand, but not this small-time abomination, like Freathy says it rather stick with what we have...... and if opposing the stupid feckin ice-rink and cinema means that the "grandstand" gets canned then im all for it.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:06 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Is there any opposition to these plans now that the trust has been isolated, anything official ATD can lend its support to? Friends of central park perhaps?
Im all for a new grandstand, but not this small-time abomination, like Freathy says it rather stick with what we have...... and if opposing the stupid feckin ice-rink and cinema means that the "grandstand" gets canned then im all for it.

The Trust has been given a slap and has responded by organising a disco.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:25 am

Tringreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Freathy wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:27 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I will oppose this 'development' in any way I can.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:32 am

It's a fait accompli. How they could make any significant changes now? The only push is on finance to build the thing (and whether the two directors who bought shares in exchange for completing the stand are doing so and what is their payback) and what income will go into the club.

On the face of it everything points to it being a property development with an inconvenient grandstand with nice loos tacked on.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:50 am

The more I look at that scribble of a picture, I really don't know whether to laugh or cry.

A Grandstand fit for the Conference! You betcha!

What riles me all the more is when the apologists trot out the "it can be extended if needed" line. Oh yeah? And who's paying for that then? The only reason this half-arsed embarrassment may get built is because its part of the deal that landed Brent with the land.

You couldn't get a more upwardly mobile forward thinking club than Swansea, and even they admit the one huge error they made was making the capacity too small.

One thing that is bang on, is that the stand is totally representative of the ambition Brent has for PAFC ie strictly small-time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:51 am

Tringreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Freathy wrote:

lol. I'm beginning to think about cancelling my membership to the trust as if they would rather organize a dusty springfield evening over fighting for clubs fans then they are a weak cause.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:53 am

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
So my guess is between 1600-1800.

Shirley you can manage more than two thousand ? The Turks could sell that out .

Jeez but you guys could moan for fecking England, you are getting comfortably the best ground in the Conference courtesy of the ratepayers and a banker and all you can do is bitch. Snatch his fecking hand off and be grateful you miserable feckers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:55 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
So my guess is between 1600-1800.

Shirley you can manage more than two thousand ? The Turks could sell that out .

Jeez but you guys could moan for fecking England, you are getting comfortably the best ground in the Conference courtesy of the ratepayers and a banker and all you can do is bitch. Snatch his fecking hand off and be grateful you miserable feckers.

judging by the ambition of the chairman it wont be any higher then that. The stadium now holds 16000 (would be 20000 if terracing was allowed)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stadium Plans released
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next