Charlie Wood
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend Empty
PostSubject: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 3:45 pm

Statement-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Turned out to be a nearly man for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 3:49 pm

ONE TWO THREE

altogether now

Luggy for plymouth Argyle (t will be said guranteed but not by me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Crazy, feked up world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 3:51 pm

BRING BACK KING LUGGY.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 3:52 pm

"Considerably bigger" budget than ours it would seem.Ah well,we must remember that Southend are a big club,i suppose,i think they're getting a 20000 seater stadium to prove it.

Unlucky for Luggy to get the boot a couple of weeks before a Wembley appearance but that's football ruthlessness for you.As far as i could see he did a pretty good job from a bad position at Southend but obviously not good enough.The old "lose to Argyle and you're out" syndrome strikes again.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 3:54 pm

But will still lead them out and manage them at Wembley What a Face Good news if he's got any guests from Plymouth going up. Wink

Undeniable logic from an ambitious Chairman though. He's given him a very fair crack of the whip.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 4:03 pm

What an odd statement. They're going to appoint a new manager tomorrow, yet want Sturrock to "manage" them at Wembley? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 4:06 pm

Phil Brown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 4:08 pm

Fletcher!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 4:08 pm

no not that simple minded fool... Phl brown has got the job already
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 4:12 pm

This rumour has been doing the rounds for a while in Southend according to a friend of mine. The original rumour was Luggy's health was deteriorating. The fact is that Southend have punched above their weight. When Luggy went in he had less than 6 players less than a month before the start of the season and finished just outside the play offs. Luggy is a very very good manager.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 4:40 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
This rumour has been doing the rounds for a while in Southend according to a friend of mine. The original rumour was Luggy's health was deteriorating. The fact is that Southend have punched above their weight. When Luggy went in he had less than 6 players less than a month before the start of the season and finished just outside the play offs. Luggy is a very very good manager.

'Was' a very good manager................... in the lower leagues.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 4:45 pm

Possibly paying for doing so well last season? They really overachieved probably, skewing expectations for this time around.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:03 pm

Greenskin wrote:
"Considerably bigger" budget than ours it would seem.Ah well,we must remember that Southend are a big club,i suppose,i think they're getting a 20000 seater stadium to prove it.

Unlucky for Luggy to get the boot a couple of weeks before a Wembley appearance but that's football ruthlessness for you.As far as i could see he did a pretty good job from a bad position at Southend but obviously not good enough.The old "lose to Argyle and you're out" syndrome strikes again.

If they have a "considerably bigger" budget than us then how can ours be "competitive"?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:07 pm

"recent results against relatively low League teams such as:

o Accrington
o Barnet
o Wimbledon
o Plymouth
and
o Torquay"

Heh heh, low League teams like Plymouth, god how that must hurt.

It is of course utter pretentious, clueless twaddle from yet another 'owner' who just doesn't get it.

Anyone can beat anyone else at this level and form is exactly that, they got to the top by winning a few and slipped down by losing a few, fecking muppets do my 'ead in. Luggy has done a decent enough job and they were still in contact, a couple or three wins and they could easily have been back in the frame while Wembley as Grimbo have shown can soon make you take your eye off the ball.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:30 pm

Depends how you define competetive. Competetive with accrington and Barnet?"
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:42 pm

I heard it will be Dane. Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 8:46 pm

would be amazed if our budget was less than theirs.

at least they got the good grace & correct attitude to let sturrock lead them out at wembley.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:40 am

Gutted for the man.
Still a very good manager and maybe Torquay will be his next port of call. Luggy seems to like seaside towns and cities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 5:57 am

gasser9 wrote:
Gutted for the man.
Still a very good manager and maybe Torquay will be his next port of call. Luggy seems to like seaside towns and cities.

He must've loved the beaches in Sheffield and Swindon Razz

Might be time for him to call it a day now. I don't know how bad his illness has gotten but I wouldn't like to hear about him becoming really ill and managing is one helluva stressful job.

I'll always remember him for the way he transformed Argyle from pretty much where we are now to a Championship club in the blink of an eye, long live Sir Paul of Plymouth cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:10 am

gasser9 wrote:
Gutted for the man.

Don't think so - looks like Martin Ling is coming back in May (possibly).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:29 am

He has not been sacked. His contract ends in the Summer and Southend Chairman said he wouln't be renewing contract. Nothing to see here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:44 am

I had heard that he was looking to move closer to the south-west anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:53 pm

Are we going to have endless "Luggy to return" crap from now till he gets another job somewhere?

first time magestic
second time shit
Absolute big no to a third

Besides JS is the man to take us up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend   Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend Empty

Back to top Go down

Sturrock sacked by Sar'fend
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next