pepsipete
Dougie
Chemical Ali
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE Empty
PostSubject: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:46 am

He's resigned to take up the chairman position at PNE cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:52 am

Oh Happy Day
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:53 am

Yipee cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:58 am

Yippee x 2 (or 200). That's me back in the fold...kind of.
Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:03 am

f**k me, Thats the best news ive heard, God help PNE!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:03 am

So long, and thanks for not installing the fishtank.

Wonder what PNE fans make of this. Delirious, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:06 am

Wonder what Purse thinks of that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:07 am

Greenskin wrote:
Wonder what Purse thinks of that?

sod him he isnt our player yet

good news the riddler has gone before he can cause any damage cheers thanks for all you did to help us overcome the M7 reign that cant go un stated i feel.

does leave us with a void to fill with who is going to run the club seeing as Brent just wants to be owner. my money is on either Peter Jones or Michael Dunford to return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:15 am

Webb or Napoleon!!
pig jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:26 am

Posting on my phone whilst on my way to an unbelievably important meeting so forgive the tyPos!

Bloody fantastic news!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:28 am

I've just done a little jig around the front room.

This is great news.

I've met him a couple of times and I just can not trust him. I've always said that if he wants to rebuild his tarnished reputation, then do it somewhere else, not at Argyle.

He worked hard to get us to where we are today, but he also made some cock ups along the way....the Monaco trip for example.

So, thanks for your efforts with the good things you did, but ultimately, very glad to see the back of you.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:35 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Webb or Napoleon!!
pig jocolor

Bloody hell, rather have Ridsdale back. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
erewegoagin

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:36 am

Not really surprising,Risdale was probably of the opinion that he had become a mere figure head and there was no benefit be it financial or status to him in remaining.

James Brent may say hes not a football man,but hes certainly an astute business man hes making polite noises at present reference Webb and Newell,but underneath hes probably looking for a way to dispatch them off to the "Thanks and goodbye box"

At the end of day its going to be a highly professional head honcho whether its going come from a football background or a respected and knowledgeable high-flying financial kingpin who's not going to take any nonsense from various factions whose actions are perhaps self serving
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Fingers crossed erewegoagin! Good news, I hope it boosts the team, bar Purcey of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:21 pm

pepsipete wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Webb or Napoleon!!
pig jocolor

Bloody hell, rather have Ridsdale back. Twisted Evil

Now now, come on Pete clown

Home now after an incredibly busy day, even had to post on my iphone for goodness sake, it's just a good job I had my chauffeur with me whilst I was going posting and in a conference call! affraid

This news about Ridsdale has recharged me, I never expected that! Poor PNE but on the bright side, I'm back to Home Park again! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
mandela

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:31 pm

Shame, Ridsdale did a good job at Argyle.

He deserves credit for keeping us going, alongside Reid and all the staff.

If there was no Ridsdale there would be no Argyle I think ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:35 pm

mandela wrote:
Shame, Ridsdale did a good job at Argyle.

He deserves credit for keeping us going, alongside Reid and all the staff.

If there was no Ridsdale there would be no Argyle I think ???

Yup, you're right Mandela, but he done it for the wrong reasons and he done pretty dam well out of it anyway. If he had stayed I think Argyle would have become a great milking cow for him.
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:42 pm

to be fair he didn't have much to do with pasoti and the president running the club Laughing who to get next break the bank and get david dein (joking) but it needs somebody with a football background rather than someone from akkeron or an ex banking colleague ect but not durnford or jones as sturrock proved you should never go back.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:48 pm

link on this exeweb thread to the reaction of the Preston fans lol !

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:49 pm

I would like to see Jones involved in some role. He would have made a superb President, he knows how to communicate with the fans without beards, jester hats and choirs, he's professional without appearing to be up himself.

It's Jones for me but there's a part of me that agrees with you Argyledj, as you say, don't go back.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Excellent news.

I am going to try to be fair to Ridsdale so bear with me.

When he arrived we were virtually dead and as he leaves we are virtually alive. How much of that is down to him I don't know but he leaves us in a better place in comparison to the one we were in when he arrived. So some qualified thanks are due.

Bloody glad he's gone though.

The big problem with Ridsdale is the feeling that he is only in it for himself. I suppose that that could be said of everybody really but Ridsdale, and in particular his modus operandi, was and is the very shifty personalisation of everything that is wrong with football these days.

Ridsdale will be getting plaudits because he steered us through the chaos with HMRC but all he did was sell our best players at knock-down prices and then appoint Guilfoyle. It is not beyond the wit of man to imagine a world where somebody else sold those same players and a different administrator could hardly have been much worse. However Ridsdale did actually get it done and that had seemed to be completely beyond the ability of the old board.

The eventual and long overdue rejection of the Heaney bid left Ridsdale high and dry. Whatever the scam that Heaney and Ridsdale had cooked up between themselves was doomed from that point on and so Ridsdale takes his £1, still safely tucked away in a corner of a very deep trouser pocket, away to pastures new.

Did anybody ever notice whether or not Ridsdale had unusually short arms?

God help Preston.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:52 pm

Tringreen wrote:
link on this exeweb thread to the reaction of the Preston fans lol !

I feel bloody sorry for Preston fans, they must be in deep shit if Ridsdale's milking their last pennies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:53 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Excellent news.

When he arrived we were virtually dead and as he leaves we are virtually alive. How much of that is down to him I don't know but he leaves us in a better place in comparison to the one we were in when he arrived. So some qualified thanks are due.

The big problem with Ridsdale is the feeling that he is only in it for himself. I suppose that that could be said of everybody really but Ridsdale, and in particular his modus operandi, was and is the very shifty personalisation of everything that is wrong with football these days.

Ridsdale will be getting plaudits because he steered us through the chaos with HMRC but all he did was sell our best players at knock-down prices and then appoint Guilfoyle. It is not beyond the wit of man to imagine a world where somebody else sold those same players and a different administrator could hardly have been much worse. However Ridsdale did actually get it done and that had seemed to be completely beyond the ability of the old board.

The eventual and long overdue rejection of the Heaney bid left Ridsdale high and dry. Whatever the scam that Heaney and Ridsdale had cooked up between themselves was doomed from that point on and so Ridsdale takes his £1, still safely tucked away in a corner of a very deep trouser pocket, away to pastures new.

God help Preston.

That sums it for me!
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Excellent news.

God help Preston.

That is pretty much as I see it, Sir Francis - thanks for saving me from having to post! Guess we'll never know the true impact he had.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:56 pm

I will be most surprised if we don't end up with Peter Jones as Chairman and Mike Dunford as a CEO/Johnny-on-the-spot at the end of this.

Although appointing them as a double act would be somewhat lacking in ambition or imagination I happen to think that they would be just about the best appointees that I can think of.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE Empty

Back to top Go down

Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next