Dougie
Chemical Ali
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 4:01 am

GOB wrote:
I would like to see Jones involved in some role. He would have made a superb President, he knows how to communicate with the fans without beards, jester hats and choirs...

May I remind you...

We don't have 'Choirs', we have "ultras"!

And '1886' ones at that!

You gotta laugh.... The whole pretense of interaction with the fans, asking for their name suggestions.. Disregarding half of them... Setting up poll after poll... tallying up the votes...

And then completely disregarding all of it, and forcing your personal whim on everybody, and adding 1886!

Power to the people!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:23 am

[quote="Rickler"]
GOB wrote:

You gotta laugh.... The whole pretense of interaction with the fans, asking for their name suggestions.. Disregarding half of them... Setting up poll after poll... tallying up the votes...

Indeed.
Reminds me of Ridsdale asking the Green Taverners to give a questionaire to fans regarding the new prices for this season.
They then proceeded to tell us what was a SENSIBLE price that we should put in our answers.

Ridsdale then told us all that he was surprised when fans said they were happy to pay more than he had initially thought.
Classic bullshit. Don't you just love the listening thing.
Back to top Go down
mandela

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 2:01 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Anybody who thinks Ridsdale saved this club believes in Santa Claus. In my opinion, without that man, the staff and players would never have gone so long without pay ... how people can praise his 'efforts' here is quite extroadinary. Still, Keith Todd convinced them for long enough, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

I still don't understand ?? Ridsdale kept the club running during the Adminstration period and managed to get the season started. We could have folded there and then. Who else was available at the time and experienced enough to do that ? James Brent said he was a "reluctant bidder" and didn't offer enough to get exclusivity. That's had nothing to do with Ridsdale really.
I just don't see what specifically Ridsdale did wrong at Argyle.Please explain.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 2:10 pm

How many football clubs have gone into administration over the last 10 years and how many were bailed out by Ridsdale ?

And how many professional clubs the size of Argyle have EVER gone out of business ?

Get real, it was never going to happen... you've been taken in by spin. In my mind, all that Ridsdale succeeded in doing was to convince the players and staff to take a huge hit over 6 to 9 months in order to free up immediate sale proceeds to give to the former owners... that, in my mind was WRONG. Without what I believe to be his macheovelian gameplan, the club would have been sold in May to Brent with a bigger hit for the owners. I repeat, we still haven't a clue just how much the Gardeners of this world have actually managed to get back .... and we're not likely to .... because it is probably a disgrace that they would rather us not know.

Ridsdale was not brought in to save the football club per se. He was brought in to save as much of the investments as he could, which obviously included a going concern.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 3:54 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
How many football clubs have gone into administration over the last 10 years and how many were bailed out by Ridsdale ?

And how many professional clubs the size of Argyle have EVER gone out of business ?

Get real, it was never going to happen... you've been taken in by spin. In my mind, all that Ridsdale succeeded in doing was to convince the players and staff to take a huge hit over 6 to 9 months in order to free up immediate sale proceeds to give to the former owners... that, in my mind was WRONG. Without what I believe to be his macheovelian gameplan, the club would have been sold in May to Brent with a bigger hit for the owners. I repeat, we still haven't a clue just how much the Gardeners of this world have actually managed to get back .... and we're not likely to .... because it is probably a disgrace that they would rather us not know.

Ridsdale was not brought in to save the football club per se. He was brought in to save as much of the investments as he could, which obviously included a going concern.

Trust in Stapes to do the right thing for............................................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE   Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ridsdale Resigns and goes to PNE
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3