Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Match preview: Argyle V Hereford

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Match preview: Argyle V Hereford  Empty
PostSubject: Match preview: Argyle V Hereford    Match preview: Argyle V Hereford  EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 6:19 pm

The actual blog page is here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hello guys and welcome to another blog, plenty has happend since I last updated the page (due to 'tech' problems I have been unable to post blogs), the biggest news would obviously be the takeover of Plymouth Argyle by James Brent, the club is now safe and able to move forward. Shortly before that Peter Reid was sacked in his managerial position and replaced by captain Carl Fletcher with RO to help out. Not too long ago chairman Peter Ridsdale exited his post to take over at Preston North End. Fletcher has made numerous improvements to his side, including signing Blackpool defender Paul Bignot (currently suspended), Blackpool striker Craig Sutherland, Millwall's Darren Purse has joined on loan and will be signing an 18 month deal in January, Wolves striker Ashley Hemmings and Nick Chadwick has also returned to Home Park. Argyle will still look to improve the side in the January transfer window, and Stourbridge striker Ryan Rowe has been rumoured to join Fletchers lads. The new signings have helped Argyle to move off bottom with a 1 1 draw at Bradford, and the week before the Pilgrims crushed Tim Flowers Northampton 4 1 at Home Park.

The Pilgrims return home for another six pointer after they drew 1 1 away to Bradford last time out, and the week before, Fletchers men thrashed sorry Northampton 4 1 at the theatre of Greens. Hereford go into this one on the back of 3 straight defeats against Rotherham, Crewe and Burton (teams that have all beaten the Greens this season to), however thats not been through lack of trying, the Bulls lost all 3 by just one goal and managed to net 4.

After picking up a point against Bradford, Argyle finally moved off bottom spot and Dagenham replaced us as the leagues basement side. Hereford sit in an un-comfy 21st place, just 4 points above Plymouth Argyle. It's look like it could be a merry christmas for the Green Army as they continue to improve, and with the knowledge that the club is safe, there is plenty off optimism flying around Home Park. Hereford on the other hand have had a season barren of any real excitement and there hasn't been much to cheer in Herefordshire, unless your a fan of Hereford rugby club who have recently announced plans to spend 6 million pounds on moving to a new home.

WHO'S READY?: Team news

Argyle have a healthy sized team to pick an 11 from, the only two players they are unable to include are Paul Bignot and Onismor Bhasera. On loan Blackpool defender Paul Bignot was sent off in the Pilgrims FA CUP first round replay at Stourbridge, the defender stupidly kicked out at a Glassboy and was sent packing early on before being given a long suspension, recently however Bignot donated a large sum of money to St Lukes hospice when the entire team went to learn about the charity and pass on their christmas wishes. Star left back Bhasera was sent off in stoppage time at Bradford when he picked up a second booking, Carl Fletcher said he was angry with the decision from the ref. Despite leaving the field at half time against Bradford, crucial centre back Darren Purse will be fit to play. Durrell Berry is expected to continue at RB for Argyle while Robbie Williams will most likely fill in for Bhasera.

Hereford just about have a fully fit side in which to select an 11 from, though Jamie Pitman might have some thinking to do in terms of his defensive line up, the back 4 struggle to clear set pieces (something the greens have also struggled with this season). Bulls fans are calling for the return of striker Nathan Elder but its likely that Facey and Arquin will start up front. Winger Joe Colbeck has been declared fit but it might be too early for a man barren off any match action for 3 months

HEAD TO HEAD: The managers

Both managers find themselves fairly new to the job, Jamie Pitman with the slight upper hand on Carl Fletcher.

Fletcher took over at Argyle earlier in the season when Peter Reid was sacked due to lack of results. At first it looked to be a temporary decision but recently owner James Brent has pledged his support in the rookie skipper. In Fletcher's first match in charge the Pilgrims picked up their first win of the season at home to Macclesfield Town, when goals from Warren Feeney and Robbie Williams helped Argyle onto a 2 0 victory. The Pilgrims have looked improved on the pitch but maybe not enough, as the Greens have only recently climbed off bottom. There was talk of trying to get a new manager in but that seems to have faded, and ex Doncaster and Bournemouth manager Sean O'Driscoll has been advising Carl Fletcher. In his playing career, the Argyle manager played for Bournemouth, West Ham, Watford, Crystal Palace, Notingham Forest and has been a Green since 2009.

Jamie Pitman (aged 35) has been manager off Hereford since 2010 after Simon Davey was sacked, it was at first on a caretaker basis however in April 2011 it was decided he would be given a new 2 year contract as the Bulls manager. It hasn't been a superb season for Pitman sofare however, but there does not seem to be any concern from the fans as to his position as manager. Pitman was a schoolboy when he joined the youth set up at Swindon Town, he went onto play for Swindon, Hereford, Yeovil, Woking, Forest green rovers before returning to Hereford.

END IT THERE: Summary

Saturday's match will hopefully be an interesting one indeed, both sides have points to prove and will certainly want to be taking the ultimate prize, 3 valued points.

My prediction: Argyle 3 Hereford 1

Make sure you check on Sunday or Monday for my match report on PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V HEREFORD UNITED.

Cobi Budge
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Pasalb shizzle   Match preview: Argyle V Hereford  EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 11:18 pm

Are we favourites? Is it bad that I still feel they'll beat us?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Match preview: Argyle V Hereford    Match preview: Argyle V Hereford  EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 11:36 pm

I'm fairly sure I saw an Argyle v Hereford game years ago and they paraded a big cow or bull around the outside edge of the pitch for some strange reason. Is it their mascot or something?

Mind you an awful lot of substances have been taken since then so it may have been a man in a cow suit, but the guy leading it around had a white coat on like they do at cattle markets so I'm pretty confident I did see it.

With the Ultras out in force for their debut tomorrow I can't envisage anything other than a thumping win for us. Well except the cow/bull which I know can't stop envisaging.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Match preview: Argyle V Hereford    Match preview: Argyle V Hereford  EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:03 am

greenjock wrote:
I'm fairly sure I saw an Argyle v Hereford game years ago and they paraded a big cow or bull around the outside edge of the pitch for some strange reason. Is it their mascot or something?

Mind you an awful lot of substances have been taken since then so it may have been a man in a cow suit, but the guy leading it around had a white coat on like they do at cattle markets so I'm pretty confident I did see it.

With the Ultras out in force for their debut tomorrow I can't envisage anything other than a thumping win for us. Well except the cow/bull which I know can't stop envisaging.

I think their nickname the Bulls gives it away.A hereford bull i would say
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Match preview: Argyle V Hereford    Match preview: Argyle V Hereford  EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:09 am

downthetrack wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Thats ok then. When we play your lot next season I'll lead that Greek tw@t around the pitch by his hair.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Match preview: Argyle V Hereford    Match preview: Argyle V Hereford  EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:16 am

greenjock wrote:
downthetrack wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Thats ok then. When we play your lot next season I'll lead that Greek tw@t around the pitch by his hair.

Don't think you can drop two divisions ,can you ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Match preview: Argyle V Hereford    Match preview: Argyle V Hereford  EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:22 am

downthetrack wrote:
greenjock wrote:
downthetrack wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Don't think you can drop two divisions ,can you ?

Who's dropping? We're aiming for the play-offs now. tongue
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Match preview: Argyle V Hereford    Match preview: Argyle V Hereford  EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:08 am

Thanks for the preview, Cobi.

For the first time in I don't know how long, I've woken up wishing I was going today.Must be the offer of free mulled wine in the club shop...

greenjock - vast improvement on the avatar. The missus? I take it you live in Trowbridge, then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Match preview: Argyle V Hereford    Match preview: Argyle V Hereford  EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:18 am

Nick wrote:
Thanks for the preview, Cobi.

For the first time in I don't know how long, I've woken up wishing I was going today.Must be the offer of free mulled wine in the club shop...

greenjock - vast improvement on the avatar. The missus? I take it you live in Trowbridge, then?

Spot on Nick. She was Miss Trowbridge 1998. We've just moved from Bradford on Avon, what a contrast!
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Match preview: Argyle V Hereford    Match preview: Argyle V Hereford  EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:29 am

greenjock wrote:
Spot on Nick. She was Miss Trowbridge 1998. We've just moved from Bradford on Avon, what a contrast!

That is quite a contrast. What on earth do you do if you fancy a spur-of-the-moment visit to a tea room or tithe barn? Used to enjoy cycling up the canal from Bath to the Cross Guns for a pint or two.

WILTSHIRE AND SURROUNDS HIJACK ALERT!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Match preview: Argyle V Hereford    Match preview: Argyle V Hereford  EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:41 am

I think we'll lose. We're still extremely easy to score against. We'll go into the break one up and then cue the standard second half implosion. Hereford will grab the winner in the final minutes.

Argyle 1-2 Hereford
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Match preview: Argyle V Hereford    Match preview: Argyle V Hereford  EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 11:18 am

Nick wrote:
greenjock wrote:

That is quite a contrast. What on earth do you do if you fancy a spur-of-the-moment visit to a tea room or tithe barn? Used to enjoy cycling up the canal from Bath to the Cross Guns for a pint or two.

WILTSHIRE AND SURROUNDS HIJACK ALERT!

The Tithe Barn! Bradfords number one attraction, can't believe I've given all that up for the Polish Social Club, the Polish Deli, The Polish Gift Shop and the Polish skinheads fighting outside Favourite Fried Chicken of a weekend. On the upside, I now live a stones throw from KFC cheers

I saw with amusement yesterday that somebody has produced a perfume called Eau De Trowbridge, I kid you not. It must smell of kebabs and urine and goes well with shell suits.

My prediction today is a comprehensive victory, I'll go for 3-1, with the lads spurred on by the Ultras after falling behind early. Last game before Xmas so hopefully a bit bigger crowd than we've been having lately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Match preview: Argyle V Hereford    Match preview: Argyle V Hereford  Empty

Back to top Go down

Match preview: Argyle V Hereford
Page 1 of 1