Freathy
Greendave
seadog
Elias
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Morgans?

Still on the A38.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 1:18 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Morgans?

Still on the A38.

Maybe - it was on the old A38
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 11:33 am

penzancepirate wrote:
Sneinton Green wrote:
cansome one explain the difference between the ultras and other folk who like to sing at games?

Branding, control and job creation.

If people want to sing, sell them a voice.

Mind you I've never thought of it as singing. Let's be honest here, it's warlike chanting, it's hardly a male voice quoir, it's not even peasants singing over their crops.

# as i thought, a bit more sanitisation
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Dougie wrote:
How was it for you Peggy?

Oh .. you know ... Great ... Yes - wonderful ...

OHHHHH

I have to confess that I didn't go. Saturday was my only day off in three weeks, and after much thought I decided to spend it doing other stuff.

I'll change my avatar dreckly.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Peggy wrote:
Dougie wrote:
How was it for you Peggy?

Oh .. you know ... Great ... Yes - wonderful ...

OHHHHH

I have to confess that I didn't go. Saturday was my only day off in three weeks, and after much thought I decided to spend it doing other stuff.

I'll change my avatar dreckly.

And I spent all afternoon keeping the spotty faced teenagers out of your seat as well! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:29 am

Chris you should lead the way with you merry men/kids like the general does with the barmy army
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:25 am

Freathy wrote:
Let's face it,it was always going to be an embarrasing failure jocolor

Is that aimed at the Ultras Freathy or is that just your general generic Janner mantra, some for of universal signature response to anything vaguely positive or forward thinking?.

I absolutely hate the idea of enforced jollyment, I think it was the 'Ghost of Saturday' himself who once ranted wonderfully on the subject. I too would shove a flag up the arse of anyone forcing me to wave a flag, shove a programme down the throat of anyone nudging me to sing if I didn't want to.

But, so long as it's not done near me and we know where they're goping to be to avoid them, what possible objection could there be to a bit of atmosphere at Home Park?, it's been flat as a witches tit for what seems like years now.

I know the general vibe is towards the half empty on here, that's not a bad thing, checks and balances and all that, but I couldn't help reading your post and thinking it was a default statement rather than a considered judgement............a bit like negativity tourettes.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Don't think the atmosphere has been that bad considering the shite generally demonstrated on the pitch over the past four years.Even towards the end of last season there were some games with a very good atmos when it seemed Argyle had a semblance of a chance of escaping,the games against MK Dons and Walsall spring to mind.No matter how well meaning and well organised initiatives such as the Ultras are,the only way that a consistently vibrant atmos will be achieved is by putting a team on the pitch that looks as if it may win a game or two and ideally play a bit of decent football as well,both of which have been sadly lacking in recent times.What was the figure,something like 37 defeats in 75 home games until the last couple of games? Utterly disgraceful and a stat which tells its own awful tale-at many clubs there certainly would have been an "atmosphere" of a rather hostile kind.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:23 pm

The last couple of home games last season Greenskin, i'll give you them, beyond that though - pish atmosphere.

But they came spontaneously, as vocal passion should. It's the orchestration I struggle with, but fair play to them, in their own area.

I avoid the family enclosure, I don't like squeeky chanting and don't want kids asking their parents where the angry man just asked the linesman to put his flag.

I avoid the grandstand because i've heard altzheimers may be infectious.

I avoided block 17 as I wanted to wwatch a game of football, not play bait the stewards.

So I can avoid the Ultras too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:59 pm

Whilst your Ultras are crap at the moment, you have to start somewhere. City have it under "Seige Army" and brought it in when we were bottom. Flags, scarves and now a bloody drum. It definately has helped stop the negativity. Yes, we will never have a massive support but it has certainly improved the atmosphere at home games 10 fold. You cannot criticise an enthusiastic person.

It won't be for everybody but you do need to stick with the idea. Surprised in some way you didn't add a Cornish/Celtic theme to push your support base further down there.

Personally I also think a real ultra support base will further alienate any hooligan element attached to any club and further promote your club to the wider community.

Another thing, just a few people waving scarves and singing is a much better atmosphere than 8000 rugby fans at a Chiefs match talking amongst themselves.

Chris Webb should be supported with this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 6:35 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Surprised in some way you didn't add a Cornish/Celtic theme to push your support base further down there.

I agree, but the fans trying this ultra thing don't get the Celtic thing, in fact I wonder if some really don't like it.. I had a few discussions with Ian Newell on Pasoti trying to educate his resistant burried head that the Celtic fringe both genetically and culturally actually extends as far as the Teign valley. He didn't like that at all. This club has never really got it, maybe because it's a garrison town and wants to keep it's nose clean, who knows. Many really don't like the Celtic thing, just like Exeter in that sense.
A bad mistake, one of many the club have always made, apart from perhaps when Bill Pearce ran things. There was a guy who knew what he was doing. If the club want to get into the community again, they could do a lot worse than follow his methods.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 6:42 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Surprised in some way you didn't add a Cornish/Celtic theme to push your support base further down there.

No thanks lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 7:03 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
The Red Star wrote:

I agree, but the fans trying this ultra thing don't get the Celtic thing, in fact I wonder if some really don't like it.. I had a few discussions with Ian Newell on Pasoti trying to educate his resistant burried head that the Celtic fringe both genetically and culturally actually extends as far as the Teign valley. He didn't like that at all. This club has never really got it, maybe because it's a garrison town and wants to keep it's nose clean, who knows. Many really don't like the Celtic thing, just like Exeter in that sense.
A bad mistake, one of many the club have always made, apart from perhaps when Bill Pearce ran things. There was a guy who knew what he was doing. If the club want to get into the community again, they could do a lot worse than follow his methods.

I agree, I think you are missing a trick. What is the Cornish proportion of your current support? At an outsiders guess I would say 25% of season ticket holders, maybe more. Am sure the Club could verify. The link with the Cornish Pirates is also an opportunity to spread your base further. Your intention should be to seal off Cornwall for Argyle

Lets be honest too, who really wants to support Truro City.

Don't get me wrong, I like you languishing in the depths, however under Brent you have a real opportunity to push Argyle on properly and it would be criminal if you failed to cultivate your real potential.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 7:16 pm

37 defeats in last 75 home games affraid

to be honest thats better than i thought it was
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 7:40 pm

X Isle wrote:
The last couple of home games last season Greenskin, i'll give you them, beyond that though - pish atmosphere.

But they came spontaneously, as vocal passion should. It's the orchestration I struggle with, but fair play to them, in their own area.

I avoid the family enclosure, I don't like squeeky chanting and don't want kids asking their parents where the angry man just asked the linesman to put his flag.

I avoided block 17 as I wanted to wwatch a game of football, not play bait the stewards.

First they came for the squeaky kids,
and I didn't sing out because I wasn't a squeaky kid.

Then they came for the grand-stand,
and I didn't sing out because I didn't want Alzheimer's.

Then they came for the steward-baiters,
and I didn't sing out because I wasn't a steward baiter.

Then they came for me
and there was only the Ultras left to sing.

FORZA VERDE!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:43 am

Phenom wrote:
The Red Star wrote:

No thanks lol

fuckin english turd!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:09 am

penzancepirate wrote:
The Red Star wrote:

Plz explain re: Celtic asap plz penz. chrz
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:30 am

Most people who live in Cornwall are Londoners anyway.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:40 am

X Isle wrote:

I don't think Alzheimers is infectious,Smiffy.Leastaways,i've been in contact daily with my mother for the past three years since she was diagnosed with that awful illness and i seem to have got away with it so far.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:46 am

funny man wrote:
Most people who live in Cornwall are Londoners anyway.

Most home owners maybe, but they do live 99% of their lives in London.

I too don't know why we don'y make more of our Celtic cultural history. There's never been a wall running down the banks of the Tamar keeping Celts from Anglo-Saxons so quite why people are resistant to the notion that Devon too would have a Celtic bloodline, i'm not quite sure. It wasn't as if the Devon Expressway was about in them days to re-stock Anglo-Saxon influence and culture.

Dunno what people are scared of, even the Devon county flag screams of Celtic influence. It's why the fact they have to fly it in Exeter makes me chuckle so. Argyle's USP is it's very uniqueness..........furthest south, furthest west, only Argyle and until lately the only green team. So why not play on that still further, we're different, play to our strengths.

Anyhoots, we digress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:53 am

[quote="X Isle"]
funny man wrote:
Dunno what people are scared of, even the Devon county flag screams of Celtic influence. It's why the fact they have to fly it in Exeter makes me chuckle so. Argyle's USP is it's very uniqueness..........furthest south, furthest west, only Argyle and until lately the only green team. So why not play on that still further, we're different, play to our strengths.

Anyhoots, we digress.

THe flag may make you chuckle but that Red & White lighthouse brings us greater pleasure
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Hope you like my new avatar Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle ultras - load of crap    Argyle ultras - load of crap  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle ultras - load of crap
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2