Elias
downthetrack
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Scottish Referendum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Whatever the result, it's not great that at least 40-45% of Scots don't want to part of the UK.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 6:47 pm

I'm not sure that being part of the UK is something that you're average Scot would be passionate about tbf. National identity and pride is one thing. But being part of a group of four doesn't really stir the loins. If they've weighed up the pro's and con's and think they'll be better off alone, good riddance luck to 'em.

You can bet though, a fair % of 'Yes' votes will be coming from thicko's who don't have the capacity to think logically, and will vote purely on a basis of being disassociated with us south of the border. Dangerous times...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Whatever the result, it's not great that at least 40-45% of Scots don't want to part of the UK.

northern scotland it is cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 7:18 pm

Most of the Jocks I work with are No voters who reckon the majority of the yes vote comes from the under 18's who don't know their arse from their elbow.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 7:07 pm

Elias wrote:
7/2 for a yes vote

looking good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 9:02 pm

Watching the Andrew Mar show this morning - there are so many important fundamental questions that haven't been even addressed yet, I just can't see the yes vote happening!! If Scotland did vote yes, imho, it would just be a momentary vote of the heart from the Scots masses without really thinking the whole shebang through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 10:55 am

even if the scots all vote yes just because there has been a referendum doesnt meant it will change, we may get change SOON, or to use JBs favourite term IMMINENTLY.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 7:07 am

Has Salmon even addressed things like health care, defence, pensions, the EU, currency? Fundamental issues that seems to have got lost in the malaise of pro Salmon arse-licking by the kilted masses!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 3:08 pm

VOTE No Scotland

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this should work Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:53 am

Person Of Interest wrote:
Has Salmon even addressed things like health care, defence, pensions, the EU, currency? Fundamental issues that seems to have got lost in the malaise of pro Salmon arse-licking by the kilted masses!!

They are in love with idea of FREEDOM! and many in the YES camp havent even thought it through what it actually means for Scotland' s future as lets face the last time they gained there freedom in 1314 they never prospered at all and Scotland was a very poor place while England ruled the waves.

I support the idea of national identity for all the home nations. I would rather be known as English having been born in England and have an English national anthem rather than God Save The Queen which is the British Anthem and constantly having to answer British when asked for nationality. Hell lets have an English Parliment too cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 1:07 pm

Could go either way.

The debate seems to revolve around economics, jobs and currency.

If I was Scottish, those factors would be secondary to the wish for complete self determination, not to be controlled from elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 1:53 pm

I am getting fed up with everybody continually banging on about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 3:12 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Could go either way.

The debate seems to revolve around economics, jobs and currency.

If I was Scottish, those factors would be secondary to the wish for complete self determination, not to be controlled from elsewhere.

As soon as it dawns on the jocks that THEY will have to pay their own way now they will vote no.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 3:43 pm

If Scotland vote no to independence next week.....will Alex Salmond do the honourable thing and resign.....and sail off into the sunset.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 3:47 pm

zyph wrote:
If Scotland vote no to independence next week.....will Alex Salmond do the honourable thing and resign.....and sail off into the sunset.

He will have to i think the SNP will die if they lose the vote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 4:41 am

An Orange order march through Edinburgh yesterday!! Although I'm not sure if it was anything to do with the whole independence thing - if it was, the last thing we want is for religion to be brought into the debate, FFS!

I have read on numerous news sources that families and various communities are at each others throats over the yes/no debate. If Scotland votes no and the yes side of the voters feel as if they have been scare mongered and conned onto staying within the union, I fear there could be a lot of angry people ready to vent their anger and veiled hate of the English (come on, let's be honest here - how much of this is a pure vote against the sassenachs? How many voters and sat down and thought through the basic fundamental consequences of independence?)in various ways - violence is a very real threat imho.

A piece by one independent analyst even suggests another possible NI? Although unlikely, a scary thought none-the-less!

Pfwa, I don't know. A 300 year old success story thrown away for 40 years of oil?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 10:54 am

Its not their oil, it is Britain's oil so they can feck off with the idea that they will only benefit from it after independence!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 11:09 am

Yes 8 points ahead according to the latest ICM poll. Go get 'em Salmond!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 11:38 am

The SNP are in power because they actually do something for the community, replacing Labour. Up here there is an alternative to Labour, there is virtually no Tory party.

The Orange Order, God help us, was marching to support the No campaign, The Reverend P's favourite word.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:04 pm

I find it sort of hypocritical of Brian Cox, Andy Murray and Sean Connery amongst other high profile jocks can be so pro independence yet wont move back to scotland due to tax.

Its kind of a STFU movement they need to adapt
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 3:37 pm

seadog wrote:
The SNP are in power because they actually do something for the community, replacing Labour. Up here there is an alternative to Labour, there is virtually no Tory party.

The Orange Order, God help us, was marching to support the No campaign, The Reverend P's favourite word.

Indeed, was suprised Alistair darling was leading the no vote charge affraid
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 4:46 pm

The No campaign have, in typical arrogant Labour fashion, assumed that it is a done deal.

Unfortunately for them it is not and they are desperately making up shit to try and discredit the yes campaign. The yes campaign then points this out.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 6:44 pm

If they do go, David Cameron will have the unwanted legacy of being the PM who allowed the Union to break up.

What will happen to the rest of the UK should Scotland go and what would the UK be called. I have heard that it may be called the United Kingdom of Britain and Northern Ireland.

What damage will be done to the UK's standing within the World and European stage (NATO and the UN roles).

Regarding Trident, some experts are suggesting it should not be moved to Plymouth, as Plymouth has a large population mass living right next to Devonport Dockyard. Apparently, Trident has got to be based a great distance from any large population mass.

The SNP believe and maintain that they will be efficient and see economic growth and tout smaller Countries as examples. Then there is the question of what currency they use, Osborne has said they can't share the pound and there are now concerns regarding the EU and Scottish independence. I believe Spain may put the boot in on that idea.

So what happens to all the Public Sector jobs that are in Scotland. Do they vanish and put people out of work, will private sector jobs be hit also (two Banks have said they will leave the Country)

Are the SNP the blind leading the blind ?.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 7:42 pm

What ever the outcome its going to be very damaging for their nation for years to come imo.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 10:54 am

Oh well, the day has arrived and the Scots will vote to either go or stay..

I read yesterday that some bookies are already paying out on a NO vote....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Referendum   Scottish Referendum - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scottish Referendum
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next