Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)

Go down 
+8
Dougie
PlymptonPilgrim
Rickler
Greenskin
downthetrack
pepsipete
Freathy
Moist_Von_Lipwig
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:24 pm

downthetrack wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I see we're struggling badly at Aldershot. Sounds like a terrible 'performance' by Argyle again. We saved a pen but only a matter of time before Shots score.

Wrong

Have you seen the stats 56% to 44%.Shots 11 corners Gargs 1.

Saw your stats .2-0 wasn't it ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:24 pm

downthetrack wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I see we're struggling badly at Aldershot. Sounds like a terrible 'performance' by Argyle again. We saved a pen but only a matter of time before Shots score.

Wrong

To quote Tringy:
In the land of the blind the one eyed Aviva boy is king!!!!
I do wish these "emissaries" from Pasoti would see which way the wind is really blowing, but maybe im wishing too much.....or maybe their all too thick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:25 pm

queen
punchdrunk wrote:
downthetrack wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Wrong

To quote Tringy:
In the land of the blind the one eyed Aviva boy is king!!!!
I do wish these "emissaries" from Pasoti would see which way the wind is really blowing, but maybe im wishing too much.....or maybe their all too thick

I'm a member of ATD .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:29 pm

downthetrack wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Wrong

Have you seen the stats 56% to 44%.Shots 11 corners Gargs 1.That tells me it was a bit one sided.

But your a bit blinkered to the facts

Typical diversionary tactic to try take attention away from Colchester's victory over what's their name?
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:31 pm

funny man wrote:
downthetrack wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Wrong

Have you seen the stats 56% to 44%.Shots 11 corners Gargs 1.That tells me it was a bit one sided.

But your a bit blinkered to the facts

Typical diversionary tactic to try take attention away from Colchester's victory over what's their name?

We ain't bottom are we ? Very Happy

Gt in the Cobblers.

Last edited by downthetrack on Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:32 pm

Just to try and give a balanced viewpoint,and to gloat that i got the result right yet again,not a bad point really.Can't honestly complain about 4 points from 2 away games,couldn't really give a shit how it came about-as we saw in the CCC when Argyle battered teams like Birmingham and Middlesborough at HP for 90 minutes and lost 1-0,there's only one statistic that matters.Not getting carried away of course,still a very long way to go and a lot to sort out re the squad for the rest of the season,but not bad today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:33 pm

greengenes wrote:

I'm a member of ATD .

You are indeed GG, and a very welcome one. It will be worth something one day. Now concentrate on your pint and your mates in the pub.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:34 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Just to try and give a balanced viewpoint,and to gloat that i got the result right yet again,not a bad point really.Can't honestly complain about 4 points from 2 away games,couldn't really give a shit how it came about-as we saw in the CCC when Argyle battered teams like Birmingham and Middlesborough at HP for 90 minutes and lost 1-0,there's only one statistic that matters.Not getting carried away of course,still a very long way to go and a lot to sort out re the squad for the rest of the season,but not bad today.

I'd agree with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:34 pm

now Bradford winning, relegated by march, guaranteed
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:47 pm

Make no mistake we will be continuosly be relying on other results going our way as the run in begins. And Cobblers look like getting a comfortable win today. The league table will still look very bleak at 5:00 pm today.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:49 pm

I would think that there could be serious unrest at Bristol Rovers today-4-1 down at home to Crewe at HT-wouldn't like to be in Buckle's place ATM.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:57 pm

Greenskin wrote:
I would think that there could be serious unrest at Bristol Rovers today-4-1 down at home to Crewe at HT-wouldn't like to be in Buckle's place ATM.

Buckle will be sacked after today. Rovers will get a new manager and eventually get themselves out of danger.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:19 pm

Freathy wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Buckle will be sacked after today. Rovers will get a new manager and eventually get themselves out of danger.

Yes he needs to pull the rabbit out the hat.Or its happy new year heres your p45

4-2 now

Think Cottrill could be in a bit of trouble,up at Forest,not scored in six games
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:38 pm

Freathy wrote:
Make no mistake we will be continuosly be relying on other results going our way as the run in begins. And Cobblers look like getting a comfortable win today. The league table will still look very bleak at 5:00 pm today.

same story for the last two seasons aswell. other teams slip up and when we are gifted with a golden opportunity we dont take it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:44 pm

I'm delighted Tisdale is suffering. He probably thought his 'technique' and measured approach had no limit. We don't need any more pseudo intellectuals in the game. Real thinkers, yes, more Wengers, yes, but leave this honed, Xfactor PR trained, NVQ articulated facade behind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:49 pm

Sounded a crap game, but a point away from home so I'm going to try and stay optimistic. So much so that I've booked the Hotel for our family weekend away at the end of January, that includes me going to Port Vale. And the missus knows my plan includes the game so it's all good on that front. Could be worse, could have lost at home to Blackburn Laughing

Still think Brizzle are deep in the brown stuff as well. Maybe they will get Cotterill when he's sacked by Forest. Unless shitty replace Tidsdale with him when they go down. Biggest mystery in football how that chump keeps getting offered jobs. He should've stayed at Pompey but as always went chasing the dollar.

More reasons to be cheerful, Katy Perry is single and I've got ny redundancy letter cheers

Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:53 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
I'm delighted Tisdale is suffering. He probably thought his 'technique' and measured approach had no limit. We don't need any more pseudo intellectuals in the game. Real thinkers, yes, more Wengers, yes, but leave this honed, Xfactor PR trained, NVQ articulated facade behind.

Yes there's a lot of discontent on exeweb now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:54 pm

And Northampton concede a last minute winner cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:00 pm

downthetrack wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

Poor old Porkus. just when he's trying to keep his internet nose clean, he's got an open goal begging to have it's net broken.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:04 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
downthetrack wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

Poor old Porkus. just when he's trying to keep his internet nose clean, he's got an open goal begging to have it's net broken.

He is too busy in the directors box at Aldershot.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:08 pm

Well, we end 2011 in the lofty position of 23rd in L2 by 1 point. Play-offs here we come jocolor jocolor

I wonder if we'll ever get out of the bottom 2, even if only for a few days, before May?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:13 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

He is too busy in the directors box at Aldershot.

Are you serious? You mean Nap's dumped all his 'real' friends (yet again) to sit and pose like some aged soviet general reviewing the troops at a May day parade?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:15 pm

I remember him when he was excusing his move from the Lyndhurst to the Business Lounge last season. Very Happy

He's going for it, he's even announced that he won't spill any information publicly like the rest of his internet buddies.He's managed to push his main competition Webby into a silly hat, so there aren't many bucket alternatives out there now, apart from a reluctant Peter Jones or a back room taverner, should Brent want a token oik. You've hinted with yer letter James, and he's yer man should you want him. He's spent a Uriah Heep life time manouevering and can be trusted to move heaven on earth to try his best to deliver a compliant fanbase. It's his USP and must have learned a lot from Ridsdale.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:22 pm

I suppose a point from a game in which we seemed to be poor is to be welcomed - we were playing the mighty Aldershot after all Shocked

Just shows though how badly we need players - the kids have been ok, but time's running out.

January will be a very important month, on and off the pitch. Time to step up Mr Brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:27 pm

I don't believe he'll be paying any fees of note at all, and certainly won't be offering any 3 year contracts. So, what we will get will be interesting.
Will we get the same old supposed disappointments ? I still remember Gardner being in the market for a 25 a season million pound player clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next