Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)

Go down 
+8
Dougie
PlymptonPilgrim
Rickler
Greenskin
downthetrack
pepsipete
Freathy
Moist_Von_Lipwig
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:24 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I suppose a point from a game in which we seemed to be poor is to be welcomed - we were playing the mighty Aldershot after all Shocked

Just shows though how badly we need players - the kids have been ok, but time's running out.

January will be a very important month, on and off the pitch. Time to step up Mr Brent.

Make no mistake we were fairly dreadful. As I said earlier the non losing run sees us treading water in the bottom two. The stats say that these runs don't come along very often so by definition its got to end. 3 4 or 5 Purse like players needed. We can't rely on those teams in freefall to continue in that vain. There was a huge incentive to win today and we werent able to and never looked like being able to. I still find it very very worrisome (but please don't take this as not supporting the team I was happy as larry to lend my support today but there is a time to be objective and realistic after the game)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:29 pm

Have to say it was a scrappy match with more them than us. Green Army was superb, sang all the way through and even shut up their drum. Some very witty singing going on.

Jake Cole was my MoM keeping us in it. He pulled off a couple of blinding saves and saved the penalty. Discipline wasn't great with three yellows (?) but no reds thank goodness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:30 pm

Freathy wrote:
Make no mistake we will be continuosly be relying on other results going our way as the run in begins. And Cobblers look like getting a comfortable win today. The league table will still look very bleak at 5:00 pm today.

And another one wrong . "comfortable win " . Keep it up Frothy and keep away from the bookies .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:32 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Have to say it was a scrappy match with more them than us. Green Army was superb, sang all the way through and even shut up their drum. Some very witty singing going on.

Jake Cole was my MoM keeping us in it. He pulled off a couple of blinding saves and saved the penalty. Discipline wasn't great with three yellows (?) but no reds thank goodness.

Great to hear The Green Army did well . I hope you enjoyed your trip .
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:23 pm

Sounds like we went for a point and got lucky, which is kind of disappointing. Some games we're gonna need to take the initiative and this game sounded like one of them with neither side starting too brightly. That said, I would've taken a point before today after the Rovers game so congrats to the lads for ending the year in 91st. A serious improvement at home will be needed if we're to finish 90th or better.

greengenes wrote:
Have you considered offereing your services to The Club ? It needs all the help it can get .

This doesn't sound good at all. What help does the Club actually need?

I know the Club (fans) are £millions in debt but are we desperate?

I would've thought once James has appointed his Board we'd be in pretty good shape off the pitch?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:49 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Sounds like we went for a point and got lucky, which is kind of disappointing. Some games we're gonna need to take the initiative and this game sounded like one of them with neither side starting too brightly. That said, I would've taken a point before today after the Rovers game so congrats to the lads for ending the year in 91st. A serious improvement at home will be needed if we're to finish 90th or better.

greengenes wrote:
Have you considered offereing your services to The Club ? It needs all the help it can get .

I would've thought once James has appointed his Board we'd be in pretty good shape off the pitch?.

Are you saying bringing in PP would be desperate ? He's a winner dontcha know ?
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:25 pm

Freathy wrote:
Well, we end 2011 in the lofty position of 23rd in L2 by 1 point. Play-offs here we come jocolor jocolor

I wonder if we'll ever get out of the bottom 2, even if only for a few days, before May?

Well i see on another thread you have changed your prediction to relagated by easter.

at the beggining of the season you said christmas. you seem to be getting hell of alot wrong lately
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Disregard how anyone played today and look at what the record books will show. It was a point away from home which in anyone's book has to be a good point. I remember the angst of the Southampton faithful when Argyle beat them 0 - 1 on the first day of last season. We only had one shot and they had loads. Now is that a plus for our striker and a negative for their's. Record book says 0 - 1 and nobody will remember how it was achieved in a while. The plus today was that a couple of other clubs are beginning to be dragged into the mix at the bottom. The more clubs in that mix the better from our perspective. I have always said that as long as Argyle get something out of a game then I don't care how crap they are and it is all the more relevant now in their current position. Being crap at Aldershot is ok despite the travelling faithful. If they go away and have a 0 - 0 for the rest of the season I would be ok with that as long as they win more than they lose at Home Park. Torquay won't be easy on Monday that's for sure but it must give more confidence to the terraces and the team that they meet them with no losses in 5 now. If they were adrift at the bottom I would be less confident but it shows there are sides equally poor in this league as we have been. They are still reletively poor results wise whereas ours have improved. Always look on the bright side of life............
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:01 am

125+1 wrote:
Well i see on another thread you have changed your prediction to relagated by easter.

at the beggining of the season you said christmas. you seem to be getting hell of alot wrong lately

Of course, there isn't relegation at Christmas, but if there was... Freathy would have been right wouldn't he?

And I wouldn't gloat too much yet.. We might still be relegated, in which case, technically, Freathy will have been correct yet again!
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:40 am

greengenes wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

greengenes wrote:

Are you saying bringing in PP would be desperate ? He's a winner dontcha know ?

It was a simple question. What help does the Club need?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:08 am

A good point.

It is worrying though, that during our best run all season we're yet to leave the relegation spots.

Plenty to do yet to convince me that we'll stay up. At the moment I think it all rests entirely on how much is invested this month. Get yer wallet out James!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:31 am

Perception is a funny old thing. You can look at our 5 match unbeaten run and say, yeah, gotta be happy with that.

On the flip side you can look at the 'performances' and still be very worried. We've had just 90 good minutes of late - first half against Northampton, and 2nd half against Rovers. The rest, to say the least, hasn't been pretty.

That said, it would still be astonishing if we were to go down. We have a multi-millionaire owner who has openly stated he will do what is neccesary in terms of funds, to get us back to where we belong. How many other teams around us have that?

So yeah, if Brent simply does what he says he will do, I can't see anything other than comfortable progression to a position of lower mid-table by May. Surely that is a realistic and feasible target, given the funding available.

If, come April, we are still fighting to beat the drop, something has gone seriously, seriously wrong.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4