Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just back from Aldershot...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Just back from Aldershot... Empty
PostSubject: Just back from Aldershot...   Just back from Aldershot... EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 7:28 pm

Only today decided that I am going to every remaining away match this season, the last few have been proper football away days and have really enjoyed them.

Just got home from the coach and thought I would post my thoughts on the game...

Very brief as I'm on my phone but some thoughts...

I went up today and I'm coming away very pleased with a point.

I think today we proved we can pick up points against a side not that near the bottom.

I'm especially pleased because Aldershot really picked it up after half time and we seemed to deal with most of what they gave us.

We didn't really do much in the second half and were playing to deep, but the defenders did well to deal with the attacks, Berry and Bhasera had very good games.

The only player that really dissapointed (again) was Atkinson, didn't seem to have a clue, Luke Young rarely saw the ball but did better than Atkinson again.

The biggest positive today was Jake Cole, just improving every week and making some jaw dropping saves. He kept us in it today with a save from the spot and one near the end.

Every side in the league is going to finish poorly at some stage but to be honest, Aldershot did not miss that many guilt edge chances. Our defenders sat to deep and the mistake they made was not taking advantage of the easy attempts from the edge of the area. Jake Cole made some fantastic saves, but fantastic saves are made every week including against the very best teams.

I thought we did try and get it on the floor and play earlier in the match, but we realised that it was going to be a physical game and some hard challenges and the poor ref stopped the flow, and I dont like it, but I thought we played hoof ball to good effect.

I was praying to god Fletcher would smell the coffee and take Atkinson off, he cant pass, go forward or cross, waste of space. Young did much better and did 10 times what Atkinson did in 1 match with his first touch on the ball by crossing it well into Chadwick.

Soukouna didn't impress me, looked rather awkward, won 1 header and did not look match fit. A failed attempt at an overhead kick nearly created an opening for them. Cant understand why Hourihane went off, Soukouna should have been in defence.

However, I dont care how crap we play as long as we continue to put points on the board.

5 games unbeaten now, we are improving, gonna have to step it up against TUFC but all in all, a very good point and 5 games unbeaten.

Onwards and upwards

P.s. Green army superb today
Back to top Go down

Just back from Aldershot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back from Aldershot...   Just back from Aldershot... EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:50 pm

jocolor
Back to top Go down

Just back from Aldershot...
Page 1 of 1