Czarcasm
PlymptonPilgrim
Dougie
Chemical Ali
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:27 pm

just got a pm on there about this meet

text yes for open it

or

text no for delete it

im not fussed about anymore debates on there today so ill let you guys decide
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:41 pm

Phenom wrote:

text yes for open it

or

text no for delete it

But, will you look at what the majority go for and then choose your own option anyway ala forza whatsit?? Wink

I say tell us all what it says or is that illegal? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Phenom wrote:

text yes for open it

or

text no for delete it

But, will you look at what the majority go for and then choose your own option anyway ala forza whatsit?? Wink

still havent opened it and yes i will do what the people want as i dont care either way whats in the email i gather its another invited to meet or another post calling me all sorts.

if the folk want i;ll paste it here as i say i care not anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Phenom wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Phenom wrote:

text yes for open it

or

text no for delete it

still havent opened it and yes i will do what the people want as i dont care either way whats in the email i gather its another invited to meet or another post calling me all sorts.

I say post it up! With the name of who sent it you in bold and clear lol!
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:40 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Strange that wealthy local businessmen/fans don't want to run the club...they always have in the past. Anyroad The Pres and IJN will do to be going on with.

Charlie, no problem with people naming the names of the ones they feel want more than they are entitled to, but it doesn't help lumping all the other former CPers and GTs in with it.

Damon, would you be of the same opinion of myself and at a guess many other people on here that the way IJN and Webb are now lording it up when there were infact many other people who did just as much if not more than them in saving the club, is actually leaving a bit of a sour taste?

And to be cheeky is there any consideration from yourself in providing any future investment again in the club? Maybe a consortium mark 2? Not an attempt at causing issues it's a genuine question, feel free to respond to both my questions by PM if you feel you'd rather.

Charlie - At the risk of being shouted down by the majority of posters on ATD, I believe that Chris earned the recognition by his constant efforts during the Administration. He has also been given a title that has no historical job description and has always been given as an honorary title. There were indeed many people who gave and continue to give their time, and again we get back to the dangerous subject of people doing what they can. But 2 men who have given as much as anyone and actually shun the limelight are Gary and Mark. In a way their work has been recognised by the club working closely with the GTs in current and future events.

There will be no future investment from me. I was made bankrupt in Feb. 2010 (discharged Feb.2011) and HMRC in their infinite wisdom decided that I was not fit to be a Director for 7 years. Thats what happens when you pay all the little men at the expense of the Revenue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:48 pm

The green taverners already have a job, their fanfests etc, and if Mr Newell is to be believed regarding travel, they haven't got time to do the work they do now.

Let's be honest here, those that 'head' the main bodies that have had the most publicity over the admin period are vying for influence.
All three bodies are newcomers and non traditional.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:52 pm

PP I can assure you that Gary, Mark and Bill are not after anything. All they want to do is to help. I know you don't believe they should, I have said I respect that position.... but they are really not looking for anything from Mr Brent other than a working relationship that allows them to raise money for the good of the Club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:06 am

The trouble is we hear exactly the same things from the Axis of Ego.
And yet they are openly trying to hem in the Trust and the Plymouth Supporters' association, and not in a very nice way with their Diki Leaks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:15 am

Yea Man wrote:
Phenom wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Phenom wrote:

text yes for open it

or

text no for delete it

I say post it up! With the name of who sent it you in bold and clear lol!

still unread
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:56 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Strange that wealthy local businessmen/fans don't want to run the club...they always have in the past. Anyroad The Pres and IJN will do to be going on with.

Charlie, no problem with people naming the names of the ones they feel want more than they are entitled to, but it doesn't help lumping all the other former CPers and GTs in with it.

Damon, would you be of the same opinion of myself and at a guess many other people on here that the way IJN and Webb are now lording it up when there were infact many other people who did just as much if not more than them in saving the club, is actually leaving a bit of a sour taste?

And to be cheeky is there any consideration from yourself in providing any future investment again in the club? Maybe a consortium mark 2? Not an attempt at causing issues it's a genuine question, feel free to respond to both my questions by PM if you feel you'd rather.

Charlie - At the risk of being shouted down by the majority of posters on ATD, I believe that Chris earned the recognition by his constant efforts during the Administration. He has also been given a title that has no historical job description and has always been given as an honorary title. There were indeed many people who gave and continue to give their time, and again we get back to the dangerous subject of people doing what they can. But 2 men who have given as much as anyone and actually shun the limelight are Gary and Mark. In a way their work has been recognised by the club working closely with the GTs in current and future events.

There will be no future investment from me. I was made bankrupt in Feb. 2010 (discharged Feb.2011) and HMRC in their infinite wisdom decided that I was not fit to be a Director for 7 years. Thats what happens when you pay all the little men at the expense of the Revenue.

Thanks for that Damon, as I said the investment wasn't a snipe it was a genuine question. I personally feel that's a shame because you actually went out of your way at matches to engage with the fans and took time to speak to them no matter what answer you got back good or bad....some people could take a leaf out of your book jocolor
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:40 pm

I see the next gropu targeted before the 14th, after the questioning of the Plymouth Supporters Branch bank balance, is the Vice President Club. The usual questioning about "What did you do during the takeover?". Wonder if they will be invited to the fan reps table or if they do will they be made to wear sackcloth and ashes for going AWOL when the dogs were unleashed.

Is it becoming a theme to cast doubt on exsisting fan group motives and actions?

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Dougie wrote:
I see the next gropu targeted before the 14th, after the questioning of the Plymouth Supporters Branch bank balance, is the Vice President Club. The usual questioning about "What did you do during the takeover?". Wonder if they will be invited to the fan reps table or if they do will they be made to wear sackcloth and ashes for going AWOL when the dogs were unleashed.

Is it becoming a theme to cast doubt on exsisting fan group motives and actions?

It's so transparent, it's pathetic. I looked yesterday and noted that the two interesting threads of the last couple of days were a). The not so subtle blaming of the M7 for present problems...started by IJN and b). The Fletcher manager poll...started by postie. Both Mods, CP's and persons of influence (well to the foot soldiers of the Pasoti battalions anyway).

So I popped across to see what Dougie was talking about. Now, who would you have thought started a thread like that. Surely Argyle supporters as a whole can't be so dim as to not be seeing the agenda unfolding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:32 pm

It's obvious and very divisive .... what Mr Newell in particular is up to.

Does anyone remember that chilling old footage of Saddam and his Bath Party meetings, when people were picked on and were last seen being led out of the hall. Then there was the Yeltsin moment when he turned on Gorbachev. Obviously I am not comapring the crimes of these occurences with Argyle goings on, but the methodology in this 'fans' battle' is very, very similar, and it is no surprise to me that other fans have twigged the Stalinesque style. If I were a mamber or officer of the Plymouth Supporters' Association I would be livid. Who do these people think they are ?

It will do the club no good whatsoever, this sort of thing. He's not the most popular of fellows with many at the club as it is, and more of this sort of thing can only make matters worse. I can only assume that the vigour employed signals that the prize on offer may well be a little more substantial than publicly billed so far.
Could it get much worse ? .... probably not, but then many on here, and others of course, have long predicted a fall out once the sale was complete. The only bit of luck to land on our doorstep is Warnock's sacking. Surely, every effort should be made to ask him to give us his services until the end of the season... no way would he fail in this particular situation. the cost would be minimal compared to dropping to Non league. You have to ride your luck when it comes your way. Move over Fletcher, we need a real manager, not a hasbeen and an Argyle Jonah who is plainly trying to learn on the job, and failing miserably. We're as badly off now as we were when he took up the job. He's brought in 5 of his players, and it's still relegation material.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Dougie wrote:

Just said the VPs were next in line....to be met within seconds with a few insults and moved to terraces.

All very predictable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:19 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Just said the VPs were next in line....to be met within seconds with a few insults and moved to terraces.

All very predictable.

You should change your avatar to a car parking bay. Then they'd have to make up another one liner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:22 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Dougie wrote:

All very predictable.

I believe you're being badly advised, PP No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:27 pm

I thought Newell was the vice president?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:29 pm

I've still no idea what Saturday's meeting is about.

Will some sort of agenda/information be available beforehand?

Is it about progress on and off the pitch since the takeover?

Is it about future plans?

Is it about JB's ideas on fan involvement?

Is it about all of the above?

How long is the meeting? 90 mins?

Whatever it's about, there won't be much time for questions!

I await the outcome with interest!

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I thought Newell was the vice president?

Snigger, snigger
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:50 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

I think I read that CW is chairing the meeting?

With the current attacks on various supporter groups I wonder if the fans representation will come from each group (I think John Lloyd has talked about a federation previously). The discreditation of groups might push them out of the picture.

With the latest M7 thread, it seems attention is trying to be deflected away from the fact that we are bottom, striuggling and not signing players (I wonder if JB is a bit worried).
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

I think I read that CW is chairing the meeting?

With the current attacks on various supporter groups I wonder if the fans representation will come from each group (I think John Lloyd has talked about a federation previously). The discreditation of groups might push them out of the picture.

With the latest M7 thread, it seems attention is trying to be deflected away from the fact that we are bottom, striuggling and not signing players (I wonder if JB is a bit worried).

If he (James) is, then he is quite welcome to speak to me, or anyone else on ATD. I'm sure we can help!

Chris has responded to me on another site and has confirmed that the 90 minute meeting is about all of the above.

As (a professional) Chair, I wish him (Chris) luck. Not a lot of time fo Q&As.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:03 pm

Seeing as Chris doesn't post here below are his thoughts about Saturday

Quote :
James Brent has this morning asked me to Chair Saturdays meeting on behalf of the Club. This should ease any fears that you or anyone else has about any individuals or organisations dominating proceedings.

I will knock about some ideas for the Q&A later in the week but it will be far more informal than previous trust meetings (mainly because we aren't trying to force an administrator into a corner or fighting for the future of our Club). That said the meeting is vital and will cover both on/off the field issues with updates from James Brent on both before supporters have the chance to ask questions in an open environment.

No prior submission of questions. Hands up on the day and away we go.........

Altogether Now :-

Hands Up Baby Hands Up
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Here you are!

Quote :
What is the meeting about? Supporters Engagement, Current Position of Club (off the field), Update (on and off the field), Update on signings (if any), Governence / Management of Club, Update on board.

Is there an agenda/pre information available? Being finalised as we speak.

Is it about progress on and off the pitch since the takeover? Yes

Is it about future plans? Yes

Is it about JB's ideas on fan involvement? Yes

Is it about all of the above? Yes

How long is the meeting? 90 mins? Yes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:59 pm

I wonder if now is really the time for another Webb and Newell coronation? People want answers to questions more important than how Brent intends to engage with supporters. There is such a thing as over exposure and more and more people will tire of these two.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:31 pm

You can guarantee the agenda has already been set by Brent, there will indeed by an occassional awkward question to make it look good..

Perhaps someone can ask Brent how much HE has put into the club, remind him we are 3 points adrift at the bottom & time is running out.
Any of the 'he gets it' drivel needs to be met by the phrase 'fine words butter no parsnips' mate, get your wallet out & SORT IT OUT.

The 'euphoria' that will surround the announcement of some board members & CEO (3mths late) will be lost when Burton hammer us 3 nil (lets hope they dont) - but dont worry we arent going downn. lol!

CLUELESS & DOOMED until the amateur way the club is run gets resolved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent's party on 14th
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next