Dougie
Chemical Ali
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:43 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
You can guarantee the agenda has already been set by Brent, there will indeed by an occassional awkward question to make it look good..

Perhaps someone can ask Brent how much HE has put into the club, remind him we are 3 points adrift at the bottom & time is running out.
Any of the 'he gets it' drivel needs to be met by the phrase 'fine words butter no parsnips' mate, get your wallet out & SORT IT OUT.

The 'euphoria' that will surround the announcement of some board members & CEO (3mths late) will be lost when Burton hammer us 3 nil (lets hope they dont) - but dont worry we arent going downn. lol!

CLUELESS & DOOMED until the amateur way the club is run gets resolved.

Ain't that the truth !
Back to top Go down
Bodmin Tew

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:02 pm

You can guarantee the agenda has already been set by Brent, there will indeed by an occassional awkward question to make it look good..

Perhaps someone can ask Brent how much HE has put into the club, remind him we are 3 points adrift at the bottom & time is running out.
Any of the 'he gets it' drivel needs to be met by the phrase 'fine words butter no parsnips' mate, get your wallet out & SORT IT OUT.

The 'euphoria' that will surround the announcement of some board members & CEO (3mths late) will be lost when Burton hammer us 3 nil (lets hope they dont) - but dont worry we arent going downn. lol!

Isn't getting the money out, or at least getting things on tick without any basis as to how to pay for it how we got ourselves into this mess?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:09 pm

Bogsider wrote:
I wonder if now is really the time for another Webb and Newell coronation? People want answers to questions more important than how Brent intends to engage with supporters. There is such a thing as over exposure and more and more people will tire of these two.

I am tired already, Web out Newell out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Bodmin Tew wrote:

Isn't getting the money out, or at least getting things on tick without any basis as to how to pay for it how we got ourselves into this mess?

Brent isn't short of a bob or two and by God we'll know all about mess when we're trying to run a 'professional' outfit in the BSP.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:31 pm

Bodmin Tew wrote:

No. It was Stapes and co getting greedy. They should have invited in investment at the very least, or preferably looked to sell at a run by fans for fans price.

Even Brent, probably primed by P Jones has recognised we cannot compete in the Championship without real outside investment.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:35 pm

All that happens is say brent will lend the club 500k at 10% interest - thats how clubs work mate - directors loan it money at prefertial rates (ie more than the high street). this is how i believe it works, i stand to be corrected....... problems oinly occurr when people want their money back. go down & we're f**ked mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Bodmin Tew wrote:

No. It was Stapes and co getting greedy. They should have invited in investment at the very least, or preferably looked to sell at a run by fans for fans price.

Even Brent, probably primed by P Jones has recognised we cannot compete in the Championship without real outside investment.

Agree, it was Stapes et al selling all our best players for an immediate cash injection and then replacing them with crocks and mediocre journeymen on ridiculously long contracts and high salaries. Although the Aviva's will tell you that its all our fault for making Stapes spend money . jocolor
Back to top Go down
Bodmin Tew

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:12 pm

Bogsider wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Bodmin Tew wrote:

Agree, it was Stapes et al selling all our best players for an immediate cash injection and then replacing them with crocks and mediocre journeymen on ridiculously long contracts and high salaries. Although the Aviva's will tell you that its all our fault for making Stapes spend money . jocolor

I absolutely agree that Stapes & Co should have understood their limitations and of course the WC bid was a waste of money, but we are where we are. We simply cannot go on spending money that we are not raising. Brent has gone out of his way to say that the club will be run with this in mind. I don't see anything in his behaviour so far to contradict this and therefore fail to see why the anger is being directed at him all of a sudden.

Brent has already admitted that this approach can only take you so far and that another stage of investment would be required in the CCC and he probably isn't the person to do that. Let's worry about that when we get there Smile

For all people's viewpoints on Chris and Ian, James Brent has never promised a spending spree. I don't think he's going to change his mind now. Having said that I do think that one or two experienced additions, coupled importantly with good organisation and no sending offs please and we are still good enough to not be relegated.

Every week that goes by is a week les we have to pay Walton and Johnson. If we can remain in L2 when their contracts finish then with our crowds being healthier than average we'll be in a position to repair the damage that the 7 have inflicted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:17 pm

Bodmin Tew wrote:
Bogsider wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Bodmin Tew wrote:

I absolutely agree that Stapes & Co should have understood their limitations and of course the WC bid was a waste of money, but we are where we are. We simply cannot go on spending money that we are not raising. Brent has gone out of his way to say that the club will be run with this in mind. I don't see anything in his behaviour so far to contradict this and therefore fail to see why the anger is being directed at him all of a sudden.

Brent has already admitted that this approach can only take you so far and that another stage of investment would be required in the CCC and he probably isn't the person to do that. Let's worry about that when we get there Smile

For all people's viewpoints on Chris and Ian, James Brent has never promised a spending spree. I don't think he's going to change his mind now. Having said that I do think that one or two experienced additions, coupled importantly with good organisation and no sending offs please and we are still good enough to not be relegated.

Every week that goes by is a week les we have to pay Walton and Johnson. If we can remain in L2 when their contracts finish then with our crowds being healthier than average we'll be in a position to repair the damage that the 7 have inflicted.

Another stage of investment? There needs to be some investment before we can have another stage.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Bodmin Tew wrote:
Bogsider wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Bodmin Tew wrote:

When Brent first arrived he said something along the lines of, 'This is a big club and we will provide the level of investment needed to get it back where it belongs'.

The next few weeks are crucial. Fail to invest now and the consequences are almost certainly relegation out of the football league. A proper manager with enough time and money to get some decent players into the club is what is required, not Napoleon rattling buckets and Webb unfurling flags.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:40 pm

I just read this on the BBC web-site, quoting Mr Brent.
"There's been some frustration amongst fans, and I can understand it, in that when there's a gap people expect it to be filled the following day.

"When Peter Ridsdale left my telephone was hot with people offering to come and fill his shoes and it would be very easy to have made an announcement the following day.

"But the football industry seems to take very quick decisions and they seem to get quite a high percentage of those decisions quite wrong," Brent explained.

"I can see the reason for that in terms of the pressure of the season timetable and people feeling they have to move very, very quickly, but I'm not totally convinced that moving quickly and making the wrong decisions is the right approach."

I like his style. If he manages to pull it off, I will like it even more. Running around like a headless chicken typifies so much of fans' response to problems. It's good to see someone taking a more measured approach.

But if he gets it wrong, as others on here have said, then a single season out of the league is not what will necessarily happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:52 pm

funny man wrote:
"There's been some frustration amongst fans, and I can understand it, in that when there's a gap people expect it to be filled the following day.

"When Peter Ridsdale left my telephone was hot with people offering to come and fill his shoes and it would be very easy to have made an announcement the following day.

"But the football industry seems to take very quick decisions and they seem to get quite a high percentage of those decisions quite wrong," Brent explained.

"I can see the reason for that in terms of the pressure of the season timetable and people feeling they have to move very, very quickly, but I'm not totally convinced that moving quickly and making the wrong decisions is the right approach."

I like his style. If he manages to pull it off, I will like it even more. Running around like a headless chicken typifies so much of fans' response to problems. It's good to see someone taking a more measured approach.

But if he gets it wrong, as others on here have said, then a single season out of the league is not what will necessarily happen.

i wonder if he had help before hand with his answers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:54 pm

funny man wrote:

i wonder if he had help before hand with his answers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:09 pm

funny man wrote:

I can't say I agree with you there FM. It all sounds like Keith Todd and his patient businessmen speech on Radio Devon one cold night a year or two back.
It's been 3 months !!!!! ..... things are declining after the briefest of honeymoons .... he had months of contingency planning apparently. How long does it take to appoint a couple of people to run a L2 football club when most of the backroom staff are already in place ?
In fact his words worry me so much, I even wonder in my darkest moments if Nool has applied for the Ridsdale job, being a mate 'n all. affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:25 pm

If Nool is unveiled as Director, the "dogs of war", Laughing (I still can't take that shit seriously) will be nothing to the grief that gets unleashed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:26 pm

How are "things declining"? We were on an unbeaten run and we lost on Saturday. We were unfortunate that other results also went against us. Hey ho!

There has been an improvement. New signings have come in. They may not be Lionel Messi or Wayne Rooney (perish the thought) but they have been what is available to a bottom of the table club in deep doo-doo. If he pulls any attractive bunny out of the hat on Saturday or next week then I will be even more impressed.

I shall stop saying this but, given that we all may have reservations about how hard a deal he pushed through to buy the club, he is doing what he said he would do. Let's hope it works otherwise an away at Forest Green here we come.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:31 pm

funny man wrote:
How are "things declining"? We were on an unbeaten run and we lost on Saturday. We were unfortunate that other results also went against us. Hey ho!

There has been an improvement. New signings have come in. They may not be Lionel Messi or Wayne Rooney (perish the thought) but they have been what is available to a bottom of the table club in deep doo-doo. If he pulls any attractive bunny out of the hat on Saturday or next week then I will be even more impressed.

I shall stop saying this but, given that we all may have reservations about how hard a deal he pushed through to buy the club, he is doing what he said he would do. Let's hope it works otherwise an away at Forest Green here we come.

It doesn't BGB thinking about. Only for the dull and the ignorant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:32 pm

PS I bet Mr Newell is sat reading this and laughing his cobs off at the conspiracy theories blazing away on here. There is no way that such a dangerous loon would be given any sort of advisory role! No way!

Of course, I might be wrong and if I am I will take the Tom Lehrer (look him up if you're too young to remember) route when Kissinger was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:42 pm

You're right FM, there's a real danger, because of a lot of factors around the club, that some of us could be seen as wishing for failure. Whatever our reservations we must hope that the path Brent is following will prove the saving of us. We surely ALL want the club to win every game.

Won't stop me pointing out the things wot make me cross though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent's party on 14th
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8