Go down 
+2
Coxside_Green
merse
6 posters
AuthorMessage
merse

Newell & His Stalinism Empty
PostSubject: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:03 pm

I started reading your forum the other evening after the recent Argyle v Torquay game at Home Park and some incedulously arrogant posting on PASOTI. I "admin" a Torquay United site for Capital Gulls and others who wish to join us ~ being a small club with a small following it follows that it in turn has a "select" band of members and fair to say we have little sympathy for Argyle or the plight you are in.............don't take that to heart; it's just football's way of not really liking your local rivals that much! Wink

Ian Newell has been a long standing, piss taking contributor to various Torquay United forums for years and indeed Exeter City and was totally up himself during the years of both City and United being in the Conference and delighted in posting as a supporter of "Devon's Only League Club" ~ arrogant, but no problem really as he was only showing his blinkered view of life that precluded next season's probablilty of us both being in the League whilst you quite clearly not being there with us..............oh well ~ what goes round comes round eh?

Having been banned from another Gulls site (Torquayfans.com) by his fellow Stalinist traveller Dave Floyd of Southampton and then the TFF site too, I set up Beyond the Penn Inn Roundabout and soon attracted some fellow "lepers" .
Anyway, here is a transcript of a posting I have made on our site tonight regarding the fat fool Newell and his attitudes following an exchange of PMs between us:

Newell really does believe himself to be some sort of "Stalin"

I posted a few replies in response to some typically arrogant statements on PASOTI and he reckons that as a "guest" I can only post on their "banter Board" known as "Terraces" which effectively means that replies cannot be made to the deluded who still cling to the "Argyle Are Big" school.

Have a look at this exchange when I responded to an enquiry as to whether they had a "sell on clause" should Peter Noone be sold by Brighton and I suggested it might be 0.077%:

From Newell: This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=1084092#p1084092 .Yet another transgression. Please keep banter for the Terraces.You are a guest here, please obey our rules!

My reply: Mr Newell you are incredibly pompous. What exactly defines "banter"?
It seems to be anything you object to being stated. I would argue that suggesting a sell on clause of 0.077% would be the morally acceptable thing to do as that was what has been imposed on so many small creditors of your football club.
So do I take it that anything replied to something posted on the "Argyle" board can only stay there if YOU like the postings ~ I merely replied to the subjects on the board they were placed by the opening posters; if YOU move the original threads to another board then that is where the answers will have to go but if you don't move them then what you are saying is that only replies that meet with your approval can be allowed...............that is Stalinism isn't it?

To which he replied: Possibly old chap.
Now be a good lad and stay off anything but Terraces.
That way A) we can avoid your puerile posts and b) you can enjoy our fine website.

I can feel another ban coming up!

Good luck with your site and it's ethos of free speech and free thinking ~ as we say on ours: "To disagree is not to imply disrespect"

Last edited by merse on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:10 pm

I used to drink in the Penn Inn underage, and go to the Starbase disco in Torquay. In fact had my end away with a couple of loose girls in an alleyway when I was about 15. Not at the same time I should add.
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:14 pm

greenjock wrote:
I used to drink in the Penn Inn underage, and go to the Starbase disco in Torquay. In fact had my end away with a couple of loose girls in an alleyway when I was about 15. Not at the same time I should add.

Daddy?

I am 59 by the way! scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:18 pm

Welcome Merse.
You actually raise a very good point we were discussing today on our main forum ....ie: how to try and keep the Pasoti bore effect from taking up too much room on our website. Some of us do have a penchant to perhaps trying to put all posts that are obviously banter on to our Blk 17 forum. Your post has just given a very good example of how easy it is to use the two different forums to effect a mild censorship procedure that has been used on Pasoti for years.. It's not easy being green, it's even harder being green and ATD, but it must be much harder being yellow all these years.
Your drummer was pretty fair on Monday, and I think I heard two to good ffect on occasion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:24 pm

Is this the merse who pissed off Newell?? cheers

You silly silly man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:40 pm

merse wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Daddy?

I am 59 by the way! scratch

No she said she was your daughter Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:50 pm

greenjock wrote:

What's the name of that pub which only sells cider in Nabbut?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:52 pm

It seems there is no getting away from this "HATE PASOTI" theme is there when even other clubs supporters get in on the act as well. I thought there was a decision to let it all go and move on? He is not Stalin either. That would imply a level of intelligence to secure and run a Country and as he is more like Maureen Moron then that is very unlikely. Don't give him any tag he clearly does not deserve.

Incidently not all greens think the other two clubs in this fair County should be condemned to the BSP and not all greens think we are superior. I for one don't consider, notwithstanding the current league positions, that Argyle are bigger or smaller than anyone else. We all just "are" and I wish all clubs in Devon success unless playing us of course.
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:01 pm

[quote="Tiberius"]
greenjock wrote:

The Cider Bar believe it or not and I was born at the back of it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:06 pm

[quote="merse"]
Tiberius wrote:
greenjock wrote:

The Cider Bar! Now there was a pub. I went to a boarding school near Dawlish and we used to go into Nabbut some nights and have a couple of halves in there and there was usually someone in there you could buy a smoke off of. The journey back to school in the minibus was always interesting Razz More than once spent the entire journey back puking out of the tiny back window. Memories.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:07 pm

[quote="greenjock"]
merse wrote:
Tiberius wrote:
greenjock wrote:

The Cider Bar! Now there was a pub. I went to a boarding school near Dawlish and we used to go into Nabbut some nights and have a couple of halves in there and there was usually someone in there you could buy a smoke off of. The journey back to school in the minibus was always interesting Razz More than once spent the entire journey back puking out of the tiny back window. Memories.

I once spent an entire day out on the piss in Nabbut and that place was the highlight, I have photos of us out the back. Now your telling me you were born there. Grr Sad
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:33 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It seems there is no getting away from this "HATE PASOTI" theme is there when even other clubs supporters get in on the act as well. I thought there was a decision to let it all go and move on?

I dont think anybody here 'hates' PASOTI but many have issues with the way it's moderated, it's clearly being censored to stifle debate. The big question is why?

Given we're 92nd and now losing pace with our rivals, we have an inexperienced owner, we have no Board of Directors and no CEO. The only person in any 'official' capacity to advise our inexperienced owner is our inexperienced manager. Unofficially, many fear the inexperienced double-act of IJN & CW are giving advice under the umbrella of 'fans reps', if so then the need to debate in full is essential. Until full debate is allowed on the fans' largest website, it's unfortunate PASOTI/Mods will get more airtime here than is preferred as they need to be questioned and made accountable for their actions.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:58 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It seems there is no getting away from this "HATE PASOTI" theme is there when even other clubs supporters get in on the act as well. I thought there was a decision to let it all go and move on?

I dont think anybody here 'hates' PASOTI but many have issues with the way it's moderated, it's clearly being censored to stifle debate. The big question is why?

Given we're 92nd and now losing pace with our rivals, we have an inexperienced owner, we have no Board of Directors and no CEO. The only person in any 'official' capacity to advise our inexperienced owner is our inexperienced manager. Unofficially, many fear the inexperienced double-act of IJN & CW are giving advice under the umbrella of 'fans reps', if so then the need to debate in full is essential. Until full debate is allowed on the fans' largest website, it's unfortunate PASOTI/Mods will get more airtime here than is preferred as they need to be questioned and made accountable for their actions.

Don't forget the 'Trust in Stapes' years . If you werem't enjoying the ride and boasting 'look how far we've come', you werent ' a praaaaaper faaaaaan' !
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:19 am

Tringreen wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Don't forget the 'Trust in Stapes' years . If you werem't enjoying the ride and boasting 'look how far we've come', you werent ' a praaaaaper faaaaaan' !

Never forgotten. At least some debate was allowed back then until the 'done to death' line became the norm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:22 am

Life doesn't have to be them and us.........with snide remarks being the norm..........but obviously Mr Newell is just anti-everything that isn't pasoti.........I'm so thankful that there is a more friendly Argyle site to post on than pasoti and ATD, where people treat each other with respect and light hearted banter..........and it doesn't make them any less fervent in their support for Argyle. If you've had enough of the in fighting between so-called fans then pop over and see us.......some of us post on all three websites, it shouldn't be hard to find us......some use the same username......now thats a clue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:32 am

Hi Princerock/Plymborn, you are right and the other site is NOT606 if anyone wants to check it out. Small band of regulars, but very friendly banter.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:35 am

greenjock wrote:
Hi Princerock/Plymborn, you are right and the other site is NOT606 if anyone wants to check it out. Small band of regulars, but very friendly banter.

Send dane over there............... that'll sort 'em out !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:38 am

greenjock wrote:

You can't mention other sites on here FFS, what do you think this place is, a fekin advertising site FFS!

Mods Mods, place NOT606 on the swear checker please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:39 am

Tringreen wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Tringreen are you sure you want do do that? We have 2 women who mod the Argyle site and they keep us in check, big time! affraid Laughing

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:21 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Tringreen are you sure you want do do that? We have 2 women who mod the Argyle site and they keep us in check, big time! affraid Laughing

Jeeeez........... do you chaps all eat quiche too ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:26 pm

GOB wrote:
greenjock wrote:

You can't mention other sites on here FFS, what do you think this place is, a fekin advertising site FFS!

Mods Mods, place NOT606 on the swear checker please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post should be moved to Junior ATD and all posters given a final warning
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:19 pm

GOB wrote:
greenjock wrote:

You mean other than pasoti Laughing
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:26 pm

B jocolor ehave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newell & His Stalinism   Newell & His Stalinism Empty

Back to top Go down

Newell & His Stalinism
Page 1 of 1