Damon.Lenszner
Rickler
Freathy
Czarcasm
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:56 pm

So there we go. Ian has direct access to James. Bit of a bloody pointless meeting then as all the important things are being discussed behind closed doors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:05 pm

ZeeZan6 wrote:
All previous meetings have run smoothly, and been no problem at all, I don't understand the negtivity on this thread towards an open meeting that is yet to happen.

Bit in bold - I obviously can not talk on behalf of anyone. Ian seems to have direct access to talk to James Brent should he wish to ask him any questions, therefor, I would assume that Chris would chose the other person with their hand up to have probably their only chance to ask JB a direct question..

Firstly, I agree with your general point about the likely selection of a "stranger" over Mr Newell.

But just because a meeting runs "smoothly" it doesn't mean it's a "good" meeting. I have sat in many meetings and conferences where the meeting has run so "smoothly" it has been a waste of time because nothing of substance has been dealt with. It's a bit like a family who never communicate with each other, neither to express love nor anger, but sit there smiling vapidly. And to the rest of the world everything appears to be fine whilst under the surface there is a turmoil of unsatisfied needs. Of course, a meeting that degenerates into everyone trying to talk at the same time is also stupid. The chair's job is to enable and allow the expression of contrary views in a safe way. If I manage to make it, I will be interested to see what the room manages.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Yep, it's a rally, a get to know you coffee morning.
I predict polite applause just like all the other meetings that affected nothing. A golden opportunity to get lots of people together to sell them a product or an idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:17 pm

funny man wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:
All previous meetings have run smoothly, and been no problem at all, I don't understand the negtivity on this thread towards an open meeting that is yet to happen.

Bit in bold - I obviously can not talk on behalf of anyone. Ian seems to have direct access to talk to James Brent should he wish to ask him any questions, therefor, I would assume that Chris would chose the other person with their hand up to have probably their only chance to ask JB a direct question..

Firstly, I agree with your general point about the likely selection of a "stranger" over Mr Newell.

But just because a meeting runs "smoothly" it doesn't mean it's a "good" meeting. I have sat in many meetings and conferences where the meeting has run so "smoothly" it has been a waste of time because nothing of substance has been dealt with. It's a bit like a family who never communicate with each other, neither to express love nor anger, but sit there smiling vapidly. And to the rest of the world everything appears to be fine whilst under the surface there is a turmoil of unsatisfied needs. Of course, a meeting that degenerates into everyone trying to talk at the same time is also stupid. The chair's job is to enable and allow the expression of contrary views in a safe way. If I manage to make it, I will be interested to see what the room manages.

Well that's the point I'm trying to make tbh, come judge for yourself, why make assumptions on something yet to happen... People are so irritating. You can't pull something apart if there is nothing there to pull
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:22 pm

ZeeZan6 wrote:
[Well that's the point I'm trying to make tbh, come judge for yourself, why make assumptions on something yet to happen... People are so irritating. You can't pull something apart if there is nothing there to pull

You are ZZ. You're asuming it's going to be fine. If you can't pull anything apart before an event, you certainly can't praise the idea either.
I assume there are lots of things you don't attend because you don't fancy what it's all about. Just take that feeling and asume other people have it as well. Then you'll understand... easy really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:42 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:
[Well that's the point I'm trying to make tbh, come judge for yourself, why make assumptions on something yet to happen... People are so irritating. You can't pull something apart if there is nothing there to pull

You are ZZ. You're asuming it's going to be fine. If you can't pull anything apart before an event, you certainly can't praise the idea either.
I assume there are lots of things you don't attend because you don't fancy what it's all about. Just take that feeling and asume other people have it as well. Then you'll understand... easy really.

Where have I praised what is yet to happen?
I have only stated how the other meetings have run.
If ppl wish to get along and ask some questions, I suggest they do, rather than moaning how they won't have the opportunity to speak, without even trying.
It's like me saying I'm not going to Tesco tomorrow because I know their customer service will be poor and they wont have the Tesco value rice I normally buy. Even though normally they are fully stocked with that particular rice and if its not there the staff are normally friendly.. but for some reason I think its going to be bad tomorrow, so I'm not going and I'm going to moan about how bad they are.
Makes no sense
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:45 pm

ZeeZan6 wrote:
funny man wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:

Well that's the point I'm trying to make tbh, come judge for yourself, why make assumptions on something yet to happen... People are so irritating. You can't pull something apart if there is nothing there to pull

Sorry, there is so much flak that goes back & forth, I'm not sure if you are saying I have already made my mind up by prejudging and pulling it apart. If that's not what you are saying, my apologies.

But, if it is what you are saying, my post was simply to express a hope that the meeting won't be an anodyne waste of time. And that there will be some balance between a sanitised order and messy open debate - both pro & anti. I actually wasn't judging an event before it happens. sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Bloody hell! This gets complicated don't it!
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:50 pm

I am hopeful that the meeting will stick to its purpose - to identify the best way of fans giving their input - and I also hope that the resolve is that Trust is the body that does that. I am sure Wozzer his team will do what they need to in order to get the nod from all attendees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
I am hopeful that the meeting will stick to its purpose - to identify the best way of fans giving their input - and I also hope that the resolve is that Trust is the body that does that. I am sure Wozzer his team will do what they need to in order to get the nod from all attendees.

Not an assumption that you know but do you mean you think it will be a properly open meeting with a proper debate? As opposed to statements from Brent about what he wants the fans' representations to be? I agree that the Trust should be the fans' voice to the club.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:26 pm

So, a 90 minute(?) meeting (assuming everyone can get in for the start), the topic of which nobody is quite sure about.

Sounds interesting!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:27 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Why does it take a meeting to work out that a democratically elected body is the best option? I suspect it's another chance for Webb to pretend he's important again, it's very very boring.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Encouraging, Damon, but I think that will only happen if other protaganists have already secured their positions further up the food chain. I also think it would be nigh on impossible to stick to the single issue of fan representation given our league position and the seeming inertia to get things sorted.
Back to top Go down
Bodmin Tew

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Remember though, no awkward questions because Brenty is a gentleman

From what I've seen you're right on the latter. I would guess that he hasn't got to where he is in the business world without being able to ask and answer difficult questions. Not very many owners in post attend open fans question & answer sessions, I would urge anyone who can attend who has a genuine question to go and face the person who owns this great club of ours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:47 pm

Like I said. I'm not going because I cannot spare the time.

The real reason is that whenever I question something, it's so I can be shouted down with the immortal words 'you had your chance to ask that on January 14th. Not my/our fault you weren't there'

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:52 pm

The meeting at The Pavilions with Guilfoyle and Ridsdale wasn't that great with the two question format.

The second question seemed to get answered first, and then they couldn't really remember the first question, so just made a statement around a similar subject.

There was no opportunity for rebuttle from the questioner so it moved on.

There were a few good questions, but most of them were skirted around.

The lack of time meant things had to be kept moving.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Like I said. I'm not going because I cannot spare the time.

The real reason is that whenever I question something, it's so I can be shouted down with the immortal words 'you had your chance to ask that on January 14th. Not my/our fault you weren't there'

Very Happy

lol!

You'd only get that on pasoti though, the prez doesn't like it ere anymore lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:00 pm

The best Q&A session's in the past were the ones on pasoti with Keith Todd and Tony Campbell. Everyone got to ask the question they wanted and everyone got an answer, maybe something ATD could look at doing in the future?
Back to top Go down
Bodmin Tew

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Yea Man wrote:
The best Q&A session's in the past were the ones on pasoti with Keith Todd and Tony Campbell. Everyone got to ask the question they wanted and everyone got an answer, maybe something ATD could look at doing in the future?

The problem with that set up is that you don't see the whites of the mans eyes. I appreciate that it is better than nothing but surely a good old face to face meeting beats anything on-line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Bodmin Tew wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

The problem with that set up is that you don't see the whites of the mans eyes. I appreciate that it is better than nothing but surely a good old face to face meeting beats anything on-line.

Certainly agree there. I think this meeting arranged for saturday just isn't the right set up. We need something longer where there is more time for questions but then we could have an all day meeting and that still couldn't be enough!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:14 pm

How about a democratically elected Trust leadership, who could meet with JB on a regular basis (say every two months, or monthly, or even more often if the situation warrants).......oh I see, that's what's the meetings about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Yea Man wrote:

The Keith Todd Q & A was a total waste of time, get more answers from my cuddly toy. Although says more about him than the method of communication I spose. If James Brent was to do that on Pasoti, it would work well, and would give those who couldn't attend Saturdays meeting a chance to ask a question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:32 pm

ZeeZan6 wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

The Keith Todd Q & A was a total waste of time, get more answers from my cuddly toy. Although says more about him than the method of communication I spose. If James Brent was to do that on Pasoti, it would work well, and would give those who couldn't attend Saturdays meeting a chance to ask a question.

Except for those who can neither attend on Saturday and are banned from Pasoti! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Cerbera wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Except for those who can neither attend on Saturday and are banned from Pasoti! Wink

and those who do not attend Saturday and have a life and get out more than us internet losers, and those who don't attend Saturday and do not have access to the internet.. etc.

Can't please everyone.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Please explain why with Todd you got more answers from a cuddly toy yet with Brent it would work well?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fan Meet on the 14th
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next