Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.

Go down 
+17
zyph
VillageGreen
tigertony
Les Miserable
Freathy
Richard Blight
Sir Francis Drake
Graham Clark
Rickler
Czarcasm
Tgwu
green_genie
akagreengull
Elias
Chemical Ali
sufferedsince 68
argyl3
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. Empty
PostSubject: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 4:33 pm

Hargreaves, Hodges and Veysey all placed on Gardening Leave after refusing to accept a 'significant' pay cut after the club was taken over:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 4:40 pm

They will be building houses up there soon..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 4:58 pm

Cant say i blame them to be honest i doubt they were on alot to begin with
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 6:27 pm

I reckon they'll go part time soon. I doubt if they will ever get back in to the football league, they've done well to last as long as they have.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 7:06 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I reckon they'll go part time soon. I doubt if they will ever get back in to the football league, they've done well to last as long as they have.

I think you're right Hugh, league football has gone forever from Torquay, it may also go before to long from Exeter and Plymouth! the longer Argyle drift along going nowhere in the fouth division the more likely they are to leave via the trapdoor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 7:15 pm

Torquay have done well to even be a league club for the majority of its life given how small the fanbase is compared to plymouth and exeter and the area its in which is basically a retirement home for black cab drivers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 9:50 am

I think the problem is that nobody is really that bothered about them, it must be the area. It affects us on a different which is why we have never achieved anything of note in all our years.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 12:49 pm

Sky sports have on their ticker today that torquay's youth development has been scrapped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 1:57 pm

How long till they start cutting the number of pros in the team.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 2:17 pm

A sad state of affairs.
Couldnt brent help them instead ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 2:25 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I think the problem is that nobody is really that bothered about them, it must be the area. It affects us on a different level which is why we have never achieved anything of note in all our years.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Am feeling fearful for the future club, could see a difficult situation unfolding after Thea Bristow stepped down as benefactor and club director.My experience has been over the last few seasons of attending a few games over each season is that the fanbase is rapidly shrinking - due to an ageing fanbase and the very low wages in the local economy.
There are rumours locally about the club being very close to administration - hope not, and yes has been confirmed by the BBC that the youth squad has been disbanded.A devastating and possibly short sighted decision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 2:50 pm

I wonder if argyle and exeter will start circling and picking up some of these kids let go and maybe one or two of the staff in the next coming weeks.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 2:57 pm

Elias wrote:
A sad state of affairs.

Torbay Council have had their fill of him at Oldway. No more freebies to be had.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 3:10 pm

green_genie wrote:
Elias wrote:
A sad state of affairs.

Torbay Council have had their fill of him at Oldway. No more freebies to be had.

Did I read that Torbay Council was thinking of selling the freehold of the ground to the club. If that happen it would be built on in no time.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 3:13 pm

[quote="Elias"]A sad state of affairs.

What given his track record in Plymouth and Paignton!
laugh

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 3:21 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Am feeling fearful for the future club, could see a difficult situation unfolding after Thea Bristow stepped down as benefactor and club director.My experience has been over the last few seasons of attending a few games over each season is that the fanbase is rapidly shrinking - due to an ageing fanbase and the very low wages in the local economy.
There are rumours locally about the club being very close to administration - hope not, and yes has been confirmed by the BBC that the youth squad has been disbanded.A devastating and possibly short sighted decision.

Admin?? I thought that Thea Bristow had effectively wrote off all existing debt, leaving them debt free??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 3:26 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Admin?? I thought that Thea Bristow had effectively wrote off all existing debt, leaving them debt free??

If the income levels going into the club are low and less than the outgoings its not difficult to fall into admin despite writing off debts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 9:58 am

Paul Cox is the new manager, not a bad appointment in all fairness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 10:03 am

Angry wrote:

Paul Cox is the new manager, not a bad appointment in all fairness.

Brent's bottom lip will be on the floor when he finds out that Torquay have managed to employ cheaper than we have.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 2:34 pm

Surely hargreaves would have been cheaper !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 4:22 pm

Kevin Nancewahteveritsspelt is back coaching the youth team. Argyle were quicker of the mark in getting him back than i thought they would.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 4:29 pm

Three people at least working on 'youth development'. Isn't that like a person per player?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 5:11 pm

Seale-Hayne training.

Plymouth Argyle and Torquay United have been holding discussions which could lead to the two clubs sharing the use of the Gulls' Seale-Hayne training ground.

The Gulls and the Pilgrims have been talking about a possible sharing agreement at the south Devon site since the recent takeover at Plainmoor by a consortium of Torquay United supporters.

It will be a long way for cleaner to go on his bike to watch the training
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 5:38 pm

I like to say to Mr Clark who said this on the farm site

For too many years the provisional of adequate training facilities for the club and its Youth set up has not reached the top of the 'must have'agenda for the club despite the occasional promise by Directors to find better facilities in the City area. It is ironic given that the football club is located within the largest park in the City

It is a PARK for all the rate payers of Plymouth to use and not have more fence off area of a park for the few.

That's it I am on holiday fishing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. Empty

Back to top Go down

Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next