Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.

Go down 
+17
zyph
VillageGreen
tigertony
Les Miserable
Freathy
Richard Blight
Sir Francis Drake
Graham Clark
Rickler
Czarcasm
Tgwu
green_genie
akagreengull
Elias
Chemical Ali
sufferedsince 68
argyl3
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 5:46 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Seale-Hayne training.

Plymouth Argyle and Torquay United have been holding discussions which could lead to the two clubs sharing the use of the Gulls' Seale-Hayne training ground.

The Gulls and the Pilgrims have been talking about a possible sharing agreement at the south Devon site since the recent takeover at Plainmoor by a consortium of Torquay United supporters.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It will be a long way for cleaner to go on his bike to watch the training

cleaner now thats a name ive not heard in a longtime.... plus i always thought turkey trained at newton abbot horseracing ground?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 6:26 pm

Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Seale-Hayne training.

Plymouth Argyle and Torquay United have been holding discussions which could lead to the two clubs sharing the use of the Gulls' Seale-Hayne training ground.

The Gulls and the Pilgrims have been talking about a possible sharing agreement at the south Devon site since the recent takeover at Plainmoor by a consortium of Torquay United supporters.

cleaner now thats a name ive not heard in a longtime.... plus i always thought turkey trained at newton abbot horseracing ground?

Cleaner is Pedro91 now on the farm and is in the owner pocket. I think he uses him as his own Jester.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 6:38 pm

Why don't they invest a little to improve the Harpers Park pitches? If they're travelling 60 miles every day to share four pitches with Torquay, then in terms of pitch numbers, they're no better off. So in real terms they're travelling 60 miles every day to get use of a gym (dozens in Plymouth and surrounds), a changing room, and a better pitch surface.

Just use what we'd be paying to improve what we've already got. Or is that too simplistic?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 6:38 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Seale-Hayne training.

Cleaner is Pedro91 now on the farm and is in the owner pocket. I think he uses him as his own Jester.

Didnt holloway banned him from the training ground for constantly putting training methods on forums?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Tgwu wrote:
Seale-Hayne training.

How is having a training ground thirty miles from HP a good idea? Whats Brents next masterplan, groundsharing with Torquay at Oldway Mansion?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 7:37 pm

that's so mental, it will probably happen drunken
Back to top Go down
Graham Clark

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 10:31 pm

Tgwu wrote:
I like to say to Mr Clark who said this on the farm site

For too many years the provisional of adequate training facilities for the club and its Youth set up has not reached the top of the 'must have'agenda for the club despite the occasional promise by Directors to find better facilities in the City area. It is ironic given that the football club is located within the largest park in the City

It is a PARK for all the rate payers of Plymouth to use and not have more fence off area of a park for the few.

That's it I am on holiday fishing

I have always been a strong advocate of enhancing the facilities for recreational purposes for future generations and not necessarily restricted to Council Tax payers in Plymouth and their families. For too many years successive elected Councils have failed to address the continuing neglect and failure to maintain the asset uniquely set in the heart of the City. The Life Centre is a welcome exception in terms of facilities offered as opposed to its aesthetic appeal and shows what can be done in the City with unbridled commitment to deliver

A football club that professes to be at the heart of community would be keen to play a part in enhancing such facilities within the Park. The most obvious would be a floodlit 3G pitch that could serve Argyle's training purposes and then be available for extensive community use at other times. Other clubs do it but where is the innovation and ingenuity to do it around Home Park!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 10:45 pm

Or the money.

Maybe AFT could pay for it?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 3:38 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Or the money.

Maybe AFT could pay for it?

Rolling Eyes You people will have them. buying the players next. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 8:12 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Why don't they invest a little to improve the Harpers Park pitches? If they're travelling 60 miles every day to share four pitches with Torquay, then in terms of pitch numbers, they're no better off. So in real terms they're travelling 60 miles every day to get use of a gym (dozens in Plymouth and surrounds), a changing room, and a better pitch surface.

Just use what we'd be paying to improve what we've already got. Or is that too simplistic?

The trouble with Harper's Park is that it is too small and the pitches there get knackered through over-use as much as anything. I suppose they could be improved but it's probably more of an underlying drainage issue (if they are similar to the adjacent flattened pitches just inside the Barn Park entrance to to the park - and they probably are) which sounds expensive to sort out especially when there's only 2 pitches, I think, inside Harper's Park.

What they should have done is buy the cricket club land years ago...
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 8:30 pm

why not just workout a deal with marjons and use their facilities all year round and not just for summer. im sure if the club and marjons negotiated a deal where the club's first squad can use all their facilities without it impacting on students im sure it could be done.

Keep harpers on as a youth training ground.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 12:08 pm

Now Paul Cox resigns 24 hours after a finance meeting-

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 12:22 pm

Can't see Torquay ever being a league club again. I think they'll go the way of Darlington and Rushden & Diamonds. Very serious problems as manifested by their home drubbing by Bromley yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 12:43 pm

With the support of the pasoti hordes descending on plainmoor on Tuesday night I'm sure they'll be just fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 12:47 pm

It's alright Webby will come riding in on his horse and save the day soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 1:22 pm

[quote="Sir Francis Drake"]
Czarcasm wrote:

What they should have done is buy the cricket club land years ago...

Don't be silly, the current owners envisage property development there.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 1:51 pm

I know a lot of Gulls fans here in mutant abbot, I can assure you they are very worried at the moment, right now, no manager, no viable support to save the club and NO money.
One thing is for sure it's going to be a couple of tough months re survival financially and on the pitch. Keeping my fingers crossed it will turn around but hard to see how. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 2:01 pm

Fan base? Accy had a crowd yesterday of 1400 of which 200 were our 6 fingered friends from up the road. Torquay get more than that. Have Accy got a sugar daddy?
Interesting!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 2:54 pm

tigertony wrote:
Fan base? Accy had a crowd yesterday of 1400 of which 200 were our 6 fingered friends from up the road. Torquay get more than that. Have Accy got a sugar daddy?
Interesting!

It came as a complete shock that a man with bills to pay and family to provide would want paying for the job eventually. What planet do those idiots running torquay live on?

Do none of the 12 part owners inc 10 who sit on the boad have any money to invest in the club they bought?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 3:05 pm

akagreengull wrote:
I know a lot of Gulls fans here in mutant abbot, I can assure you they are very worried at the moment, right now, no manager, no viable support to save the club and NO money.
One thing is for sure it's going to be a couple of tough months re survival financially and on the pitch. Keeping my fingers crossed it will turn around but hard to see how. Crying or Very sad

Torquay could slide even further down the league pyramid system, future games against the likes of Truro City may even be on the cards one day soon.

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:30 pm

Angry wrote:

It came as a complete shock that a man with bills to pay and family to provide would want paying for the job eventually. What planet do those idiots running torquay live on?
Do none of the 12 part owners inc 10 who sit on the board have any money to invest in the club they bought?
I wonder how much they are paying the Chief Exec? Get Corbyn in - he wants to print money.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:38 pm

October was 12 days away what did they expect ?
Think they wanted him out myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:54 pm

tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:

Do none of the 12 part owners inc 10 who sit on the board have any money to invest in the club they bought?
I wonder how much they are paying the Chief Exec? Get Corbyn in - he wants to print money.

They are still paying Chris Hargraves and Lee Hodges now even after getting rid of them. They only allowed Ken Versey back after he argeed to become the kitman aswell as continue being the goalie coach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 5:19 pm

One of the rumours I heard was that Paul Cox was rather surprised when his club car was repossesed by the finance company
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 5:41 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
One of the rumours I heard was that Paul Cox was rather surprised when his club car was repossesed by the finance company

I heard that too...and that the 'finance meeting' was more to do with that repossession rather than any work with spreadsheets and calculators.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next