Tringreen
Ken Adams
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 1:33 pm

Well, if it is said on ATD....it MUST be true!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 2:29 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
Well, if it is said on ATD....it MUST be true!

feel free to leave if you dont like it steel. I did the same with that dying group you work for in the trust.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 8:42 pm

Don't take it so personally Angry. Not everyone's going to agree. I just don't see the point of mindless speculation. Getting like the same tired old act of a decade ago on that old official message board on here. Am slightly disappointed if I'm being honest, I thought this forum was beyond that but I see a lot of similarities, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 12:12 am

SteelCannon wrote:
Don't take it so personally Angry. Not everyone's going to agree. I just don't see the point of mindless speculation. Getting like the same tired old act of a decade ago on that old official message board on here. Am slightly disappointed if I'm being honest, I thought this forum was beyond that but I see a lot of similarities, sadly.

I see a lot of similarities between the current AFT board and the old PASB and I'm slightly disappointed if I'm being honest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 12:30 am

Indeed Les, different jockeys, very similar horse. The other pony was just a bit too jumpy for Jimmy's liking, so they've brought out the old PASB nag and given it a shampoo. Still stinks though.

As for mindless speculation. I thought that was what footy was all about. I recommend divorce and chatting up a new club or sport to spice things up for a while. And then do it all over again.
And SC, please don't give any more credence to Sir Frank's hypothesis of inevitable pasotification. In the end, internet forum communication itself has lost some of it's initial flavour, whatever the subject matter.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 1:45 pm

It just seems to me sometimes that if you speak 'out of turn' you're pounced upon - exactly the same thing most people here complained about happening on Pasoti. I do love the irony. Only difference is the posts don't get deleted.

I also love how comments towards me seem to turn into AFT bashing. Anything I say here is MY opinion, so I don't know where that comes from. I post here under my own steam. Anything AFT related will go under that topic.

There are plenty of off-the-field issues....we already know this. For once though, it would be nice to read a bit of optimism for once. Argyle have made their best start since 1958.....you wouldn't bleddy think so reading some of this forum.

Relax, chaps. Help us out if you can, but try and at least enjoy the season. God knows we've had enough bad ones over the last ten years. I thought I could moan for England, but my god...some people can surpass even me Very Happy

I don't come on here that often. Perhaps that's why I'm not as het-up and I've mellowed over the years. Looking through some posts it seems some are on here several times a day, every day. That's up to each individual but I can think of better things I'd rather be doing.

Chin chin Smile
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 1:51 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
It just seems to me sometimes that if you speak 'out of turn' you're pounced upon - exactly the same thing most people here complained about happening on Pasoti. I do love the irony. Only difference is the posts don't get deleted.

I also love how comments towards me seem to turn into AFT bashing. Anything I say here is MY opinion, so I don't know where that comes from. I post here under my own steam. Anything AFT related will go under that topic.

There are plenty of off-the-field issues....we already know this. For once though, it would be nice to read a bit of optimism for once. Argyle have made their best start since 1958.....you wouldn't bleddy think so reading some of this forum.

Relax, chaps. Help us out if you can, but try and at least enjoy the season. God knows we've had enough bad ones over the last ten years. I thought I could moan for England, but my god...some people can surpass even me Very Happy

I don't come on here that often. Perhaps that's why I'm not as het-up and I've mellowed over the years. Looking through some posts it seems some are on here several times a day, every day. That's up to each individual but I can think of better things I'd rather be doing.

Chin chin Smile

Wearing a leotard for instance. Smile
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 2:40 pm

Well there is that! Although I often get torrents of abuse whilst doing it, not to mention old ladies handbags and pints thrown at me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 3:31 pm

I doff my cap and forelock to those who said that ''Jimbo won't back Del for loans'' due to his pension pot being half empty .. or half full .... !
You lot are much more educated than me so ..... hang on a moment ... just wait a moment .... incoming??????? cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 6:15 pm

Au contraire Tone.
Maybe, just maybe, Adams talking sense publicly has had it's effect. I assume that's why he does it.
And with many fans joining in ridiculing the reluctant one, I would say it's paid off. Nice to force someone's hand. How else is a football "know nowt" going to learn ?

Anyway, with the Exeter full house on Saturday, the average home attendance will now be way over 9000. That MUST be well, well over the budget, and along with a couple of decent JPT attendances, leaves a fair old extra sum to put toward team activities.
Very effective selective comments from the manager hitting the right target. Well done !
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 6:22 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Au contraire Tone.
Maybe, just maybe, Adams talking sense publicly has had it's effect. I assume that's why he does it.
And with many fans joining in ridiculing the reluctant one, I would say it's paid off. Nice to force someone's hand. How else is a football "know nowt" going to learn ?

Anyway, with the Exeter full house on Saturday, the average home attendance will now be way over 9000. That MUST be well, well over the budget, and along with a couple of decent JPT attendances, leaves a fair old extra sum to put toward team activities.
Very effective selective comments from the manager hitting the right target. Well done !

No where near a full house as Argyle as not open up blocks 15, 16, 18 yet? and it look like Exeter will bring down less then 1000

We have 4 seats to sell in the blocks that are open. 1 seat in each side of the mayflower and 2 in the lower Mayflower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 6:30 pm

Whatever Tg, it's a good attendance for lil' ol' Exeter, and the average will now be over 9,000. And a chance for many returnees to see what the new Adams Argyle can do.
Despite some early local derbies, it sort of debunks the myth that attendances don't rise in a successful season until March. I'm surprised myself the attendances have been so high , particularly for Rovers.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 6:35 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Whatever Tg, it's a good attendance for lil' ol' Exeter, and the average will now be over 9,000. And a chance for many returnees to see what the new Adams Argyle can do.
Despite some early local derbies, it sort of debunks the myth that attendances don't rise in a successful season until March. I'm surprised myself the attendances have been so high , particularly for Rovers.

I think it could be more, a lot of fans do not like the Mayflower stand and may be waiting for another bock to be open up.

Tuesday night home game will show what support we have. only 3 seats to go
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 6:41 pm

All about momentum and feel good factor. Performances need to inspire at home, so tomorrow is important. Word soon gets around. Even my brother is attending this game, his first for 3 years. He had to be seriously cajouled though . The high POTD prices are the real barrier.
I agree with your Mayflower comments. I tried it there after they shut down the REAL Mayflower. What a miserable waste of space it is there with all that empty terrace in front of you. Might as well be watching a park game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shot at Jimbo...?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5