Tringreen
Ken Adams
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 2:47 pm

Rollo and Rolly.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 2:58 pm

Talking of money I see the teams going from Lge 2 to Conf will now get increased parachutes. Bleedy hell - it seems that failure means someone chucks money at you and not your P45.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:08 pm

ejh wrote:

If Reuben was determined to have his big pay day, he' have thrown his toys out the pram when Pompey so very publically came for him.

Not necessarily. Changing employer isn't a toy throwing escapade as you call it, it's a sober assessment of where your career is and how to get on the next rung.  No one "came for him". The Portsmouth manager publicly stated his ardour virtually a day or two before the deadline. That really isn't enough time to get your act together and make a career changing move. And Adams fielded the move well in the only way he could.
Argyle were top of the league etc etc. Probably more an early tickle before the business end of the season in January when Reid will be cheaper as a capital purchase, and hence more money available for the wages. Not only that, play the field for a couple of months, see if either team falters. Being in a higher league with a club going places is very important to an even bigger step up. Being in at ground level when a club hits the Championship is when lower leaguers like Ruben can make it for much of their life on one contract.
No rush when you're in demand. Avoid a dip in form by keeping off the pitch, take in a daily massage, pluck your eyebrows, keep yourself trim, shave your legs, take in a few rays, feel valued, but DON'T get BADLY injured. Judge when you need to get back and put a couple in the net to up the anti, then negotiate with suitors, including Jemima Brent. Don't forget to tell the losing club how much you admire them and their support.
The above is how I would soberly judge my career if it were me. You think too much like a fan, EJ. Pro footballers don't think that way
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Why's everyone asking about the budget?

Like all the rest of the teams in this Division it should be 55% of the income-so, as one of the best supported teams, PAFC should have plenty of spending power (for this division)

If not where's the money going?

The bigger question is (and has been for years) where's the money coming to clear the FC debt?

I can't see JB using his own money, so I suspect that he's touting the club to prospective buyers even as we read this

The club is paying off the historic debt. That has always been the case and nobody suggested it has ever been any different. The very notion that Brent would use his own money is laughable.

But JB is borrowing from the City Council to pay off the historic debt.

Anyway, do the maths of a 6000+ average V the Division average of well under 4000-- (2000 x £20 x 23 games = just under a £million per season x 5 seasons =FC Debt paid off) and if PAFC are only matching the average spend there seems to be a lot of dosh going somewhere that we don't know about.

As has been the case for 10 years at Home Park, the sums just don't add up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:53 pm

Hawkins, as my point was before, Derek Adams wouldn't be keeping Reuben out of the team for saying his hip is a bit sore. There will be xrays, the physio's verdict, the doctor's verdict behind the scenes. Scientific opinion that will convince the manager that he is injured and needs to be rested, as opposed to the say-so of Reuben's agent.

I think you are naïve if you believe Pompey popped up and declared interest in Reuben out of the blue a week before the transfer window shut. They clearly had been banging on Argyle's door in the summer and got nowhere, so tried to unsettle the player and failed to turn him into a spoilt brat begging for a transfer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 4:05 pm

ejh wrote:
I repeat, Derek Adams wouldn't be keeping Reuben out of the team for saying his hip is a bit sore. There will be xrays, the physio's verdict, the doctor's verdict behind the scenes. Scientific opinion that will convince the manager that he is injured and needs to be rested, as opposed to the advice of Reuben's agent.
Laughing That's just what I said EJ, it's a Reuben thing, not an Adams thing, read what I posted.
As for sport doctors being able to see every nuance inside a body, do me a favour  Laughing , you clearly are too young to know anything about medical procedure and capability etc. Just ask a few cancer patients how precise these scans are, and the resolution on offer.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 4:53 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Like all the rest of the teams in this Division it should be 55% of the income-so, as one of the best supported teams, PAFC should have plenty of spending power (for this division)

The bigger question is (and has been for years) where's the money coming to clear the FC debt?

I can't see JB using his own money, so I suspect that he's touting the club to prospective buyers even as we read this

The club is paying off the historic debt. That has always been the case and nobody suggested it has ever been any different. The very notion that Brent would use his own money is laughable.

Anyway, do the maths of a 6000+ average V the Division average of well under 4000-- (2000 x £20 x 23 games = just under a £million per season x 5 seasons =FC Debt paid off) and if PAFC are only matching the average spend there seems to be a lot of dosh going somewhere that we don't know about.

I have frequently asked where our money is going and the truth is we just don't know.

Talking round figures the debt after admin was about £4m. £2m of this paid off over 5 years with the rest at the end. The PCC loan was to settle the sum at the end (we've never really found out that it has) and then itself to be paid off over time (I don't think we know over how long) so essentially the cost per month of the debt has probably remained about the same.

As for the rest we average around 7000 each of whom pays on average £11. That's £77k per game or aroumd £1.75m per season. Obviously there is other income too so just guess that that £1.75m is the 55% and you won't be far off. There's your max. budget for the 1st XI.

What we have never been told is whether the debt repayment comes out of the 45% or the 55% but either way PAFC is paying it.

More fag packet maths: £2m over 5 years is £400k per year which is about £8k per week every week or about £16K off that £77K per match that I started with.

There's all sorts of guesswork and crude ommission here but it can't be far off the real financial picture - as a maximimimimimimum.

If we published proper accounts we could do far better but without them it isn't really worth trying to.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 5:26 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

I have frequently asked where our money is going and the truth is we just don't know.

Talking round figures the debt after admin was about £4m. £2m of this paid off over 5 years with the rest at the end. The PCC loan was to settle the sum at the end (we've never really found out that it has) and then itself to be paid off over time (I don't think we know over how long) so essentially the cost per month of the debt has probably remained about the same.

As for the rest we average around 7000 each of whom pays on average £11. That's £77k per game or aroumd £1.75m per season. Obviously there is other income too so just guess that that £1.75m is the 55% and you won't be far off. There's your max. budget for the 1st XI.

What we have never been told is whether the debt repayment comes out of the 45% or the 55% but either way PAFC is paying it.

More fag packet maths: £2m over 5 years is £400k per year which is about £8k per week every week or about £16K off that £77K per match that I started with.

There's all sorts of guesswork and crude ommission here but it can't be far off the real financial picture - as a maximimimimimimum.

If we published proper accounts we could do far better but without them it isn't really worth trying to.
Come on Sir Francis, buy yourself a "Mini Foot" be fully supportive of Jimmy and repeat Two Thousand times, Jimmy Bleeds Green eeh saved us! You will Trust in Jim before you know it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
ejh wrote:
I repeat, Derek Adams wouldn't be keeping Reuben out of the team for saying his hip is a bit sore. There will be xrays, the physio's verdict, the doctor's verdict behind the scenes. Scientific opinion that will convince the manager that he is injured and needs to be rested, as opposed to the advice of Reuben's agent.
Laughing That's just what I said EJ, it's a Reuben thing, not an Adams thing, read what I posted.
As for sport doctors being able to see every nuance inside a body, do me a favour  Laughing , you clearly are too young to know anything about medical procedure and capability etc. Just ask a few cancer patients how precise these scans are, and the resolution on offer.

So Reuben having a hip injury is the same as a repeat cancer scan, a disease of the cell that can't be accurately predicted? WTF?

I think you are too young to appreciate that managers don't drop their best players for saying their hip is a bit sore.

The medical staff will have diagnosed Reuben using all their expertise, so he's either extremely clever, can fool doctors and sports scientists, and can falsify x-ray scans, or just possibly you are barking up the wrong tree with your theory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 6:11 pm

Problem is that no matter the subject, budget, Reubens injury or whatever, what many will see is a conspiracy and refuse to believe what could at times be the truth
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 6:31 pm

Graiser wrote:
Problem is that no matter the subject, budget, Reubens injury or whatever, what many will see  is a conspiracy and refuse to believe what could at times be the truth

If anyone believes no deal has been done to sell Reid they are naive in the extreme. If Pompey turn out to be the buyers, shirly even the most Aviva of Avivas will finally realise brent has done us up like a right bunch of kippers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 6:35 pm

So, what conspiracy are we talking about Graiser ?
Are we talking about the shit Brent budget conspiracy, or are we talking about the Adams quality over quantity conspiracy ?  Laughing
This thread is just turning into one of Angry's male obtuse competitions  for the sake of it threads. Can't be arsed anymore.
Thank heaven for Freathers adding his opinion.

We will see in hindsight what happens.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 8:20 pm

Freathy wrote:

If anyone believes no deal has been done to sell Reid they are naive in the extreme.  If Pompey turn out to be the buyers, shirly even the most Aviva of Avivas will finally realise brent has done us up like a right bunch of kippers.

Brent and Portsmouth can agree all they want. It's Reubin that holds all the cards.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 9:28 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Freathy wrote:

If anyone believes no deal has been done to sell Reid they are naive in the extreme.  If Pompey turn out to be the buyers, shirly even the most Aviva of Avivas will finally realise brent has done us up like a right bunch of kippers.

Brent and Portsmouth can agree all they want. It's Reubin that holds all the cards.
[/quote]

Yes like Reid is going to chose Argyle over Pompey
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 9:40 pm

You're the one that's naive.

Assuming that in January Pompey would pay £200,000(a guess obviously). Reubin, as is his right, says no but promises to sign in the summer. Pompey wait and then get him for nothing.

Do you not think that some of that fee might not find its way towards Reubin?

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 9:45 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:

Assuming that in January Pompey would pay £200,000(a guess obviously). Reubin, as is his right, says no but promises to sign in the summer. Pompey wait and then get him for nothing.

It's Reuben ffs!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 9:51 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:

Reuben doesn't want a nice signing on fee that could pay off half his mortgage, he just wants to rest up and focus on playing for Portsmouth in January.

Specifically January.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 10:24 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:

Didnt he sign a two year contract with us this summer?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 10:27 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:

Think 'twas a two year contract signed in summer 2014 after his season long loan down here.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 10:32 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:

Think 'twas a two year contract signed in summer 2014 after his season long loan down here.

Time flies dunnit?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 7:57 am

Maybe Pompey will want Reid for their final promotion push going into the business end of the season and are prepared to fork out. I wouldn't put it past brent to loan Reid to Pompey until May to get him off the wage bill. Anyway it's best to no longer consider Reid an Argyle player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 9:48 am

It seems painfully obvious that Reuben Reid is achingly desperate to be a Pompey player from this thread.

So it is really surprising to me Reuben didn't a) sign for Pompey in summer 2014, when he was out of contract with Yeovil, had just hit a 23 goal season on loan at Argyle, and was wanted by them b) push through a transfer in summer 2015, where they resorted to courting him in the media to unstable him c) wait until summer 2016 when he can name his price (via a signing on fee) himself.

Apparently Reuben is on a wavelength all of his own and wants to sign for Pompey in January. Despite his team in the here and now being top of the league by a considerable margin, and Reuben saying this is the best dressing room he has been a part of.

I am not ruling out Reuben leaving in the summer, but it seems very odd for Reuben to be so unsettled and looking for transfer in the circumstances. And of course, there is no evidence at all that he actually is unsettled (bust up with the manager, refusal to play,comments to the media), just internet theories.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 10:19 am

ejh wrote:
It seems painfully obvious that Reuben Reid is achingly desperate to be a Pompey player from this thread.

So it is really surprising to me Reuben didn't a) sign for Pompey in summer 2014, when he was out of contract with Yeovil, had just hit a 23 goal season on loan at Argyle, and was wanted by them b) push through a transfer in summer 2015, where they resorted to courting him in the media to unstable him c) wait until summer 2016 when he can name his price (via a signing on fee) himself.

Apparently Reuben is on a wavelength all of his own and wants to sign for Pompey in January. Despite his team in the here and now being top of the league by a considerable margin, and Reuben saying this is the best dressing room he has been a part of.

I am not ruling out Reuben leaving in the summer, but it seems very odd for Reuben to be so unsettled and looking for transfer in the circumstances. And of course, there is no evidence at all that he actually is unsettled (bust up with the manager, refusal to play,comments to the media), just internet theories.

deadhorse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 10:52 am

tigertony wrote:
Thousands of people working in the SW would rather not uproot but when someone dangles double your wages in your face with a sponsored car, signing on fee, relocation expenses and an Ivor Dewdneys pastie hand delivered every day then ...... ? Its human nature and nothing to do with loyalty. Do WAGS and kids get a say?  yeh yeh I would hope so but when you mention swopping the Primark shop card with the YSL card then ... ?
D'you think RR would buy me a new car?

Very true but its a double edge sword because quite often we can never get players to settle down here, unless we chuck loads of money at them.

I read somewhere once that all premier league WAGS nightmare was hubby getting a move Sunderland or Hull, which explains why both clubs consistently get their trousers taken down by average players on high wages. Sunderland should be a top 10 club, fantastic support and ground, reasonably benign owner but unfortunately as its a bleak shithole no bugger will move there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 7:56 pm

ejh wrote:

And undoubtedly if you are wrong you will admit it, apologise for it and be a bit more humble in the future. sarcasm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shot at Jimbo...?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next