The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pride, Passion, Fight

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Pride, Passion, Fight Empty
PostSubject: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Pride, Passion, Fight ! All the things argyle needed to install in this team to many times against toruay we cam off 2nd best in 50/50 tackles!!!!Now they have someone who often comes out the winner when its 60/40 not in his favour, Remember he is not the greatest of footballers but he is Someone who is a C**t on the pitch and will fight every inch for his home town club.

Will do a good job in the current situation!!!!

Good spine now of Purse, Wotton, Chaddwick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:39 pm

some spine almost as terrifying as the Cech Terry Lampard and Drogba
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Clot?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Shows how fickle argyle fans are when they were happy he left and thought he was past it the last time he was here. 4 years almost have passed how has he improved as a player to warrant wanting to keep going back to the past to sign desperate players.

news flash its not 2006 its 2012 we as club need to move forward not back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Phenom wrote:
Shows how fickle argyle fans are when they were happy he left and thought he was past it the last time he was here. 4 years almost have passed how has he improved as a player to warrant wanting to keep going back to the past to sign desperate players.

When he left argyle were ok, now there trash
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:54 pm

dane_b wrote:
Phenom wrote:

he is going to improve on it?
they didnt want him back in league one when his name was brought up funny how when a mod mentions his name everyone wants him back even though fletcher and Walton are better players than he is/was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:56 pm

Phenom wrote:
dane_b wrote:
Phenom wrote:

they didnt want him back in league one when his name was brought up funny how when a mod mentions his name everyone wants him back even though fletcher and Walton are better players than he is/was.

Zackly.

Speaking from a playing squad point of view, I'd much rather see Fletcher get his boots on, than sign Wotton.

As I've said, be great to have Wotts around the club again, but ...........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:56 pm

dane_b wrote:
Phenom wrote:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:57 pm

I think its a mistake to judge him on anything apart from... will he improve on what argyle already have ??? The answer has to be yes as fletcher clearly is showing no disire to play, therefore a good signing to help survive, but going forward i cant see being part of any side that goes for a league
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Phenom wrote:
some spine almost as terrifying as the Cech Terry Lampard and Drogba

Wouldn't mind seeing that spine lining up against Burton on Saturday.I'm not sure if Wotton's remaining playing ability is what Argyle are in need of now,its more his attitude and will to win.Possibly his influence in the dressing room and on the training pitch will be more important than his on pitch contribution.Can't help remembering the return of Nicky Marker to Home Park though. What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:04 pm

dane_b wrote:
I think its a mistake to judge him on anything apart from... will he improve on what argyle already have ??? The answer has to be yes as fletcher clearly is showing no disire to play, therefore a good signing to help survive, but going forward i cant see being part of any side that goes for a league

I cant see how he adds anything to the team apart from making jannars have wet dreams about the good ole days
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Purse, Fletcher, Walton, Chadders all on the pitch.... Theres a bit of fight, Add Warnock as manager and things will get tasty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:10 pm

why are you obsessed with warnock ? what makes you think he would ever touch argyle ??? he made a comment about coming back when it looked like they were a club on the up.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:12 pm

monti czardas wrote:
Purse, Fletcher, Walton, Chadders all on the pitch.... Theres a bit of fight, Add Warnock as manager and things will get tasty

More red cards ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Tringreen wrote:
monti czardas wrote:

More red cards ?

Probably, yes... But if it meant getting up the table and grinding out results then its worth it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Anyway , he could Play Center Half yet next to purse, Probably the best place for him at his age and it where he played when we won this league
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:23 pm

dane_b wrote:
Anyway , he could Play Center Half yet next to purse, Probably the best place for him at his age and it where he played when we won this league

Funnily enough,i was thinking exactly the same thing,i think Blanchard has played quite a lot in midfield.Wotton and Purse wouldn't be the quickest ever pair of CB's though,that would be my only reservation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:28 pm

Greenskin wrote:
dane_b wrote:

Funnily enough,i was thinking exactly the same thing,i think Blanchard has played quite a lot in midfield.Wotton and Purse wouldn't be the quickest ever pair of CB's though,that would be my only reservation.

The experience between the 2 of them would make up for that and is there really that much pace around in this league?? , Key thing is to stop leaking silly goals and this would go along way to solving that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:31 pm

I was one of the few who thought Sturrock's ditching of Wotton, along with Nalis, was a grave mistake given the other players that had been sold that season. Talk about a manager wanting to clear out a whole team..... absolute madness.
Anyhow, Wotton can't be any worse than what we've had, although Mason went past him last season as if he wasn't there. A couple of games will soon sort it out, although I would guess Wotton's return is more to do with other things.
It appears to me with the Bojan and Wotton thing that everything is being done on the cheap cheap, and that events have overtaken Fletcher. No way are these two players the choice of Fletcher. He is not in control of diddly. Who is ?
I wonder if Wotton will be wheeled in at the Saturday meeting with the tea trolley to whip up a bit of green frenzy ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:33 pm

monti czardas wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
monti czardas wrote:

More red cards ?

Probably, yes... But if it meant getting up the table and grinding out results then its worth it

seems a little like too many cooks in the kitchen

too many people who like to be leaders its not a good mix.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Is the bojan thing happening , i cant see it now , not with hemmings, wotton and Blanchard already done
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:40 pm

dane_b wrote:
Is the bojan thing happening , i cant see it now , not with hemmings, wotton and Blanchard already done
Put like that, you may well be right. I had thought Bojan was a done deal, but then I don't check SKy or inhabit Pasoti much these days. perhaps it was his agent trying to get him a deal away from the Blackpool thing. It still all seems a bit ad hoc to me and a severe case of fire fighting from some panicking individuals not knowing what they're doing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:47 pm

Phenom wrote:
monti czardas wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
monti czardas wrote:

More red cards ?

seems a little like too many cooks in the kitchen

too many people who like to be leaders its not a good mix.

Agreed, alot of leaders in there, but would you prefer it like that or no one who is willing to step up to the plate?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:50 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
dane_b wrote:
Put like that, you may well be right. I had thought Bojan was a done deal, but then I don't check SKy or inhabit Pasoti much these days. perhaps it was his agent trying to get him a deal away from the Blackpool thing. It still all seems a bit ad hoc to me and a severe case of fire fighting from some panicking individuals not knowing what they're doing.

Wonder if the wotton deal would have been done if Yeovil had not released him ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:56 pm

I'm assuming desperate feelers are being put out to see just who is available, and that's when Yeovil released him... he's had his time there. We're not an attractive proposition, no decent up and coming player even at this level is going to touch us with a barge pole, footballers are attracted to be part of success, not to this debacle, it could ruin someone's career for a couple of years.
It's very hard indeed to turn around a failing team, especially when there is no new manager, no culture shift, no new blood whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pride, Passion, Fight   Pride, Passion, Fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Pride, Passion, Fight
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next