Freathy
Flat_Track_Bully
Tgwu
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread Empty
PostSubject: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 9:25 pm

York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Officials

Man in the Middle RICHARD CLARK  Games: 10   Cards  YELLOWS 30  REDS 0

Assisted by Glen Hart and Paul Graham

Fourth Official David Storrie

Argyle News

Argyle will again be without the injured duo of on-loan Crystal Palace midfielder Hiram Boateng and star striker Reuben Reid for the game against York because of their respective leg and hip injuries.

Adams also admitted 'keeper Luke McCormick had been struggling over the last couple of matches.

McCormick hurt an ankle in the warm-up before the FA Cup clash against Carlisle but still played in that game, and against Millwall
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 10:45 pm

We've been absolutely terrible the last 3 times we've played at York. I'm giving this trip a miss this year so hopefully that'll taunt fate into making us play well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 11:02 pm

i think this game will be a draw. I did predict a win in the forecasting league however but as im already in the final it matters not if i get that right atm.

our defence needs to put in a good shift for this game at the very least.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 7:33 am

York and Argo will be a LOT closer in terms of league positions after January. And based on the last two 'performances' we'll make them look like by far the better team tomorrow. York should win failrly comfortably.

York 2-0 Argo

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 10:34 am

York City v Plymouth Argyle: The Opposition

THE Plymouth-born son of former Argyle captain Peter Swan is set for his Football League debut for York on Saturday.

Centre-back George Swan made his first appearance for the Minstermen when he started the Johnstone's Paint Trophy tie at Barnsley on Tuesday night.

The 21-year-old produced a strong defensive display as he came into the side for the experienced Keith Lowe.

York were beaten 2-1 by Barnsley, despite taking the lead with a superb free-kick from Michael Coulson.

The former Manchester City under-18s captain was born in Plymouth during his father's short and unhappy spell with the Pilgrims in the 1994/85 season.

York will be without suspended right-back Marvin McCoy for the visit of Argyle after he received his fifth yellow card of the campaign against Barnsley.

Middlesbrough loan signing Bryn Morris is away on England under-20 international duty while former Pilgrims' midfielder Luke Summerfield is ruled out by a head injury.

Summerfield, 27, has not played since he suffered a concussion in York's 1-0 defeat away to Notts County on September 26.

It is not clear when Summerfield will be ready to return to action

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 10:42 am

Poor old Summers. He never could take the physical side of the game.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 10:57 am

Im going tomorrow, had a good record last season p7 l5 Ban Ban
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 1:08 pm

York City news

PLYMOUTH Argyle have 'weaknesses that can be exploited' according to new York City boss Jackie McNamara.

McNamara is set to renew a rivalry with Pilgrims' boss Derek Adams and assistant Craig Brewster when their two teams meet at Bootham Crescent today.

But despite coming up against the League Two leaders, and with a group of players still relatively new to him, the former Dundee United manager clearly feels confident about his team's chances.

He told the York Press: "I know their manager and his assistant Craig Brewster very well.
Related content

"We've come up against each other a few times and they have started the season excellently.

"They don't concede many goals and are well-organised. He's brought in one or two players from up there who have done well like Graham Carey but they do have weaknesses that we can hopefully exploit."

Today's clash is the first home game since McNamara took charge of the Minstermen, and the Scot has said he wants visiting teams to 'dread' coming to Bootham Crescent.

York City's players, equally, will be told to 'give everything' meaning today's clash will not be an easy one for Argyle.

"It's important to start winning games of football and there would be no better place to start," continued McNamara.

"The away support has been great in both cup games and, at home, I don't want to be giving teams a nice friendly welcome where clubs feel they can take three points.

"I want the ground to be somewhere people dread coming to, but the home fans will only react to what they are seeing on the pitch.

"The players need to be positive and give everything but, if they are apprehensive and don't take responsibility, then the crowd will turn on them and that's understandable because I would be frustrated watching that."
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 1:59 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
We've been absolutely terrible the last 3 times we've played at York. I'm giving this trip a miss this year so hopefully that'll taunt fate into making us play well.

I have only been up to York City once and that was eons ago.

I hope for an Argyle victory and I expect an Argyle victory tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 3:12 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Poor old Summers. He never could take the physical side of the game.

he has had a injury troubled career at best.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 9:54 pm

York City have registered Academy coach Jonathan Greening as a non-contract player in time for their weekend home meeting with Plymouth Argyle.

"I know he is excited about having the opportunity of playing for York City once more" - Jackie McNamara
The 36-year-old veteran hasn't featured for the club in seventeen years since leaving for Manchester United for an initial £500,000 fee - potentially rising to £2m - in March 1998. He was subsequently a member of United's winning 1999 UEFA Champions League Final squad.

Scarborough-born Greening later went on to successful spells with Middlesbrough, West Bromwich Albion, Fulham and Nottingham Forest, while making seventeen appearances and scoring three times for England Under-21s.

He last played competitively for Tadcaster Albion eighteen months ago and his most recent Football League appearance was at Forest in May 2014.

"With a number of key midfielders out of action and Bryn Morris being away with England's Under-20s, Jonathan will bring experience to the side which could prove vital for us," manager Jackie McNamara told The Press. "

He played in a behind-closed-doors friendly recently and I know he is excited about having the opportunity of playing for York City once more.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 11:35 am

we even play against the son of the dickhead peter today aswell in plymouth born George swan. Apparently he is very good but no doubt will have his fathers traits in being a dickhead ingrained in him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 1:15 pm

Yorkies lot 2- 2 Porkies lot.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 2:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 2:45 pm

Groin injury to SuperLuke sees James Bittner make his Football League debut three months shy of his 34th birthday
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 2:56 pm

Mr swan will get stick im sure. Brent out !!!!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 2:57 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Groin injury to SuperLuke sees James Bittner make his Football League debut three months shy of his 34th birthday

Yeah, and it is creating some debate over the  road too.

Facepalms in fashion it seems.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 3:02 pm

as my Argyle onesie is in the wash, im going for my green dragon onesie today
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 3:09 pm

McCormick probably shouldn't have played mid week in the silly cup. I had a groin injury once. Took 3 months before I could kick a ball.
The Adams success is built on the spine McCormick Hartley Carey Reid. That's two of them out now. And no Boateng either. Not good.
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 3:22 pm

0-1 Jervis parteeeeee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 3:25 pm

geddon
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 3:30 pm

Argyle are in total command here. Need another goal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 3:45 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
McCormick probably shouldn't have played mid week in the silly cup. I had a groin injury once. Took 3 months before I could kick a ball.
The Adams success is built on the spine McCormick Hartley Carey Reid. That's two of them out now. And no Boateng either. Not good.

if his groin injury was that bad against millwall he wouldnt have played he must had done it afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 3:46 pm

2 up cheers
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 3:47 pm

Carey chickendance chickendance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next