Elias
Freathy
Flat_Track_Bully
Tgwu
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 3:47 pm

just rejoined argyle world. its changed since last season and i can find the away teams comms Sad
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 3:48 pm

2 ~0 now cheers Carey
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 3:49 pm

Thanks Pete Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 3:50 pm

Plymouth Argyle FC ‏@Only1Argyle · 1 min1 minute ago
That's half-time. An absolute joy to watch the league leaders. 2-0, and totally deserved.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 4:01 pm

Argyle totally dominating this. Need a third bitner dont look confident
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 4:14 pm

We all know about the waves Carey is making in English football, but what about Jervis ? He'll probably top Reid's best season this year no problem. And not all penalties either.
I bet the club are wishing they had them on longer contracts. That's the rub when you don't put your best foot forward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 4:19 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
We all know about the waves Carey is making in English football, but what about Jervis ? He'll probably top Reid's best season this year no problem. And not all penalties either.
I bet the club are wishing they had them on longer contracts. That's the rub when you don't put your best foot forward.

if the reluctant one doesnt start opening up contract talks NOW with del bhey and the star players in the squad and offer good deals and longer years then the club will suffer when the vultures will start circling in january and start picking them off nd by pre season a good number will be snapped up.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Shez doing his old club a favour at the minute away at Accy 1 Newport 2
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 4:39 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

2-2 Sheridan out!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 4:40 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:

Depends if there is any truth in the 30-game trigger for the automatic 2nd year. If so, I think they're actually pretty smart contracts in Argyle's favour. If not, I'd be very concerned if talks are not already taking place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 4:45 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:

Depends if there is any truth in the 30-game trigger for the automatic 2nd year. If so, I think they're actually pretty smart contracts in Argyle's favour. If not, I'd be very concerned if talks are not already taking place.

then next year whats the cop out for not offering a decent contract that commits the player to a good deal and allows the club to get a good deal if a club comes sniffing around?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 4:46 pm

steveinspain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

2-2 Sheridan out!!

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 4:47 pm

Yes, but who knows if any trigger gives a big increase in pay. I doubt it. Carey in particular, and Jervis, must be worth a whole lot more now on the wages front than they were in July as a couple of unknown quantities. Players aren't daft, and nor are their agents. The fact that neither has been stopped again today, despite teams now being a little wiser to them, adds to the assessment.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 4:53 pm

Exeter 2-2 Crawley (Rooney 90+2)

Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Plymouth Argyle FC ‏@Only1Argyle 1 minute ago
Today's attendance at Bootham Crescent is 3,654. Home fans applaud the figure of 721 (mostly very soggy but happy) Janners in th away end

The fourth official has indicated a minimum of ten minutes to be added on

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 4:56 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Yes, but who knows if any trigger gives a big increase in pay. I doubt it. Carey in particular, and Jervis, must be worth a whole lot more now on the wages front than they were in July as a couple of unknown quantities. Players aren't daft, and nor are their agents. The fact that neither has been stopped again today, despite teams now being a little wiser to them, adds to the assessment.

the deal just extends a contract by a year that's all. i guess its also a cheap way of brent saying if del bhey doesnt take us up the club can get rid of high earners quickly without fuss or bother. Considering the entire squad is out of contract in the summer its going to a busy period of talks with the key players hence why they need to start now rather than may.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 5:00 pm

i guess a clean sheet for bittner who has done nothing all game by all accounts was too much to ask 2 -1 york

Last edited by Angry on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 5:01 pm

FT

:greenrave:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 5:08 pm

Angry wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:

the deal just extends a contract by a year that's all. i guess its also a cheap way of brent saying if del bhey doesnt take us up the club can get rid of high earners quickly without fuss or bother. Considering the entire squad is out of contract in the summer its going to a busy period of talks with the key players hence why they need to start now rather than may.

Possibly to spin it any way you like, I suppose. For me, the key is that those players are not able to talk to other clubs in the transfer window. If the trigger exists, we are protected from that and the fear of them walking at the end of the season goes away.

Having said that, Argyle would be foolish to then sit on their arses and let things drift until this time next year. New contract talks should take place in the summer, particularly if we've gone up.

Last edited by Innocent Egbunike on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Great result.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 5:11 pm

Yet again well done to Del Bhey and the bheys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 5:20 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:

Possibly to spin it any way you like, I suppose. For me, the key is that those players are not able to talk to other clubs in the transfer window. If the trigger exists, we are protected from that and the fear of them walking at the end of the season goes away.

Having said that, Argyle would be foolish to then sit on their arses and let things drift until this time next year. New contract talks should take place in the summer, particularly if we've gone up.

of course they can talk to other clubs in january as can everyone else in the squad. that trigger doesnt mean they wont go even if its activated. after all the deal will only be renewed for a 1 year only and that only gets triggered at the end of the season and only if they are still here.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 5:23 pm

Abysmal 2nd half. Lazy from both sides.
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 5:36 pm

Gordon Sparks ‏@SparksyOnRadio · 16 mins16 minutes ago
Derek Adams tells me contract extensions for short-term contract players are being planned.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 5:41 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Yet again well done to Del Bhey and the bheys.

Yep, very good response after being knocked out of two cups, which doesn't seem quite so important now. League form maintained which is after all, the most important thing.

Pressure building on Brent I reckon. If he lets players go or doesn't let the manager strengthen, fans are not going to be happy - except the silent majority of course, who will obviously support him come what may - albeit silently. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

York City v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next