Jethro
Tgwu
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 3:20 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I don't understand those people who think that the population of Plymouth are automatically going to turn up at HP when we win a few games and have a promotion push. Here in Ipswich people are proud of the club and expect them to do well. They expect the club to be friendly, play good football and develop young players. They expect them to play in the same shade of blue and they think they should be in the PL. In Plymouth, people have never been proud of Argyle and the club have always been seen as a bit of a joke. People expect them to balls it up and there is nothing that the population can really identify as "brand" Argyle. Until there is some serious investment and professionalism at the club (and we have never had either), the club will never progress.

Plymouthians don't automatically support Argyle. Until the club do something to change that then the status quo will continue.

Ipswich are a big club which has won things, Gargoyle aren't comparable.

You guys have got to get over thinking you are a big club, you're not. Your Mickey Mouse owner and his coterie of super fans mean you will always be a small club, not as small as some of course, but at least we know what we are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
I don't understand those people who think that the population of Plymouth are automatically going to turn up at HP when we win a few games and have a promotion push. Here in Ipswich people are proud of the club and expect them to do well. They expect the club to be friendly, play good football and develop young players. They expect them to play in the same shade of blue and they think they should be in the PL. In Plymouth, people have never been proud of Argyle and the club have always been seen as a bit of a joke. People expect them to balls it up and there is nothing that the population can really identify as "brand" Argyle. Until there is some serious investment and professionalism at the club (and we have never had either), the club will never progress.

Plymouthians don't automatically support Argyle. Until the club do something to change that then the status quo will continue.

Ipswich are a big club which has won things, Gargoyle aren't comparable.

You guys have got to get over thinking you are a big club, you're not. Your Mickey Mouse owner and his coterie of super fans mean you will always be a small club, not as small as some of course, but at least we know what we are.

The point is that Argyle could be - even now - a club on the scale of Ipswich, Norwich or Southampton. Not under the current mob but it is still possible with proper investment....in a way that it never can, or will be, for Exeter.

We compare ourselves to what we should be (Ipswich et al), not what we currently resemble (Exeter etc). OK?
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 3:52 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Until there is some serious investment and professionalism at the club (and we have never had either), the club will never progress.

Bit picky but I would take issue with that statement.

Tony Waiters in the early seventies seemed to be very thorough, I'm thinking Harper's Park, Elm Cottage, Far Post club and the restructuring of the scouting system..

I checked the records and was amazed, but not surprised, to find out of 52 league and cup games that promotion season, 11 players made 35 or more appearances.

Which might suggest his training programme was top notch too.

Maybe like the Sturrock, Pulis and Holloway departures, the club refused to keep up.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 4:22 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Until there is some serious investment and professionalism at the club (and we have never had either), the club will never progress.

Bit picky but I would take issue with that statement.

Tony Waiters in the early seventies seemed to be very thorough, I'm thinking Harper's Park, Elm Cottage, Far Post club and the restructuring of the scouting system..

I checked the records and was amazed, but not surprised, to find out of 52 league and cup games that promotion season, 11 players made 35 or more appearances.

Which might suggest his training programme was top notch too.

Maybe like the Sturrock, Pulis and Holloway departures, the club refused to keep up.

Agreed but ultimately Waiters was halted by the inability or unwillingness of the directorship to finance the club further-Mariner and Rafferty were sold off and the usual bargain bucket replacements signed with the inevitable consequences including the ruination of Waiters own career in English football-I remember him saying that his feelings towards Daniel and the board were "indescribable" after he was sacked. The brilliant youth policy that he inaugurated didn't last much longer either-Elm Cottage was sold off and very little, if anything, has been done to improve the infrastructure since, pathetic when you see the progress made by clubs representing cities of similar stature.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 5:29 pm

I think part of the problem has always been, that nobody really wants to live in Plymouth. Somewhere like Ipswich or Southampton you're a short hop from London. We've always had to pay top dollar wages for anything decent, shilton if I'm not wrong was the highest paid manager outside the premier league. It doesn't help wider Plymouth think the club is a joke and a bit naff.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 8:34 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:

The point is that Argyle could be - even now - a club on the scale of Ipswich, Norwich or Southampton. Not under the current mob but it is still possible with proper investment....in a way that it never can, or will be, for Exeter.

We compare ourselves to what we should be (Ipswich et al), not what we currently resemble (Exeter etc). OK?

No, "the point is" you aren't close to as big as any of them and you never will be, it's just funny to watch you wanking over how you could "have been champ Charlie" like some punchy ex fighters with no grasp of reality.

Sad really.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 9:09 pm

I've decided Tring will always disagree with anything I say. Like always. Forever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 9:29 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

No, "the point is" you aren't close to as big as any of them and you never will be, it's just funny to watch you wanking over how you could "have been champ Charlie" like some punchy ex fighters with no grasp of reality.

Sad really.
It's hardly "wanking" is it? I usually can't be bothered with your sad trolling, after being stuffed in the JPT you disappeared off the face of the earth only to turn up again earlier this week moaning about how shit your lot are. It's as predictable as it is inconsistent as it is boring as it is oafish.

Most of us accept that we aren't really ever going to be anything but "the point is" we are much bigger than you and that's what really hurts isn't it?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 10:02 pm

Just read on the Herald site that Argyle fans clashed with the police in the Lyndhurst after a flare was let off. Police injured, arrests made and further arrests to follow after police look at cctv footage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 12:43 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

Sad really.
It's hardly "wanking" is it? I usually can't be bothered with your sad trolling, after being stuffed in the JPT you disappeared off the face of the earth only to turn up again earlier this week moaning about how shit your lot are. It's as predictable as it is inconsistent as it is boring as it is oafish.

Most of us accept that we aren't really ever going to be anything but "the point is" we are much bigger than you and that's what really hurts isn't it?

That strikes me as rather unfair on Lord Tis. He has been around on this site for one hell of a long time for a simple troll (the actual trolls who have turned up here don't last very long). Maybe after the JPT match, Lord Tis felt that posting on here could lead to trouble so preferred to take a break. Either way, surely a troll would have ignored the result and just kept on trolling, no? Because trolls don't usually set much store by what actually happens in the real world.

Lord Tis has, as I recall, made the point that PAFC is a bigger club than Exeter. I don't want to put words into his mouth, but this seems to be something he accepts fairly readily. 'Most of us accept that we aren't really ever going to be anything'? Have you got any kind of proof for that sweeping statement? I actually get the impression that quite a few PAFC fans have an unrealistic view of the club's importance. If I were an ECFC fan, I would find that pretty funny tbf.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 2:15 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
We've always had to pay top dollar wages for anything decent, shilton if I'm not wrong was the highest paid manager outside the premier league. .

Might have been the highest paid manager outside the Premier league but the bugger never had a penny to his name the multiple times I served him in the Far Post !  He's stand there at the Bar waiting for someone to buy him a Coolie. If no one came forward I'd just pour him one and take it out of the drinks I'd been bought !
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 11:54 am

charleymouse wrote:

That strikes me as rather unfair on Lord Tis. He has been around on this site for one hell of a long time for a simple troll (the actual trolls who have turned up here don't last very long). Maybe after the JPT match, Lord Tis felt that posting on here could lead to trouble so preferred to take a break. Either way, surely a troll would have ignored the result and just kept on trolling, no? Because trolls don't usually set much store by what actually happens in the real world.

Lord Tis has, as I recall, made the point that PAFC is a bigger club than Exeter. I don't want to put words into his mouth, but this seems to be something he accepts fairly readily. 'Most of us accept that we aren't really ever going to be anything'? Have you got any kind of proof for that sweeping statement? I actually get the impression that quite a few PAFC fans have an unrealistic view of the club's importance. If I were an ECFC fan, I would find that pretty funny tbf.

Too kind Charley although tbf I do only bother when I am either extremely bored or when the mighty ECFC have just ripped you a new'un.

I never pay any attention at all to anything the Huge Tw@ posts, he is a moron, I do though enjoy winding up the Tringer and a few others who hang in with the "we could be mahoosive if only we weren't so shiite" mantra, it's an old argument which has some merit, you are the biggest club which has never done fook all. I struggled to take the piss out of some gobby Oxford knobbers in the Dags club house Saturday, not because they weren't gobby knobbers who were far too full of themselves for being two points behind you lot having nicked a result off non league Dagenham, not because they are not bigger than us, who isn't? But simply because they have actually won something.

I remember rocking up to the Theatre of Gnomes for a few games back in the day as well as following you Gargs around London when I lived there. For the abject, knuckle dragging, scum you are, you are West Country knuckle dragging scum and you don't talk funny like them Cockneys, innit.

Big crowds and great atmospheres, something the all seater stadia have basically consigned to the bin, happy days indeed, although someone did post details of the attendances from 85/86 the other day, chatting about it down the pub and a couple of dyed in the wool hoolies from that time bemoaned the damage their antics did to turn outs, boy did they miss it though.

Big game tomorrow, I will check out the crowd to see what the fall off is after your cup final, don't forget we battered the Os 4 nil.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 11:55 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Just read on the Herald site that Argyle fans clashed with the police in the Lyndhurst after a flare was let off. Police injured, arrests made and further arrests to follow after police look at cctv footage.

Oh please let it be Nool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 2:25 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

Sad really.

Tiresome - you, that is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 4:57 pm

Isn't Lord Tisdale such a joy to have about the place?

'Your club is shit, I know mine is shitter, but your club is still shit, both of our clubs are shit, and are never going anywhere, at least I know my club is shit, you actually think your club might get better, allow me to stick around for five more years getting into the same stupid argument making the same boring point while I stay glued to your forum like Victor Meldrew with access to the internet.'

We're top of the league Tis, we want out of this shit league. You stay content to make up the numbers and just be happy to be out of the non leagues for a bit. Your lack of ambition and expectation is of no concern to the forward preparing janners.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 5:03 pm

ejh wrote:
Isn't Lord Tisdale such a joy to have about the place?

'Your club is shit, I know mine is shitter, but your club is still shit, both of our clubs are shit, and are never going anywhere, at least I know my club is shit, you actually think your club might get better, allow me to stick around for five more years getting into the same stupid argument making the same boring point while I stay glued to your forum like Victor Meldrew with access to the internet.'

We're top of the league Tis, we want out of this shit league. You stay content to make up the numbers and just be happy to be out of the non leagues for a bit. Your lack of ambition and expectation is of no concern to the forward preparing janners.

He puts a smile on my face most of the time, unlike some of 'our' posters.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 5:20 pm

ejh wrote:
we want out of this shit league. You stay content to make up the numbers and just be happy to be out of the non leagues for a bit. Your lack of ambition and expectation is of no concern to the forward preparing janners.

I wouldn't shout too loud just yet ejh. We gotta hope our "owner" shares the same desire to get out of this dog shit league.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 6:20 pm

I think the quality of the bench that Adams had to put out on Saturday speaks volumes for the level of investment the non developing property developer is putting in.
Going nowhere with Brent and his cronies/superfans on his watch.
All down to Adams and the loyal fanbase to move this team forward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 6:35 pm

Brent's a cost cutting "just in time" man, true to his economic beliefs where his own money is concerned. Cut every overhead going until the last possible moment, and suffer the odd "outage". Hence, get a couple of replacements in the proverbial 24 hours before a game. How on earth is any manager supposed to make something out of that ?
Of course, when he was at Citi, and it involved other peoples' money, it was all spend spend spend lend lend lend
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 11:40 pm

ejh wrote:
glued
????????????

A few comments around the time of your cup final?

I can't help making the same comments, every time I come here dorks like you are talking the same old blocks.

You are at best the ninth biggest team in "this shit league", you have done well to get out in front of the pack but my feeling is that there is every chance of the wheels coming off to the sounds of much sniggering from Devon's capitol city.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 11:43 pm

Still glued I see.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 11:46 pm

To be honest I always like to see Exeter, Argyle and Torquay do well. Would like to see all three promoted with Argyle top of the heap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 8:33 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
ejh wrote:
glued
????????????

A few comments around the time of your cup final?

I can't help making the same comments, every time I come here dorks like you are talking the same old blocks.

You are at best the ninth biggest team in "this shit league", you have done well to get out in front of the pack but my feeling is that there is every chance of the wheels coming off to the sounds of much sniggering from Devon's capitol city.

Whose cup final? Your lot barely warrant a mention on here until you pop up every now and then with variants on the same boring post.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 1:49 pm

pepsipete wrote:
To be honest I always like to see Exeter, Argyle and Torquay do well.   Would like to see all three promoted with Argyle top of the heap.

Sadly the Turks look like scrambling away from relegation to the Conference South might be the extent of their aspirations.
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 3:32 pm

Never mind chums, every little things gonna be alright.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next