Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?

Go down 
+9
jabba the gut ecfc
RegGreen
AstiSpumante
pepsipete
Greenskin
Les Miserable
GreenSam
Lord Tisdale
Sir Francis Drake
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 7:55 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
it is the only way forward for a scabby little club at the arse end of nowhere.

Good for the goose, good for the gander?

It's "sauce for the goose", moron, and we are still in the FA youth cup, only got knocked out of the U21s by a full West Ham team and have a raft of decent young'uns, including the next Grimesinho coming through, we got nearly $2 million for the last one, how have you done recently selling on your own?

We are of course still a scabby little club, but not quite the arse end of nowhere,

And then of course we have Sean Goss (who's little bro is with us too) currently being talked about as a potential superstar at United and apparently a source of yet more future income from the ECFC youth juggernaut if he matches up to the hype.

BTW if you're thinking of the same individual then the word is that he is even better than Grimes  - very, very special indeed in fact. The only worry is if we can keep him long enough to get the maximum amount of money.

Happy days.

Due deference Jab, but happy days don't start until Tisdale moves on and we actually get into the Championship.

Yeah I know, probably not in my lifetime.

Love a bit of Xmas comedy. santa
Back to top Go down

Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 10:33 am

I'd continue who really gives a flying feck anyway, other than boring old trolls with unpleasant opinions that thinks that calling posters "Fooktards" and "morons" on a forum of a club they purport to detest is normal behaviour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 5:32 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Graiser wrote:

It's good you have a good youth policy, as your clubs ambition is L1 at the most on piss poor crowds of 3.5k, so you need to produce and sell a player or 2 to maintain your level of ambition, so well done with that

Is that an attempt at patronising an Exeter fan ? yes I am
Are you seriously suggesting Brent's Argyle are that well bunced No I'm not and that forward looking to beyond L1, that PAFC doesn't need a youth policy No I'm not "like what Exeter do" ? I think you are infering just that. No I'm not Gettagrip. Talk reality. Yes my twatship

The pasoti immigre class of 2015 to ATD, See avatar are all a bit disappointing. patronising twat You all hung on over there until the last possible moment, until you were turfed off by a control freak. Bleddy  Clingons
You are a pale imitation of the ATD founding fathers and mothers. It's affecting the level of debate on here. Arrogant twat I think you yourself need a personal youth policy. Keep your boots on before you vanish up your sphincter Start growing younger, and be quick about it. You've finally convinced me what a patronising bombastic "aren't I a great chap and better than all of you" type of person you really are
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 5:38 pm

Who said that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 5:50 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Who said that?

Guilty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 7:52 pm

Geddon Graiser, I can be very patronising, just like you. It's no big deal, although maybe I do have a slight distaste for Clingons. It's a forehead thing, goes back a long way. I'm more of a James T sort of guy.
I just get bored with the camp Argyle/Exeter nonsense on here from some. It's almost like a tick. Very Newellesque pantomime with little to no effort or content. I understand tribe, but let's not be lazy about it.
I don't know if you've noticed, but I am a Lord of the Realm, so the rest is obvious. I don't think Rollo likes me either Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:51 pm

Graiser wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Graiser wrote:

It's good you have a good youth policy, as your clubs ambition is L1 at the most on piss poor crowds of 3.5k, so you need to produce and sell a player or 2 to maintain your level of ambition, so well done with that

Are you seriously suggesting Brent's Argyle are that well bunced No I'm not and that forward looking to beyond L1, that PAFC doesn't need a youth policy No I'm not "like what Exeter do" ? I think you are infering just that. No I'm not Gettagrip. Talk reality. Yes my twatship

The pasoti immigre class of 2015 to ATD, See avatar are all a bit disappointing. patronising twat You all hung on over there until the last possible moment, until you were turfed off by a control freak. Bleddy  Clingons
You are a pale imitation of the ATD founding fathers and mothers. It's affecting the level of debate on here. Arrogant twat I think you yourself need a personal youth policy. Keep your boots on before you vanish up your sphincter Start growing younger, and be quick about it. You've finally convinced me what a patronising bombastic "aren't I a great chap and better than all of you" type of person you really are

I'm glad that Graiser has shown that he is raising the level of debate here by calling a fellow poster a twat three times in one post. You've really proved a point there although it is the opposite of the one you wanted to prove.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:56 pm

PS Is it now fine to just openly abuse and insult other posters and not even make any attempt to argue and debate? Pretty nasty behaviour IMO bringing nothing positive or constructive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 9:12 pm

Of course the above posters are correct with their disdain, however what his lordship posted was so incorrect I'm afraid I responded gutter style which is not really my way, but he's took it on the chin in a rather sporting way so we move on santa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 9:14 pm

charleymouse wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I'm glad that Graiser has shown that he is raising the level of debate here by calling a fellow poster a twat three times in one post. You've really proved a point there although it is the opposite of the one you wanted to prove.

Not half as bad as some of the phrases trotted out on here but I accept your criticism in good grace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 9:14 am

charleymouse wrote:
PS Is it now fine to just openly abuse and insult other posters and not even make any attempt to argue and debate? Pretty nasty behaviour IMO bringing nothing positive or constructive.

If a handful of permanent ECFC loving trolls are allowed to openly wind everyone up here on every thread, you aren't going to get 'good constructive debate' FFS.

At the moment this site reads like Jeremy Kyle. Put a load of toothless chavs in a room together and see what happens, get the security team of mods involved if it boils over, then some sanctimonious pleb holding the microphone at the end of it all pleading for common sense and 'good constructive debate'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 9:23 am

GreenSam wrote:
ejh, I swear in the past you were one of the main promoters on here of the idea that youth should be given more of a chance. Now you're completely scoffing the idea.

Equally, on some threads you're sticking up for Brent's budget saying it's perfectly good enough and on others you're saying austerity Brent is the reason we're failing this season.

I'm half-convinced you say it all for a wind-up to get each side of the various arguments to bite in turn.

I totally agree with you Sam.

Except.

Where have I said austerity Brent is costing us this season?

Luke Young had a lot more talent than Harvey in my opinion, so I was more vociferous about the other side of the matter then. We were midtable then too. Things are different now we have a promotion campaign that really shouldn't be trusted in Tyler Harvey, Aaron Bentley and Ben Purrington FFS. And before anyone says "oh yeah, you mean like when Hansen said you 'won't win anything with kids", Tyler Harvey is no Paul Scholes. Purrington is the pick of the bunch in my opinion, but Sawyer is a fully grown physical athletic bloke that is delivering 7/10 performances every match. To drop him for Purrington because the team is missing crucial players and out of form is nonsensical.

Do you have anything to add to the matter?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 9:57 am

ejh wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

If a handful of permanent ECFC loving trolls are allowed to openly wind everyone up here on every thread, you aren't going to get 'good constructive debate' FFS.

At the moment this site reads like Jeremy Kyle. Put a load of toothless chavs in a room together and see what happens, get the security team of mods involved if it boils over, then some sanctimonious pleb holding the microphone at the end of it all pleading for common sense and 'good constructive debate'.
Top post ejh, made i larf!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 9:59 am

When I saw the bench last week I mentioned to my mate that Brunt's getting 90mins for a change and what a weak bench it was, so no surprises no subs were made.
A youth policy is great when we can attract the right talent and if we can get young talent in the first team then even better.
When Nelson et all were introduced to the first team there was no alternative, would Nelson Of that era get in today's team, probably not and for me that's the crux of it, our local talent (with perhaps the exception maybe Purrington) are nowhere near good enough to warrant inclusion while we occupy our lofty position.
Worth remembering how many of the current first team came through our youth system:
Reid
McCormick
Sawyer
Nelson
Which is about 33% so that's not a bad return, so just maybe we're beating ourselves up a bit too much  santa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 10:51 am

Graiser wrote:
Of course the above posters are correct with their disdain, however what his lordship posted was so incorrect I'm afraid I responded gutter style which is not really my way, but he's took it on the chin in a rather sporting way so we move on santa

Agree 100% I don't really want to descend that level but he's allowed to get away with it so you you end up biting. Hairy J was banned for far less IMHO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 10:58 am

charleymouse wrote:

A bit like most of the lords output then. Have you not noticed how he crawled out only after Exeter beat us. Even motorservices who incorrectly claims to know me has got bored,
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 1:44 pm

Graiser wrote:
When I saw the bench last week I mentioned to my mate that Brunt's getting 90mins for a change and what a weak bench it was, so no surprises no subs were made.
A youth policy is great when we can attract the right talent and if we can get young talent in the first team then even better.
When Nelson et all were introduced to the first team there was no alternative, would Nelson Of that era get in today's team, probably not and for me that's the crux of it, our local talent (with perhaps the exception maybe Purrington) are nowhere near good enough to warrant inclusion while we occupy our lofty position.
Worth remembering how many of the current first team came through our youth system:
Reid
McCormick
Sawyer
Nelson
Which is about 33% so that's not a bad return, so just maybe we're beating ourselves up a bit too much  santa

Here's the rub though. Those 4 players you've mentioned were all nurtured when the club was in the Championship. In other words, the standard was higher. And even then they are now performing at the lowest level.

For whatever reason the youth policy has stalled badly. Whether Harvey, Purrington and Bentley are up to scratch appears doubtful. Certainly with Adams in charge.

Exeter's reputation is self fulfilling as it entices any talent towards its academy.

Our reputation has the opposite effect. The move to Seale Hayne confirmed how unimportant it is within the bigger picture. An own goal for sure.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 1:52 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Reid
McCormick
Sawyer
Nelson

Here's the rub though. Those 4 players you've mentioned were all nurtured when the club was in the Championship. In other words, the standard was higher. And even then they are now performing at the lowest level.

For whatever reason the youth policy has stalled badly. Whether Harvey, Purrington and Bentley are up to scratch appears doubtful. Certainly with Adams in charge.

Exeter's reputation is self fulfilling as it entices any talent towards its academy.

Our reputation has the opposite effect. The move to Seale Hayne confirmed how unimportant it is within the bigger picture. An own goal for sure.

You are correct, only time will tell if Seale Hayne is a right move or not but I suspect the stain of the administration period is still against us reputation wise.

Oh for the youth policy we had in the late seventies and eighties
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 2:03 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Reid
McCormick
Sawyer
Nelson

Part of that though is the fact that bigger clubs can take your better young uns off you for nothing other than arbitrary compensation. So there's little point but although exeter are light years ahead of us in that respect. They are - mid table 4th division club and likely to remain so.

But according to the Turd, all they have to do is sack Tisdale and they'll be playing championship football in no time. 

Lol:lol!:lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 9:23 pm

ejh wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

I don't see what 'ECFC trolls' have to do with it, nor do I see them winding everyone up on every thread. That would be up to the mods to decide, don't you think. But if you are happy to see a poster abuse another multiple times then blame it all on 'Exeter trolls'...well let's just say that says a lot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 9:32 pm

charleymouse wrote:
ejh wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

I don't see what 'ECFC trolls' have to do with it, nor do I see them winding everyone up on every thread. That would be up to the mods to decide, don't you think. But if you are happy to see a poster abuse another multiple times then blame it all on 'Exeter trolls'...well let's just say that says a lot.
I'd rather it didn't happen at all, other than the odd slip we click on OK here. Seems to have picked when they beat us at home though, coincidence?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?   Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why are some fans desperate to start youth players when we're playing crap?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2