Freathy
sufferedsince 68
jabba the gut ecfc
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:12 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
I think it's shit statement and one that is wrong and fundamentally misunderstands what this site is about.

Well, that told me then....surely a message board is 'about' what its constituent contributors think - all of them - and not about dancing to some pre-ordained ideology...or is this Pasoti Mk2?

Anyway, Happy Christmas. May the New Year bring Argyle more wins (and an investor)
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:23 am

SteelCannon wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
Bournemouth are a club who should be benchmarked against to see what is acheivable.

Razz   Apart from both being located on the South coast the comparison is laughable. Maxim Demin(ambitious Russian oligarch and majority shareholder at Bournemouth, with backing from other wealthy investors on their board) vs James(GreenJim) Brent (ultra 'cautious'  property developer, hotelier and surfwear pedlar, with backing from Tony Wrathall).

You could say it's all a bit 'Sandbanks vs foodbanks'.

Sure, I just mean that usually the super-rich usually go for an already established Championship side at best, not a lowly club in the bottom two divisions as Bournemouth were at the time. With the right investor, the same could be accomplished. Ok, you could say that about any club I guess. I suppose we just have to hope for a rich benefactor to move to Plymouth...but then we had that with Kagami et al, and look how that ended up...althought I maintain that if it wasn't for corrupt Blatter and co, England would have won the 2018 WC for sure and Plymouth would be looking to host matches in 2018 but that's a whole other argument.

Only partially true. Clubs such as Reading, Hull, Swansea etc were all struggling lower division clubs [in some cases as bad a basket case as Argyle were]when they found their investors-admittedly they weren't all mega bucks individuals but nevertheless the clubs were judged on what they could achieve rather than current status. I do hope that the new world experience won't be permanently used as an excuse for not seeking investment from any source-one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole barrel and maybe it would be an idea next time to market the club professionally rather than rely on a nod and a wink from the club secretary or whatever he was who happened to know somebody in Japan. The whole Todd/Kagami set up was an amateurish mish mash and asked for trouble from it's inception, not a good model for any proposed future stewardship. In a previous post you asked about possible questions to be asked by the AFT-the planning for possible future investment and professional marketing of the club even on a global basis would be a very good one because everything else depends on the issue. It would be appreciated if that line could be pursued with Mr Starnes or whoever is the recipient and good luck with getting a satisfactory answer.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:45 am

I'm not up to speed on the injury situation as been away for some time but whats occurring with Carey, Reid, Boateng and Simpson.....??
Desperately need 3 of those 4 back. I genuinely dont buy into this being "held back for sale" crap I read. These are Pro Footballers earning for the most probably more than 95% of BM's here.

No way do they feign injury.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 10:18 am

Homeslice wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
Top of the League at Christmas. I bet the doom merchants must finally be happy..... tongue

Troll this site all you like, but what you fail to understand is that this site is full of long standing Argyle fans who are heartily sick of all the shite we've had to put up with over the last 10 years or so, won't blindly accept everything that the clubs propaganda machine pumps out, and aren't sycophantically unquestioning of what we're told; even by the Trust now.

Doom merchants? If that's how you want to label people, but most ATD posters have decades of support behind them and don't need lessons in club loyalty from anyone.

Sums it up for me, Hugh. Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 11:22 am

In these days of tinternet exposure and Argiggle in a mess, the conditions were/are perfect for those deviously ambitious bullies who control opinion through popular websites. They worship whoever is in power at HP and make it clear to said owners that they are useful idiots.
They groom the dimwitted masses [praaaper faaaans] into charitable acts and set up black pasties, gazebos, tents n lounges through which the Aviva masses can gain their very own recognition. Photoshoots aplenty and maybe a trip to the directors' box for the most worthy.

Gas board plan too difficult to control, so give the most astutely compliant and ambitious, a full time job and groom the  trust until it behaves itself.

Job done Jimmy................ you fine gentleman, you.

So Plymouth. So janner. So village.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 11:47 am

SteelCannon wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
Bournemouth are a club who should be benchmarked against to see what is acheivable.

Razz   Apart from both being located on the South coast the comparison is laughable. Maxim Demin(ambitious Russian oligarch and majority shareholder at Bournemouth, with backing from other wealthy investors on their board) vs James(GreenJim) Brent (ultra 'cautious'  property developer, hotelier and surfwear pedlar, with backing from Tony Wrathall).

Sure, I just mean that usually the super-rich usually go for an already established Championship side at best, not a lowly club in the bottom two divisions as Bournemouth were at the time. With the right investor, the same could be accomplished. Ok, you could say that about any club I guess. I suppose we just have to hope for a rich benefactor to move to Plymouth...but then we had that with Kagami et al, and look how that ended up...althought I maintain that if it wasn't for corrupt Blatter and co, England would have won the 2018 WC for sure and Plymouth would be looking to host matches in 2018 but that's a whole other argument.

What makes you so sure england would have won ? They received 1 vote remember.

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 11:54 am

Rickler wrote:
Top at Christmas is always good!

Top at end of season is always best.

Sums it up perfectly.
Thumbs
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 12:08 pm

Elias wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:

Yea....because it was rigged! England were nailed on favourites.

Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 12:10 pm

Tringreen wrote:
In these days of tinternet exposure and Argiggle in a mess, the conditions were/are perfect for those deviously ambitious bullies who control opinion through popular websites. They worship whoever is in power at HP and make it clear to said owners that they are useful idiots.
They groom the dimwitted masses [praaaper faaaans] into charitable acts and set up black pasties, gazebos, tents n lounges through which the Aviva masses can gain their very own recognition. Photoshoots aplenty and maybe a trip to the directors' box for the most worthy.

Gas board plan too difficult to control, so give the most astutely compliant and ambitious, a full time job and groom the  trust until it behaves itself.

Job done Jimmy................ you fine gentleman, you.

So Plymouth. So janner. So village.

You just love tarring everyone with the same brush don't you?
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 12:20 pm

Homeslice wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
Top of the League at Christmas. I bet the doom merchants must finally be happy..... tongue

Troll this site all you like, but what you fail to understand is that this site is full of long standing Argyle fans who are heartily sick of all the shite we've had to put up with over the last 10 years or so, won't blindly accept everything that the clubs propaganda machine pumps out, and aren't sycophantically unquestioning of what we're told; even by the Trust now.

Doom merchants? If that's how you want to label people, but most ATD posters have decades of support behind them and don't need lessons in club loyalty from anyone.

Who's trying to give lessons in loyalty? I've never tried to do that. You think I haven't got decades of support behind me too? 'Long Standing Argyle fans' you said....well so am I. It aint about who's been a supporter the longest. I know exactly what's gone on in the last 10 years and beyond that - so likewise I do not need lectures. Why because I comment is it considered 'trolling'? Believe me I've got better things to do than sit at home on the laptop trolling on internet forums.

And who said that I personally accept everything that comes out of the club??? Speculation from some, yet again just because I don't agree with everything they say. People can disagree with me if they like, I don't care, but I draw the line at abuse (not from you, I might add) but some of the private messages I get sometimes are utterly ridiculous and uncalled for.

I love the way you've taken what I've written and made it all about you. Where did I say you haven't got decades of support behind you? I didn't, I was talking about the posters you're quick to criticise.
Why are you trolling? Because you posted an inflammatory comment in order to provoke a reaction; that's trolling.
Where did I say that you accept everything that comes out of the club? I didn't, I was again talking about posters on here that you're quick to criticise.

Read my post again, and this time try to answer what I've said rather than making out that it's a personal attack on you. It clearly isn't, but if this is the way you respond, is it any wonder you get a hard time on here?

Sorry but you did post in response to me? Apologies for taking you the wrong way. And my initial comment, while partially intended to poke a few bears, was also partially tongue-in-cheek in an attempt to try and create a nit6of cheer for a change (hence the emoticon) Seems others here do it plenty and I get told to chill, yet when I do it....well...never mind. I won't be doing it again.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 12:22 pm

Greenskin wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:

Only partially true. Clubs such as Reading, Hull, Swansea etc were all struggling lower division clubs [in some cases as bad a basket case as Argyle were]when they found their investors-admittedly they weren't all mega bucks individuals but nevertheless the clubs were judged on what they could achieve rather than current status. I do hope that the new world experience won't be permanently used as an excuse for not seeking investment from any source-one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole barrel and maybe it would be an idea next time to market the club professionally rather than rely on a nod and a wink from the club secretary or whatever he was who happened to know somebody in Japan. The whole Todd/Kagami set up was an amateurish mish mash and asked for trouble from it's inception, not a good model for any proposed future stewardship. In a previous post  you asked about possible questions to be asked by the AFT-the planning for possible future investment and professional marketing of the club even on a global basis would be a very good one because everything else depends on the issue. It would be appreciated if that line could be pursued with Mr Starnes or whoever is the recipient and good luck with getting a satisfactory answer.

Noted Greenskin. We can at least try Smile
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 12:48 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
Elias wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:

England were never favourites. Keep dreaming or reading the sun
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 12:50 pm

Greenskin wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:

Only partially true. Clubs such as Reading, Hull, Swansea etc were all struggling lower division clubs [in some cases as bad a basket case as Argyle were]when they found their investors-admittedly they weren't all mega bucks individuals but nevertheless the clubs were judged on what they could achieve rather than current status. I do hope that the new world experience won't be permanently used as an excuse for not seeking investment from any source-one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole barrel and maybe it would be an idea next time to market the club professionally rather than rely on a nod and a wink from the club secretary or whatever he was who happened to know somebody in Japan. The whole Todd/Kagami set up was an amateurish mish mash and asked for trouble from it's inception, not a good model for any proposed future stewardship. In a previous post  you asked about possible questions to be asked by the AFT-the planning for possible future investment and professional marketing of the club even on a global basis would be a very good one because everything else depends on the issue. It would be appreciated if that line could be pursued with Mr Starnes or whoever is the recipient and good luck with getting a satisfactory answer.

You missed fulham, barnsley, burnley, and soon to be brighton & brentford. Sulk
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 1:31 pm

Elias wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
Elias wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:

England were never favourites. Keep dreaming or reading the sun

Don't read rags. We were favourites due to already having the infrastructure (for the most part) already in place as well as the stadiums. Take out Milton Keynes and what would have happened to Home Park, England could host a World Cup tomorrow. Russia and Qatar bought their hosting rights. It's a whole other debate and is old hat now but most 'professionals' in football said England put forward the best portfolio and if you remove all the corruption we now know went on, it's more than likely Wembley would have been hosting the WC final in 2018. Still, all a matter matter of opinion and maybe I'm slightly green goggled but I think the FA's bid for England was the best one. Abramovich and oil saw to it that England didn't win. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 1:54 pm

You couldn't be more wrong.

The infrastructure being in place means there's multi million contracts up for grabs. No wads of public money sloshing about sticking to hands. We knew we'd lost it when blatter snubbed queen liz, the sun apologising to Fifa over the bbc was plumbing new depths even for that shocking rag
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 1:55 pm

Nonsense.
The fa giving away 700quid handbags ? No corruption there move along please....
Think youll find without 'influnence' the spain/portugal bid was the winner,alougth tbf england couls stage a wc tomorrow. Russia didnt need to 'buy'it, a good footballing nation, maybe they didnt buy it after all.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 2:01 pm

Both fair points above. Like I say I'm probably a smidge biased, probably fuelled by that smug git Abramovich's face when he knew Russia had nailed it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 2:06 pm

Elias wrote:
Nonsense.
The fa giving away 700quid handbags ? No corruption there move along please....
Think youll find without 'influnence' the spain/portugal bid was the winner,alougth tbf england couls stage a wc tomorrow. Russia didnt need to 'buy'it, a good footballing nation, maybe they didnt buy it after all.

A good footballing nation? never won a major tournament and far more significantly beset by racism
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 2:27 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:

Even that wasnt a gurantee to happen. The likelihood of that stadium being built were slim to none as none of the M7 had any cash
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 2:28 pm

That's not true strictly speaking, some of gardners mast point associates had some serious wedge but hinged on us winning the damn thing
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 3:16 pm

Leicester city ruined pafc the japs just finished us off !

Russia would be good hosts, racism happens everywhere im afraid but change takes time its not so long ago john barnes had bananas thrown at him.
Eastern block is about 20 yrs behind the west in that regard.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 4:15 pm

Moving away from the history re-writing a second, just watched the highlights and two well worked goals with good finishes a striker would have been pleased with.

Good to get back to winning ways.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 4:26 pm

Elias wrote:
Leicester city ruined pafc the japs just finished us off !

Russia would be good hosts, racism happens everywhere im afraid but change takes time its not so long ago john barnes had bananas thrown at him.
Eastern block is about 20 yrs behind the west in that regard.

As a fan, I can't think of a much worse country to have to go to, to support my team. I'll be on the Cote D'zur next June for a while during the Euros (planning on watching England v Wales in a bar in Monaco drunken ) That'll be brilliant.

Russia? No thanks.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 4:54 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Even I still manage to get stressed watching the scores changing . Quite often, I have ATD, BBC DIV 2 and Score Centre on the go at the same time.

Feck me...get a grip santa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 5:19 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
That's not true strictly speaking, some of gardners mast point associates had some serious wedge but hinged on us winning the damn thing

Brent had backers for HHP too....... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hartlepool v Argyle match thread
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next