Freathy
sufferedsince 68
jabba the gut ecfc
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 6:54 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
Top of the League at Christmas. I bet the doom merchants must finally be happy..... tongue

Do they hand out the medals in December now...? I think the aft should cough up for a bronze bust of webby, the reluctant one and Internet Ian , for it was they who saved our club,

Geddon

Er...right ok. Still, try and find me just ONE Leicester, Middlesbrough or Burton fan who is unhappy right now...I'll eat my head.

Listen mate, you're just one of the last of a very long list of people who've arrived late to the Party and failed completely to understand why parts of ATD is like it is. There may be one or two even three that actively would like to see Argyle fail, but that is completely down to the off-field hierarchy.

The overwhelming majority are delighted we're top, whilst also not losing a grasp of matters that are hugely relevant at the club.  

Fair points but I think you underestimate how many people here would rather see Argyle lose and say 'I told you so'.

I think our board is inadequate but that is far outweighed by the happiness of seeing Argyle top of the league. Today, it's just good to see us grab an injury-time winner - the rest can wait.

Ok.

Put up or shut up time, name those people that you think want argyle to lose. If you can't then retract that statement.

I have had enough of pious twats whose first reaction is beat their chests about how they know best and if only everyone put our trust in Jimmy...

Where did anyone say 'put our trust in Jimmy'? The Brent apologists (I am not one of them) do not have the monopoly on piousness - the anti-brigade are equally as sanctimonious....so I'll see you being sick of Brentians and raise you being sick of all the polemicists, whichever side. Wankers, all.

I haven't got a list of names for you and can't categorically state who definitely feels that way about Argyle losing, which is why I said 'I think you underestimate'....it's a feeling but one I stand by.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 7:00 pm

I think it's shit statement and one that is wrong and fundamentally misunderstands what this site is about.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 7:42 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
Top of the League at Christmas. I bet the doom merchants must finally be happy..... tongue

Troll this site all you like, but what you fail to understand is that this site is full of long standing Argyle fans who are heartily sick of all the shite we've had to put up with over the last 10 years or so, won't blindly accept everything that the clubs propaganda machine pumps out, and aren't sycophantically unquestioning of what we're told; even by the Trust now.

Doom merchants? If that's how you want to label people, but most ATD posters have decades of support behind them and don't need lessons in club loyalty from anyone.

I think steel cannon needs to show a bit more "metal" or maybe he has "shot his load" over being top at Xmas. Let's see Jimmy sells in January before we get the but ting out eh? But let's see who the doom merchants are first. As you were Cannan....

Yep! Being top at Christmas SHOULD mean a lot - that is if we were a normal club with a normal owner and board. But Argyle is FAR from normal. I mean no-one should seriously expect to see Reid or Carey in a green shirt again. And with that team today we'll lose far more than we'll win.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 8:18 pm

Jesus you boys are never happy, you're top of the league at Crimbo you had the pleasure of City getting mugged 10 minutes into over time, cheer yourselves the feck up.

Watched the Gas batter the Dags 3 nil today, they are a form side except they were no better than you up here, this league is full of utter gash, you should go on and at the very least make the play offs.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 8:26 pm

Report from argyledad, posted of the farm

argyledad

Post subject: Re: (Where is) Just Back
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:30 pm

A very gritty, but professional performance. We played against a strong wind in the first half and it was not a pretty encounter between two teams lackin in confidence. Hartlepool never really threatened though and come the second half we dominated. Their penalty was against the run of play and we got our just reward by again never giving up. A very very important three points to put us back on top and bring back some confidence. Super Luke made a difference, while Hartley and Nelson were solid at the back. McHugh is immense and Brunt ran his legs off. A thoroughly deserved victory, even if we achieved it the hard way.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Freathy wrote:
Yes very welcome win over what surely must be by far the worst team in the history of the football league.
Bleedy hell Freaths - you make my head spin. I thought we were by far the worst team in the history of the football league. Of course you could be softening a bit flower and allow us to be 91st worst and Hartlepools 92nd worse.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 10:31 pm

Homeslice wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:

Troll this site all you like, but what you fail to understand is that this site is full of long standing Argyle fans who are heartily sick of all the shite we've had to put up with over the last 10 years or so, won't blindly accept everything that the clubs propaganda machine pumps out, and aren't sycophantically unquestioning of what we're told; even by the Trust now.

Doom merchants? If that's how you want to label people, but most ATD posters have decades of support behind them and don't need lessons in club loyalty from anyone.

Who's trying to give lessons in loyalty? I've never tried to do that. You think I haven't got decades of support behind me too? 'Long Standing Argyle fans' you said....well so am I. It aint about who's been a supporter the longest. I know exactly what's gone on in the last 10 years and beyond that - so likewise I do not need lectures. Why because I comment is it considered 'trolling'? Believe me I've got better things to do than sit at home on the laptop trolling on internet forums.

And who said that I personally accept everything that comes out of the club??? Speculation from some, yet again just because I don't agree with everything they say. People can disagree with me if they like, I don't care, but I draw the line at abuse (not from you, I might add) but some of the private messages I get sometimes are utterly ridiculous and uncalled for.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 10:40 pm

Top the league-excellent. Spoiled a bit though by the secretary of the Argyle Trust coming on the site with implicit criticism of other peoples opinions and apparently creaming his briefs about a last minute winner at one of the worst teams in the bottom division of English football whilst drawing attention to comparisons with Burton, Middlesbrough and Leicester. Difference between those clubs and Argyle is that two of them are overachieving and the other is about fair to middling-Argyle certainly haven't reached either of those states notwithstanding the result today or the league position. Some of us would be more inclined to respect the AFT representative and his parent body if, instead of apparently cosying up to the powers that be at the club, they started to ask some truly penetrative questions about issues such as infrastructure improvements, the youth set up, medium/long term funding plans etc and whether Mr Brent and his board are in a position to carry Argyle forward to the extent that they actually have a chance of thriving rather than merely surviving should the second tier ever again be reached or whether the "lucky season" referred to awhile back is the only plan currently in place.

Enjoy the win, enjoy the ride.[/quote]

And what of people's criticism of my opinions? I thought that's what this site was about? And I hardly think that one fans' comments (namely mine) have 'spoiled' the win today do you?

Yes, I'm happy we're top at Christmas....if it all goes wrong in January then sure, lets deal with it. It's likely that players will depart, of course it is but people are speculating about things that might not even happen. And you think I want us to languish in this division? Of course not! Bournemouth are a club who should be benchmarked against to see what is acheivable.

I take note of your comments re infrastructure. If you like I will put these forward for discussion?
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 10:42 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Dates back to when Webby was on here, telling us we must all be friends and us telling him it's a two way street . Anyway, back to my previous point of the AFT secretary naming those on here that "would rather see argyle lose and say "I told you so" ' or retracting that statement.

Naming Freathy btw is too easy and also very very wrong

I have nothing to retract. I think you'll find that was said by someone else if you look back. Easily done though as comments get mixed together when replies are posted.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 12:55 am

SteelCannon wrote:
Bournemouth are a club who should be benchmarked against to see what is acheivable.

Razz Apart from both being located on the South coast the comparison is laughable. Maxim Demin(ambitious Russian oligarch and majority shareholder at Bournemouth, with backing from other wealthy investors on their board) vs James(GreenJim) Brent (ultra 'cautious' property developer, hotelier and surfwear pedlar, with backing from Tony Wrathall).

You could say it's all a bit 'Sandbanks vs foodbanks'.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 1:03 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Jesus you boys are never happy, you're top of the league at Crimbo you had the pleasure of City getting mugged 10 minutes into over time, cheer yourselves the feck up.

Watched the Gas batter the Dags 3 nil today, they are a form side except they were no better than you up here, this league is full of utter gash, you should go on and at the very least make the play offs.
M'Lud you are correct with a few posters on here. Personally, being a simple sort of person (Motor can verify from the red side) I don't bother too much about Brentians, club politics, plans for January (all guesswork), players who may be leaving .. or not, on and on ... I'll sit back and glance at the league table. That'll do me. salute I'm just a simple fan.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 1:49 am

Les Miserable wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
Bournemouth are a club who should be benchmarked against to see what is acheivable.

Razz   Apart from both being located on the South coast the comparison is laughable. Maxim Demin(ambitious Russian oligarch and majority shareholder at Bournemouth, with backing from other wealthy investors on their board) vs James(GreenJim) Brent (ultra 'cautious'  property developer, hotelier and surfwear pedlar, with backing from Tony Wrathall).

You could say it's all a bit 'Sandbanks vs foodbanks'.

Sure, I just mean that usually the super-rich usually go for an already established Championship side at best, not a lowly club in the bottom two divisions as Bournemouth were at the time. With the right investor, the same could be accomplished. Ok, you could say that about any club I guess. I suppose we just have to hope for a rich benefactor to move to Plymouth...but then we had that with Kagami et al, and look how that ended up...althought I maintain that if it wasn't for corrupt Blatter and co, England would have won the 2018 WC for sure and Plymouth would be looking to host matches in 2018 but that's a whole other argument.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 5:23 am

SteelCannon wrote:

And who said that I personally accept everything that comes out of the club??? Speculation from some, yet again just because I don't agree with everything they say. People can disagree with me if they like, I don't care, but I draw the line at abuse (not from you, I might add) but some of the private messages I get sometimes are utterly ridiculous and uncalled for.

Steely, if you have been receiving abusive PMs on ATD please let the mods know so that we can deal with it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 6:00 am

SteelCannon wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:

Who's trying to give lessons in loyalty? I've never tried to do that. You think I haven't got decades of support behind me too? 'Long Standing Argyle fans' you said....well so am I. It aint about who's been a supporter the longest. I know exactly what's gone on in the last 10 years and beyond that - so likewise I do not need lectures. Why because I comment is it considered 'trolling'? Believe me I've got better things to do than sit at home on the laptop trolling on internet forums.

I love the way you've taken what I've written and made it all about you. Where did I say you haven't got decades of support behind you? I didn't, I was talking about the posters you're quick to criticise.
Why are you trolling? Because you posted an inflammatory comment in order to provoke a reaction; that's trolling.
Where did I say that you accept everything that comes out of the club? I didn't, I was again talking about posters on here that you're quick to criticise.

Read my post again, and this time try to answer what I've said rather than making out that it's a personal attack on you. It clearly isn't, but if this is the way you respond, is it any wonder you get a hard time on here?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 6:10 am

SteelCannon wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:

Do they hand out the medals in December now...? I think the aft should cough up for a bronze bust of webby, the reluctant one and Internet Ian , for it was they who saved our club,

Geddon

Er...right ok. Still, try and find me just ONE Leicester, Middlesbrough or Burton fan who is unhappy right now...I'll eat my head.

Even I still manage to get stressed watching the scores changing . Quite often, I have ATD, BBC DIV 2 and Score Centre on the go at the same time.

I quite like Adams and believe he could do very well for Argyle.

The bigger picture however, regarding the reluctant owner, a useless board and of course his devious, bucket rattling jamboys, still fills me with not only extreme doubt but a high degree of nausea.

So I won't be enjoying the ride just yet, thank you.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 6:11 am

I think the definition of a hard time has been rewritten.

I echo Frank, abusive PMs are not on, let us deal with it SC, I assume they are on this site and not the Farm.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 6:49 am

Top at Christmas is always good!

Top at end of season is always best.

Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 7:29 am

seadog wrote:

I echo Frank, abusive PMs are not on, let us deal with it SC, I assume they are on this site and not the Farm.

Steel Cannon - I'll endorse the views of my two esteemed Mods. Please forward the messages onto us and we'll act in accordance with the rules of this site. Abusive PM's are not tolerated at all.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 7:38 am

Interestingly Argyle are still only 4th favourites with Betfair Sportsbook at 11/10 (more than double your money in 5 months!) and 5/1 to win the league behind Oxford, Pompey and Northampton.

Plenty of scope there for people to earn a lot of money if they feel confident.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 7:54 am

By Rob Bullen

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 7:54 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
seadog wrote:

Steel Cannon - I'll endorse the views of my two esteemed Mods. Please forward the messages onto us and we'll act in accordance with the rules of this site. Abusive PM's are not tolerated at all.

If you pwarper mods you'd have read them already.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 8:16 am

green_genie wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:
seadog wrote:

If you pwarper mods you'd have read them already.

laugh

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 8:29 am

who says we haven't geek geek geek geek geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:00 am

Greenskin wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:

Geddon

Listen mate, you're just one of the last of a very long list of people who've arrived late to the Party and failed completely to understand why parts of ATD is like it is. There may be one or two even three that actively would like to see Argyle fail, but that is completely down to the off-field hierarchy.

The overwhelming majority are delighted we're top, whilst also not losing a grasp of matters that are hugely relevant at the club.  

Fair points but I think you underestimate how many people here would rather see Argyle lose and say 'I told you so'.

I think our board is inadequate but that is far outweighed by the happiness of seeing Argyle top of the league. Today, it's just good to see us grab an injury-time winner - the rest can wait.

Top the league-excellent. Spoiled a bit though by the secretary of the Argyle Trust coming on the site with implicit criticism of other peoples opinions and apparently creaming his briefs about a last minute winner at one of the worst teams in the bottom division of English football whilst drawing attention to comparisons with Burton, Middlesbrough and Leicester. Difference between those clubs and Argyle is that two of them are overachieving and the other is about fair to middling-Argyle certainly haven't reached either of those states notwithstanding the result today or the league position. Some of us would be more inclined to respect the AFT representative and his parent body if, instead of apparently cosying up to the powers that be at the club, they started to ask some truly penetrative questions about issues such as infrastructure improvements, the youth set up, medium/long term funding plans etc and whether Mr Brent and his board are in a position to carry Argyle forward to the extent that they actually have a chance of thriving rather than merely surviving should the second tier ever again be reached or whether the "lucky season" referred to awhile back is the only plan currently in place.

Enjoy the win, enjoy the ride.

Absolutely accept all of that and agree that should be the role of the Trust.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:06 am

Jam, Ham, Sausage or Bacon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hartlepool v Argyle match thread    Hartlepool v Argyle match thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hartlepool v Argyle match thread
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next