Dick Trickle
Freathy
hippo
Chemical Ali
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage

Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 10:55 am

Graiser wrote:
A lot assumptions being made on the basis of feck all information, a player in the twilight of his career is not going to make any quick decision to play for a club a couple of hundred miles away when there's hope of a contract on his doorstep, so settle down chaps and wait, may get a nice surprise !

If he is going to stall on an offer here in the hope of something better at Notts then screw him lets move on and find someone else. We shouldn't accept being 2nd choice when its been made so public like it has.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 12:01 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
A lot assumptions being made on the basis of feck all information, a player in the twilight of his career is not going to make any quick decision to play for a club a couple of hundred miles away when there's hope of a contract on his doorstep, so settle down chaps and wait, may get a nice surprise !

If he is going to stall on an offer here in the hope of something better at Notts then screw him lets move on and find someone else. We shouldn't accept being 2nd choice when its been made so public like it has.

Understand your thinking and I don't expect Adams to be kept waiting too long, however he sees something in Smith that's worth waiting for, so let's wait and see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 12:39 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Understand your thinking and I don't expect Adams to be kept waiting too long, however he sees something in Smith that's worth waiting for, so let's wait and see.

The fact that everything is good and rosy at HP is just an assumption on your part with no more basis in fact than anybody else, our glorious leader doesn't tell us feck all soot must be. Surely you are old enough to realise that with Argyle if you assume the worst will happen it usually does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 12:29 pm

It's no great surprise that the Daily Mirror has reported today that Smith is staying at Notts County. Doubtless his agent has used Argyle's interest to secure his client a decent pay rise, which always seemed to be the object of the exercise to me.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 2:28 pm

No biggie if he's staying put. While he might've been good for us this season I think he might've been a passenger in League 1.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 3:01 pm

Turned down by a has-been. Great.

I didn't want him anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 3:09 pm

Good lets move on and find a player worthwhile now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 6:23 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
No biggie if he's staying put.  While he might've been good for us this season I think he might've been a passenger in League 1.

Agree, definitely would have been useful but it's no real loss if he's staying put. He also wasn't one that we could have confidently taken into League One.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 6:36 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
I don't want to go to Plymouth, but I want to play and be paid until I can't run anymore. Please, please, please, Notts, gimme a similar deal, I don't want to go all the way down there, but I will if I have to.

Then 2 weeks later........... Hi Derek, Notts have just offered me the same deal but an extra ton a week. Can you match it ?

Obviously, Jimmy got outbid. Indulgent games from a footballer that doesn't need the money. Would have been a sensible  footballing addition, but not, it would appear, for anything else. One night stand at the RWY. Move on. I'll be there tomorrow as a guest, too. I won't be signing anything either. Lunch in the rain.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Brent out
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 11:03 am

Feck off then.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 12:08 pm

im sure we wont lose any sleep over it. Del Bhey will have someone else besides Boateng in mind.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 1:50 pm

I would personally prefer a fit Boateng back doing what he was before his injury.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 9:02 am

So it looks like he's got the payrise he wanted then he had no intentions whatsoever moving south well not on brent offered anyway...id pull out all stops to get boatang back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle in for Alan Smith?
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7