Freathy
hippo
Chemical Ali
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
RegGreen

Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 8:42 am

Its just his agent trying to wangle another year on top of his deal he has already got with notts county were only
Linked cos were top of the league plus we all know jimmy would shit himself with that kind of wages
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 8:51 am

I'd be surprised if he needed an agent. The agents certainly not going to get rich if he is one of the lowest paid players at Notts County.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 9:09 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
I'd be surprised if he needed an agent. The agents certainly not going to get rich if he is one of the lowest paid players at Notts County.
his agent is already earned a few bob out of him representing him all through is career with big moves utd newcastle etc etc so maybe its a old pals act getting him that extra year now his career is winding down
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 4:08 pm

Alan Smith will speak to new Notts County manager before deciding whether to join Plymouth

lan Smith will wait to speak to Notts County's new manager before deciding whether to join Plymouth, the Post understands.

The League Two leaders are thought to be keen on the former Manchester United ace, who is out of contract at Meadow Lane in the summer.

Argyle manager Derek Adams has refused to be drawn on whether he is interested in the 35-year-old.

But it is believed he has tabled a contract offer until the end of next season to Smith, who is one of the lowest paid players at Notts, and he is understood to be mulling it over.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:09 pm

I don't want to go to Plymouth, but I want to play and be paid until I can't run anymore. Please, please, please, Notts, gimme a similar deal, I don't want to go all the way down there, but I will if I have to.

Then 2 weeks later........... Hi Derek, Notts have just offered me the same deal but an extra ton a week. Can you match it ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:12 pm

hope we arent putting all our eggs in one basket trying to sign a injury prone 35 year old. if we sign Hiram and Oscar again and with McHugh being here do we even need another defensive midfielder. I would rather we went for a different type of central midfielder myself, What's Lee Bowyer up to?
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:37 pm

I'm sure Steve McCall could still do a job for us in front of the back four. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 7:00 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
I don't want to go to Plymouth, but I want to play and be paid until I can't run anymore. Please, please, please, Notts, gimme a similar deal, I don't want to go all the way down there, but I will if I have to.

Then 2 weeks later........... Hi Derek, Notts have just offered me the same deal but an extra ton a week. Can you match it ?

That's the same way I see it. I want him to come here for the right reasons, not as a back up retirement plan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 7:24 pm

Angry wrote:
hope we arent putting all our eggs in one basket trying to sign a injury prone 35 year old. if we sign Hiram and Oscar again and with McHugh being here do we even need another defensive midfielder. I would rather we went for a different type of central midfielder myself, What's Lee Bowyer up to?

If McHugh is unavailable, we have no like-for-like replacement. Which is a sad state of affairs considering he's not even a centre midfielder and had never played there before the summer. We need another ball winner in midfield.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 7:26 pm

How about Lee Cox Idea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 8:13 pm

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:

If McHugh is unavailable, we have no like-for-like replacement. Which is a sad state of affairs considering he's not even a centre midfielder and had never played there before the summer. We need another ball winner in midfield.

Oscar can do that role being defender and Boateng could too i feel.

Les Miserable wrote:
How about Lee Cox Idea

he would have been a logical choice but it seems he isnt what Del Bhey likes so he'll be off soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 9:55 pm

Boateng is good on the ball but he's not a dominant ball winner. Threlkeld can harry and defend but he can't tackle or head or impose himself physically anywhere near McHugh's standard. The other minor point is that neither are at the club and one of them has been injured for 2 months.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:15 pm

According to pictures on FB/ twitter DA and Smith have been spotted at the Royal William Yard today- although the picture is from behind so hard to tell.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Smiths Agent in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:24 pm

surely murial worthy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:27 pm

Tgwu wrote:

bobby williamson is back!!! nice to see after all those years in africa he still managed to maintain his weight.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:39 pm

Done deal with Smith in my opinion now.....
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 5:55 pm

Spotted at the Life Centre (this pic was posted on FB but I've taken the lad out who was pictured with him)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 6:01 pm

You don't have to mix with the Plymouth thing, Alan, anymore than the Nottingham dross. Here's a bulk standard nationwide oikdockland  gated community that supplies bistros, the odd "local" art gallery, and modern sterile feel that is all the rage. The girls will all have £60 monthly trims, and you could be anywhere in the UK, the time will fly by, you'll be home before you know it. We'll also pick up the 2 grand residents parking bill. Nobody will bother you here. literally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 6:03 pm

just remember to act surprised if or indeed when he signs lads lol!
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 6:20 pm

TBH I'm struggling to get excited by this one but am prepared to go along with Del bhey's judgment, he may end up being a bit of a boon in a coaching capacity.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 6:25 pm

The Mirror is reporting that Notts County’s Alan Smith is in talks with Plymouth Argyle over a potential move. The former Leeds and Manchester United man is out of contract at Meadow Lane at the end of the season.

35-year-old Smith has travelled down to the South Coast to discuss the move with manager Derek Adams. It is believed that Adams wants to add some experience to his side as they enter the home straight in their push for promotion into League One. The Pilgrims still remain top of League Two, three points ahead of nearest challengers Northampton Town, who have a game in hand.

Player and manager has already been sent in Plymouth. A picture can be seen below. There has been speculation for a few weeks now that this potential move will take place. It has certainly been gathering some momentum.

Same picture as our, it also in the Herald
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 6:33 pm

Here's a quote from a national dresspaper when Smith signed for Notts County.
Quote :
Alan Smith says he signed for Notts County without knowing how much money he would be paid, revealing: 'I don't even care!

Now, if true, that actually makes me like the guy, and just maybe makes the whole money/tightwad Brent argument redundant in this case.
Smith is obviously a multi millionaire, and doesn't need to work again, to quote Luggy.  And from other quotes back then, he almost seems like a soul looking to belong to something and enjoy the last year or two of his career, maybe in a Nalis sort of way, along with some coaching. So, maybe this is actually quite a shrewd judgement of Derek Adams. I just think it might be. How's that for positivity ?
Despite the squatting banker, I'm always up for new relationships being struck in life that benefit all concerned in equal measure. So, I'll give this a big Thumbs How else do you gather together a bunch of souls to create something worthwhile ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle in for Alan Smith?   Argyle in for Alan Smith? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle in for Alan Smith?
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next