lawnmowerman
harvetheslayer
Tgwu
Chemical Ali
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 7:49 pm

Quality quote from 'a club spokesman' in the Herald.
Smoke bombs are ok then are they?
Must have missed that in the Herald about those involved in the Exeter Shenanigans being banned from the ground.
Easy target Argyle.
Or is it a diversionary tactic? popcorn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 7:57 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Must have missed that in the Herald about those involved in the Exeter Shenanigans being banned from the ground.
Easy target Argyle.

if a steward fails to spot them after checking fans bags then they should be sacked i say. too many are getting in somehow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 9:30 pm

Angry wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Easy target Argyle.

if a steward fails to spot them after checking fans bags then they should be sacked i say. too many are getting in somehow.
Doesn't have to be just bags though mate.
You can carry them in in a large jacket pocket.
There was some targeted searching of 'young hoodlums' at the Northampton match, but there's nothing stopping an 'older' person carrying in said item and then passing it on inside to the 'twisted firestarter'.
Especially if beer is involved popcorn
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 10:01 pm

Rickler wrote:
So who let Pieface down?

He had only just said this in his previous Herald blurb:

"I have since spoken to some people close to the club and sorted this issue out and I will be returning to home games again from next week".

Possibly his "agent" is the club president whose word he accepted as gospel.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 10:02 pm

Tease them argyle tease them !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 11:29 pm

I can think of about 100 really violent people at Argyle that would deserve a ban more than Pieface but crack on guys. Mow them really small poppies. popcorn
Sterility is the future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 12:01 am

What a load of shite. Actually feel sorry for the lad, he's annoying to be around but a permanent ban!? for.... kicking an advertising hording and not listening to a steward?!

Hardly Heysel behaviour is it?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 12:20 am

I started following football when it was a routine event for hundreds, sometimes thousands, of fans to chant in unison "you're gonna get your feckin heads kicked in" EVERY time the other team scored and for monkey chants to "greet" nearly every black player we saw play. I'm not excusing either of those things but if people are going to be banned from Home Park for a bit of inconsequential effing and blinding then those responsible for complaining and banning him need to man up a bit. The kicking the ad thing is neither here nor there. So what? No harm done, really, is there?

I suspect he cooked his goose when he caused dismay in the director's box, or whatever it was.

All the "there's kids near by" stuff is delusional. It must be a long time since anybody making such a point was anywhere near a playground in any school in the country. Kids have heard it all before. The only thing that surprises them is how loudly it is sometimes shouted.

Back when we were doing horribly under Sturrock there was one character in the Lyndy who used to regularly stand and yell the most foul abuse imaginable towards Sturrock and the board, not that they could hear it over on the other side of the ground, and then sit down to be back-patted by his buddies. My son, who was quite young at the time, asked me "Daddy, why is that man being so horrible?" he wasn't shocked or upset by the language or the volume it was expressed with but at the mindset of the individual concerned.

Pieface should be allowed back into the ground but should wise up a bit and stop making himself look like a twat - for his own good as much as anything else.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 7:39 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I started following football when it was a routine event for hundreds, sometimes thousands, of fans to chant in unison "you're gonna get your feckin heads kicked in" EVERY time the other team scored and for monkey chants to "greet" nearly every black player we saw play. I'm not excusing either of those things but if people are going to be banned from Home Park for a bit of inconsequential effing and blinding then those responsible for complaining and banning him need to man up a bit. The kicking the ad thing is neither here nor there. So what? No harm done, really, is there?

I suspect he cooked his goose when he caused dismay in the director's box, or whatever it was.

All the "there's kids near by" stuff is delusional. It must be a long time since anybody making such a point was anywhere near a playground in any school in the country. Kids have heard it all before. The only thing that surprises them is how loudly it is sometimes shouted.

Back when we were doing horribly under Sturrock there was one character in the Lyndy who used to regularly stand and yell the most foul abuse imaginable towards Sturrock and the board, not that they could hear it over on the other side of the ground, and then sit down to be back-patted by his buddies. My son, who was quite young at the time, asked me "Daddy, why is that man being so horrible?" he wasn't shocked or upset by the language or the volume it was expressed with but at the mindset of the individual concerned.

Pieface should be allowed back into the ground but should wise up a bit and stop making himself look like a twat - for his own good as much as anything else.

Spot on. Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 7:54 am

It's a life ban?

Not long enough.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 8:13 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Well said and broadly agree. I wonder what the miscommunication was between being told he'd be let back in and being told actually no, you aren't being let back in. Surely not a few emails of complaint from people who in all likelihood sit nowhere near him.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 9:11 am

I'd agree with the notion that he probably pissed off enough 'people that matter' when he was in the directors box to have his card well and truly marked. Any excuse, as has since been the case, would be snaffled gratefully to ban him.

He isn't a thug by any stretch of the imagination. But his problem is that he obviously revels in the infamy of his perceived low-level notoriety.

Give him a cooling off period for the rest of the season at worst, but a permanent ban is way over the top.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 9:54 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I remember a character that looked like Robert Powell in Jesus of Nazareth in block 15 that used to hurl abuse consistantly back in those days. McCormick was a particular favourite target
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 10:13 am

I've made those points myself Franny, the only one I'd add is that it is block 15 were talking about not the family area. There has always been singing and more lively areas of the ground compared to slightly more library like areas, the shrinking violets should move to the Spion.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 10:46 am

I think the permanent ban is harsh too. When I was younger I'd often swear and shout at HP, I'm not so vocal these days. Anyone who sits around the back of Block 14, will know of a bloke called 'Swilly Chris' who uses the f and c words quite often- I imagine there are similar around the ground.

I've not sat near pieface at HP so haven't heard him, I've seen him at away games acting a clown but also not been stood near enough to him, to hear him.

In the club's letter to Pieface they do say he can appeal so no doubt Nool and Webb will help his cause?

Pieface also needs to learn about social media and that anything put on twitter can be seen by potentially millions of people and media outlets can use tweets without permission.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 11:17 am

luckily he doesnt Tweet & Drive, imagine the damage that could do
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 12:37 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Easy target Argyle.

There was some targeted searching of 'young hoodlums' at the Northampton match, but there's nothing stopping an 'older' person carrying in said item and then passing it on inside to the 'twisted firestarter'.

I took 4 fifteen year olds to Newport including my Boy. All 4 got searched with me completely ignored despite clearly being with them. I had an old Tommy Hilfiger big padded jacket on that would have concealed anything. I was very surprised. Probably thought I was a great grandfather or something !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 1:48 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I think the permanent ban is harsh too. When I was younger I'd often swear and shout at HP, I'm not so vocal these days. Anyone who sits around the back of Block 14, will know of a bloke called 'Swilly Chris' who uses the f and c words quite often- I imagine there are similar around the ground.

I've not sat near pieface at HP so haven't heard him, I've seen him at away games acting a clown but also not been stood near enough to him, to hear him.

In the club's letter to Pieface they do say he can appeal so no doubt Nool and Webb will help his cause?

Pieface also needs to learn about social media and that anything put on twitter can be seen by potentially millions of people and media outlets can use tweets without permission.

I havent been that end in a while. I take it he hasn't calmed down!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 1:55 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Easy target Argyle.

They should be checked in anycase its in the steward 101 and thats probably how they are getting in too many lazy stewards not doing their job correctly and actually doing searches.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 2:51 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Slightly- not as vocal but still has the odd rant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 2:56 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Slightly- not as vocal but still has the odd rant.

Sad about midway up, this was when they sat in Block 15. there was also a guy who look a bit like Robert Powell in Jesus of Nazareth. who used to have the occasional meltdown. Mainly about McCormick, is he still there?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 3:44 pm

Communication between the various bits of the club seems crap, as is between the general masses and the club.

It seems strange it has gone from a voluntary stay away by PF to a life ban!

As has been stated twatter and FB are monitored so best not slag off too many people at once,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 4:31 pm

This almost seems to be running as an ongoing column inches grabber for all concerned.
I agree with Franny and 'Amster, the guy is a goon, but I couldn't condone a life ban for a bit of bad language and kicking a hoarding. What's this club of puritans becoming ? Argyle sharia law.

I suspect he is being made an example of, with Brent bigging up his family routine. Will probably be let back in under some sort of penance. He's a bit thick, so he's going to be taken advantage of by those concerned.
What a mess of a club.
I bet Newell dreams of being in a position at the club one day to ban any ATD poster he doesn't like from Home Park for posting "anti Argyle" rhetoric.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 5:39 pm

All a stunt, pie face will be back after an appeal. It seems his attend every game this season is dead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 10:55 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Easy target Argyle.

I took 4 fifteen year olds to Newport including my Boy. All 4 got searched with me completely ignored despite clearly being with them. I had an old Tommy Hilfiger big padded jacket on that would have concealed anything. I was very surprised. Probably thought I was a great grandfather or something !
I'm just wondering what to take in with me tomorrow?
Hip flask? nah, done that already this year. popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next