RegGreen
Jethro
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Foxy

Foxy

Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 8:29 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Not a bad player actually,comes from a good footballing family.Always puts the crappers up me though when reading about "injuries" and "one appearance this season".All the best to him anyway,if he's fit could be a good asset for the rest of the season. No doubt those Exeter feckers will be on here soon reminding us of the goal he scored against Argyle in the piss pot 5 years ago. Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Jeez, is that the best you can get, the blokes a liability and Fooking awful.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 10:49 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
ejh wrote:
This place is such a depressing read! Were you expecting to sign a League One scorer in the middle of a purple patch while he's top of the goal charts?

Honestly, if this is a shite signing what would have been a good one?

If Nardiello plays and scores then fairy muff but he isn't fit enough to start games and if he breaks down again then what's the point? Lge 1 player ina purple patch is plain stupid but a young player from the prem or CCC of the calibre of Boateng is what we should be signing, theres enough Brent apologists around without you starting.
We should be signing players who are WC winners, Champions Lge winners and score regularly in the Prem or Bundishthingy or Cereal A - FFS sort it out Dan.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 10:59 pm

Great player.....4 yrs ago, we saw (and you did) the best of him,

My mother always told me to give my old toys to the less fortunate..... and the signing of Nards by you lot says ECFC do the same

the red card count against argyles name will go up thats for sure

Im with Foxy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 12:37 am

Motorservices wrote:
Great player.....4 yrs ago, we saw (and you did) the best of him,

My mother always told me to give my old toys to the less fortunate..... and the signing of Nards by you lot says ECFC do the same

the red card count against argyles name will go up thats for sure

Im with Foxy

he'll do alright for us as cover and competition dont worry about it.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 7:56 am

Trust in Del on this one. He's here to do a short term job only to ensure Promotion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 10:28 am

tigertony wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
ejh wrote:
This place is such a depressing read! Were you expecting to sign a League One scorer in the middle of a purple patch while he's top of the goal charts?

Honestly, if this is a shite signing what would have been a good one?

If Nardiello plays and scores then fairy muff but he isn't fit enough to start games and if he breaks down again then what's the point? Lge 1 player ina purple patch is plain stupid but a young player from the prem or CCC of the calibre of Boateng is what we should be signing, theres enough Brent apologists around without you starting.
We should be signing players who are WC winners, Champions Lge winners and score regularly in the Prem or Bundishthingy or Cereal A - FFS sort it out Dan.

Not what I said and you know know it, the first criteria should be is the player fit? I'm not sure Nards is that is my main worry. As for WC winners that's you being a twat for a change, a young prem or CCC development player is what's needed and what I'm asking for (in the mould of Boateng). Lets not forget that our promotion chances were thrown away last Jan by penny pinching, lets not do it again this year please.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 1:41 pm

He's shown he has a goal in him. This is only Div 4 don't forget. The standard is shite. You only have to be halfway decent to be around the top 3 - as we are showing. If he is fit I'd be tempted to start him, if only to give an off-colour Jervis the kick up the arse he needs.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 3:53 pm

He scored a few in helping Bury get promotion (14). He also scored a few when helping Rotherham get promotion (19).

Perhaps he is just what we need up front in the final stages of the season. I read Argyle missed plenty of chances at Bristol Rovers (missed chances have been a trait this season I add), so this chap could bag a handful while is is here ?.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 6:28 pm

I trust Del boy to get the best out of him. But, as aothers have said, fitness is an issue. I would hope this isn't the only signing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 11:34 pm

The main thing is how fit he at this present time? We have Carey only part fit as Ried is, how many more partly fit players can we accomadate? I only hope he is fit, champing at the bit and kept out of his home team by other much better players, as an Argyle supporter I'm used to being disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 12:01 am

So what is his style of play? Is he a target man? I suspect not. Is he a player who relies on pace? At his age and with his injury record, if so, this is a concern. Is he a clever sort of Kevin (?) Gallen player? In which case he's probably a fine addition.

If we want him to start and play 90 minutes then it's a huge gamble. If he's to come off the bench for 20 minutes then that's fine.

And where does he slot in when he does play? We're struggling to fit Jervis, Blunt and Reid in as it is.

It's a bit of an odd signing from where I sit but I'm far more positive about him than I was Alan Smith so that's to the good.

Let's hope he does a Tommy and bangs 'em in for fun in the run in.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 12:05 am

People keep saying Jervis. He doesn't look good up front. He has played by far his best football this season as a right winger.

Harvey isn't good enough, Smalley is elsewhere. Rooney isn't ready.

So before Nardiello we had two up front options. One is Brunt, who is in fine form but not exactly a sweet penalty box finisher. The other is Reuben, who looked rustier than the titanic at Bristol Rovers, and has been fit for all of a game or two.

So we are light on strikers. We've got a third one in of vast pedigree for the job at hand. Nardiello needs to get fit and he needs to work himself into our system, but he is here, and keen, and ready, and up for the job.

I really don't see what is to be unhappy with at this fella coming in and bolstering the goal potential, options and depth in our lineup.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 12:29 am

^Kind of pretty much where I am on this one.^

Jervis is an interesting one though. In his whole career he's never got near to the goals per game he's managed here so far but he'd always been played centrally whereas here he's usually been the wide man. He's also benefitted from an unusally high proportion of goals hitting his arse and going in.

That said he works like a trojan tracking back and is the tallest regular corner taker I have ever seen. Why on Earth isn't 6' 2" Jervis in the mixer for when the crosses come in?

There's no rhyme nor reason to it that I can see and this is definitely Jervis's best season ever but that said maybe somebody else could have done the same or better. His effectiveness in terms of goals scored is there for all to see though.

No idea what my point here is so I'll stop now.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 10:32 am

I'd agree with what you two have said the only thing I'd add is that the only disaappointment comes if this is the Boateng replacement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 5:06 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Why on Earth isn't 6' 2" Jervis in the mixer for when the crosses come in?

He probably acts as a spotter and relays the data. Laughing
I like tall players out wide. I loved playing out there. Easy meat. Why should all wingers be sub standard Alan Judge scamperers ?

Tall guys get a bad shake in football, funneled into being battering rams up front or central stoppers at the back.
Apart from very rare talents, which I would include the excellent Mickey Evans at his level, heading the ball is an overrated part of the game.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 5:30 pm

Personally I was expecting a forward with a bit of pace to compliment what we had but Nards ain't too disappointing.  We're creating many chances but not taking them, 14 attempts against Rovers but just 2 on target is the latest example.  If Nardiello proves to be more clynical than our current lot then he should be a good addition.

I also wonder if he could be here in a part coaching role?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 5:36 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Personally I was expecting a forward with a bit of pace to compliment what we had but Nards ain't too disappointing.  We're creating many chances but not taking them, 14 attempts against Rovers but just 2 on target is the latest example.  If Nardiello proves to be more clynical than our current lot then he should be a good addition.

why would you wonder that scratch he is a loan signing he wont be doing any coaching whatso ever.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 5:39 pm

Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

why would you wonder that scratch he is a loan signing he wont be doing any coaching whatso ever.

Aside from fitness he doesn't have much to prove but does have plenty of experience to pass on. Just a thought like (which adds up in my head). Who does coach the forwards here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 5:48 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Aside from fitness he doesn't have much to prove but does have plenty of experience to pass on.  Just a thought like (which adds up in my head).  Who does coach the forwards here?

I think your looking too much into it myself. Brewster coaches the strikers aswell as fitness
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 6:07 pm

Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Aside from fitness he doesn't have much to prove but does have plenty of experience to pass on.  Just a thought like (which adds up in my head).  Who does coach the forwards here?

I think your looking too much into it myself. Brewster coaches the strikers aswell as fitness

Maybe Brewster should concentrate more on fitness. We haven't been clynical all season, something most fans seem to agree match after match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 6:32 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Maybe Brewster should concentrate more on fitness.  We haven't been clynical all season, something most fans seem to agree match after match.

then hire an actual coach something Nards isnt a never has been
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 6:42 pm

Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Maybe Brewster should concentrate more on fitness.  We haven't been clynical all season, something most fans seem to agree match after match.

Instead of an ageing player who could do the same job, why?. I don't understand why you're being argumentative really, either Nards has been brought in to partially coach or he hasn't. If he has, surely not a bad thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Instead of an ageing player who could do the same job, why?. I don't understand why you're being argumentative really, either Nards has been brought in to partially coach or he hasn't. If he has, surely not a bad thing.

because he hasn't and i equally dont understand why you think he would have been. he will be here to play probably as cover and competition to reid, brunt and jervis but he wont be coaching. Alan Smith if he signed a perm deal may have done that role but not a loan signing.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 6:52 pm

Wotton hadn't coached before joining Southampton but as I recall a part of his remit was to nurture the youngsters. They haven't looked back since.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 6:54 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Wotton hadn't coached before joining Southampton but as I recall a part of his remit was to nurture the youngsters.  They haven't looked back since.

again wasnt a loan signing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Nardiello   Daniel Nardiello - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Daniel Nardiello
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next