Coxside_Green
Dane
Czarcasm
VillageGreen
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:00 am

OK, I hear what Damon and others are saying about the influence of the board & owner - and that makes sense. Though I would say that there are different styles of ownership/leader.

But, I'd still repeat what I wrote last night: My view is limited as I've watched only one match all season - I can't afford it. And that was as dire a piece of shit as I've ever had the misfortune to see from Argyle (previously it had been a performance under Kemp at either Oxford or perhaps Kidderminster but at least that was the style of play rather than the ability). But from that one match and all that I've heard and read Sheridan doesn't seem to be managing. Why bring down a player, Hayes, who hasn't played for ages and put him straight onto the pitch for most of the match when he had Tyler, who has been apparently playing well for the reserves, busting for an opportunity? It may be that Sheridan still has faith in Reid, who certainly looked OK when I saw him, but he decided that a short term loan would take the pressure off the scoring issue - strikers are all about confidence is the cliche. Why sign Blackman, who appears to be a joke, and then make him a sub pretty damn quick? He didn't have a clue when he came on as a sub and, by all accounts, he has maintained that form. Why bring on Harvey with only about three mins of normal time to go - what the fuk can he do in that time?! Does he have something against Blanchard who, until the sad death of his brother, was a regular. Why tinker with the strikers when, by all accounts, it is the provision for them that has been going wrong?

I can get at Brent for a lot but, for me, it is down to Sheridan and his back-room staff who are to blame. There has been talk here and elsewhere that the negativity filters down from the top - ie the board-room and the owner. I don't get that. I suspect that most players don't give a damn about the politics. All that matters to them is that they are taken care of and motivated. And that is down to Sheridan & his team.

Maybe I'm now saying that Brent & the board should take their fair share of the blame but that Sheridan & his staff must take their responsibility also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:05 am

Iggy wrote:
It was a water jug and Wotton got hit with it, it was also a subject not to be discussed on the farm.
You are of course correct, Iggs. It seems I have got my wires crossed. Please accept my apologies.

CNUTS on Pasoti, if you're reading this (we know you are:lol: ), I fully retract my statement and unreservedly apologise. But, if you want to set your PI's, boot boys, woman threatening board managers, hackers, cash-rich glory purchasing fellow sycophants, then feel free. I'll take you all on.

Last edited by Jello on Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:09 am

ZYPH wrote:
Jello wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I see on Pasoti thay are champing at the bit to get Paul Wotton in as manager....eeeeeeeeee bleeds green.

God give me strength No 
No, Just fecking no. I wonder what will happen if he loses his rag in the changing room? You may be thanked with an ashtray in the head.
I hope there are no ash trays required in the changing room.....they are supposed to be dedicated athletes ?
I'm sure I saw Sheridan stub out a ciggy yesterday on the by-line. Just after those hillbilles went 3-1 up.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:15 am

Yes Knecht, Chairman, Directors, CEO, Managern. Coaching staff and Players must all take responsibility.

All have contributed to this mess we are in. All must put their hands up and admit it.

But once again I will say it must come down to the Chairman and Board of Directors to lead the Club in times of crisis - and this is one hell of a crisis.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:23 am

Can't change managers every season.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:36 am

Dane. wrote:
Can't change managers every season.
We have had 8 managers in the last 9 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 11:17 am

In my opinion we have not had a proper management structure at the club since Brent took over, there seems to be an air of apathy around HP and the team. If we give Shez the boot then who do we bring in to polish the Argyle turd collection? Back Shez now with the players he needs before we head down to the conference. Our debt level is very worrying as well I would rather we gambled to get to league 1 a bit then at least we have a safety net for the ten point penalty heading our way when the debt deadline appears. It's a sorry feckin mess and all so predictable, at least the sheep are waking up, give Brent some stick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 11:26 am

Didn't Brent say at the time of sacking Fletcher that he knew he'd made some mistakes since taking over the club but he would learn from them?

So what have you learnt James, because right now it looks like we're in exactly the same position as last year.

Another relegation fight on our hands, our fourth in a row.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 11:33 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Yes Knecht, Chairman, Directors, CEO, Managern. Coaching staff and Players must all take responsibility.

All have contributed to this mess we are in. All must put their hands up and admit it.

But once again I will say it must come down to the Chairman and Board of Directors to lead the Club in times of crisis - and this is one hell of a crisis.
You have mostly convinced me that lots of what I wrote last night was only part of the picture (ie 'wrong' Smile ) - but not completely convinced. In my first proper job I worked in a place where the whole emphasis was on individual and shared responsibility. Everyone had their job to and were expected to do it but everyone worked together and we were accountable to each other - the hierarchy was very shallow. We looked to our fellow workers for accountability & support rather than our boss. The working as a team was the whole rationale of the place. (As I'm typing, it comes to my mind that what I'm describing is similar to how you described the club when you were director there - interesting that!). Maybe I was spoilt because I have never worked anywhere as positive as that since. I resist always looking to the top to apportion blame. I know, in a sense, I have done that by pointing the finger at Sheridan - and I certainly don't absolve the players of responsibility - but I question how much Brent & his board influence tactical decisions on the pitch. That's the football manager's role.

We can - and I have - rightly blame Brent for his appalling leadership. I agree that his focus seems to have been on the development aspect. He said from the beginning that he knew nothing about football. Maybe his biggest mistake in this respect has been not appointing a CEO with knowledge. I will be interested to see what impact Martyn Starnes is having.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 11:34 am

Yea Man wrote:
Didn't Brent say at the time of sacking Fletcher that he knew he'd made some mistakes since taking over the club but he would learn from them?

So what have you learnt James, because right now it looks like we're in exactly the same position as last year.

This......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 11:45 am

Iggy wrote:
It was a water jug and Wotton got hit with it, it was also a subject not to be discussed on the farm.

He was never a fast mover to avoid it was he ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 11:49 am

Yea Man wrote:

Fifth ?.......to Div 1.....to Div 2......then two near misses ....and this would make the third ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 11:52 am

Yea Man wrote:

but look how wonderful all his HHP crap is though thats where all our ambitions are going now cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers nandos for all after a 1-1 draw with fc united of manachester in a conference relegation scrap 2015.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 12:07 pm

Yea Man wrote:

Keep playing with fire and you will get burnt
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 1:49 pm

I think James Brent should get some local  business people [football savvy at that] involved with the club,people who are willing to invest in team affairs and let James Brent faff around with his own projects,as he does not wish to indulge too much of his own cash in that area.

Will James Brent take this route,or will he feel that might be a challenge to his hold on the club itself.

At times i wish PR had stayed for awhile,as he knows his football and in hindsight,perhaps James Brent should have tried harder to get PR to stay.

If as is suggested,there is a rift in the dressing-room,then someone needs to get a grip on this before it really goes tits-up big time.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 1:56 pm

The club is rotten from top to bottom. If the club had been allowed a quick death through liquidation that would have been far better than this dragged out death under b***t. The new fans owned club could have been formed and making its long journey up the non-league system by now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:11 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I think James Brent should get some local  business people [football savvy at that] involved with the club,people who are willing to invest in team affairs and let James Brent faff around with his own projects,as he does not wish to indulge too much of his own cash in that area.

Will James Brent take this route,or will he feel that might be a challenge to his hold on the club itself.

At times i wish PR had stayed for awhile,as he know his football and in hindsight,perhaps James Brent should have tried harder to get PR to stay.

If as is suggested,there is a rift in the dressing-room,then someone needs to get a grip on this before it really goes tits-up big time.
If there is a dressing room row then there needs to be a clear the air meeting and quick. Brent wont pay off Sheridan and no club what so ever will pay a £1 or less for the shower of shite that is some members of our squad so they will need to get along until a time comes where one or both can go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Freathy wrote:
The club is rotten from top to bottom.  If the club had been allowed a quick death through liquidation that would have been far better than this dragged out death under b***t.  The new fans owned club could have been formed and making its long journey up the non-league system by now.

This
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:41 pm

I agree with Freathy as well, you may say that hindsight is a wonderful gift, but I can't help but feel us slide towards the conference anyway and it is being drawn out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 4:18 pm

If there is a rift you can stake your house on wotton being involved
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
i know Wotton is a gobshite but why would you pick him? i would have said myself that cole, Harvey and berry would be more pissed at Sheridan than he would be. Besides Wotton cant possible think for one minute he is the man to do a better job than he could the last bloke who thought that was uber shit.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 4:39 pm

knecht wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

You have mostly convinced me that lots of what I wrote last night was only part of the picture (ie 'wrong' Smile ) - but not completely convinced. In my first proper job I worked in a place where the whole emphasis was on individual and shared responsibility. Everyone had their job to and were expected to do it but everyone worked together and we were accountable to each other - the hierarchy was very shallow. We looked to our fellow workers for accountability & support rather than our boss. The working as a team was the whole rationale of the place. (As I'm typing, it comes to my mind that what I'm describing is similar to how you described the club when you were director there - interesting that!). Maybe I was spoilt because I have never worked anywhere as positive as that since. I resist always looking to the top to apportion blame. I know, in a sense, I have done that by pointing the finger at Sheridan - and I certainly don't absolve the players of responsibility - but I question how much Brent & his board influence tactical decisions on the pitch. That's the football manager's role.

We can - and I have - rightly blame Brent for his appalling leadership. I agree that his focus seems to have been on the development aspect. He said from the beginning that he knew nothing about football. Maybe his biggest mistake in this respect has been not appointing a CEO with knowledge. I will be interested to see what impact Martyn Starnes is having.
I very much doubt your first job was a 6 figure salary on a 3 year contract. You probably had to shape up or ship out from day 1.

As much as we know the duration of Sheridan's contract, we don't know the finer details and we're not likely to ever know. My own theory is there is a 3 year plan so don't expect much for the 1st 2 years. I could be way off the mark of course.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you, the manager shouldn't need motivating. I don't think the club is living in ordinary times though.

For the fear of going into rant mode, I'll stop now.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 4:42 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Clearly there is something not right in that dressing-room.

Sheridan again and again states he believes this team [his team] can make a push for the top half of the table. Yet what we see and hear about on the pitch,counters Sheridan's remarks.

James Brent needs to get Sheridan,along with the team too and have a good old chat as to what the f... is going on at the moment. As this can't go on for much longer..

Poor performances and poor results = lower crowds at HP,which means lower revenue for the club.

Just looked over on PASOTI and they want James Brent to stay according to a poll they have running..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

James Brent? Go now or Stay and fight
Go. 39%    [ 41 ]
Stay. 61% [ 64 ]

Fair play to the 39%. As for the 61%,mugs the lot of them....

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:34 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 4:50 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I'd subscribe to that theory too. But more so because knowing him a bit through mutual acquaintances, he is IMHO, a fcuking dick.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Greensam posted on pasoti (regarding Wotton and his disagreement with fans at the end of the game)-

Greensam wrote:
I was right in front of what happened.

Wotton came right over to clap the fans, a couple of fans were really giving it large to Wotton saying how shit things were. Wotton then replied: 'I'm the only one f##king clapping, those lot aren't. You #### #####. The fan then shouted something back at Wotton and then Wotton went to retaliate again but was ushered away.

If you want to see a divided, broken club... This is it. Argyle has never been so depressing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it time to change the Manager ??..
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next