VillageGreen
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 6:52 pm

I don't see any point in changing the manager - we're 10 games to the season ferfoxache. Sheridan is as capable as anyone else.

Yes, we're crap, but we know we are. Brent wouldn't have it any other way. Poor results and low crowds justify the mini-stand.

Another few seasons of rubbish to come yet folks. Enjoy the ride.

(Good post by DL by the way - don't always agree with what he says, but he's spot on with that post)
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:01 pm

Whilst it was good that Damon spoke out on Pashitti -his sentiments are not exactly ground breaking and I see he only has a few replies so far. There has been arguments all season between players and Sparksey reported Sheridan having words with Houilihan today.
Sheridan increasingly comes across as a dispirited man and Brent is total waste of space as a inspirational owner. Good innit!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:40 pm

I have heard a rumour today that Sheridan has "a very poor relationship" with the players and it may not be long before he is off up the A38 for the last time.

If its true (and I hasten to add it is just a rumour), I think it will be a shame because I think that Sheridan is a decent manager and the players are shit, rather then the other way around.

Of course the real problem is Brent, who is clearly a total and utter cnut who has no interest in PAFC whatsoever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:45 pm

these same players that have had too easy for too long and seem to care more about promoting marketing companies and shit clothing lines on twitter all from there table at nandos than working on their games and trying to improve as players?

Why do i get the feeling Wotton is getting prep for a taking over any day now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:47 pm

Angry wrote:
these same players that have had too easy for too long and seem to care more about promoting marketing companies and shit clothing lines on twitter all from there table at nandos than working on their games and trying to improve as players?

If Sheridan goes Wotton will be the next manager.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:49 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Angry wrote:

If Sheridan goes Wotton will be the next manager.
because it worked a treat the last time when will the sheep wake up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:54 pm

When a manager loses the dressing room the outcome is inevitable (though often unfair). Clubs these days seem to act a lot quicker when it happens because they realise the damage that can be caused - e.g Sunderland/Di Canio.

If Sheridan has lost the dressing room, how long will it take for that fuckwit Brent to deal with the situation?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:57 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
When a manager loses the dressing room the outcome is inevitable (though often unfair). Clubs these days seem to act a lot quicker when it happens because they realise the damage that can be caused - e.g Sunderland/Di Canio.

If Sheridan has lost the dressing room, how long will it take for that fuckwit Brent to deal with the situation?
Judging by how long he kept Fletcher despite it being feckin obvious he was out of his depth i'd say Sheridan has atleast another 6 months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:59 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Judging by how long he kept Fletcher despite it being feckin obvious he was out of his depth i'd say Sheridan has atleast another 6 months.
I was thinking probably another 2 1/2 years knowing Brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

It doesn't sound good that's fore shore.

I can just imagine Laurel and Hardy getting involved behind the scenes and telling Wotton the fans will be right behind him etc. etc.

I know you're reading this you pair of cnuts so just keep your feckin snouts out of it! Wankers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:03 pm

who would replace JS then? please dont say warnock or sturrock as thats never going to happen nor should it. Wotton isnt going to do anything as a manager. Assistant perhaps but we should learn our lessons about giving rookies their break in these situations.

Failing that who would want to come here as its clear brent is off putting to ambitions of football people.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:12 pm

If Sheridan has lost the dressing room the Brent needs to find out why.

We can't afford a new manager so bridges need to be rebuilt.

There does seem to be a divide between old players and new which comes across at the end of each game, who applauds the fans and who doesn't. Sheridan could rectify this to a degree but it wouldn't fulfil the bigger picture.

The problems of our on-pitch performances are deep-rooted. We're not geared for success, just happy to be here. It starts at the top. If Brent doesnt get it, Jones certainly does. Wake up you soppy cnut and do something, earn your fekn place on the BoD!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Sheridan is the right man for the job, 6 players aren't good enough for this level.
AGAIN !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:44 pm

If the foppish wimps that constitute our "squad" don't like being bollocked then tear their contracts up not Sheridans
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:47 pm

sheridan has had success at oldham and chersterfield. He is more than suited for this job imo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:55 pm

We should go and get Holloway back.

Never going to happen obviously but he'd stick a feckin rocket up this bunch of tossers arses that's for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:10 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

It doesn't sound good that's fore shore.

I can just imagine Laurel and Hardy getting involved behind the scenes and telling Wotton the fans will be right behind him etc. etc.

I know you're reading this you pair of cnuts so just keep your feckin snouts out of it! Wankers.
Jeeeezus H Christ. I just couldn't imagine PAFC run by pig, big-nose, nikkkkkkkkkkk, Union man & co. I just couldn't.

Anyway - what the feck are ordinary fans doing with their snouts this far up the clubs arse? What right have they got? I don't think I have ever heard of such shit in any other club in the land!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:11 pm

Yea Man wrote:
We should go and get Holloway back.

Never going to happen obviously but he'd stick a feckin rocket up this bunch of tossers arses that's for sure.
He was wise enough to get the feck out before the shit hit the fan. Oh how i wish some sheep woke up then we might not have been in this mess.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:15 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
If the foppish wimps that constitute our "squad" don't like being bollocked then tear their contracts up not Sheridans
It's Brent and his Board who need tearing up. Get the right people at the top and the rest falls into place.

That utter cnut Iddesleigh knows this.

Lead by example and resign & state your reasons. Or is the wage too much?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:16 pm

feck knows if Sheridan is the right manager. Why did he come down here to this faltering/failing club?

1 He wanted the challenge?
2He is being paid shed-loads of money?
3He needed a job?

As soon as Brent intervenes he runs the risk of being accused of meddling in stuff he doesn't understand. If the answer above is number two then that indicates the club has tried to get it right by appointing a good man (remember GOB's recent post .... I think it was GOB .... about his conversation with two experienced coaches). He has had a mixed history as a manager.

If the answer above is 1, then maybe he's bitten off more than he realised was coming.

If the answer is 2 then we certainly got he wrong man. But that does indicate that Brent is trying to get it right.

My view is limited as I've watched only one match all season - I can't afford it. And that was as dire a piece of shit as I've ever had the misfortune to see from Argyle (previously it had been a performance under Kemp at either Oxford or perhaps Kidderminster but at least that was the style of play rather than the ability). But from that one match and all that I've heard and read Sheridan doesn't seem to be managing. Why bring down a player, Hayes, who hasn't played for ages and put him straight onto the pitch for most of the match when he had Tyler, who has been apparently playing well for the reserves, busting for an opportunity? It may be that Sheridan still has faith in Reid, who certainly looked OK when I saw him, but he decided that a short term loan would take the pressure off the scoring issue - strikers are all about confidence is the cliche. Why sign Blackman, who appears to be a joke, and then make him a sub pretty damn quick? He didn't have a clue when he came on as a sub and, by all accounts, he has maintained that form. Why bring on Harvey with only about three mins of normal time to go - what the fuk can he do in that time?! Does he have something against Blanchard who, until the sad death of his brother, was a regular. Why tinker with the strikers when, by all accounts, it is the provision for them that has been going wrong?

I can get at Brent for a lot but, for me, it is down to Sheridan and his back-room staff who are to blame. There has been talk here and elsewhere that the negativity filters down from the top - ie the board-room and the owner. I don't get that. I suspect that most players don't give a damn about the politics. All that matters to them is that they are taken care of and motivated. And that is down to Sheridan & his team.

Never mind, at least one Devon team won today.

Last edited by knecht on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:27 pm

knecht wrote:
feck knows if Sheridan is the right manager. Why did he come down here to this faltering/failing club?

3He needed a job?

As soon as Brent intervenes he runs the risk of being accused of meddling in stuff he doesn't understand. If the answer above is number two then that indicates the club has tried to get it right by appointing a good man (remember GOB's recent post .... I think it was GOB .... about his conversation with two experienced coaches). He has had a mixed history as a manager.

If the answer above is 1, then maybe he's bitten off more than he realised was coming.

If the answer is 2 then we certainly got he wrong man. But that does indicate that Brent is trying to get it right.

My view is limited as I've watched only one match all season - I can't afford it. And that was as dire a piece of shit as I've ever had the misfortune to see from Argyle (previously it had been a performance under Kemp at either Oxford or perhaps Kidderminster but at least that was the style of play rather than the ability). But from that one match and all that I've heard and read Sheridan doesn't seem to be managing. Why bring down a player, Hayes, who hasn't played for ages and put him straight onto the pitch for most of the match when he had Tyler, who has been apparently playing well for the reserves, busting for an opportunity? It may be that Sheridan still has faith in Reid, who certainly looked OK when I saw him, but he decided that a short term loan would take the pressure off the scoring issue - strikers are all about confidence is the cliche. Why sign Blackman, who appears to be a joke, and then make him a sub pretty damn quick? He didn't have a clue when he came on as a sub and, by all accounts, he has maintained that form. Why bring on Harvey with only about three mins of normal time to go - what the fuk can he do in that time?! Does he have something against Blanchard who, until the sad death of his brother, was a regular. Why tinker with the strikers when, by all accounts, it is the provision for them that has been going wrong?

I can get at Brent for a lot but, for me, it is down to Sheridan and his back-room staff who are to blame. There has been talk here and elsewhere that the negativity filters down from the top - ie the board-room and the owner. I don't get that. I suspect that most players don't give a damn. All that matters to them is that they are taken care of and motivated. And that is down to Sheridan & his team.

This seems rather similar to the arguments we used to get from supporters when managers were struggling under obvious financial restrictions in the second tier.Have you ever stopped to think why Sheridan brought in players like Blackman,Trotman,Bencherif etc,all players who had been released by their clubs for some time and who nobody else seemed to want,even in this dog shit division?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:32 pm

Greenskin wrote:
knecht wrote:

3He needed a job?

I can get at Brent for a lot but, for me, it is down to Sheridan and his back-room staff who are to blame. There has been talk here and elsewhere that the negativity filters down from the top - ie the board-room and the owner. I don't get that. I suspect that most players don't give a damn. All that matters to them is that they are taken care of and motivated. And that is down to Sheridan & his team.

This seems rather similar to the arguments we used to get from supporters when managers were struggling under obvious financial restrictions in the second tier.Have you ever stopped to think why Sheridan brought in players like Blackman,Trotman,Bencherif etc,all players who had been released by their clubs for some time and who nobody else seemed to want,even in this dog shit division?
and just to add only on short term deals aswell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:35 pm

Greenskin wrote:
I know what you mean and I'm not sure how far I'd push my argument, but the reality is that we have a large debt to pay off. Brent was a "reluctant bidder" so he clearly isn't going to do that out of his own pocket. If/when his pension development gets built he will be off. The reality is we don't know how big the budget is for Sheridan. What is almost certain is that teams above us will have a smaller budget - Exeter even - so Sheridan does have the resources to play with. He doesn't seem to be getting it right. (That last sentence is my entry into the "Obvious Statement of the Year Competition.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:39 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
......This seems rather similar to the arguments we used to get from supporters when managers were struggling under obvious financial restrictions in the second tier.Have you ever stopped to think why Sheridan brought in players like Blackman,Trotman,Bencherif etc,all players who had been released by their clubs for some time and who nobody else seemed to want,even in this dog shit division?
and just to add only on short term deals aswell
I dunno, I've not researched the statistics, but various people have pointed out that loan signings are the norm for this god-forsaken division. What we don't know is who is making the decisions about the lengths of those loans. It may be Brent. It may be Sheridan. Without access to the finances (where are the Trust or the PASB when you need them....) we actually don't know.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:40 pm

knecht wrote:
What if the manager isn't motivated (for this season at least)?

Motivation surely has to come from the top? The VIP idiots were always happy with mid-table this season, that suits the top table. We'll probably achieve that come the season's end, at what expense?

As disappointing this crap is, I can't say it's unexpected. Maybe I'm past caring.

Our weakness on the footballing front, where it matters, is most definately with the tw@t who hides behind the shield of 'I admit to not knowing what I'm doing', expecting forgiveness from 7k people year on year. He ain't fekn God, he's a Tory money grabbing cnut,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to change the Manager ??..   Is it time to change the Manager ??.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it time to change the Manager ??..
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next