Freathy
harvetheslayer
Tgwu
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Accrington Stanley Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 7:35 am

Officials for the Accrington Stanley

Man in the middle  Nicholas Kinseley     Shown   YELLOW 23 RED 4
Our only game he Ref this season was the away 2 nil win against Northampton, In this game he showed 3 YELLOW 1 RED

Assisted by Robert Dabbs and Richard Hulme

Fourth Official Andrew Bennett

Accrington has won 5 out of last 6 games, last game beat Barnet 2 - 1 away.

Accrington Stanley boss John Coleman has been named the Sky Bet League Manager of the month for September.

Accrington Stanley are offering long serving supporters the chance to buy special season tickets – allowing them to come to home league games for the next 20 years!

In response to requests from a number of supporters, over 65’s can now purchase tickets that don’t just guarantee football at the Store First Stadium for 2015/16 but right the way through until 2036.

With the price set at the same as five years’ of season tickets at current rates, that means you’ll get 15 campaigns for free!

Looking at this morning tickets sell this game should have a good attendance

“This particular initiative was one actually suggested to me by some of our more vintage supporters and I think it is a great idea,” said Stanley Chairman Peter Marsden. “Not only do our Golden Oldies (who have earned their stripes) get a chance to buy a season ticket for the next 20 years at a favourable price but it gives the Club a little more cash during the close season.”

The ‘Super 60s’ scheme offers a season ticket for the next 20 years, plus the opportunity for a ‘guest’ to attend an additional 5 games per season for the duration of the ticket.**

The 20 years season ticket is available for the cost of only 5 full price 2014/15 Concession season tickets, which is just £1000.

Looking at this morning tickets sell this game should have a good attendance
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 7:42 am

Nice deal for some obviously they are working on percentages of people who die or will become to infirm to go but nevertheless great idea and have offered in the "guest" 5 games
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 7:43 am

I'll be staggered if its less than 10,000 Saturday
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:16 am

We struggled at home to Barnet and Crawley and did an outrageous smash and grab at Notts County. Riding our luck won't be good enough aganst very in form Accrington Stanley. I think we'll lose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:29 am

Well, as if no one has learned anything from the credit madness of the last 20 years, What's the betting Accrington hit money problems within the next 10 years. Spend now, go bust tomorrow.
As to the actual deal, all it does is still further widen the gap between season ticket holders and POTD fans at that club. Into the future, many Accrington ST holders will pay nothing. Just who do they think are going to keep the club afloat then. Madness. jocolor clown
So, Harvey, when you see the crowd still at the 8000 mark at best on Saturday, you'll be another that twigs how much the increasing ghetto mentality pricing policy has affected attendances over the years. The odd game here and there for many casual fans has just become comparatively far too expensive to bother, and they have long moved onto pastures new.
Of course, in the era of the superfan and the geek, maybe this is what they want.
40 years ago, season ticket holders were probably no more than 5 to 10% of a football crowd. Now, at Home Park, it is probably nearer 60 to 70%.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:55 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

Not a chance Harv.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 9:10 am

Bradford tried that a few years ago before they went into meltdown didn't they? Bad news for the club, and bad news for the Bradford fans who bought them when they were a big-spending Premier League club and then had to sit through a decade of misery.

This'll be a tough game but I would hope we've got enough to win it. Argyle 2-1 Stanley.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 4:51 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Not a chance Harv.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we have won the last 4 Games in a row, we're top of the League by 3 Points, success is all over the Media and Papers I'll be staggered if its less than 10k. In fact I'll leave the Country. affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 5:18 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Not a chance Harv.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we have won the last 4 Games in a row, we're top of the League by 3 Points, success is all over the Media and Papers I'll be staggered if its less than 10k. In fact I'll leave the Country. affraid affraid

Get yer passport ready Harv and prepare to be staggered.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 7:43 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Not a chance Harv.

Well I stand by it......if its less than 10,000 I'll leave the Country. No Bullshit consider it on....
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 7:53 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Not a chance Harv.

Well I stand by it......if its less than 10,000 I'll leave the Country. No Bullshit consider it on....

And just for good measure, if it's over 10,000 you'll leave the country too? Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:02 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Not a chance Harv.

Enjoy your holiday afro
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:07 pm

It already booked Very Happy

Argyle season form going into this game, : WLWWWLWDDWWW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:11 pm

Tgwu wrote:
It already booked Very Happy

Argyle season form going into this game, : WLWWWLWDDWWW
Jonathan Ross would struggle with all those W's lol!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 6:06 am

Les Miserable wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Not a chance Harv.

Passport is ready and will be gone by Sunday. Been in contact with the Box Office and its looking desperate. popcorn
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 7:55 am

sunny
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:14 pm

Accy will bring one man and a dog. I'm going for 9,336.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:30 pm

Lower.....around the 8k mark I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 2:06 pm

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 3:41 pm

10,002 nailed on with rivets.....
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 3:59 pm

This could become a crowd forecasting league, 8,500.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 4:19 pm

Still no money for the manager

Plymouth Argyle: Gregg Wylde 'scares defenders', says manager
By James Law BBC Sport

Plymouth Argyle winger Gregg Wylde "scares defenders" with his pace, according to manager Derek Adams.

The 24-year-old has started nine of the Devon side's 12 League Two games this season, but has been taken off by half-time in four of them.

"There will be times where he's not going to see much of the ball and not going to be in the game," Adams said.

"But when he gets that opportunity he causes teams problems and in a lot of games he's a great outlet for us."

The former Scotland under-21 international joined the Pilgrims this summer after being released by St Mirren following relegation from the Scottish Premiership.

He was replaced after just 32 minutes of Plymouth's 2-0 win at Notts County last Saturday, which kept them top of the table, because of illness
Winning without Wylde

Plymouth have gone on to win all four of the games in which Wylde has been taken off before half-time

"What people sometimes don't realise is when he plays against a defender he scares them because of his pace, and that can shift them back five or 10 yards," Adams told BBC Sport.

"He's our only out-and-out winger. Nowadays we don't see as many wingers because full-backs are more powerful and quicker than they used to be.

"If you cause a full-back trouble, they've got a problem if they want to go forward. It's a bit like cat and mouse where one goes, one stays and we'll see who wins the battle."

Adams also revealed he is still looking at keeper Deniz Mehmet, who has been on trial, but will not be able to make a move for any player until January because of budgetary constraints
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 4:32 pm

SKY SPORTS

Graham Carey is expected to be among the substitutes once again when Plymouth welcome Accrington to Home Park in Sky Bet League Two.

The midfielder, who has scored five times this season, was introduced in the second half of the 2-0 win at Notts County last Sunday following a knee injury.

Boss Derek Adams told the club's official website: "He's not 100% just yet so we're assessing him over the next couple of days. Everybody else is getting there.

Plymouth1/1     Draw12/5     Accrington Stanley11/4

Accrington could have two players back in their squad for the top-of-the-table clash.

Huddersfield loanee Joe Wright, who came off against Oxford at the start of the month with a head injury, is back in training after being away with Wales Under-21s.

And Stanley have also welcomed defender Tom Davies back to training following a knee problem.

Winger Kaid Mohamed made his debut off the bench last time out and will be hoping for a bigger role after his 22-minute cameo.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 4:46 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Still no money for the manager

Plymouth Argyle: Gregg Wylde 'scares defenders', says manager
By James Law BBC Sport

Plymouth Argyle winger Gregg Wylde "scares defenders" with his pace, according to manager Derek Adams.

The 24-year-old has started nine of the Devon side's 12 League Two games this season, but has been taken off by half-time in four of them.

"There will be times where he's not going to see much of the ball and not going to be in the game," Adams said.

"But when he gets that opportunity he causes teams problems and in a lot of games he's a great outlet for us."

The former Scotland under-21 international joined the Pilgrims this summer after being released by St Mirren following relegation from the Scottish Premiership.

He was replaced after just 32 minutes of Plymouth's 2-0 win at Notts County last Saturday, which kept them top of the table, because of illness
Winning without Wylde

Plymouth have gone on to win all four of the games in which Wylde has been taken off before half-time

"What people sometimes don't realise is when he plays against a defender he scares them because of his pace, and that can shift them back five or 10 yards," Adams told BBC Sport.

"He's our only out-and-out winger. Nowadays we don't see as many wingers because full-backs are more powerful and quicker than they used to be.

"If you cause a full-back trouble, they've got a problem if they want to go forward. It's a bit like cat and mouse where one goes, one stays and we'll see who wins the battle."

Adams also revealed he is still looking at keeper Deniz Mehmet, who has been on trial, but will not be able to make a move for any player until January because of budgetary constraints

Already done on the BBC thread T&G
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 6:28 am

A bit of fun from Stanley

Plymouth Argyle V Accrington Stanley

2015/16 Prediction League; Game 13 v Plymouth (away)

Good goal scorers, so they say, hunt in packs, like submarines (I very nearly typed “sardines” then ; it’s an age thing! ) …..Think SAS (Shearer and Sutton) , Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke, Charlie and Lola ………. Plymouth’s “Charlie and Lola” are, of course, Reuben Reid and Jake Jervis (hereafter known as RR&JJ), who have 11 of their team’s current 21 goals between them – 6 for Jervis, 5 for Reid ………..Our version is Windass and Crookes , of course, with 6 and 5 respectively as well (how nice to have two players, at this point in the season, with more than two goals to their name! ), so we can claim to match the Green Army there ……….and we lead them as “form team” , since their last six have resulted in 4 wins and two draws (13 points), while we’ve got 5 wins in six (15 points) …….Indeed, we lead EVERYONE as the current “form team”, so Yah Sucks Boo to the lot of you!

Out, in the summer, went 10, including some “names”; Paul Wotton, who played for Plymouth from 1994 to 2008, Southampton from 2008 to 2011, Yeovil for one season, and Plymouth for the last three of an illustrious career (skipper, well over 500 games in all, and two League titles) retired, and came back as first-team coach ; winger Lewis Alessandra (ex Shrimps) went to Rochdale; MF Jason Banton joined Wycombe; 8’ 11” (ok, 6’ 7”) striker Marvin Morgan moved on to Havant and Waterlooville; CB Anthony O’Connor signed for the Brewers (Burton) – did anybody else think that Lord Sunbeds was having a torrid time at RB against Walsall, judged from the highlights on Channel Five? ) MF Dominic Blizzard (30), Matt Lecointe (who hasn’t played for the last two seasons owing to ruptured knee ligaments) and ex Brizzle R MF Oliver Norburn (who may or may not have gone back there) were released, as was River Allen (not related to River Phoenix or the River Thames ), who appears to have meandered to Gateshead ….

In came the aforementioned JJ (from Ross County, having been at Birmingham, loads of places on loan including PNE, Carlisle and Tranmere, and at Elazigspor (Turkish Div Two – who says this drivel isn’t educational? ), plus LW Gregg Wylde from St Mirren, LB Gary Sawyer from Leyton Orient, AM Graham Carey, who came from Ross County as well, presumably to share the petrol costs with Jake , and CMF Josh Simpson from Crawley

The immediate result of that wheeler-dealing was an impressive (! ) 4-2 win away at Elburton Villa (who play in the South West Peninsula League Premier Division and who are, apparently, the third-highest ranked club in Plymouth, bested only by Argyle and Plymouth Parkway – which I thought was a railway station ……..) ….after a successful pre-season (unless you count the 1-1 draw at Truro City and the 3-3 draw at Bath) they set about League Two with a vengeance ; currently they’re top, with a record of P12 W8 D2 L2 GF20 GA9 and 26 points ……. The two defeats were Portsmouth at home (2-1) and Stevenage away (also 2-1), and the two draws were Bristol Rovers (home) 1-1 (conceding the lead to a 90th minute penalty!) and Mansfield (in the following game) 0-0 …….they have identical home and away record (W4 D1 L1), and don’t score bucket-loads (20 in twelve, plus one in a 2-1 home defeat by Gillingham in the Carling ……13 in 21, four goals once (home to Carlisle (4-1)), and apart from that, one or two a game; they’ve only failed to score once (Mansfield), and kept five clean sheets, but those included the Wombles and Newport as well as the Cobblers, the Stags and Notts County

Head-to-head, since they came crashing through the floor of League One, is mainly draws; in 2011/12 we drew 2-2 away and lost 4-0 at home (how well I remember that one! ); 12/13 was 1-1 at home and 0-0 away, and 13/14 was identical; last season we actually beat them for the first time in 56 years (1-0 at home), but lost the return by the same score ……we haven’t scored at Home Park in the last three attempts (but they’ve only scored once in that time), and have a total of 5 goals in 8 matches – which, setting aside the Mauling at Fortress Crown – is actually what they’ve scored as well ….

Previous managers include Tony Waiters, Malcolm Allison, Bobby Moncur, Peter Shilton, Neil Warnock, Tony Pulis, Ian Holloway, Paul Sturrock (twice) and Peter Reid; Assistant Manager – an undervalued position (what the hell WAS Leam doing last week at Cambridge? ) – is Craig Brewster, whose 25-year career took him to Forfar, Raith, Dundee Utd (twice), Hibs, Dunfermline, Inverness Caleys (twice), Aberdeen and Ross County, plus a five year stint at Ionikos FC (based in Piraeus, and during his time they played in the Greek Super League (and the Uefa Cup), at one time managed by ex Dynamo Kyev star Oleg Blokhin ); their record win is 8-1 against Millwall in 1932 and Hartlepool in 1994, but their record loss was 0-9 against Stoke in 1960; pie and a brew will cost you a fiver (£3 + £2), matched by a few and beaten by Brizzle R (£5.50), Luton (£5.30) and Northampton (£5.20 – but facing a winding-up petition, they happen need the money! ); Kit Man? not a clue!

Plymouth Argyle Guess The Gate from 6,666 to 7,777
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley Match Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next