Les Miserable
Freathy
harvetheslayer
Tgwu
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 5:51 pm

Graiser wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:
I've never understood the idea of "luck", unless it's just a pointless human "shit happens" sort of throw away.
However, I am a believer of "fate" that gives  far more coherent causal reasoning for what goes down, that many have been conditioned to think of as spooky. It's not unlucky that we die, it's fate.  

Adams is fated to succeed at this level at this time. Brent is lucky to have him.

Or is Del Boy lucky Brent selected him from all of the applicants ?

Is that a serious question ? Laughing
Brent did well to listen to another chair who said they were impressed with Adams as a candidate for their club. I actually do believe Brent listens to people. Especially when they come as a cheap option.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 5:52 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:
I've never understood the idea of "luck", unless it's just a pointless human "shit happens" sort of throw away.
However, I am a believer of "fate" that gives  far more coherent causal reasoning for what goes down, that many have been conditioned to think of as spooky. It's not unlucky that we die, it's fate.  

Adams is fated to succeed at this level at this time. Brent is lucky to have him.

Certainly wouldn't say that Adams was lucky to get the Argyle job. With his record of achievement at Ross County, it was inevitable that someone would have come in for him sooner or later, whether it be in Scotland or England.

Understand that GS, I was just making the point that DA applied for the job amongst others and was selected as best candidate, so Brent could be lucky that DA applied for the job in the first place I suppose, but DA still had to fit the selection criteria, so a bit of grudging credit should also go to the selection panel
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 5:52 pm

Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:

Certainly wouldn't say that Adams was lucky to get the Argyle job. With his record of achievement at Ross County, it was inevitable that someone would have come in for him sooner or later, whether it be in Scotland or England.

Understand that GS, I was just making the point that DA applied for the job amongst others and was selected as best candidate, so Brent could be lucky that DA applied for the job in the first place I suppose, but DA still had to fit the selection criteria, so a bit of grudging credit should also go to the selection panel

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 5:57 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:

Is that a serious question ?  Laughing
Brent did well to listen to another chair who said they were impressed with Adams as a candidate for their club. I actually do believe Brent listens to people. Especially when they come as a cheap option.

Course it was a serious question and don't forget that DA was out of work for around 10 months which is a long time in that industry, so just how inevitable he would be snapped up by somebody sure took a long bleddy time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:01 pm

Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:

There you go again, luck, luck. luck. The mantra of also-rans. My whole point here is Adams is not succeeding on luck. It was quite apparent the first day he rocked up. Even Tringy smelled it.
Brent listened to another chair that interviewed Adams previously. And so I should hope. Almost prodded to get his act together. Don't forget, Brent is the guy who thought Fletcher was an outstanding, yes outstanding, individual. Brent is too concerned with other matters to notice which employees might make a huge difference. He hasn't got that depth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:15 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:

There you go again, luck, luck. luck. The mantra of also-rans. My whole point here is Adams is not succeeding on luck. It was quite apparent the first day he rocked up. Even Tringy smelled it.
Brent listened to another chair that interviewed Adams previously. And so I should hope. Almost prodded to get his act together. Don't forget, Brent is the guy who thought Fletcher was an outstanding, yes outstanding, individual. Brent is too concerned with other matters to notice which employees might make a huge difference. He hasn't got that depth.

I've never said nor implied Adams is succeeding by Luck, he appears a very astute manager and long may it continue, My response is to your statement that Brent was lucky to have him and I'm merely suggesting that he was selected by an interview panel and not by a lucky dip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:22 pm

( Sigh ) Graiser, I already said I don't adhere to the concept of luck. My Brent luck comment was a piss take, tongue in cheek.
Luck goes nowhere, fate does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:27 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
( Sigh ) Graiser, I already said I don't adhere to the concept of luck. My Brent luck comment was a piss take, tongue in cheek.

Rightio we'll move on then
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:45 pm

Graiser wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:

I would say it was more down to Starnes than Brent for selecting del bhey.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:55 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:

So it's fate that you get killed crossing the road. What happens if you don't cross the road. Do you get killed by a passing pushchair? I've never understood this throw away line ' it's fate'.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 7:00 pm

I know you haven't Rollo. People's understandings are different.
Back to top Go down
vincent_vega

vincent_vega

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 7:34 pm

Went yesterday for the first time in a few years. We look like a team who know how to win. Fcuk all to do with Brent et al just a team grinding it out. If Brent doesn't sell our soul in Jan we will cruise this league.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 7:52 pm

vincent_vega wrote:
Went yesterday for the first time in a few years. We look like a team who know how to win. Fcuk all to do with Brent et al just a team grinding it out. If Brent doesn't sell our soul in Jan we will cruise this league.

I mentioned on John Lloyds free chat this morning that everyone is banging on how we are top and how to stay there. We should be looking no further than how far we are in front of 4th and nothing else.
7 points is staggering to be honest long may it continue, few would have believed it possible after just 13 Games
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 9:10 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
vincent_vega wrote:

I mentioned on John Lloyds free chat this morning that everyone is banging on how we are top and how to stay there. We should be looking no further than how far we are in front of 4th and nothing else.
7 points is staggering to be honest long may it continue, few would have believed it possible after just 13 Games

You still 'ere!
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 10:19 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
I know you haven't Rollo. People's understandings are different.

It's so obvious when you put it like that.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 6:31 pm

Angry wrote:
We will hit a blip or 2 in form at some point this season its how Del bhey and the team deal with them that will be the true test of our championship/promotion resolve.
We've had our 2 blips. Pompey home and Stevenage away. Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 8:34 pm

tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
We will hit a blip or 2 in form at some point this season its how Del bhey and the team deal with them that will be the true test of our championship/promotion resolve.
We've had our 2 blips. Pompey home and Stevenage away. Thumbs

sigh

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 2:18 pm

Football On 5 Verified account
‏@footballon5

The votes have been counted - here's your goal of the week! Congratulations to Reuben Reid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 3:14 pm

That's a cracker. Make the doubting twats eat their words one by one Roobs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley Match Thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5