harvetheslayer
Tgwu
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 5:41 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Jon L wrote:

Bags are packed and I leave as promised banished to the wilderness. How can we be top, 5 wins on the spin (including Exeter) and get 7,865.
Gutted..... affraid affraid

It never starts before Christmas shopping Saturdays.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 5:41 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Jon L wrote:

Bags are packed and I leave as promised banished to the wilderness. How can we be top, 5 wins on the spin (including Exeter) and get 7,865.

Two reasons i think harv, Twenty two quid to get in, and Brents refusal to allow Adams permission to sign up a reserve keeper on probably very low wages proves Jimmy has no ambition whatsoever for Argyle meaning the stayaways wont bother.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 5:49 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Freathy wrote:
If we're shit now, just wait till after January.  Seriously can't see us even making the play-offs.

I get you, I really do, but it's even boring me a bit now.

7 points clear of the play offs.

feck all the Brent shite. Do you want to be promoted?

Brent is the reason we won't get promoted. January will be carnage.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 5:54 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Jon L wrote:

'Tis true. The difference though, is I've never in my lifetime seen an Argyle team start this well in a season. I'm no old-timer, but I still have around 35 seasons to my name.

This start is pretty much unprecedented in modern times isn't it?

I'm an absolute realist, but I was disappointed with that crowd today.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Lower.....around the 8k mark I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 6:02 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Jon L wrote:

That is a shit crowd seeing as we are top of the league.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 6:10 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Jon L wrote:

That is a shit crowd seeing as we are top of the league.

It is shit. There's no denying it.

What's sadder though, is that irrespective of the Circus running the show upstairs, or the pantomime Official Fans site, we are top of the league and it is a barometer of what we really are as a club when people can't be fecked to show even when we're top of the league.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 6:11 pm

The bigger picture remains a non investing, bucket rattling Avivafest and the wider , potential fanbase, needs more than DA's current heroics to buy in.
If the club was in the hands of moderately wealthy owners , showing signs of building something really good and with a touch of class and vision, more would come.
The stay aways know it's 'same old Argo', in fact it's worse than that. Czarcs and co also know the truth but are local and addicted to the whole match day experience and I would probably be the same if I hadn't moved away, long ago.

If brent doesn't back Adams in his January planning, that will be further evidence of why PAFC is not convincing anyone, of anything.

Back to top Go down
Ken Adams

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 6:19 pm

What Tring said with bells on. People aren't stupid...they are sick of the bullsh1t from Brent. If the wider picture was different they would fill seats. 'Build it and they will come'...
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 6:24 pm

Tringreen wrote:
The bigger picture remains a non investing, bucket rattling Avivafest and the wider , potential fanbase, needs more than DA's current heroics to buy in.
If the club was in the hands of moderately wealthy owners , showing signs of building something really good and with a touch of class and vision, more would come.
The stay aways know it's 'same old Argo', in fact it's worse than that. Czarcs and co also know the truth but are local and addicted to the whole match day experience and I would probably be the same if I hadn't moved away, long ago.

If brent doesn't back Adams in his January planning, that will be further evidence of why PAFC is not convincing anyone, of anything.

Foreshore, January will be crucial. But the last two games have shown quite clearly to me what type of mindset is embedded in the team. If we'd lost the last two games no one really could have argued. But we are winning games without even needing to be the better team. When that starts happening again and again, and you are there watching it, you get a feel for what is happening with this team.

If the rug is pulled from beneath Adams in January I'll be the first to slate the Circus upstairs. But I can't not delight in seeing us win week after week after week.

And believe me, I'm savvy enough to not just be enjoying the ride.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 6:29 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Jon L wrote:

'Tis true. The difference though, is I've never in my lifetime seen an Argyle team start this well in a season. I'm no old-timer, but I still have around 35 seasons to my name.

This start is pretty much unprecedented in modern times isn't it?

I'm an absolute realist, but I was disappointed with that crowd today.

I cant recall first games although I can recall myself and my brother when I was 10 in 1970 in the Lyndhurst and I cant recall a better start ever either
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 6:39 pm

The gate was just about what was to be expected-unrealistic to be talking about 10000 for the visit of Accrington. The gates will crescendo after Christmas if Argyle maintain their current form as they always do in any promotion season and rightly so-Argyle have dished up far too much crap over the years for any other than a cynical attitude to be prevalent.

Anyway, the game. Woodwork worn out, McCormick's hands bruised, paintwork on the goal posts shaved and Argyle still won. Accrington looked a very good side in the first half and cut Argyle open seemingly at will, hit the bar and numerous strikes of varying quality. Argyle didn't really offer too much in reply, shots from Mellor and Reid but can't remember too many clear cut chances. DA stiffened the midfield at HT bringing on McHugh and Carey and Argyle were certainly tighter and more in the game. It took a truly superb strike from Roobs-a thigh high volley from a dropping ball, wonderful technique-to put Argyle in front but that was the signal for Stanley to resume their earlier dominance and jeez, Argyle hung on. They hit the bar again,Luke made a couple of excellent stops and there were also a couple of other near misses but somehow Argyle held on. Accrington will consider themselves unlucky but I guess the bottom line is the scoreline-you get the feeling though that the next two away games are going to be a real test of Argyle's credentials-hopefully Reid will be fit after going off injured today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 6:46 pm

Because it's a ghetto. Outside of holidays and the odd one off, no one else bothers anymore apart from the regulars that get in for half the POTD price for newcomers, families that don't in reality even turn up, and teenagers that pay threepence a game.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 6:51 pm

Greenskin wrote:
The gate was just about what was to be expected-unrealistic to be talking about 10000 for the visit of Accrington. The gates will crescendo after Christmas if Argyle maintain their current form as they always do in any promotion season and rightly so-Argyle have dished up far too much crap over the years for any other than a cynical attitude to be prevalent.

Anyway, the game. Woodwork worn out, McCormick's hands bruised, paintwork on the goal posts shaved and Argyle still won. Accrington looked a very good side in the first half and cut Argyle open seemingly at will, hit the bar and numerous strikes of varying quality. Argyle didn't really offer too much in reply, shots from Mellor and Reid but can't remember too many clear cut chances. DA stiffened the midfield at HT bringing on McHugh and Carey and Argyle were certainly tighter and more in the game. It took a truly superb strike from Roobs-a thigh high volley from a dropping ball, wonderful technique-to put Argyle in front but that was the signal for Stanley to resume their earlier dominance and jeez, Argyle hung on. They hit the bar again,Luke made a couple of excellent stops and there were also a couple of other near misses but somehow Argyle held on. Accrington will consider themselves unlucky but I guess the bottom line is the scoreline-you get the feeling though that the next two away games are going to be a real test of Argyle's credentials-hopefully Reid will be fit after going off injured today.

Oxford and Luton will no doubt be aiming to win the games against Argyle and both will be stern tests.

If Argyle can get four points (I would like six), then I would be happy with that tbh.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 7:00 pm

We were talking about this three game stretch today. For me, 5 points from 9 is about Par. So any win from the next two and I'd say we are in 'bonus' time.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 7:02 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Because it's a ghetto. Outside of holidays and the odd one off, no one else bothers anymore apart from the regulars that get in for half the POTD price for newcomers, families that don't in reality even turn up, and teenagers that pay threepence a game.

I don't go much anymore, only selective games. At £23 a pop, I just can't do all the home games. It is a push at the  best of times, although I will sometimes buy my ticket in advance. Throw in a programme, a couple of 50/50 tickets and some scoff and you are looking at £30 plus just for an afternoon watching the footie.

I will probably go to the Millwall game as my next visit to HP and the next home game after that. I will probably go to Exeter City and Bristol Rovers away. I always try to cram in twelve games or so per season if I can.

It used to be a laugh to go and watch Argyle, a few beers, stagger in and cheer on the greens. I hate sitting down at football matches, the seats are uncomfortable, you have stand up when someone wants to go to the toilet or the refreshment stand. It is like a conformity ritual these days.

I do miss the terrace experience and I would like to see it return, but that is wishful thinking I suppose.  

It is such a shame that the terracing under the Mayflower can't be opened up again, we are in League Two These days, not the Championship.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 7:11 pm

The Ciderman was half time guest today and typical of the man, he did something different by pulling out number 00001 for the half time draw. He's 82 now, hard to believe that it was 30 years ago that he managed his energetic and goal powered team to promotion. Probably would have taken us even further with the right backing. Good to see him again.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 7:12 pm

I'm just so used to working out how many points to avoid the drop that my brain is still doing it. Keep this up and we'll be safe before Jan 1st salute

I think with Burton losing we now have the most wins in the FL !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 7:15 pm

Tringreen wrote:

If the penny didnt drop with those idiots in january this year when brent didnt back Sheridan with funds then it wont next January with Del Bhey. Sadly too many knobs still back brent.

Last edited by Angry on Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 7:16 pm

First game of the season for me, rode out luck, we're outplayed for large periods of time and relied on our better than lge two keeper for most of the match but at the end of the day our better finishing won us an undeserved three points for what the fourth game in a row? I'll take that. Reminded me of Phil Browns Hull team beating Ollies all stars one nil early in  the CCC season, when incidentally I got shouted down for saying they would be promoted and they did lol.
Ps. Would all the people who were saying that Reid was shit, finished, lazy, disinterested, over it post injury ect. please line up and bend over because you've got it coming to you.
As for finishing position I as an older fan have seen it all before, is Brent relishing promotion and saving up to get Adams that extra wee gem or two in January or is he rubbing his hands and hoping the sale of Carey and Reid will solve his debt problem? Time will tell but only if and when Brent shows some class will the stayaways come back regularly and who can blame them.
On today's crowd who's surprised when Accers only bring about 54 themselves? Hardly a glory match. Is this was Pompey today then 12 or 14 k wouldn't have shocked me but then 5 of them would be Pompey. At the end of the day we should all be rejoicing that 8k turn up to watch a team have stagnated in the bottom of the football league for five years, keep it real guys and gals.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 7:19 pm

Tringreen wrote:

We would all hope Brent backs Adams in January, should Argyle still be in the top three at best, top seven at worst.

I was not expecting Argyle to be in the position they are currently in and I hope it can continue, at a push I would have said back in August that if Argyle were in Play-Off positions come mid-October, I would have taken that.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 7:21 pm

Greenskin wrote:
The Ciderman was half time guest today and typical of the man, he did something different by pulling out number 00001 for the half time draw. He's 82 now, hard to believe that it was 30 years ago that he managed his energetic and goal powered team to promotion. Probably would have taken us even further with the right backing. Good to see him again.

That promotion season will live long in the memory. A class team we had back then.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 7:26 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
We're shit but we're top of the league, we're shit but we're top of the league... scratch .........outplayed in almost every home match so far, genius tactics or lucky as fcuk?

We're certainly not shit Les but I can't argue with the rest of it.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 7:41 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Sums it up for me, I missed the fecking goal syphoning the python Mad . Can't ever recall Argyle being outplayed in so many games at home yet coming away with so many points(except Pompey). Must be doing something right I suppose !! Our style and system really seems to be set up for away performances where we've had some fantastic results, as Greenskin says the next 2 will be a barometer of where we are. I don't go away these days but what I've seen at home doesn't smack of a team that is good enough to be 3 points clear at the top, I'm not complaining though and I'll certainly take it. Well done to the management and players chickendance
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 7:58 pm

Apparently Reid was all smiles in the business lounge earlier, perhaps the injury is not too bad ?.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley Match Thread   Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley Match Thread
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next