VillageGreen
Earwegoagain
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 10:40 am

POI wrote:
Jethro wrote:
A row erupted over the Government’s Covid figures last night as it emerged almost one in three in hospital with the virus was admitted for unrelated reasons.

NHS statistics revealed the proportion of so-called ‘incidental’ coronavirus admissions had risen to a record 29 per cent – sparking claims that official figures were misleading.

These cases are from patients taken to hospital for an unrelated reason, such as a fall or broken bone, who just happen to then discover they also have the virus.

It means thousands of those who are being counted as Covid admissions – which would suggest they are severely ill with the condition – are not actually suffering seriously with the virus.

Many only tested positive once they were on wards – and may have simply caught the virus while there.

link

Omicron is “not the same disease we were seeing a year ago” and high Covid death rates in the UK are “now history”, a leading immunologist has said.

Sir John Bell, regius professor of medicine at Oxford University and the government’s life sciences adviser, said that although hospital admissions had increased in recent weeks as Omicron spreads through the population, the disease “appears to be less severe and many people spend a relatively short time in hospital”. Fewer patients were needing high-flow oxygen and the average length of stay was down to three days, he said.

link

LOL. They've fudged the figures from the start of this whole shit show. It's called control through fear and hysteria -  gotta keep them peasants under control. laugh

I fell for it at the start.
Got more cynical since.
Yes it's a terrible disease, but no one can deny them manipulating things.

Cause think about it ,
I've been in hospital for about six weeks this year.
With gallstones and jaundice was right yellow.

If every two days when they tested for covid and I had caught it.

I'd be put down as a covid patients through an incidental finding.

Bit like those who got covid early on then ,
Unfortunately passed within 30 days.

But they happened to get hit by a bus.
No covid killed them.

I'm not denying the disease

Just how it's being handled by those.who are meant to be looking after us.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 10:56 am

Jethro wrote:
POI wrote:
Jethro wrote:
A row erupted over the Government’s Covid figures last night as it emerged almost one in three in hospital with the virus was admitted for unrelated reasons.

NHS statistics revealed the proportion of so-called ‘incidental’ coronavirus admissions had risen to a record 29 per cent – sparking claims that official figures were misleading.

These cases are from patients taken to hospital for an unrelated reason, such as a fall or broken bone, who just happen to then discover they also have the virus.

It means thousands of those who are being counted as Covid admissions – which would suggest they are severely ill with the condition – are not actually suffering seriously with the virus.

Many only tested positive once they were on wards – and may have simply caught the virus while there.

link

Omicron is “not the same disease we were seeing a year ago” and high Covid death rates in the UK are “now history”, a leading immunologist has said.

Sir John Bell, regius professor of medicine at Oxford University and the government’s life sciences adviser, said that although hospital admissions had increased in recent weeks as Omicron spreads through the population, the disease “appears to be less severe and many people spend a relatively short time in hospital”. Fewer patients were needing high-flow oxygen and the average length of stay was down to three days, he said.

link

LOL. They've fudged the figures from the start of this whole shit show. It's called control through fear and hysteria -  gotta keep them peasants under control. laugh

Got more cynical since.

Cause think about it ,

No covid killed them.

I'm not for one minute denying it can be a deadly disease mate, and I like most take precautions in enclosed spaces when there's other people about, but, the figures peddled to the masses have been wildly inaccurate and exaggerated since day 1 of this shitdemic. 150k Covid deaths? fack off. Anyone who's admitted to hospital for what ever reason and 'then' catches Covid, like yourself is recorded ( if the worse happens) as dying of With Covid. Well, of course they did. If they died with Covid, they died with Covid. That's a fact. But- these 150+k who have sadly lost their lives this year have been recorded as Covid deaths. Bollox.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 11:16 am

Jethro wrote:
POI wrote:
Jethro wrote:

link

link

Got more cynical since.

Cause think about it ,

No covid killed them.

Out of interest how would you report the numbers of people who acquire Covid in hospital, and go on to die from it?

If the governments primary objective was to scare-monger, then keeping possibly the most ‘open’ society in Europe, in terms of restrictions, would seen counter-intuitive, no?

What rings the most alarms bells is surely how easy it appears to catch Covid....in hospital!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 11:29 am

It's no wonder it's easy to catch in hospital my BIL who works in there has been pinged by the app many times yet as an essential worker he has to go into work.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 12:48 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
It's no wonder it's easy to catch in hospital my BIL who works in there has been pinged by the app many times yet as an essential worker he has to go into work.

It would depend where he got pinged from. My missus and daughter both work at Derriford. If I were to test positive, they’d both have to stay at home. That’s why there are so many off up there.

Although the rules are changing she thinks, to stop people potentially taking the piss.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 1:03 pm

They need to separate the cause of death. Someone who goes into hospital because of a heart attack and dies but catches covid while there then covid is a secondary cause of their demise.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 1:05 pm

POI wrote:
Jethro wrote:
POI wrote:
Jethro wrote:

link

link

Got more cynical since.

Cause think about it ,

No covid killed them.

I'm not for one minute denying it can be a deadly disease mate, and I like most take precautions in enclosed spaces when there's other people about, but, the figures peddled to the masses have been wildly inaccurate and exaggerated since day 1 of this shitdemic. 150k Covid deaths? fack off. Anyone who's admitted to hospital for what ever reason and 'then' catches Covid, like yourself is recorded ( if the worse happens) as dying of With Covid. Well, of course they did. If they died with Covid, they died with Covid. That's a fact. But- these 150+k who have sadly lost their lives this year have been recorded as Covid deaths. Bollox.

Didn't think that you was.

I do the same but the numbers are troubling.

Guess we will only find out the true number after the enquiry.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 1:10 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Jethro wrote:
POI wrote:
Jethro wrote:

link

link

Got more cynical since.

Cause think about it ,

No covid killed them.

Out of interest how would you report the numbers of people who acquire Covid in hospital, and go on to die from it?

If the governments primary objective was to scare-monger, then keeping possibly the most ‘open’ society in Europe, in terms of restrictions, would seen counter-intuitive, no?

What rings the most alarms bells is surely how easy it appears to catch Covid....in hospital!

The numbers of who is in because of Covid and the incidental findings are out there.

It's the death numbers which are skewed.

For sure for at least a couple days when I was on one ward in a side room.

They had the bay across from me shut up cause they found a Covid case.

You don't sit in hospital 24/7 with a mask on either.

Only when your moving around the hospital scans etc.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 1:42 pm

Jethro wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Jethro wrote:
POI wrote:
Jethro wrote:

link

link

Got more cynical since.

Cause think about it ,

No covid killed them.

The numbers of who is in because of Covid and the incidental findings are out there.

When I was up Derriford back in late July/early August I got tested three times. No mask worn in the ward.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 2:16 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

It would depend where he got pinged from. My missus and daughter both work at Derriford. If I were to test positive, they’d both have to stay at home. That’s why there are so many off up there.

Although the rules are changing she thinks, to stop people potentially taking the piss.

Too many rules innit. From what I understood when my bhey was positive myself and the missus who tested negative and have had 3 jabs didn't have to self isolate but just thought we would as we didn't want to give it to anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 2:29 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Jethro wrote:
POI wrote:
Jethro wrote:

link

link

Got more cynical since.

Cause think about it ,

No covid killed them.

When I was up Derriford back in late July/early August I got tested three times. No mask worn in the ward.

I got tested a lot cause I was in there 8-10 days at a time

Only after the first couple they said you don't have to keep the mask on.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 5:06 pm

only a month too early....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 6:59 pm

Bloody Labour Government! Proberly hoarded them and caused the shortage here.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 10:36 pm

I dunno about everybody else but I am sick to the back teeth of politicizing a pandemic.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 11:06 pm

Sorry chaps, too early.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 11:22 pm

No need for extra restrictions say NHS chiefs
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 10:13 am

The behaviour of this  woman and her fellow anti-vaxx cohorts at a Milton Keynes covid test centre is disgraceful

Police would like to talk to her
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 9:53 am

A new variant has been discovered in France.

LINK
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 10:33 am

That will give the bbc and sky more air time to spread panic and anti Tory propaganda.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 11:26 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
That will give the bbc and sky more air time to spread panic and anti Tory propaganda.

WHO are aware of it and are keeping an eye on it. In fact , they are tracking a few new variants at the moment and a WHO professor was on BBC World Service last night talking about it. One of those they are watching is a mutation in the Delta variant.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 2:05 pm

Interesting article in the below from ITV News interview with Dr Julian Tang.

Dr Julian Tang, honourary associate professor and clinical virologist in respiratory sciences at the University of Leicester, told ITV News the virus would become similar to the common cold or influenza over time - with severity fluctuating each year as it does with flu.

"It is becoming more endemic, more seasonal and I suspect, personally, that this virus will evolve us out of the pandemic before we solve any of those global equity problems with vaccination," he said - urging people to continue following the measures put in place to try and limit the spread of the Omicron variant in the UK.

He said: "I think this virus is adapting to the human population better it is becoming milder and more transmissible because the virus doesn't want to kill the host."

He added the virus "wants the host to be infected but relatively mildly so they can walk around society and spread the virus more."

LINK
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 5:45 pm

Never knew that germs had such cognitive powers. What the fook is going to happen to the news I guess they will just go back to strictly and all their woke bollocks?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 5:46 pm

NHS starting to struggle in some areas as below all call critical incidents.

Westmorland General Hospital

The Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Furness General Hospital

Lincoln County Hospital

Grantham and District Hospital

Pilgrim Hospital Boston

County Hospital Louth

Blackpool Victoria Hospital

Clifton Hospital

Fleetwood Hospital

The Great Western Hospital

Derriford Hospital

LINK
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 8:05 pm

This Omicron variant is quite incredible.
It appears to be able to differentiate between public & private sector workers & target the former disproportionately.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 5:34 am

Lord Melbury wrote:
This Omicron variant is quite incredible.
It appears to be able to differentiate between public & private sector workers & target the former disproportionately.

laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 15 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next